• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:49
CEST 04:49
KST 11:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7951 users

Simple [HOTS] Questions, Simple [Beta] Answers - Page 45

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 63 Next
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
February 03 2013 13:08 GMT
#881
On February 03 2013 21:24 Coal wrote:
Finally decided to pre-order HoTS after watching quite a lot of streams! I'm just wondering, am I guaranteed a beta key if I pre-order from eu.battle.net?


If you order a digital copy from battle.net, your account should be immediately flagged for the beta.

(I'm like 95% sure of this, but please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
d00p
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
711 Posts
February 03 2013 13:10 GMT
#882
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone: I won all placement matches and ended up in bronze. This leads me to believe that the MMR of unranked is linked to ranked. Because I had been doing dumb stuff and losing a ton of games in unranked prior to placements. So are they infact separate or not? I remember reading that they are separate. But no worries either way. I have never "fought my way up from bronze". Should be fun.
Tuczniak
Profile Joined September 2010
1561 Posts
February 03 2013 13:21 GMT
#883
On February 03 2013 22:10 d00p wrote:
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone: I won all placement matches and ended up in bronze. This leads me to believe that the MMR of unranked is linked to ranked. Because I had been doing dumb stuff and losing a ton of games in unranked prior to placements. So are they infact separate or not? I remember reading that they are separate. But no worries either way. I have never "fought my way up from bronze". Should be fun.
I heard it happened before. MMRs are separate, but if you have ranked MMR, your first unranked MMR will be the same at the beginning. Maybe it works similary other way around, idk.
Deleted User 124618
Profile Joined November 2010
1142 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-03 13:41:39
February 03 2013 13:26 GMT
#884
On February 03 2013 22:08 Kambing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 21:24 Coal wrote:
Finally decided to pre-order HoTS after watching quite a lot of streams! I'm just wondering, am I guaranteed a beta key if I pre-order from eu.battle.net?


If you order a digital copy from battle.net, your account should be immediately flagged for the beta.

(I'm like 95% sure of this, but please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.)


How do I install beta client? I ordered digital deluxe copy of HOTS (EU) from battle.net, and I can't find beta anywhere. Public test client says Wings of Liberty. When I uninstall SC2 and use the installer I download from my battle.net account, it installs Wings of Liberty.

I'm ok if I have to wait until release, but I haven't played for a while and I'd like to have training that doesn't affect my MMR
Tuczniak
Profile Joined September 2010
1561 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-03 14:14:49
February 03 2013 14:14 GMT
#885
On February 03 2013 22:26 Greentellon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 22:08 Kambing wrote:
On February 03 2013 21:24 Coal wrote:
Finally decided to pre-order HoTS after watching quite a lot of streams! I'm just wondering, am I guaranteed a beta key if I pre-order from eu.battle.net?


If you order a digital copy from battle.net, your account should be immediately flagged for the beta.

(I'm like 95% sure of this, but please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.)


How do I install beta client? I ordered digital deluxe copy of HOTS (EU) from battle.net, and I can't find beta anywhere. Public test client says Wings of Liberty. When I uninstall SC2 and use the installer I download from my battle.net account, it installs Wings of Liberty.

I'm ok if I have to wait until release, but I haven't played for a while and I'd like to have training that doesn't affect my MMR
Installer downloaded from "/your account page summary/under starcraft II click stacraft 2 : hots beta/download game client" doesn't work? It works fine with me. Btw I don't have WoL installed.
Deleted User 124618
Profile Joined November 2010
1142 Posts
February 03 2013 15:19 GMT
#886
On February 03 2013 23:14 Tuczniak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 22:26 Greentellon wrote:
On February 03 2013 22:08 Kambing wrote:
On February 03 2013 21:24 Coal wrote:
Finally decided to pre-order HoTS after watching quite a lot of streams! I'm just wondering, am I guaranteed a beta key if I pre-order from eu.battle.net?


If you order a digital copy from battle.net, your account should be immediately flagged for the beta.

(I'm like 95% sure of this, but please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.)


How do I install beta client? I ordered digital deluxe copy of HOTS (EU) from battle.net, and I can't find beta anywhere. Public test client says Wings of Liberty. When I uninstall SC2 and use the installer I download from my battle.net account, it installs Wings of Liberty.

I'm ok if I have to wait until release, but I haven't played for a while and I'd like to have training that doesn't affect my MMR
Installer downloaded from "/your account page summary/under starcraft II click stacraft 2 : hots beta/download game client" doesn't work? It works fine with me. Btw I don't have WoL installed.


Ah! Thank you! There was no visible link for beta download, but there was a green popup I hadn't paid attention to before. I pushed "learn more" and there was the link.
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
February 03 2013 16:51 GMT
#887
Does someone already know about the changed viking model in the HotS trailer? Especially the jets are different (no more longish.)
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
Kommatiazo
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States579 Posts
February 03 2013 19:40 GMT
#888
I seem to remember there being mention at some point by Blizzard of them making it so that when you have a player on ignore, but you then initiate a chat with them, that it supersedes the ignore rule, but I can't find anything on it now. Does anyone know if they implemented this yet? Or at all?

The only thing that riles me up on the ladder is when someone is BMing i.e. calling me a "1 base fag" "Protoss OP" "you're bad, I defend u all-in and you still win with harass so fucking OP" and I try to respond simply "I fast expanded and pressured, I did NOT go all-in. Watch the replay man" Player is ignoring you FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So yeah, is there the ability to do this still in HotS? This was honestly my most anticipated UI/Social change.
"You must enemy don't know, and very good micro" - Bosstoss #Wet4Ret
BretZ
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1510 Posts
February 03 2013 19:53 GMT
#889
On February 04 2013 04:40 Kommatiazo wrote:
I seem to remember there being mention at some point by Blizzard of them making it so that when you have a player on ignore, but you then initiate a chat with them, that it supersedes the ignore rule, but I can't find anything on it now. Does anyone know if they implemented this yet? Or at all?

The only thing that riles me up on the ladder is when someone is BMing i.e. calling me a "1 base fag" "Protoss OP" "you're bad, I defend u all-in and you still win with harass so fucking OP" and I try to respond simply "I fast expanded and pressured, I did NOT go all-in. Watch the replay man" Player is ignoring you FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So yeah, is there the ability to do this still in HotS? This was honestly my most anticipated UI/Social change.


They made it so if you ignore someone, you can't chat them, I believe, don't quote me on that though
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
February 03 2013 19:57 GMT
#890
If they ignore you, they can no longer message you in hots, so they can't spam you. However they will still be able to bm you and ignore you before you can answer, no way to avoid that.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
3nickma
Profile Joined November 2007
Denmark1510 Posts
February 04 2013 11:59 GMT
#891
Pardon me for asking but is there a recap somewhere listing any new macro mechanics in HOTS?

I've just started to watch some HOTS streams and I noticed a "Worker xx/24" banner (which seems awsome!). So I was just wondering if there's any other small improvements along those lines
L E E J A E D O N G ! <3
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
February 04 2013 21:36 GMT
#892
Can you currently tell widow mines to not auto attack while burrowed?
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
MNdakota
Profile Joined March 2012
United States512 Posts
February 04 2013 22:08 GMT
#893
On February 05 2013 06:36 MCDayC wrote:
Can you currently tell widow mines to not auto attack while burrowed?


No. They took that out. They'll attack the very first unit they come in contact with whether it be an Infested Terran, Zergling or a Locust.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.
Natalya
Profile Joined December 2011
Belgium287 Posts
February 04 2013 23:32 GMT
#894
Yo! Started playing the Beta today finally. Everything was fine before I started droping out of the games. Just a screen "you got dropped". Happened 4 times in a row. Anyone has the same issue? My internet connection is not the best out there but i've never been dropped from other games, including WoL. I play from Europe, dunno if that's the problem.

Also, not really a question, but I find stupid that blinding cloud is hitting your own units as well ;D
Stephen_drewz
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia41 Posts
February 05 2013 02:33 GMT
#895
Does anyone know whether the beta access on our account will switch over to the full thing on release day or will I be waiting for my amazon physical copy to reach Australia to enter a separate key?

If its the latter I guess I will cancel the amazon copy and order digital copy from battle.net.

Thanks
Leech hard, live entertained.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 05 2013 02:58 GMT
#896
On February 05 2013 11:33 Stephen_drewz wrote:
Does anyone know whether the beta access on our account will switch over to the full thing on release day or will I be waiting for my amazon physical copy to reach Australia to enter a separate key?

If its the latter I guess I will cancel the amazon copy and order digital copy from battle.net.

Thanks


If it is like the past, all blizzard games close the beta account up and then you get a new product key to install the real game.
crazysaltcracker
Profile Joined February 2013
United States5 Posts
February 05 2013 09:37 GMT
#897
I have multiple regions on the same account NA/EU/TW/SEA

I have Hots preordered.

Does anyone know what will happen when Hots is released?

The faq says that if I have multiple regions, that I will only have to upgrade Hots once and it will be applied to all regions.


Does that mean I'll have 1 Hots account with global play? Or will have 4 Hots accounts with global play? ie: SCII-1/2/3/4
spirates
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden148 Posts
February 05 2013 16:29 GMT
#898
On February 04 2013 04:40 Kommatiazo wrote:
I seem to remember there being mention at some point by Blizzard of them making it so that when you have a player on ignore, but you then initiate a chat with them, that it supersedes the ignore rule, but I can't find anything on it now. Does anyone know if they implemented this yet? Or at all?

The only thing that riles me up on the ladder is when someone is BMing i.e. calling me a "1 base fag" "Protoss OP" "you're bad, I defend u all-in and you still win with harass so fucking OP" and I try to respond simply "I fast expanded and pressured, I did NOT go all-in. Watch the replay man" Player is ignoring you FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So yeah, is there the ability to do this still in HotS? This was honestly my most anticipated UI/Social change.


More often some retard crybaby whines after loosing game and when i try and reply it gives me "that player does not accept whispers from players not on their friends list" or similiar like that.. its so FRUSTRATING, if they fucking whisper me, I should be able to respond regardless of their status.
Olinho
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany11 Posts
February 05 2013 16:47 GMT
#899
When i try to log on it says that the servers are currently not available. Its been this way for a couple hours. And since there a lot of people streaming the game, the servers aren't down. Right?
Anyone know what i can do?
og t0fu #69
Sabre
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1086 Posts
February 05 2013 16:48 GMT
#900
On February 06 2013 01:47 Olinho wrote:
When i try to log on it says that the servers are currently not available. Its been this way for a couple hours. And since there a lot of people streaming the game, the servers aren't down. Right?
Anyone know what i can do?


i can't get on either, I think that it's not dropped anyone that was on prior to the outage but noone that attempts to since can get on
UK TrackMania Champion | Former SC2 player | http://www.twitter.com/Sabre_CS
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 125
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1920
GuemChi 1486
Artosis 651
910 76
Bale 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
febbydoto10
Counter-Strike
taco 569
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox411
Other Games
summit1g7352
Doublelift1925
JimRising 577
C9.Mang0381
Day[9].tv316
PiGStarcraft259
Maynarde110
CosmosSc2 23
WinterStarcraft9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick984
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv316
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 11m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 11m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 11m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.