• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:47
CEST 06:47
KST 13:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8381 users

Simple [HOTS] Questions, Simple [Beta] Answers - Page 42

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 63 Next
Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
January 30 2013 02:10 GMT
#821
Anyone else getting an audio bug where a unit won't stop repeating a line of dialogue? My oracle was stuck saying "we interpret" for a good 5 minutes (and when I selected it, it would play another dialogue line on top of it).
"See you space cowboy"
Parodoxx
Profile Joined May 2010
United States549 Posts
January 30 2013 10:18 GMT
#822
I really hope I am not being super stupid here but I recently was trying out terran and recalled a healing upgrade in some recent patch notes. I opened up a custom game to find out what was required for the upgrade and I cant find it. I read through the old patch notes and it said it required a fusion core but the upgrade only adds 25 start energy (sames as WOL) not the added healing per ratio. Is this because it was a custom or a glitch or am I dumb.


Sissors
Profile Joined March 2012
1395 Posts
January 30 2013 10:29 GMT
#823
It was rolled back.
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
January 30 2013 11:10 GMT
#824
In WoL I was using hybrid graphic settings: Textures on ultra, Models high, everything else (including shaders) on Low. I really liked the sharp and minimalistic look there. However, in HotS this configuration isn't possible anymore, because you have to set the shaders to medium to use the higher detailed models. Medium shaders are looking pretty terrible, so I'm playing the game on the lowest settings now. The game looks minimalistic there, but it lacks the sharpness of my WoL settings.

Is there any way (e.g. by editing the preferences file) to get back to the old settings or does the tweaked game engine prevent that?
first we make expand, then we defense it.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
January 30 2013 12:02 GMT
#825
On January 30 2013 20:10 virpi wrote:
In WoL I was using hybrid graphic settings: Textures on ultra, Models high, everything else (including shaders) on Low. I really liked the sharp and minimalistic look there. However, in HotS this configuration isn't possible anymore, because you have to set the shaders to medium to use the higher detailed models. Medium shaders are looking pretty terrible, so I'm playing the game on the lowest settings now. The game looks minimalistic there, but it lacks the sharpness of my WoL settings.

Is there any way (e.g. by editing the preferences file) to get back to the old settings or does the tweaked game engine prevent that?

It prevents that, but there are still some solutions.

First solution. Here are closest and similar settings to Hybridic ones. The difference is old shiny effect and higher resolution of shadows, also some other slighty differences like sharper edges of creep.

• All settings to Low
• Textures - Medium
• Shaders - Medium
• Models - High
• Terrain - Medium (if you want animated creep)

Second solution. Use Darker D3 Mod. It works with SC2 too, making it less saturated and a bit darker. Put all files into Support folder and copy d3d9.dll into latest version folder in StarCraft 2 2012 Beta/Versions, and you will have more serious StarCraft 2. Also you can get sharper effect, but I dislike it, so darker+desaturation is enought for me.

Here are my screenshots of it.

[image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading]
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
January 30 2013 13:30 GMT
#826
thanks a lot, but that doesn't look like the style I really like. Well, I guess, I'll have to get along with new look of the game then.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
January 30 2013 13:36 GMT
#827
Thanks for the advice .
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
January 30 2013 13:59 GMT
#828
On January 30 2013 22:30 virpi wrote:
thanks a lot, but that doesn't look like the style I really like. Well, I guess, I'll have to get along with new look of the game then.

Blizzards already blocked many variables.txt editing, so thats all we have right now. Some things can be done too, but you and me know, that it's not similar to pre-1.5.0 patch times
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 15:43:12
January 30 2013 15:25 GMT
#829
I wanted to post in the HotS forums but the website tells me that I need a Starcraft II character. Of course I have a character, because I play the beta with a key through preordering. Did I miss something else?


edit: I found out that I need to be on eu.battle.net. But there are not the threads I want to write a reply
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
January 30 2013 16:01 GMT
#830
Can someone please tell me what happened to the proposed queen model? It looked 1000x better than our current goofy stumbling queen.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 16:25:37
January 30 2013 16:25 GMT
#831
On January 31 2013 01:01 PanN wrote:
Can someone please tell me what happened to the proposed queen model? It looked 1000x better than our current goofy stumbling queen.

They're just not using it. Probably that model was used for Queen with 3 range weapon.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 30 2013 16:32 GMT
#832
On January 31 2013 01:25 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 01:01 PanN wrote:
Can someone please tell me what happened to the proposed queen model? It looked 1000x better than our current goofy stumbling queen.

They're just not using it. Probably that model was used for Queen with 3 range weapon.

i dont think that model was ever for multiplayer and they only planned to use it for broodmothers in campaign
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
January 30 2013 16:35 GMT
#833
Also it can be an alternate skin for Queen from leveling
TheOneAboveU
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Germany3367 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 19:16:35
January 30 2013 18:52 GMT
#834
After winning a monobattle today I got to the experience-screen as always, but there it didn´t show me as normally all the xp I got. Instead there was a message saying, that I shouldt upgrade my game to gain additional experience. The upgrade-button directed me to my battle.net account in my browser, but there nothing happened. Overall I am level 15. 4 with Protoss, which I played in the monobattle.

Has this happened to others as well?

Edit: In a normal game vs. AI everything was normal. Maybe its just a bug after a custom game.
Moderatoralias TripleM | @TL_TripleM | Big Dark Energy!
Ch3rry
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland229 Posts
January 30 2013 19:09 GMT
#835
Doeas APM in HotS is the same as APM in WoL?

Im changed my hotkeys, and now my APM is like 70%-100% higher than in WoL. I wonder if the new keybinds are so great or WoL uses Blizzards seconds (shorter) and HotS uses normal seconds (longer).
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
January 30 2013 19:20 GMT
#836
On January 31 2013 04:09 Ch3rry wrote:
Doeas APM in HotS is the same as APM in WoL?

Im changed my hotkeys, and now my APM is like 70%-100% higher than in WoL. I wonder if the new keybinds are so great or WoL uses Blizzards seconds (shorter) and HotS uses normal seconds (longer).

APM is bugged now in beta
NVRLand
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden203 Posts
January 30 2013 19:36 GMT
#837
Is there anyone out there who has a problem with random?

I am a diamond toss in WoL and wanted to play random in the beta for fun (and maybe for the portraits :D) but over the last 17 games I've been zerg 12 times and terran 5 times. 17 games in a row without any protoss?

I know that it is random and that this is plausible but damn... The chances of not getting a specific race for 17 straight matches is about 0,1% if I'm doing my math correctly...
AcidKing
Profile Joined January 2013
Germany16 Posts
January 30 2013 19:49 GMT
#838
does any 1 know how to upload custom maps to Hots ?
Acid!Acid!Acid!Acid!Acid!
AcidKing
Profile Joined January 2013
Germany16 Posts
January 30 2013 19:51 GMT
#839
On January 31 2013 03:52 TheOneAboveU wrote:
After winning a monobattle today I got to the experience-screen as always, but there it didn´t show me as normally all the xp I got. Instead there was a message saying, that I shouldt upgrade my game to gain additional experience. The upgrade-button directed me to my battle.net account in my browser, but there nothing happened. Overall I am level 15. 4 with Protoss, which I played in the monobattle.

Has this happened to others as well?

Edit: In a normal game vs. AI everything was normal. Maybe its just a bug after a custom game.


playing another game has fixed this issue for me..
Acid!Acid!Acid!Acid!Acid!
Ecailles
Profile Joined June 2012
23 Posts
January 30 2013 21:59 GMT
#840
Was the option to change the langauge of the voices taken away?
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1387
910 86
NotJumperer 78
Bale 43
Hyun 36
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
febbydoto17
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King115
Other Games
summit1g6852
Coldzera 740
JimRising 623
hungrybox547
WinterStarcraft366
C9.Mang0305
PiGStarcraft273
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick757
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 21
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota290
League of Legends
• Lourlo1043
• Rush961
• Stunt270
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 13m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 13m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 13m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.