• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:21
CEST 11:21
KST 18:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10394 users

[MLG] Full Lineup for the MLG Summer Championship - Page 27

Forum Index > SC2 General
616 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 31 Next All
The_Unseen
Profile Joined March 2011
France1923 Posts
August 23 2012 12:11 GMT
#521
Well, that will be going on my dual screen I guess !
I got five reasons for you to shut up
ReboundEU
Profile Joined September 2010
508 Posts
August 23 2012 12:14 GMT
#522
On August 23 2012 00:21 CoFran wrote:
GW2 or this hmmmmmm


I will personally be doing both. Have multiple displays + huge tv :D
U MAD BRO?
jobber123rd
Profile Joined December 2011
United States501 Posts
August 23 2012 12:15 GMT
#523
On August 23 2012 19:07 sAsImre wrote:
A rather weak line up... not a lot of Code S only two superstars, an awful openbracket, some ppl who'll go 0-5 in groups...


Groups don't work that way anymore. Instead of six-player round-robin Pools, they are eight-player double-elimination mini-tournaments (for lack of a better term). The worst a Group player can do is 0-4.
"I'm always going to survive. Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something." --Mike Tyson
Brainyac
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany199 Posts
August 23 2012 12:22 GMT
#524
Well, Taeja's rockin them all, so idc about the others :p
Taeja Fighting! <3
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
August 23 2012 12:58 GMT
#525
On August 23 2012 21:14 ReboundEU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 00:21 CoFran wrote:
GW2 or this hmmmmmm


I will personally be doing both. Have multiple displays + huge tv :D


I'm so jealous it's not even funny anymore

(And I have an report due for Aug. 27th... Oh god oh god oh god whyyyy T_T )
LiquipediaWanderer
boxman22
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada430 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-23 13:28:47
August 23 2012 13:21 GMT
#526
On August 23 2012 13:29 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 11:35 Benjamin99 wrote:
On August 23 2012 08:14 Dodgin wrote:
On August 23 2012 08:12 Kenpark wrote:
I dont get why there should be 8 Kespa players seeded in the first place. I mean it would be fun to see them lose vs some NA ladder heroes, but 8 fucking seeds, paid flight etc. For what ? They arent even top tier.
Foreigener vs Korean is what most people wanna see, so imo they should try to bring some more foreign talent.


Someone hasn't been watching WCS Korea, some of the Kespa guys are already better than a lot of GOM players.


No they are not! Winning one BO3 means nothing you should know that. How many times have unknown foreigners beat Korean code S players? Are they also better then them now?. Goody better then Nestea and MMA now?. Seriously some of you BW fans need to come down to earth and get a grip on reality.


3 of the representatives of Korea for WCS Asia are Kespa players, that's out of 7 of them who were in the tournament...I wouldn't call it a fluke at all.

I have a good grip on reality, all you have to do is look at the liquipedia brackets and see how well they did. It's a lot better than winning one bo3.

I mean to be fair people say "kespa talent" but kespa picked the best 6 they have. It all goes downhill from there. If anyone watched the Hero/Roro game today they would realize Kespa still has a little ways to go. I feel like a lot of the problem was massive pressure on the GSL players to win. Only 1 kespa player was able to qualify from the open bracket.
Edit: Just glancing through day 1 of the open bracket, looking at some famous kespa player results:
Wooki 0-2 고재흠
Hoejja 1-2 Harrier
Flying 0-2 Brown
Flash 2-0 Brown, Flash 1-2 Sniper
Crazy-hydra 1-2 inori
Bisu 0-2 Moon
Fantasy 0-2 Pet

Only 1 kespa player, Flash, was able to beat a top Code B/Code A player. It's not as though Kespa players winning against GSL players is a common thing
ReboundEU
Profile Joined September 2010
508 Posts
August 23 2012 13:31 GMT
#527
On August 23 2012 21:58 Ragnarork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 21:14 ReboundEU wrote:
On August 23 2012 00:21 CoFran wrote:
GW2 or this hmmmmmm


I will personally be doing both. Have multiple displays + huge tv :D


I'm so jealous it's not even funny anymore

(And I have an report due for Aug. 27th... Oh god oh god oh god whyyyy T_T )


U can just buy a medium-cost monitor and use it as a secondary. U just need to watch streams/read web and such and play on the main one. Costs are not that high to be honest.
U MAD BRO?
setzer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3284 Posts
August 23 2012 13:44 GMT
#528
On August 23 2012 22:21 boxman22 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 13:29 Dodgin wrote:
On August 23 2012 11:35 Benjamin99 wrote:
On August 23 2012 08:14 Dodgin wrote:
On August 23 2012 08:12 Kenpark wrote:
I dont get why there should be 8 Kespa players seeded in the first place. I mean it would be fun to see them lose vs some NA ladder heroes, but 8 fucking seeds, paid flight etc. For what ? They arent even top tier.
Foreigener vs Korean is what most people wanna see, so imo they should try to bring some more foreign talent.


Someone hasn't been watching WCS Korea, some of the Kespa guys are already better than a lot of GOM players.


No they are not! Winning one BO3 means nothing you should know that. How many times have unknown foreigners beat Korean code S players? Are they also better then them now?. Goody better then Nestea and MMA now?. Seriously some of you BW fans need to come down to earth and get a grip on reality.


3 of the representatives of Korea for WCS Asia are Kespa players, that's out of 7 of them who were in the tournament...I wouldn't call it a fluke at all.

I have a good grip on reality, all you have to do is look at the liquipedia brackets and see how well they did. It's a lot better than winning one bo3.

I mean to be fair people say "kespa talent" but kespa picked the best 6 they have. It all goes downhill from there. If anyone watched the Hero/Roro game today they would realize Kespa still has a little ways to go. I feel like a lot of the problem was massive pressure on the GSL players to win. Only 1 kespa player was able to qualify from the open bracket.
Edit: Just glancing through day 1 of the open bracket, looking at some famous kespa player results:
Wooki 0-2 고재흠
Hoejja 1-2 Harrier
Flying 0-2 Brown
Flash 2-0 Brown, Flash 1-2 Sniper
Crazy-hydra 1-2 inori
Bisu 0-2 Moon
Fantasy 0-2 Pet

Only 1 kespa player, Flash, was able to beat a top Code B/Code A player. It's not as though Kespa players winning against GSL players is a common thing


Those results aren't recent at all. If the qualifiers were done today then KeSPA players would have a much higher chance of making it through and this shows by how well they have done in the actual tournament.
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
August 23 2012 13:55 GMT
#529
On August 23 2012 21:11 jobber123rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 20:31 Petrone wrote:
It's not just koreans missing I feel like it is used to be more filled with europeans. I think that if they want more europeans and more koreans they have to make it more forgiving not to miss a summer arena or whatever. I just feel like the gap between EU and NA has gotten even bigger with names like Idra and HuK not getting the results lately, besides them there isn't much talent to hype I feel. Ofc there is Suppy and maybe Scarlett but if you look at the EU scene I feel they have like dozens of similar up and coming players which in my opinion are much better. I'm disappointed at the lack of players from outside NA, just look at TSL4 for an example wasn't it just Major who qualified from NA into the last 32 players ( I think it was something like 15 koreans, 16 europeans and then Major?). I think the current lineup of players will give MLG less good games, but I hope I am proven wrong.



If you look at it from a worldwide persepective, there's WCS (Korea), OSL, Proleague, and Campus Party all drawing attention and talent away from this weekend's MLG (and WCS KR prelims were in direct conflict with Summer Arena), so of course there's going to be a weaker international lineup.

Hopefully, Dallas will be better in that regard.

I'm not sure, MLG Dallas will take place at the same dates than ESWC in Paris. Otherwise, if the brackets on Liquipedia are correct, the top seeds are totally disadvantaged as I was expecting it yesterday. I hope it will be changed, we can't have Sasquatch-GoOdy in the first round as well as TaeJa-MarineKing or Stephano-Leenock.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
FilthyRake
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States473 Posts
August 23 2012 14:27 GMT
#530
wish me luck guys. hopefully I dont get kawaiirice again like I did at anaheim haha
Co-owner of PSISTORM Gaming
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
August 23 2012 14:33 GMT
#531
Will tune in of course, kinda curious to see who will win WCS. Taeja is gonna win the MLG thing of course :D
SickeL
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
110 Posts
August 23 2012 14:39 GMT
#532
On August 23 2012 22:21 boxman22 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 13:29 Dodgin wrote:
On August 23 2012 11:35 Benjamin99 wrote:
On August 23 2012 08:14 Dodgin wrote:
On August 23 2012 08:12 Kenpark wrote:
I dont get why there should be 8 Kespa players seeded in the first place. I mean it would be fun to see them lose vs some NA ladder heroes, but 8 fucking seeds, paid flight etc. For what ? They arent even top tier.
Foreigener vs Korean is what most people wanna see, so imo they should try to bring some more foreign talent.


Someone hasn't been watching WCS Korea, some of the Kespa guys are already better than a lot of GOM players.


No they are not! Winning one BO3 means nothing you should know that. How many times have unknown foreigners beat Korean code S players? Are they also better then them now?. Goody better then Nestea and MMA now?. Seriously some of you BW fans need to come down to earth and get a grip on reality.


3 of the representatives of Korea for WCS Asia are Kespa players, that's out of 7 of them who were in the tournament...I wouldn't call it a fluke at all.

I have a good grip on reality, all you have to do is look at the liquipedia brackets and see how well they did. It's a lot better than winning one bo3.

I mean to be fair people say "kespa talent" but kespa picked the best 6 they have. It all goes downhill from there. If anyone watched the Hero/Roro game today they would realize Kespa still has a little ways to go. I feel like a lot of the problem was massive pressure on the GSL players to win. Only 1 kespa player was able to qualify from the open bracket.
Edit: Just glancing through day 1 of the open bracket, looking at some famous kespa player results:
Wooki 0-2 고재흠
Hoejja 1-2 Harrier
Flying 0-2 Brown
Flash 2-0 Brown, Flash 1-2 Sniper
Crazy-hydra 1-2 inori
Bisu 0-2 Moon
Fantasy 0-2 Pet

Only 1 kespa player, Flash, was able to beat a top Code B/Code A player. It's not as though Kespa players winning against GSL players is a common thing

That was so long ago.. their results are much different now. The top Kespa players, like Effort and RoRo, Jaedong and Flash are in the lower levels of Code-S, at the least, at this point. Most of the other Kespa players are also at least somewhere in Code-A, even.
A wise man once said "Oppa Gangnam style."
elagrion
Profile Joined April 2010
Ukraine422 Posts
August 23 2012 14:44 GMT
#533
OP, why images? With text I can search for name of players that is interesting to me. With images - I must eye-scan every pixel. Lists done with images it is terrible choice. What do you afraid of, that some will copy text or something?
Everything is a remix.
jobber123rd
Profile Joined December 2011
United States501 Posts
August 23 2012 14:59 GMT
#534
On August 23 2012 23:44 elagrion wrote:
OP, why images? With text I can search for name of players that is interesting to me. With images - I must eye-scan every pixel. Lists done with images it is terrible choice. What do you afraid of, that some will copy text or something?


Try this.
"I'm always going to survive. Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something." --Mike Tyson
Kenpark
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany2350 Posts
August 23 2012 15:20 GMT
#535
I dont know if I get the brackets right, but Steph, First, Oz, Taeja etc have to play some open bracket winner (MKP, JYP, TheStc, Heart etc) while Goody plays Sasquatch and Daisy plays Caliber in the first round ???
I know it is double elim, but this is just wrong imo.

I dont know what can be done at this point, but imagine Steph (or any other high caliber high seed) has to play MKP in the 1st round gets send to loser bracket, where he faces Oz or Violet or another Korean from the open bracket.

This cant be right and cant be in the interest of MLG. Higher seeds should obv be an advantage.

In my opinion give Taeja, Hero, Steph, Losira etc a BYE in the 1st round, like IEM did with their group winners. They already proved themselves in the Arena.

And yes I´m a foreigner fanboy and afraid Steph gets an early exit but the point is still valid.

Pls tell me I just read the brackets wrong.
a3den
Profile Joined April 2012
704 Posts
August 23 2012 17:26 GMT
#536
On August 24 2012 00:20 Kenpark wrote:
I dont know if I get the brackets right, but Steph, First, Oz, Taeja etc have to play some open bracket winner (MKP, JYP, TheStc, Heart etc) while Goody plays Sasquatch and Daisy plays Caliber in the first round ???
I know it is double elim, but this is just wrong imo.

I dont know what can be done at this point, but imagine Steph (or any other high caliber high seed) has to play MKP in the 1st round gets send to loser bracket, where he faces Oz or Violet or another Korean from the open bracket.

This cant be right and cant be in the interest of MLG. Higher seeds should obv be an advantage.

In my opinion give Taeja, Hero, Steph, Losira etc a BYE in the 1st round, like IEM did with their group winners. They already proved themselves in the Arena.

And yes I´m a foreigner fanboy and afraid Steph gets an early exit but the point is still valid.

Pls tell me I just read the brackets wrong.


Yeah I hope they're not official because yeah, it's badly made.
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
August 23 2012 17:38 GMT
#537
I'm super ready for this shit I got my allins ready to go. Time to charge through that open bracket.
SilSol
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden2744 Posts
August 23 2012 17:46 GMT
#538
On August 24 2012 02:38 LuckyFool wrote:
I'm super ready for this shit I got my allins ready to go. Time to charge through that open bracket.


haha that's the spirit ;D
http://fragbite.se/user/117868/silsol since 2006 http://www.reddit.com/u/silsol77
Irre
Profile Joined August 2010
United States646 Posts
August 23 2012 17:53 GMT
#539
i am pulling for Nony/Tyler to win WCS
Atlas247
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada318 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-23 17:54:33
August 23 2012 17:54 GMT
#540
On August 24 2012 02:38 LuckyFool wrote:
I'm super ready for this shit I got my allins ready to go. Time to charge through that open bracket.


(Tasteless Voice) Is LuckyFool the next Zerg Bonjwa?
Windex Banana Lampshade
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 197
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1324
Horang2 1250
ggaemo 759
Larva 569
Bisu 388
Stork 365
Leta 333
PianO 199
Hyuk 78
Killer 43
[ Show more ]
Sexy 40
EffOrt 29
Soma 27
Bale 26
yabsab 19
Hm[arnc] 18
sorry 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe273
League of Legends
JimRising 358
Reynor102
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1219
Other Games
crisheroes144
Mew2King120
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick553
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream185
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6067
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Stunt1249
• Jankos1102
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
40m
Online Event
1h 40m
FEL
6h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.