• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:15
CEST 19:15
KST 02:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War245.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8517 users

Patch 1.5 thoughts? - Page 59

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 Next
Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
August 07 2012 22:27 GMT
#1161
On August 08 2012 01:12 matiK23 wrote:
Does anyone else get a lag spike everytime a unit pops out or if you lay down a building? This is on low/med hybrid settings too. Never happened before the patch.


Yeah, I think it has something to do with shaders not being pre-loaded into the cache properly.

working hotfix (works until the cache is cleared/system restart)

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/xrl8p/working_temporary_solution_to_15_stuttering/
"See you space cowboy"
OminouS
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden1343 Posts
August 08 2012 00:37 GMT
#1162
I hate the new warp gate timer. I can never see if it's 5% done or 95% done (for example), unless I stare at the timer for about 2 seconds, but who has time to do that during a fight? If they have to change it, at least make it an option so I can choose the timer I prefer. I prefer the old one for sure.
On the 6th day JF made Reavers and on the 7th day JF put his opponent to rest
BaDMannerS
Profile Joined July 2012
Bulgaria57 Posts
August 09 2012 08:20 GMT
#1163
I have never played on settings below medium, but since I am forced by the retraded patch lag issues i have to play on low now. Could someone, please, tell me what was the issue with new low settings? Some people reported problems, but are they performance and lag problems or changed graphics problems? I do not know how low settings should look like and how to fix a bug if it ossurs. Basically, I've never used "old" low, so I need to know what to look for. At first, I noticed FFs are quite transperent. Is that one of the issues?
RavenLoud
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada1100 Posts
August 09 2012 08:28 GMT
#1164
I wonder why they changed the pylon radius animation, I had no complaints with it before when it was a grid instead of a fluid thing.
Toadvine
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland2234 Posts
August 09 2012 08:31 GMT
#1165
Well, all the 1.5 nonsense has finally convinced me to uninstall the game. Even if I wanted to buy HotS, at this point I'd be afraid of all the improvements doing lasting damage to my PC.
"There are always some Eskimos ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves." - S.J.Lec
[N3O]r3d33m3r
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany674 Posts
August 09 2012 08:46 GMT
#1166
Why is nooone talking about the benefits of Patch 1.5.0?
for example that much more players are playing, i saw 35k sc2 games simultaneously, as well as almost 2k people in chat channels :O
i'm sure once the annoying bugs and lags are patched out it will slowly grow even more
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
August 09 2012 09:09 GMT
#1167
this is freaking unreal. their new 1.5.1 patch actually retarded my performance further! Now playing a 1 v 1 feels like playing a 3 v 3 and the weird queen-birth-stutter is still there~
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
August 09 2012 09:11 GMT
#1168
On August 09 2012 17:46 [N3O]r3d33m3r wrote:
Why is nooone talking about the benefits of Patch 1.5.0?
for example that much more players are playing, i saw 35k sc2 games simultaneously, as well as almost 2k people in chat channels :O
i'm sure once the annoying bugs and lags are patched out it will slowly grow even more

well, presumably since people who used to play on low are not playing at all I have to disagree with you there. What Blizzard has done is clear up a lot of people on marginal computers like mine. And like the guy just above you said, this patch has convinced me not to get HOTS since I am not going to go buy a new laptop for 1 product.
vidium
Profile Joined January 2012
Romania222 Posts
August 09 2012 09:17 GMT
#1169
Nice patch you got out blizz, afterit i just can't play the game even on low settings, before i could with no problems, now in a fight i get 1-2 fps...its ridiculous.Like the poster above me, i ain't gonna buy a new laptop for a game..
You ever notice how no one returns to the barracks?
vAtAZz
Profile Joined September 2011
France250 Posts
August 09 2012 09:20 GMT
#1170
Actually, I'm on a Mac with 10.5.8 Leopard software, Blizzard made this impossible to update to 1.5.0 those Macs, it worked very well on my computer, but if I install Lion, or Mountain Lion, I will lag a lot, so I bootcamped to Windows XP, and I don't know why, It's a lot faster now ! But my machine heats a lot more !
Talent is nothing if you don't have the constant desire to stay at the top. SlayerSBoxeR
Shaoer
Profile Joined July 2012
United States60 Posts
August 09 2012 09:22 GMT
#1171
How do you turn off the Fog of War distinctions? It's like super bright and then super dark, unlike the gradient effect there used to be :/
I GG all the time
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-09 09:35:46
August 09 2012 09:31 GMT
#1172
On August 09 2012 18:22 Shaoer wrote:
How do you turn off the Fog of War distinctions? It's like super bright and then super dark, unlike the gradient effect there used to be :/

The gradient is sharper because the fog of war calculation is now much more precise and using smaller cells. You cannot change it back.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
August 09 2012 09:37 GMT
#1173
On August 09 2012 18:17 vidium wrote:
Nice patch you got out blizz, afterit i just can't play the game even on low settings, before i could with no problems, now in a fight i get 1-2 fps...its ridiculous.Like the poster above me, i ain't gonna buy a new laptop for a game..

I tried it on my laptop and it works as good as before on "low". The issue is probably not really the patch, but another issue with your computer or configuration.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
August 09 2012 09:38 GMT
#1174
On August 09 2012 18:20 vAtAZz wrote:
Actually, I'm on a Mac with 10.5.8 Leopard software, Blizzard made this impossible to update to 1.5.0 those Macs, it worked very well on my computer, but if I install Lion, or Mountain Lion, I will lag a lot, so I bootcamped to Windows XP, and I don't know why, It's a lot faster now ! But my machine heats a lot more !

The Mac version uses OpenGL. While as a general rule of thumb, OpenGL is less CPU-dependend than Direct3D 9, one has also to consider the optimization of the drivers. Windows drivers are often more optimized for gaming, yielding in better performance.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
SunTzuEU
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden221 Posts
August 09 2012 09:54 GMT
#1175
Everything is huge and the borders are like 800 pixels. It's so terrible to look at when you're trying to see for example a chat and the chat is only 1/4 of the window (rly?). If it wasn't for that, I think I mightve liked it better.
lem0ncake
Profile Joined June 2012
England85 Posts
August 09 2012 10:18 GMT
#1176
the game's like russian roulette now, you never know when it's going to crash
tino
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany21 Posts
August 09 2012 16:41 GMT
#1177
I thought, that Blizz put a bit more effort into actually making the UI better. I cannot see a single improvement. All they have done is made a nice and logic menu system into an ugly "too-many-clicks-to-get-somewhere-" system. The new profile is just wrong. They should have taken the old one with the nice bar charts of you leagues and added a few more stats. The new profile gives you no valuable information, not to mention wrong data.

Other things like you have to go over arcade mode to play non-blizzard maps (GSL maps like whirlwind) for custom games or vs AI....

Why not make navigation easier and link things like the league badge (in your profile) to the actual ladder.

Make the changes Blizz please!
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-09 16:48:59
August 09 2012 16:47 GMT
#1178
On August 09 2012 18:54 SunTzuEU wrote:
Everything is huge and the borders are like 800 pixels. It's so terrible to look at when you're trying to see for example a chat and the chat is only 1/4 of the window (rly?). If it wasn't for that, I think I mightve liked it better.


You can change chat size , you know that yes ?


On August 10 2012 01:41 tino wrote:
I thought, that Blizz put a bit more effort into actually making the UI better. I cannot see a single improvement. All they have done is made a nice and logic menu system into an ugly "too-many-clicks-to-get-somewhere-" system. The new profile is just wrong. They should have taken the old one with the nice bar charts of you leagues and added a few more stats. The new profile gives you no valuable information, not to mention wrong data.

Other things like you have to go over arcade mode to play non-blizzard maps (GSL maps like whirlwind) for custom games or vs AI....

Why not make navigation easier and link things like the league badge (in your profile) to the actual ladder.

Make the changes Blizz please!


Now navigation is better ... all you need is use F 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 menu , you can even change keys like you wanna..
Dont get you people...

On August 09 2012 18:17 vidium wrote:
Nice patch you got out blizz, afterit i just can't play the game even on low settings, before i could with no problems, now in a fight i get 1-2 fps...its ridiculous.Like the poster above me, i ain't gonna buy a new laptop for a game..


Its not computer issues , even people with very good computers good fps issues , blizzard must fix it , and they gonna make that.. , nobody know when , but they fix it 100% sure.
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
playa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1284 Posts
August 09 2012 17:20 GMT
#1179
On August 08 2012 09:37 OminouS wrote:
I hate the new warp gate timer. I can never see if it's 5% done or 95% done (for example), unless I stare at the timer for about 2 seconds, but who has time to do that during a fight? If they have to change it, at least make it an option so I can choose the timer I prefer. I prefer the old one for sure.


So this. I don't understand why they changed it in the first place, let a lone think this is better. Feels like a nerf...
BaDMannerS
Profile Joined July 2012
Bulgaria57 Posts
August 09 2012 23:31 GMT
#1180
On August 09 2012 18:11 Sub40APM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 17:46 [N3O]r3d33m3r wrote:
Why is nooone talking about the benefits of Patch 1.5.0?
for example that much more players are playing, i saw 35k sc2 games simultaneously, as well as almost 2k people in chat channels :O
i'm sure once the annoying bugs and lags are patched out it will slowly grow even more

well, presumably since people who used to play on low are not playing at all I have to disagree with you there. What Blizzard has done is clear up a lot of people on marginal computers like mine. And like the guy just above you said, this patch has convinced me not to get HOTS since I am not going to go buy a new laptop for 1 product.

Why those using low are not playing, according to you? I think they are not affected. I actually play always above medium, but now I don't, because it is unplayable and lags. I have no problem on low, though.
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 282
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26914
Calm 5544
Stork 275
Rush 178
Light 157
Barracks 132
Free 124
Zeus 92
910 92
Mind 87
[ Show more ]
Shinee 43
Trap 43
Hyun 38
Killer 33
Aegong 30
ToSsGirL 25
Rock 24
soO 21
Sexy 16
Sacsri 8
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9083
XaKoH 364
Counter-Strike
fl0m5274
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby359
Other Games
singsing2076
FrodaN781
B2W.Neo598
Beastyqt594
crisheroes306
mouzStarbuck299
Livibee177
Hui .162
C9.Mang0154
RotterdaM125
KnowMe98
Trikslyr79
QueenE65
BRAT_OK 24
edward19
MindelVK14
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 24
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2535
Other Games
• Shiphtur835
• imaqtpie0
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 46m
Big Brain Bouts
16h 46m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
23h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
Patches Events
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.