• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:14
CEST 08:14
KST 15:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)28Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7264 users

[Interview] 2012 GSTL S2 R1 Group B Match 1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 14:41:38
June 04 2012 14:27 GMT
#1
TSLSymbol

[image loading]

How does it feel to score an amazing four kills?

It’s a number I never expected. Since my team was behind, I was planning to do my best to make it easier on Polt. This thought helped me through the games and made the four kills possible.

You must be even happier to have done this in the GSTL.

I am exceptionally happy. I think the fact I was able to achieve something like this in the best Starcraft 2 Team League earns me some recognition. Even within the team, my performance today was impressive. I’m glad I’m starting out well unlike last season.

You are unstoppable lately. What’s the secret?

No secret, it’s all thanks to the Zergs on my team. We talk among each other a lot and try to reinforce each other’s play. I can’t take all the credit.

Your first game today was against Moon

He was on a roll after three kills but actually seeing his play, I was under no pressure. I felt that if I concentrated and saw through his play, I could win. It seemed that he had a penchant for burrowed infestors so I had overseers ready in time.

Your most difficult match today?

It was the game against Moon. I made a mistake preparing against zergnling runbys. I wasn’t warmed up since it was the first game. Still, I was able to win by defending well against the infestors. The rest of the games were no trouble. There was no crisis at any point.

People now rate your play as Code S level

If that’s true, I am grateful. I’ve never thought about it like that in the games. I just always try to show the same level of play as I do in practice. I think winning in Code S is an appropriate gesture of gratitude to such evaluation.

You must want to try taking on MVP on LG-IM

There’s the fact that I lost to him both in the last GSTL and in a recent online tournament. On top, he’s a GSL champion. Of course, I want to take him on.

Will you prepare for MVP?

I won’t ignore other players on IM. However, I think I should in case I face him. GSTL is a best of 1 format so I think I stand a better chance compared to a longer series. The recent patch was favourable for Zerg so I would say it’s 6:4 in my favour.

How well do you want to do in this GSTL?

My team’s performance comes before my own. I want to try for the most kills award but my team’s victory comes before my own so I’ll listen to my coach’s instructions. Firstly, I really want to make Round 2. Getting eliminated in Round 1 makes it too boring for me(laugh).

Anything to add?

I want to thank my coach who believed in me and sent me out today. I also want to thank my parents and my older sister who cheer me on from home. Recently, my team has had great teamwork. I want to thank my teammates also. Our team will become even better in the future so I ask the fans to keep supporting us.

Source: ThisisGame
Translator
NuclearJudas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
6546 Posts
June 04 2012 14:29 GMT
#2
On June 04 2012 23:27 storywriter wrote:
Since my team was behind, I was planning to do my best to make it easier on Polt.

Woop, Team Polt fighting. Thanks as always, mate.
Life is like Tetris. Your errors pile up but your accomplishments disappear. - Robert Ohlén | http://railroaddiary.wordpress.com/ - My words about stuff.
Meteora.GB
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2479 Posts
June 04 2012 14:30 GMT
#3
Gogogo Team Polt.
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
June 04 2012 14:31 GMT
#4
6:4 in favor of taking down MVP? o.O
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 14:32:40
June 04 2012 14:32 GMT
#5
symbol such a monster. thanks storywriter~
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 14:33:15
June 04 2012 14:32 GMT
#6
Symbol fighting <3

I'm guessing the online tournament he was talking about is Iron Squid.

On June 04 2012 23:31 Gladiator333 wrote:
6:4 in favor of taking down MVP? o.O


Hey it doesn't hurt to have confidence, I wouldn't consider it an upset if he beat Mvp in a bo1. Kid is good at Starcraft.
Pwnographics
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand1097 Posts
June 04 2012 14:34 GMT
#7
On June 04 2012 23:31 Gladiator333 wrote:
6:4 in favor of taking down MVP? o.O


Delusional...
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
June 04 2012 14:34 GMT
#8
Nice to hear that TSL seems strong and secure again =)

Symbol looked beastly today.
Archile
Profile Joined June 2011
United States403 Posts
June 04 2012 14:35 GMT
#9
gogo Symbol :D

now only for RevivaL and HyuN to start crushing... bwahahahaha
Just a bad player trying to be a little less bad
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
June 04 2012 14:35 GMT
#10
I didn't know before that MVP beated Symbol almost everytime they played.
ImNightmare
Profile Joined May 2012
1575 Posts
June 04 2012 14:36 GMT
#11
On June 04 2012 23:34 Pwnographics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2012 23:31 Gladiator333 wrote:
6:4 in favor of taking down MVP? o.O


Delusional...

Not just delusional, that boy gone crazy. If mvp gets taken down by this kid, I will jerk off to snooki for a week
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
June 04 2012 14:37 GMT
#12
On June 04 2012 23:35 Wildmoon wrote:
I didn't know before that MVP beated Symbol almost everytime they played.


They have only played four games. Mvp won a bo1 in the gstl last season vs him and 2-1 in the online stages of Iron Squid, not a lot of history really.
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
June 04 2012 14:41 GMT
#13
On June 04 2012 23:37 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2012 23:35 Wildmoon wrote:
I didn't know before that MVP beated Symbol almost everytime they played.


They have only played four games. Mvp won a bo1 in the gstl last season vs him and 2-1 in the online stages of Iron Squid, not a lot of history really.

oh... i mistranslated because I didn't know this context. Symbol meant both GSTL and a recent online tournament.
Translator
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
June 04 2012 14:48 GMT
#14
On June 04 2012 23:34 Pwnographics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2012 23:31 Gladiator333 wrote:
6:4 in favor of taking down MVP? o.O


Delusional...


how dare he...
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
June 04 2012 14:53 GMT
#15
I was definitely cheering for TSL, but it was cool to see Moon do well. Really excited for the next match.
MetalPanda
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada1152 Posts
June 04 2012 15:01 GMT
#16
MVP is good, but just because he just won a GSL (in a season with almost no zergs) doesn't mean he's actually that favoured in a GSTL bo1 against Symbol. The case with MVP is that GSL is HIS format.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
June 04 2012 15:05 GMT
#17
TSL is so scary now.
They perhaps lack protosses, but Inori is good enough to make team not send vZ specialist with terrible vP. ( something SlayerS would do for example )

I think they're as surprised as I am to win without sending Polt. :<
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
JKM
Profile Joined November 2011
Denmark419 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 15:07:08
June 04 2012 15:05 GMT
#18
On June 05 2012 00:01 MetalPanda wrote:
MVP is good, but just because he just won a GSL (in a season with almost no zergs) doesn't mean he's actually that favoured in a GSTL bo1 against Symbol. The case with MVP is that GSL is HIS format.


MVP performed fairly well in the GSL back when the groupstage was bo1 games, so it's not a format he's a complete chobo in :-).

Regarding Symbol I'm just happy he's showing good games and even better Moon finally starting to win games again. Hopefully I'll see a lot to both of them in the near future!
1338, one upping 1337
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
June 04 2012 15:25 GMT
#19
well done today symbol
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
June 04 2012 15:59 GMT
#20
Symbol is an awesome guy!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1826
910 75
sorry 30
Bale 29
ZergMaN 17
Aegong 17
Noble 10
yabsab 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
Fuzer 45
League of Legends
JimRising 592
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox600
C9.Mang0176
Mew2King35
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1444
Other Games
summit1g7646
PiGStarcraft291
Sick154
ArmadaUGS152
Maynarde132
Livibee72
ViBE45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick562
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream205
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2268
League of Legends
• Lourlo1302
• Rush1281
• Stunt458
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 46m
OSC
6h 46m
Stellar Fest
6h 46m
OSC
17h 46m
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.