• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:18
CEST 14:18
KST 21:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8973 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL S2 CodeA R3 Day 2 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-16 14:12:20
May 16 2012 11:03 GMT
#1
MVPKeen

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

Your thoughts on returning to Code S after a close series against MMA?

I’m happy because I feel like I just climbed a large mountain. I worried a lot because my opponent is a Terran champion so it’s a relief to have won.

Did the fact that he’s a former champion make you uncomfortable?

Until last season, I gave a lot of respect to my opponents for their renown but this season, I gave up that attitude. I think that’s why I was able to take down Nestea and MMA.

Your luck in the bracket was lousy

Luck’s always been on my side but this season was terrible for some reason. I steeled myself and became determined to try my best after seeing the bracket so I’m glad that paid off.

How was today’s match?

MMA dealt with the strategy I had prepared for Set 1 so well. However, the way I cleared my mind before entering Set 2 helped me win. That’s why I was able to get back into Code S.

You’ve stayed in Code A for quite a while, how was it?

It’s definitely a lower league and doesn’t receive a lot of attention which made me sad. I was really disappointed about not getting back into Code S last season so I’m glad to have changed that this season. I can feel my condition improving a lot.

How is practice coming along

I took some time off for myself by reducing the number of games. I focused on reshaping my mindset. I think managing the amount of practice time was very helpful.

Your goal for next season?

At this rate, I should be able to make the finals. Seeing Squirtle go from the qualifiers to the finals, I realised that if you have the skill and play with the right mindset, you can make it to the finals. So far, my mindset was holding me back but now that I’ve taken care of that aspect, I think I can aim for the championship.

Anything to add?

I want to say thank you to our sponsor Razer and partner MYM. I want to thank the players who helped with practice: FXOGumiho, NHSHHoon, STHack and my teammates. When I left the training house today, my teammates told me to stop dreaming saying MMA is the best TvTer out there. Well, the joke’s on them since I’m no longer treating them (laugh)


http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1195719

CreatorPrime

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

How does it feel to get into Code S for the first time in your life?

I am very happy to have made it into Code S after a long time of trying.

You took down a teammate, Maru.

I am so sorry. We stay in the same house so I had to hide my practice which made it even harder.

You took a 2:0 victory, was this expected?

Not at all. I think luck was on my side today. We were both nervous but Maru more so than myself. I had a lot of luck even in the game itself which is why I won.

Until now, you failed to get into Code S on several occasions, what do you think is the reason for that?

I was lacking skill and luck wasn’t on my side. I was just deficient in all aspects. I practised a lot more this season and worked hard so it must finally be paying off.

Practising against a teammate must have been difficult

I wasn’t able to practice for the match specifically and practised mostly on ladder. To make up for having less practice, I worked a lot on strategy. Every time I met a Terran on the ladder, I was on edge. I don’t ever want another teamkill.

Your goal for next season?

Firstly, ro16. I don’t want to get eliminated in ro32.

Anything to add?

MVPBang, MVPDream, FXOGumiho and “Park, Soong” helped with practice but I want to thank MVPBang in particular. I also hope that Maru gets into Code S through UnD. Lastly, I want to say thanks to our sponsor TteSPORTS and my family whom I love dearly.


http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1195745

coLGanzi

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

Your thoughts on returning to Code S?

I am so happy but I am scheduled to attend a Red Bull tournament. If I had dropped to UnD, I wouldn’t have been able to attend so I am happy to have made it straight into Code S. However, I am still lacking in skill so I’ll have to try hard to show good games.

Your opponent was MC

It wasn’t easy since I had no idea what he was going to do. However, I’ve beat him several times overseas so I was confident. I didn’t get to practise a lot but watching MC’s VODs helped a lot.

You say you’ve analysed MC’s style so how did you prepare?

It’s my own technique so I don’t want to reveal it. There are stylistic players out there and MC is one of them. I made full use of that fact and it worked well.

How was your stay in Code A?

It felt like I wasn’t even in GSL. Fans paid less attention to me which was saddening. I posted consistent results overseas but despite that, not being in Code S meant that the fans just weren’t interested. Since I’m back in Code S, I ask that you pay a lot of attention to me again.

Are you accustomed to practising at home now?

I haven’t been able to practise much at all because of my health. Instead, I think about strategies by myself all day. I am looking for a gaming house to stay in these days. One downside to being on a foreign team is that you have to practise alone.

Recently, Starcraft 1 teams have announced their switch to Starcraft 2, what’s your opinion on this?

As Starcraft 2 isn’t as prominent in Korea, I think we should help each other out. There are many things to overcome and it might get awkward but I hope that we can work things out by communicating. I wasn’t a notable player but I worked for a long time as a Starcraft 1 progamer and based on my experience, I don’t think Starcraft 1 progamers will do that well. Maybe in a year or so, they will be able to compete with the current Code S players. Lastly, I’m just glad I am able to play with my old friends again.

OGN is going to be holding an open Starcraft 2 tournament, are you planning on participating?

I debated moving overseas for my career but hearing this news made me want to stay. If I get to play at ‘Yong San’ again, it’ll be great.

Anything to add?

NSPBLanca helped a lot with practice. SlayerSCrank and SlayerSBrown were a lot of help. I promise to show games worthy of being in Code S so I ask my fans for continuing support.


Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1195779

IMHappy

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

Your thoughts on returning to Code S after two seasons?

This experience taught me the importance of Code S. I feel more at ease now. I don’t dwell on results so much anymore. Now that I’ve removed the pressure of wins and losses, the games are turning out a lot better.

You faced forgg

I wanted to use the proxy marauder build in Set 1 but got scouted. I was already thinking ahead about Sets 2 and 3 but somehow won Set 1. It must’ve been the momentum from Set 1 because Set 2 played out very well as well.

What do you think is the reason for your failure to return to Code S all this time?

I think it’s because I stubbornly stuck to one style. It’s become so predictable that I get countered all the time. That must be why.

How did you prepare for Round 3?

I didn’t practise that much. I just thought about which strategy to use. The number of practice games was low.

It’s known that you helped MVP for his finals this weekend, didn’t that affect your own practice?

Lately, I’ve been trying to keep my practice short but efficient so it was no problem helping MVP.

If you had to predict MVP’s probability of taking the finals?

At the moment, it’s around 60%. He’ll have to spend the time he has left to increase this number. Protoss is so strong that I can’t guarantee his victory.

Are you confident about taking next season?

Not quite until Season 4. I still have more preparation to go through for Season 3 to aim for the championship.

Anything to add?

I want to thank dreamertt and Yoda who helped me like it was their own practice. Also, I hope Seed and Nestea do well in UnD and return to Code S. and of course, I hope MVP takes the finals this Saturday.
Lately, the coach has been really busy taking care of both SC2 and LoL so I hope he’s holding up and I want to thank my family and sponsors: LG Electronics, Googims, SteelSeries, Coca Cola and Nvidia.


Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1195821
Translator
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
May 16 2012 11:04 GMT
#2
Thanks so much! Great as always.
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
May 16 2012 11:06 GMT
#3
Optimistic teammates he has, go Keen!
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
May 16 2012 11:07 GMT
#4
Keen so deserving of Code S!
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Kevinshi3
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States148 Posts
May 16 2012 11:14 GMT
#5
Lol they were so "keen" on counting him out
yo mamaship so fat it couldn't fit in the expansion
NoGasfOu
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-16 11:31:03
May 16 2012 11:19 GMT
#6
Keen has always been the boss. Seeing his game play speed during stream is such a joy.

wow, Gumiho is helping everyone practice. No wonder he's so good.
Tassadar/TheBest/Jjakji/Rain(terran)/Heart
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
May 16 2012 11:43 GMT
#7
I forgot Keen took out Nestea as well. What a legend killer!
Apolo
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal1259 Posts
May 16 2012 11:49 GMT
#8
It's kind of sad how every player mentions luck as a deciding factor of them advancing of not. Coin flip still a thing of the present unfortunately.
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
May 16 2012 11:52 GMT
#9
On May 16 2012 20:49 Apolo wrote:
It's kind of sad how every player mentions luck as a deciding factor of them advancing of not. Coin flip still a thing of the present unfortunately.

they're being polite... especially creator. who would go around saying "oh yeah, it's all me and i stomped that noob, Maru" after a teamkill.
Translator
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
May 16 2012 12:00 GMT
#10
Nice interviews so far :D keep em comming.
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
Philipd122
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia776 Posts
May 16 2012 12:22 GMT
#11
Hmm I wonder why GuMiho was helping Keen and Creator in practise when he is facing a Zerg? :O
Oz | Leenock | GuMiho | Lucky | MC | PartinG | DRG | Mvp
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
May 16 2012 12:26 GMT
#12
When I left the training house today, my teammates told me to stop dreaming saying MMA is the best TvTer out there. Well, the joke’s on them since I’m no longer treating them


heh, MVP team :3
ffxiv enjoyer
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
May 16 2012 12:36 GMT
#13
yay thanks storywriter!
4/4 liquibets today
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
TemujinGK
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States483 Posts
May 16 2012 13:31 GMT
#14
damn ganZi calling it how he sees it about the BW switch.
"Pikachu and Protoss are both yellow, Coincidence?" ~apexMorroW
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
May 16 2012 13:39 GMT
#15
On May 16 2012 22:31 TemujinGK wrote:
damn ganZi calling it how he sees it about the BW switch.


ganzi is a fool of a took
The Notorious Winkles
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
May 16 2012 13:41 GMT
#16
my daily thanks to storywriter :D really enjoy your translations!
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
dragonborn
Profile Joined January 2012
4781 Posts
May 16 2012 13:42 GMT
#17
well deserved commander keen <3
ToD
Profile Joined December 2008
France222 Posts
May 16 2012 13:48 GMT
#18
pretty happy for ganzi/creator ~ !
Commentator
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
May 16 2012 13:54 GMT
#19
sorry, just got back. happy's will be up in a few minutes
Translator
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
May 16 2012 13:55 GMT
#20
On May 16 2012 22:54 storywriter wrote:
sorry, just got back. happy's will be up in a few minutes


slacker.
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37069
Shuttle 2566
Bisu 1011
Horang2 948
Jaedong 936
Light 412
BeSt 365
firebathero 333
Mini 287
actioN 280
[ Show more ]
Stork 273
Hyuk 264
Soma 229
EffOrt 207
Zeus 191
ggaemo 175
Soulkey 160
Last 142
Leta 121
ZerO 119
Snow 110
Rush 78
Pusan 76
Killer 66
Sea.KH 49
Mong 43
hero 40
Mind 38
Sharp 35
Aegong 31
Shinee 30
Shine 29
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 21
soO 20
PianO 18
Trap 18
Terrorterran 17
zelot 13
Free 13
sorry 12
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc3656
qojqva1453
Dendi918
League of Legends
Reynor91
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1379
x6flipin274
markeloff103
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1929
crisheroes872
Other Games
gofns29283
singsing2108
B2W.Neo722
XBOCT355
DeMusliM208
Livibee174
XaKoH 160
Liquid`LucifroN126
Mlord101
ArmadaUGS97
Mew2King91
QueenE88
Chillindude10
Railgan9
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream232
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2237
• TFBlade550
Other Games
• WagamamaTV179
Upcoming Events
OSC
42m
Stellar Fest
42m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 42m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.