• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7730 users

Interview with Flash about SC2 - Page 32

Forum Index > SC2 General
1275 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 64 Next
Talack
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada2742 Posts
May 11 2012 22:42 GMT
#621
On May 12 2012 07:28 rEalGuapo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:25 Yama93 wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:20 rEalGuapo wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:18 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Where in my comments did I write he knows more than Code S players? Where is it? Or maybe ur just adding ur own comments as to make my comment look extreme? I don't appreciate that...
here, let me help you...I wrote he has more right to complain than casual laddering non pro gamers about all aspects of sc2.

Yes because C&C and AoE are such huge Esports..? I'd bet everything I have that he would learn everything there is to know about other RTS games (including sc2) in a much shorter time frame, than you think. Why? because he has something fundamental that all RTS games need...Mechanics and strategy. Not game specific strategy, but overarching concepts of strategy.
Am i basing this on fact or fiction? Well the man made it to Masters on KR server in 4-5 days. KR Masters is considered to be GM in EU and NA. That shows that he has an incredible skill and understanding that has the potential to win Code S ONE day.




yeah he won using only Marines Medivacs and Tanks since he did not know what any of the other Units would do.

Thus proving his incredible strategical insight and understanding of the game..................................


1 He didn't speak specificly about this match
2 Marine tank medivac in TvT is the most standard thing ever in TvT. But you probably don't play terran
3 Your exessive amount of dots annoys me.

Greetings.


1 That is from another interview. When he FIRST played, (after his surgery) he immideatelly made it to masters only using Marine Tank Medivac
2 He played it in all 3 matchups.
3 Yeah I thought so.

Best wishes.


Best way to make your arguement strong with evidence is to actually link the evidence. Otherwise it's just dismissed all together.
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
May 11 2012 22:42 GMT
#622
On May 12 2012 07:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:07 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Artosis has admitted on SotG that some code S players have no understanding of the game at all. And also I don't see any quote mentioning he thought Flash knew more than any code S player.

He said Flash "understands RTS games like no one else". There's one, and only one, game that Flash can claim to have the highest knowledge of, and it certainly isn't SC2.

Well, when Code A/S level players like TaeJa, Happy, sC have reservations about TvP, and even Code S Protoss players claim that their race is slightly overpowered at this level (all these players, mind you, should "understand SC2 like no one else"). You have to at least admit that there's a problem with TvP.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 22:43:15
May 11 2012 22:42 GMT
#623
On May 12 2012 07:39 takingbackoj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:07 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Artosis has admitted on SotG that some code S players have no understanding of the game at all. And also I don't see any quote mentioning he thought Flash knew more than any code S player.

He said Flash "understands RTS games like no one else". There's one, and only one, game that Flash can claim to have the highest knowledge of, and it certainly isn't SC2.

RTS isn't a game, it's a genre. Your argument is like saying Alfred Hitchcok didn't have the best understanding of psychological thrillers during his time because he didn't direct them all.


No that is like saying Alfred Hitchcok did not have the best understand of FILMS during his time because he only focused on one specific branche.

Genre does not always equal genre.
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
May 11 2012 22:45 GMT
#624
On May 12 2012 07:42 Talack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:28 rEalGuapo wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:25 Yama93 wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:20 rEalGuapo wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:18 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Where in my comments did I write he knows more than Code S players? Where is it? Or maybe ur just adding ur own comments as to make my comment look extreme? I don't appreciate that...
here, let me help you...I wrote he has more right to complain than casual laddering non pro gamers about all aspects of sc2.

Yes because C&C and AoE are such huge Esports..? I'd bet everything I have that he would learn everything there is to know about other RTS games (including sc2) in a much shorter time frame, than you think. Why? because he has something fundamental that all RTS games need...Mechanics and strategy. Not game specific strategy, but overarching concepts of strategy.
Am i basing this on fact or fiction? Well the man made it to Masters on KR server in 4-5 days. KR Masters is considered to be GM in EU and NA. That shows that he has an incredible skill and understanding that has the potential to win Code S ONE day.




yeah he won using only Marines Medivacs and Tanks since he did not know what any of the other Units would do.

Thus proving his incredible strategical insight and understanding of the game..................................


1 He didn't speak specificly about this match
2 Marine tank medivac in TvT is the most standard thing ever in TvT. But you probably don't play terran
3 Your exessive amount of dots annoys me.

Greetings.


1 That is from another interview. When he FIRST played, (after his surgery) he immideatelly made it to masters only using Marine Tank Medivac
2 He played it in all 3 matchups.
3 Yeah I thought so.

Best wishes.


Best way to make your arguement strong with evidence is to actually link the evidence. Otherwise it's just dismissed all together.


Yes I was looking for the link but I did not save it and have no idea where I got that info from : (
Still you cannot seriously believe that someone develops incredible insight by only playing 40-50 SC2 games?
takingbackoj
Profile Joined December 2010
United States684 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 22:46:56
May 11 2012 22:45 GMT
#625
On May 12 2012 07:42 rEalGuapo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:39 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:07 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Artosis has admitted on SotG that some code S players have no understanding of the game at all. And also I don't see any quote mentioning he thought Flash knew more than any code S player.

He said Flash "understands RTS games like no one else". There's one, and only one, game that Flash can claim to have the highest knowledge of, and it certainly isn't SC2.

RTS isn't a game, it's a genre. Your argument is like saying Alfred Hitchcok didn't have the best understanding of psychological thrillers during his time because he didn't direct them all.


No that is like saying Alfred Hitchcok did not have the best understand of FILMS during his time because he only focused on one specific branche.

Genre does not always equal genre.


Completely inaccurate. My prior statement is correct and works. Umm good try though?
Get the hell outta here Der Beek, your'e ruining my moment.
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 22:52:16
May 11 2012 22:47 GMT
#626
On May 12 2012 07:45 takingbackoj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:42 rEalGuapo wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:39 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:07 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Artosis has admitted on SotG that some code S players have no understanding of the game at all. And also I don't see any quote mentioning he thought Flash knew more than any code S player.

He said Flash "understands RTS games like no one else". There's one, and only one, game that Flash can claim to have the highest knowledge of, and it certainly isn't SC2.

RTS isn't a game, it's a genre. Your argument is like saying Alfred Hitchcok didn't have the best understanding of psychological thrillers during his time because he didn't direct them all.


No that is like saying Alfred Hitchcok did not have the best understand of FILMS during his time because he only focused on one specific branche.

Genre does not always equal genre.


Completely inaccurate. My prior statement is correct. Umm good try thoug?


Yeah ok, so someone that understands BROODWAR really good MUST understand Command and Conquer equally good without ever having played it? Completely different mechanics, maps, units, features, techpaths etc etc.

THAT is your argument.
Carfully think about whether you want to stick to it.

Learning French will not let you speak Chinese.

However learning German will help you learn Dutch for example but you still need to put a lot of time in it until you can speak it fluently.

In this example French is WC3 and Dutch Command and Conquers.

German = BW and Dutch = SC II

If you are great at one thing you will never be as good at another thing without putting time in that as well.
IshinShishi
Profile Joined April 2012
Japan6156 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 22:54:29
May 11 2012 22:48 GMT
#627
On May 12 2012 07:29 JimmiC wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 12 2012 07:07 JimmiC wrote:
Dream Hack won by Terran
MLG spring arena won by Zerg
Ironsquid won by Terran
MLG winter 2012 won by Terran
IPL 4 won by Terran
IEM Season VI Protoss
GSL season 1 Terran
Assembly 2012 Terran
IEM Sao Paulo Zerg
IEM Kiev Terran
Homestory IV Protoss
AOL King Of Kongs Zerg


Don't ACTUAL results matter?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Show nested quote +

Not necessarily, the player pool is too limited, therefore extremely good players make a huge impact in the perceived balance, terrans won multiple championships in Korea, but do you believe that toss representatives like hongun, anypro or Inca were up to par with MVP, Polt, MMA ?MC was the only really good one for a long time and he has had his fair share of wins, that's how I see it, people really need to stop throwing meaningless data everywhere to support their arguments, which ipso facto end up being baseless.


This is just recent tourny's If I went back further you would have a point. But I think it's a safe assumption that at this point of the game there is fairly equal distribution of skilled players for each race, meaning results do matter. You seem to have missed the part about this being 2012 results when you reference 2010 in your argument.

In general, people tend to use the GSL results when they are trying to make this sort of argument, but regardless, the point still stands, player pool of top tier players is too limited, number of games in mentioned championships is also too limited, data is ergo of low value, it could be 2005 or 2030, if it comes down to 20 players fighting each other.

Another thing, whether there's a "fairly equal distribution of skilled players for each race" or not is irrelevant to results, the best players win the tournaments and contrary to what seems to be your belief, I don't think it's a safe assumption to say that MKP has about the same skill as MC, or DRG as MMA, unless you have a magical machine from DBZ that can measure their power level.
So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie
Kare
Profile Joined March 2009
Norway786 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 22:51:03
May 11 2012 22:50 GMT
#628
I was so glad when I read this interview, the only things I have complained about ever since end of beta with protoss is forcefields and warpgates. The same as FlaSh
In life you can obtain all sorts of material wealth, but the real treasure is the epic feelings you get while doing something you love.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
May 11 2012 22:51 GMT
#629
On May 12 2012 07:39 takingbackoj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:07 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Artosis has admitted on SotG that some code S players have no understanding of the game at all. And also I don't see any quote mentioning he thought Flash knew more than any code S player.

He said Flash "understands RTS games like no one else". There's one, and only one, game that Flash can claim to have the highest knowledge of, and it certainly isn't SC2.

RTS isn't a game, it's a genre. Your argument is like saying Alfred Hitchcok didn't have the best understanding of psychological thrillers during his time because he didn't direct them all.

So now you're trying to pretend that Flash understands the entire RTS genre?
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Femari
Profile Joined June 2011
United States2900 Posts
May 11 2012 22:51 GMT
#630
On May 12 2012 07:19 JimmiC wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 12 2012 07:07 JimmiC wrote:
Dream Hack won by Terran
MLG spring arena won by Zerg
Ironsquid won by Terran
MLG winter 2012 won by Terran
IPL 4 won by Terran
IEM Season VI Protoss
GSL season 1 Terran
Assembly 2012 Terran
IEM Sao Paulo Zerg
IEM Kiev Terran
Homestory IV Protoss
AOL King Of Kongs Zerg


Don't ACTUAL results matter?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Show nested quote +

If Flash wins every single event does that mean Terran is OP?

Nope means he's the best player.


By that Logic No race could ever be OP best players just win every time.

So stop whineing about balance

Wrong again. You're looking at balance based on a small amount of players.

Balance is the race AS A WHOLE. Not 5 players winning the premier tournaments.

Mvp | BoxeR | MarineKing | MC | viOlet | Scarlett | Flash | Bisu | XellOs | Sea | Fantasy | By.Sun
takingbackoj
Profile Joined December 2010
United States684 Posts
May 11 2012 22:53 GMT
#631
On May 12 2012 07:47 rEalGuapo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:45 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:42 rEalGuapo wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:39 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:07 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Artosis has admitted on SotG that some code S players have no understanding of the game at all. And also I don't see any quote mentioning he thought Flash knew more than any code S player.

He said Flash "understands RTS games like no one else". There's one, and only one, game that Flash can claim to have the highest knowledge of, and it certainly isn't SC2.

RTS isn't a game, it's a genre. Your argument is like saying Alfred Hitchcok didn't have the best understanding of psychological thrillers during his time because he didn't direct them all.


No that is like saying Alfred Hitchcok did not have the best understand of FILMS during his time because he only focused on one specific branche.

Genre does not always equal genre.


Completely inaccurate. My prior statement is correct. Umm good try thoug?


Yeah ok, so someone that understands BROODWAR really good MUST understand Command and Conquer equally good without ever having played it? Completely different mechanics, maps, units, features, techpaths etc etc.

THAT is your argument.
Carfully think about whether you want to stick to it.

Learning French will not let you speak Chinese.

However learning German will help you learn Dutch for example but you still need to put a lot of time in it until you can speak it fluently.

French and chinese? What does that have to do with genre similarities? Are you ok? Do you need help? I didn't say Flash has an amazing understanding of RTS, it doesn't matter what RTS he plays he understands the basics of RTS games. C&C is very different from SC2 and BW I know, but being that they are all RTS's they do have some very basic similarities. Not to mention that SC2 and BW have more similarities than most RTS's because they are made by the same company. Im not sure how languages are similar to media genres.
Get the hell outta here Der Beek, your'e ruining my moment.
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 22:54:54
May 11 2012 22:54 GMT
#632
On May 12 2012 07:51 Femari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:19 JimmiC wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 12 2012 07:07 JimmiC wrote:
Dream Hack won by Terran
MLG spring arena won by Zerg
Ironsquid won by Terran
MLG winter 2012 won by Terran
IPL 4 won by Terran
IEM Season VI Protoss
GSL season 1 Terran
Assembly 2012 Terran
IEM Sao Paulo Zerg
IEM Kiev Terran
Homestory IV Protoss
AOL King Of Kongs Zerg


Don't ACTUAL results matter?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



If Flash wins every single event does that mean Terran is OP?

Nope means he's the best player.


By that Logic No race could ever be OP best players just win every time.

So stop whineing about balance

Wrong again. You're looking at balance based on a small amount of players.

Balance is the race AS A WHOLE. Not 5 players winning the premier tournaments.



So you do not base your imbalance claims on results.

You do base them on chosing to belive all progamers that say the other races are stronger than the one you play?
Or you base them on personal experience, which always is a pretty inaccurate method.


Well I do not see any reason to discuss this any further with you.
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
May 11 2012 22:54 GMT
#633
On May 12 2012 07:42 rEalGuapo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:39 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:07 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Artosis has admitted on SotG that some code S players have no understanding of the game at all. And also I don't see any quote mentioning he thought Flash knew more than any code S player.

He said Flash "understands RTS games like no one else". There's one, and only one, game that Flash can claim to have the highest knowledge of, and it certainly isn't SC2.

RTS isn't a game, it's a genre. Your argument is like saying Alfred Hitchcok didn't have the best understanding of psychological thrillers during his time because he didn't direct them all.


No that is like saying Alfred Hitchcok did not have the best understand of FILMS during his time because he only focused on one specific branche.

Genre does not always equal genre.


That doesnt make sense...one more time plz

So if Flash isn't ur nominee for best RTS player, who the hell is?
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
BradenKuntz
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada59 Posts
May 11 2012 22:54 GMT
#634
I agree with Flash, I think having them play both SC2 and BW was kind of a dumb move. It's like telling a sports team that they'll play rugby for a bit, and then they'll play football for a bit. It just doesn't work like that. Sure, they'll be good at both, but not amazing at both. I think they should of just stuck to BW for this last season, or just switched completely to SC2; none of this fence sitting business. But hey, that's just my opinion.
takingbackoj
Profile Joined December 2010
United States684 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 22:57:15
May 11 2012 22:55 GMT
#635
On May 12 2012 07:51 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:39 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:07 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Artosis has admitted on SotG that some code S players have no understanding of the game at all. And also I don't see any quote mentioning he thought Flash knew more than any code S player.

He said Flash "understands RTS games like no one else". There's one, and only one, game that Flash can claim to have the highest knowledge of, and it certainly isn't SC2.

RTS isn't a game, it's a genre. Your argument is like saying Alfred Hitchcok didn't have the best understanding of psychological thrillers during his time because he didn't direct them all.

So now you're trying to pretend that Flash understands the entire RTS genre?

Flash probably has a better understanding of the common basics of RTS games compared to most, yes I am willing to say that. The evidence to support this is that he has been competing and winning in an RTS game at a high level for a decent amount of time. Now your evidence against this is...
Get the hell outta here Der Beek, your'e ruining my moment.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
May 11 2012 22:55 GMT
#636
On May 12 2012 07:54 SoniC_eu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:42 rEalGuapo wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:39 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:07 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Artosis has admitted on SotG that some code S players have no understanding of the game at all. And also I don't see any quote mentioning he thought Flash knew more than any code S player.

He said Flash "understands RTS games like no one else". There's one, and only one, game that Flash can claim to have the highest knowledge of, and it certainly isn't SC2.

RTS isn't a game, it's a genre. Your argument is like saying Alfred Hitchcok didn't have the best understanding of psychological thrillers during his time because he didn't direct them all.


No that is like saying Alfred Hitchcok did not have the best understand of FILMS during his time because he only focused on one specific branche.

Genre does not always equal genre.


That doesnt make sense...one more time plz

So if Flash isn't ur nominee for best RTS player, who the hell is?

Grubby or Moon could stomp him to death in WC3.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
May 11 2012 22:56 GMT
#637
On May 12 2012 07:45 rEalGuapo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:42 Talack wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:28 rEalGuapo wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:25 Yama93 wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:20 rEalGuapo wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:18 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Where in my comments did I write he knows more than Code S players? Where is it? Or maybe ur just adding ur own comments as to make my comment look extreme? I don't appreciate that...
here, let me help you...I wrote he has more right to complain than casual laddering non pro gamers about all aspects of sc2.

Yes because C&C and AoE are such huge Esports..? I'd bet everything I have that he would learn everything there is to know about other RTS games (including sc2) in a much shorter time frame, than you think. Why? because he has something fundamental that all RTS games need...Mechanics and strategy. Not game specific strategy, but overarching concepts of strategy.
Am i basing this on fact or fiction? Well the man made it to Masters on KR server in 4-5 days. KR Masters is considered to be GM in EU and NA. That shows that he has an incredible skill and understanding that has the potential to win Code S ONE day.




yeah he won using only Marines Medivacs and Tanks since he did not know what any of the other Units would do.

Thus proving his incredible strategical insight and understanding of the game..................................


1 He didn't speak specificly about this match
2 Marine tank medivac in TvT is the most standard thing ever in TvT. But you probably don't play terran
3 Your exessive amount of dots annoys me.

Greetings.


1 That is from another interview. When he FIRST played, (after his surgery) he immideatelly made it to masters only using Marine Tank Medivac
2 He played it in all 3 matchups.
3 Yeah I thought so.

Best wishes.


Best way to make your arguement strong with evidence is to actually link the evidence. Otherwise it's just dismissed all together.


Yes I was looking for the link but I did not save it and have no idea where I got that info from : (
Still you cannot seriously believe that someone develops incredible insight by only playing 40-50 SC2 games?


What was said back then was that he got to masters without knowing what the new units did. It didnt say he never made them just that he didnt know what they did (though I can completely believe he never made a raven)
Chengakz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States163 Posts
May 11 2012 22:56 GMT
#638
I wondr why some pros complain about balance when statistics show otherwise. Other pros, though, like Stephano has no problems with balance ( for the most part) and Koreans choosing Terran. Interesting.
For Aiur!
jj33
Profile Joined April 2011
802 Posts
May 11 2012 22:58 GMT
#639
On May 12 2012 07:55 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 07:54 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:42 rEalGuapo wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:39 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:07 takingbackoj wrote:
On May 12 2012 07:03 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:59 SoniC_eu wrote:
On May 12 2012 06:55 Youtakenocandle wrote:
I never followed sc1 and don't know much about Flash, but balance whining as a supposed sc1 legend is pretty lame.

Flash was sharing his current opnion (which could change in the future mind you). He understands RTS games like no one else, so I find your comment rather interesting.


Wrong. He understands SC:BW like no one else. I'd bet you everything I had that he knows jack-all about C&C, Age of Empires, or even WC3.

To say he understands BW, so he automatically knows more than Code S players is complete bull.

Artosis has admitted on SotG that some code S players have no understanding of the game at all. And also I don't see any quote mentioning he thought Flash knew more than any code S player.

He said Flash "understands RTS games like no one else". There's one, and only one, game that Flash can claim to have the highest knowledge of, and it certainly isn't SC2.

RTS isn't a game, it's a genre. Your argument is like saying Alfred Hitchcok didn't have the best understanding of psychological thrillers during his time because he didn't direct them all.


No that is like saying Alfred Hitchcok did not have the best understand of FILMS during his time because he only focused on one specific branche.

Genre does not always equal genre.


That doesnt make sense...one more time plz

So if Flash isn't ur nominee for best RTS player, who the hell is?

Grubby or Moon could stomp him to death in WC3.


wc3 is a joke. its playschool rts.
kamikami
Profile Joined November 2010
France1057 Posts
May 11 2012 22:58 GMT
#640
If Protoss is OP then choose Protoss Flash. How can you complain about balance while you spent your entire BW career playing the strongest race in that game ?
Khassar de Templari
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 64 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 264
SteadfastSC 113
Nina 109
StarCraft: Brood War
910 64
Bale 15
Super Smash Bros
PPMD46
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1083
Other Games
summit1g6956
Grubby2254
shahzam592
Liquid`Ken4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 62
• Hupsaiya 38
• Hinosc 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21308
Other Games
• imaqtpie839
• Shiphtur279
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 24m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.