• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:54
CEST 00:54
KST 07:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10328 users

Top Korean BW pros coming to MLG Anaheim? - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 36 Next All
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
April 27 2012 14:19 GMT
#461
Really interested to see if these bw pros have reached the level of current sc2 pros. If they haven't, it may be premature to have them make their debut in an overseas tourney when their play is not yet as refined as they themselves probably want it to be.

Still this will be epic news and will be nothing but positive in the grand scheme of things. Can't wait!
HyperionDreamer
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1528 Posts
April 27 2012 14:23 GMT
#462
what in the FUCCCCKKKKKK why did I cancel my flight to anaheim last week....

If I had known this I would have dropped everything to come see my beloved BW. D= D=
BW4life! Jaedong ~ Savior ~ Shine ; "drowning sorrows in late night infomercials" - bnYsooch
raf3776
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1904 Posts
April 27 2012 14:26 GMT
#463
I think theyre going to be playing the HOTS showmatch. makes most sense (even if it makes little sense) of why theyd be there
WWJD (What Would Jaedong Do)
TaeTae
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom97 Posts
April 27 2012 14:26 GMT
#464
On April 27 2012 23:12 Ohjay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 22:33 Ireniicus wrote:
When I read this forum I think of Gandalf reading the book of Mazarbal and he gets to the point where he says "They are coming" and rather than Orcs and a cave troll we have Bisu and Jaedong charging to the Sc2 party ruining every Foreigners dreams...then along comes Flash the Balrog and all hope seems lost..of course Gandlaf is Stephano who sacrfices himself...and dives into into the abyss that is Korea...finally coming back as not Stephano the pink zerg but Stephano the white. Mighty, wise and invincible ready to take out all comers....

ok I have way too big an imagination...ty for reading

ps is Sauron Maru in 3 years? kk enough already


can someone please make an artwork of this?!


I shall love whoever does it for eternity
Emix_Squall
Profile Joined February 2012
France705 Posts
April 27 2012 14:29 GMT
#465
On April 27 2012 21:55 N.geNuity wrote:
that's not being a fan of the bw players but just being a fan at the idea of any bw pro playing sc2.


I quite agreed with most you said but that.

I think no one is or is not a fan of "the idea of BW pros playing SC2". People are just enthusiastic about seeing the best level of skills displayed in a competition. BW has a 10 year history in e-sport and some player made them-self a name there, some even became legends. Considering what a good and rich RTS BW is, it's only logic that SC2 fans are enthusiastic about seeing BW pros coming on SC2. I know I am.
And I don't know much about BW. I played it in the very early days but I was 10/12 year's old, I wouldn't over-think most I was doing at that time. Than I started to get interested in e-Sports with other games, and BW was obviously mentioned all the time, we all knew what a great RTS it was, ans most people still do. So yes, seeing players from this great game playing another great RTS is something I'm very much looking forward too like most SC2 fans I guess.

Fan-boys and haters can say what they want, both these games are great in many ways. People are just to stubborn and biased to see what's good about the one they don't know.
PiQLiQ
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden702 Posts
April 27 2012 14:35 GMT
#466
I've talked to a few korean pro's on skype and their telling me that some really big names and progamers from bw will start playing sc2 eventually and competitively. And that they will help them and practice etc. This will grow fast between the bw pros and sc2. I've been talking to some old pros too and they will go to sc2,.
http://twitter.com/lagcats
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-27 14:37:30
April 27 2012 14:35 GMT
#467
I hope there will be a BW tournament in MLG Anaheim :D .
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
April 27 2012 14:41 GMT
#468
On April 27 2012 23:05 hillman wrote:
welcome to real 3D graphics Flash, Bisu, Jaedong! As someone who never played BW I can say its FUGLY to look at - sacrilege I know, but the God-honest truth!

There is no such thing as ''truth'' when it comes to whether or not something is aestetically appealling, it's a matter of subjective opinions.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
April 27 2012 14:46 GMT
#469
On April 27 2012 23:26 raf3776 wrote:
I think theyre going to be playing the HOTS showmatch. makes most sense (even if it makes little sense) of why theyd be there


that'll be boring to me

a HotS show match will reveal little about their current skill in SC2

if BW players were coming to MLG Anaheim, I'd hope their show matches would actually be of BW. Give a western audience a chance to watch a game that was a true e-sport that lasted years before it officially dies (which looks to be within a year in Korea).
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
HyperionDreamer
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1528 Posts
April 27 2012 14:50 GMT
#470
On April 27 2012 23:46 udgnim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 23:26 raf3776 wrote:
I think theyre going to be playing the HOTS showmatch. makes most sense (even if it makes little sense) of why theyd be there


that'll be boring to me

a HotS show match will reveal little about their current skill in SC2

if BW players were coming to MLG Anaheim, I'd hope their show matches would actually be of BW. Give a western audience a chance to watch a game that was a true e-sport that lasted years before it officially dies (which looks to be within a year in Korea).

Amen brother.
BW4life! Jaedong ~ Savior ~ Shine ; "drowning sorrows in late night infomercials" - bnYsooch
Pure-SC2
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom1440 Posts
April 27 2012 14:52 GMT
#471
Could it be that they would combine the first round of the new Proleague season (BW/SC2 hyprid) with MLG and run it offshore?

"Every time I visit community sites, I'm just embarrassed. There's so much witch hunting and name calling and arguing and gossip. Misogynist comments against women. It's just embarrassing." – Tasteless
FlyingDike
Profile Joined December 2011
United States221 Posts
April 27 2012 14:56 GMT
#472
I'd love a mini HOTS tourny with the bw pros.
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
April 27 2012 14:57 GMT
#473
On April 27 2012 23:52 Pure-SC2 wrote:
Could it be that they would combine the first round of the new Proleague season (BW/SC2 hyprid) with MLG and run it offshore?



that would be amazing to me
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
April 27 2012 14:58 GMT
#474
On April 27 2012 23:50 HyperionDreamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 23:46 udgnim wrote:
On April 27 2012 23:26 raf3776 wrote:
I think theyre going to be playing the HOTS showmatch. makes most sense (even if it makes little sense) of why theyd be there


that'll be boring to me

a HotS show match will reveal little about their current skill in SC2

if BW players were coming to MLG Anaheim, I'd hope their show matches would actually be of BW. Give a western audience a chance to watch a game that was a true e-sport that lasted years before it officially dies (which looks to be within a year in Korea).

Amen brother.


I think there needs to be a whole BW tournament there, mostly for fun with some foreigners from BW playing too. In 2 years of playing and watching SC2 the best thing I ever saw on stream was Boxer play Huk in BW at IPL3 when the SC2 tournament got delayed.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
April 27 2012 14:59 GMT
#475
On April 27 2012 23:35 PiQLiQ wrote:
I've talked to a few korean pro's on skype and their telling me that some really big names and progamers from bw will start playing sc2 eventually and competitively. And that they will help them and practice etc. This will grow fast between the bw pros and sc2. I've been talking to some old pros too and they will go to sc2,.



You do realize that we've known everything you said for months, right?
Shanedon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States147 Posts
April 27 2012 15:02 GMT
#476
Absolutely bonkers, I cant wait for this event :3
Gyar...
UTL_Unlimited
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Korea (South)353 Posts
April 27 2012 15:12 GMT
#477
I personally feel that if BW players were to play at Anaheim, they'll do fine just simply because of who they are.
'Name' has a lot to do with the game, and if you were a foreign player or a Korean player and you step into the booth opposite of Flash, Jaedong, Stork, Bisu, Soulkey, Zero, etc... It's not going to be just a game of Starcraft anymore. Most of the players that play SC2 professionally know who these players are and know just how good they can be at an RTS game. So I feel it's going to be straight up mind games starting from day 1 and a true test of someone's nerves. (So MKP might be dead in the water here already).

In terms of gameplay, I highly doubt that they will actually be TOP TOP tier level other than maybe STX's team where their coach said they've been practicing even during Proleague but I highly doubt someone other than Bogus and maybe Last will attend.

But then again, when Flash, Bisu, and Jaedong practice it's said to be 12+ hours so... (Stork plays too much cell phone games). (+ Flash was apparently Masters in KR server when his wrist was injured and it was RIGHT before going into surgery....)
Need to write more things...
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
April 27 2012 15:17 GMT
#478
Didn't Flash make Korean masters without even knowing what the new units did? This is gonna be like watching a pro NFL player play Rugby with a bunch of 13 year olds. Yeah, he might not have the same experience with that specific game, but he's such a monster at a game that's fairly similar that its still gonna be a stomp.
He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
kratos-23
Profile Joined March 2011
303 Posts
April 27 2012 15:21 GMT
#479
you must be delusional when you think flash and co will own everyone right off the bat. they gonna get stomped by marineking, drg and so on. give them some months and they gonna own for sure though.
Vadrigar
Profile Joined January 2011
Bulgaria2379 Posts
April 27 2012 15:32 GMT
#480
On April 28 2012 00:17 awesomoecalypse wrote:
Didn't Flash make Korean masters without even knowing what the new units did? This is gonna be like watching a pro NFL player play Rugby with a bunch of 13 year olds. Yeah, he might not have the same experience with that specific game, but he's such a monster at a game that's fairly similar that its still gonna be a stomp.


lol people keep saying this... what is he- retarded? He'll learn what the units do in his first game of SC2... well may be not the first because he'll get cheesed but let's say first 5 games.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 179
Nina 125
SteadfastSC 65
CosmosSc2 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 519
910 58
Bale 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm58
League of Legends
Doublelift2249
Super Smash Bros
PPMD55
Other Games
summit1g9049
Grubby3010
shahzam701
C9.Mang0272
PiGStarcraft222
Maynarde84
Liquid`Ken10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
Other Games
gamesdonequick0
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• musti20045 43
• davetesta9
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21519
Other Games
• imaqtpie681
• Shiphtur277
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6m
CranKy Ducklings1
Afreeca Starleague
11h 6m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 6m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.