• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:00
CEST 13:00
KST 20:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8133 users

Breadth of Gameplay in SC2 - Page 74

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 113 Next
NEW IN-GAME CHANNEL: FRB
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
March 25 2012 03:10 GMT
#1461
This is brilliant. Barrin, you are either a genius, or someone whose lost all of their wits. Either way, I'm going to support this movement, because I wanna make some crazy maps. I agree that creativity has been slumping, and I really badly want to turn that around, so I am going to try.
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
March 25 2012 03:11 GMT
#1462
Here's my new map, published on NA as 6m1hyg Facer

[image loading]
all's fair in love and melodies
bertu
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Brazil871 Posts
March 25 2012 03:15 GMT
#1463
Could anyone with experience on 6m1hyg post some basic build orders for each matchup? Of course, it is impossible to figure everything out yet, or even to have optimal BOs, but I feel that if people had some starting point, they would be more encouraged to test out this format.

I`ve been trying to mimick Protoss BW openings, with some success. For reference:

PvZ: FFE with +1 4-gate pressure; PvP: 2-gate expand with stalkers; PvT 12 nexus.
SEKO SEKO SEKO
MNdakota
Profile Joined March 2012
United States512 Posts
March 25 2012 03:30 GMT
#1464
I do know that a 1 rax expand does work against a Zerg, not sure about any other builds. I could try to list some builds but I think that a platinum build wouldn't really work with someone who is much more skilled than I am.

As you said, I think it would be a nice contribution if someone posts some builds that they think would be viable at all skill levels. Obviously these builds would change over time.

I also thank IronManSC for supporting this thread. You probably have the loudest voice out of all of us. A thing about your map by the way... I don't think there's enough bases actually, LOL! As silly as that sounds.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.
MinimalistSC2
Profile Joined April 2011
United States121 Posts
March 25 2012 03:59 GMT
#1465
200% agree.
There is no such thing as perfection, only improvement.
VictorJones
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States235 Posts
March 25 2012 04:12 GMT
#1466
DontGiveUp March 25 2012 12:15 wrote:
Could anyone with experience on 6m1hyg post some basic build orders for each matchup? Of course, it is impossible to figure everything out yet, or even to have optimal BOs, but I feel that if people had some starting point, they would be more encouraged to test out this format.

I`ve been trying to mimick Protoss BW openings, with some success. For reference:

PvZ: FFE with +1 4-gate pressure; PvP: 2-gate expand with stalkers; PvT 12 nexus.


Accessibility is huge I don't have any set build orders that I'm confident enough in to put them down tho. I can't wait for a legitimate guide to make its way to the TL sidebar for a LRB MU. Imagine the stir it would cause :3
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
March 25 2012 04:24 GMT
#1467
On March 25 2012 08:38 GPThunder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 08:32 Muppetz wrote:
I really hope this never gets to see the light.

I never played Starcraft 1, and i think Sc2 is a great game as it is.

Explicitly saying in the OP u dont want this to be like SC1 and then reading the comments ala "trying this feels so much more like bw", "this is so much more bw-esque" just ... is somehow counterintuitiv. Why would u even want it to feel like Sc1? There is no need -_-

I am going to state that last weekend the Lone Starcraft Clash was so awesome with the current state. Have u guys watched Stephano vs. Polt? Great games. I was sitting on the edge of my seat watching this series. How can u even claim that these were boring? I dont get it.
MLG this weekend just about the same and we havent even reached the final day. Sc2 is a fast paced game and that is good. Longer games? No thank u. ~20 min are just fine

P.S. To the guys saying that 1basing terrans doing 1-1-1 are that great, espeacially Heart vs. Huk on Metalopolis: U do realise that Huk made made so many mistakes and quite frankly played kinda bad, right?


Sc2 is a great game, what 6m is trying to do is make it better. Stephano vs Polt is awesome to watch, why? Because when Stephano and Polt play, they are doing multipronged, multi engagment battles all over the match. Their matches are not over in one big deathball engagement, but from winning many small victories. This is what 6m is trying to promote.


But doesn't that speaks of how evenly matched both players are? Look at Polt vs idra. The games were crappy as hell but that was because Polt manhandled idra, not because of some design issue.

I support experimenting with maps to make the game better but I don't like how people think it will magically make ALL games much better. Even BW had its fair share of terrible games.I agree with that guy in that there seems to be some kinda of counterintuitivness within the OP.

Mind you I love both games, and have watched my fair share of both. But he makes a point
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
March 25 2012 06:31 GMT
#1468
On March 25 2012 08:32 Muppetz wrote:
I really hope this never gets to see the light.

I never played Starcraft 1, and i think Sc2 is a great game as it is.

Explicitly saying in the OP u dont want this to be like SC1 and then reading the comments ala "trying this feels so much more like bw", "this is so much more bw-esque" just ... is somehow counterintuitiv. Why would u even want it to feel like Sc1? There is no need -_-

I am going to state that last weekend the Lone Starcraft Clash was so awesome with the current state. Have u guys watched Stephano vs. Polt? Great games. I was sitting on the edge of my seat watching this series. How can u even claim that these were boring? I dont get it.
MLG this weekend just about the same and we havent even reached the final day. Sc2 is a fast paced game and that is good. Longer games? No thank u. ~20 min are just fine

P.S. To the guys saying that 1basing terrans doing 1-1-1 are that great, espeacially Heart vs. Huk on Metalopolis: U do realise that Huk made made so many mistakes and quite frankly played kinda bad, right?


Yes but imagine how much better games could be. For example how many games do you see a protoss expand past 3 bases? I rarely do, it's always 3 base and sometimes I see 4 but most of the time I see protoss play they stick to 3 bases and go for the deathball.

Terran I see get a 4'th a lot more then I have ever seen protoss do it, but I also see most terrans stay on 3 base for a really really long time.

Just my opinion anyway I want to see more expanding past 3 bases in longerish macro games and not just getting 3 bases then turtling for a super death push. I do think this 6m 1hyg could immensely improve the game if we ever got proper testing with pro's and what not.
When I think of something else, something will go here
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 09:02:36
March 25 2012 08:28 GMT
#1469
6M Cross Point version 0.3 is released!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Basically I reduced fog density and made some areas slightly more chokey. It was too open previously. This gives protoss a better chance to guard their bases in the late game when getting on 4+ bases.

I really should make a map thread haha
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
[]Phase[]
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium927 Posts
March 25 2012 10:49 GMT
#1470
I think a lot of people are partially very excited and are willing to believe this will make sc2 a better game because it gives so many new things to experiment with, and it gives sc2 a completely new start.

Wether it will actually improve pro sc2 games' entertainment value is something we can not yet predict, but I believe it is still worth the shot. If it keeps people entertained, why not. The hardest part will be getting blizzard to support this. In my eyes they always seemed to listen to the community... but it takes them ages to actually make a change. And when they do make changes, they seem to be mostly minor ones (which is understandable). They won't just all of the sudden want to throw their baby (original sc2) overboard, and go with something that the community came up with. They have as purpose (and as duty to the shareholders) of making lots and lots of money. Will they actually take such a big risk for HOTS?

I believe if they do, a lot more people might join sc2, because let's be honest, the way it is now people are going to keep joining, but a lot more will stop playing sc2, and simply stick to watching. If those people could be inspired again, partially by this 'fix', I see both us and blizzard closer to our goals : a good and fun game, and lots and lots of money.
necrimanci
Profile Joined March 2011
70 Posts
March 25 2012 14:48 GMT
#1471
On March 25 2012 08:32 Muppetz wrote:
I really hope this never gets to see the light.

I never played Starcraft 1, and i think Sc2 is a great game as it is. (...)


watching 2 people have a one small engagement and then sit back for 20 minutes for one army clash and a gg is great? That's not macro play, that's a 3, 4 or even 5 base all in, cause economy doesnt matter once you lose your 1hotkey deathball. Id rather watch 2 players 1base, so that i can see the action right away, instead of wasting my time to listen to casters filler it up till the one-battle-gg happens

on maps where you have to expand aggressively you have stuff to watch during the "midgame"
Eiaco
Profile Joined January 2012
170 Posts
March 25 2012 14:50 GMT
#1472
This is such a good Idea, will someone tweet this @ Dustin Browder or David Kim please.
- special tactics -
Profile Joined March 2012
Ukraine39 Posts
March 25 2012 15:05 GMT
#1473
Wow nice read! Thanks!
White Ra is my hero!
Gyro_SC2
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada540 Posts
March 25 2012 15:11 GMT
#1474
Im terran. When I play these games I mass CC and morph them into planetary fortress. fortress are in godmode on this mod.
Archvil3
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark989 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 16:08:39
March 25 2012 16:04 GMT
#1475
The Grid 6m, a 6m2g version of the MOTM february finalist map TPW The Grid available on EU and NA


[image loading]


Map Thread
Let thy speech be better than silence, or be silent.
Kleen-X
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark48 Posts
March 25 2012 16:06 GMT
#1476
On March 26 2012 00:11 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
Im terran. When I play these games I mass CC and morph them into planetary fortress. fortress are in godmode on this mod.


Wow I did not consider this, but it makes totally sense since people will have smaller armies for a longer time. It simply becomes really hard to stop a terran from expanding.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
March 25 2012 16:44 GMT
#1477
On March 26 2012 01:06 Kleen-X wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 00:11 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
Im terran. When I play these games I mass CC and morph them into planetary fortress. fortress are in godmode on this mod.


Wow I did not consider this, but it makes totally sense since people will have smaller armies for a longer time. It simply becomes really hard to stop a terran from expanding.


As the OP says, balance has to be redone- there will definitely be imbalances. I think that PFs are strong, but not having MULEs hurts even more in 6m than 8m.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Kamelixs
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden88 Posts
March 25 2012 16:45 GMT
#1478
On March 26 2012 01:04 Archvil3 wrote:
The Grid 6m, a 6m2g version of the MOTM february finalist map TPW The Grid available on EU and NA


[image loading]


Map Thread


Oh wow. That maps looks so nice! :D
The tileset is amazing
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
March 25 2012 16:49 GMT
#1479
On March 25 2012 17:28 IronManSC wrote:
6M Cross Point version 0.3 is released!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Basically I reduced fog density and made some areas slightly more chokey. It was too open previously. This gives protoss a better chance to guard their bases in the late game when getting on 4+ bases.

I really should make a map thread haha


the little high ground area with a ramp by the 3rd/4th (depending on which order you take expand in) feels too strong vs Z, for having P/T stage aggression from. Also the little high ground area by that same expo should be unpalatable or else again dropping tanks on it would be way too good. And again the nat just feels way too safe and unharassable.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
MNdakota
Profile Joined March 2012
United States512 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 17:24:27
March 25 2012 17:20 GMT
#1480
Currently watching MLG with MarineKingPrime and Parting. They gather their armies so quickly!

I really want to this idea come into effect.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 113 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings31
CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2749
Bisu 1027
Horang2 681
Jaedong 589
Hyuk 499
BeSt 446
actioN 289
firebathero 257
Light 238
Zeus 210
[ Show more ]
Stork 171
Leta 138
Soulkey 135
EffOrt 117
Last 101
Soma 96
ZerO 76
Mini 74
Sexy 68
Pusan 64
Rush 57
Mong 46
ggaemo 43
Killer 42
Mind 38
Aegong 36
Shinee 35
soO 28
hero 27
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 21
PianO 19
sorry 16
Sharp 16
Terrorterran 15
NaDa 14
Free 13
Yoon 12
JulyZerg 11
HiyA 10
Shine 9
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Snow 5
Dota 2
Dendi140
Fuzer 115
League of Legends
Reynor62
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1521
shoxiejesuss1243
x6flipin224
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1919
crisheroes553
Other Games
gofns42287
singsing1863
XBOCT330
DeMusliM190
Mew2King164
Livibee109
B2W.Neo101
ArmadaUGS74
QueenE54
Liquid`LucifroN16
ZerO(Twitch)12
Chillindude9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream291
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH321
• LUISG 40
• StrangeGG 10
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2365
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h
Stellar Fest
2h
OSC
13h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
7 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.