• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:52
CEST 19:52
KST 02:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9835 users

[March] SC2 General Discussion - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 20 Next All
dotDash
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden142 Posts
March 25 2012 19:34 GMT
#101
On March 26 2012 03:41 CluEleSs_UK wrote:
Do Koreans play on english language or korean language clients at foreign tournaments? I saw mkp research medivac energy when getting ravens, and I wondered if maybe he got the 2 upgrades mixed up because he couldn't read it.


Im sorry if I don't answer your question too good... but I doubt that mkp would research wrong things becuase of reading.. the icons are still there... also he should know which positon it has in the menu and what hotkey really... Probably just a missclick.

My guess they play on the clients that exist on the tournament.. else all the players can't really play each other since they arent on the same battle.net server.


Cheers
Dan
Feel free to tune in to my stream! Highmaster T aiming for GM with commentary! http://video.gamecreds.com/1sy1sfohwo31n/channel/dotDash-T-going-for-GM
FreudianTrip
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland1983 Posts
March 25 2012 22:04 GMT
#102
On March 26 2012 03:41 CluEleSs_UK wrote:
Do Koreans play on english language or korean language clients at foreign tournaments? I saw mkp research medivac energy when getting ravens, and I wondered if maybe he got the 2 upgrades mixed up because he couldn't read it.


I'm not sure what match you're talking about but from the sound of it, it was a TvT? Was MKP being scanned by his opponent at the time? If so he was more than likely comitting a Banshee fake. The Medivac energy upgrade is the cheapest one and makes the opponent believe that a Cloaked Banshee is incoming. I can assure you that Marine King isn't clicking the pictures.
KingofGods
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1218 Posts
March 25 2012 23:37 GMT
#103
They play on the NA client. The default keys are actually the same for the Korean and English client. For example a is used to create a marine on the NA client and the Korean client. If custom hotkeys are used, you can be sure it's changed for all clients.
iLoveLiquid
Profile Joined March 2012
1 Post
March 26 2012 05:33 GMT
#104
Hello Team Liquid!!

My name is Miles, I am brand new to this community and site! I am 14 years old and I wish to begin playing StarCraft 2. I have watched my brother play for a long time and he used to play brood war for fun, but this is the only experience I have with this game. I think I would really like to give this game a complete try and just go for it. My brother made me a trial account today and I played the placement matches and finished in gold. I'm not exactly sure what that says about my skills or if it was just luck. Could any of you guys help me get good at this game and maybe I can go somewhere with this? Thank you so much,

<3 Miles!


btw: I will be getting my first real account in about 3 days!
nunez
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway4003 Posts
March 26 2012 06:09 GMT
#105
is there any way to revert your liquibets? i misclick. horrible control.
conspired against by a confederacy of dunces.
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
March 26 2012 14:48 GMT
#106
On March 26 2012 15:09 nunez wrote:
is there any way to revert your liquibets? i misclick. horrible control.


You need to work on your micro. Practice click micro in ling/bling wars.
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
Arayvenn
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada22 Posts
March 26 2012 17:36 GMT
#107
On March 26 2012 14:33 iLoveLiquid wrote:
Hello Team Liquid!!

My name is Miles, I am brand new to this community and site! I am 14 years old and I wish to begin playing StarCraft 2. I have watched my brother play for a long time and he used to play brood war for fun, but this is the only experience I have with this game. I think I would really like to give this game a complete try and just go for it. My brother made me a trial account today and I played the placement matches and finished in gold. I'm not exactly sure what that says about my skills or if it was just luck. Could any of you guys help me get good at this game and maybe I can go somewhere with this? Thank you so much,

<3 Miles!


btw: I will be getting my first real account in about 3 days!



It's always great to see more people playing! Especially those who have had some history with it before. If you want to give me your character name and code when you get a copy I'll be sure to play with you. I'll give you some free coaching too, best of luck in your division.
All in again, and again, and again, and again, and again
Heanue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2012-03-27 01:34:27
March 27 2012 01:31 GMT
#108
A buff for zerg drop (idea) what do you guys think (jinro)?

A couple months ago a thread came about for protoss concerning the warp prism.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2795120585?page=1

Blizzard felt that a buff was needed because the protoss never used it because it did not regenerate enough health to be reusable.

Ever since release zerg drops have been lacking compared to terran and warp prism drops in current day.

Proposed change is that we Combine Overlord speed and drop technology. This would make the amount of resources spent not be such a huge investment, also it would make it more viable allowing Zergs to use it in their current play. The upgrade would cost 200/200, and would have a 100 second build time. So my question is how come Protoss received a buff to their drop ship when Zergs was just as bad. Outcome

1. Make Zerg harass more viable other then hoping for ling run by to be successful or muta harass.

2. Increase the skill cap of Zerg allowing them to have more tactics in game.

Possible other changes

Maybe they could possibly keep them as 2 upgrades but reduce research time by 20-30 seconds on carry and reduce mineral cost by 100/100.Still keeps the 200/200 original idea and keeps scouting speed the same to allow people who go for the EX: infestor style to scout for drops and prepare.


real thread Originated here

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4253966588



From (IMMvp) on general forums of sc2 it's not the real Player but what do you guys think of the idea
quotes are dumb I just win
iss
Profile Joined October 2011
United States36 Posts
March 27 2012 01:53 GMT
#109
Does anyone know who Hashe is? I saw him on the IPL open bracket list and I've never heard of him before. Anyone ever see him play?
hashaki
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway210 Posts
March 27 2012 04:35 GMT
#110
On March 27 2012 10:53 iss wrote:
Does anyone know who Hashe is? I saw him on the IPL open bracket list and I've never heard of him before. Anyone ever see him play?


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/HasHe

Although I haven't seen much of him since early release (then again, i don't fanatically follow sc2 anymore either). If you want to see games with him YT is a good place to start - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hashe starcraft 2&page=&utm_source=opensearch
Life is like animal porn... It's not for everyone
Corsica
Profile Joined February 2011
Ukraine1854 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-27 05:40:51
March 27 2012 05:09 GMT
#111
hmmm question: will GSTL final be VoDed on gomtv, or will it be free on twitch.tv of IPL?


and second question: i play on low settings, i play protoss. how to make so that when i que up a building (f.e pylon) it will be in blueish color instead of just colorless? which thing in graphic settings turns it on?

also: can someone link me to old video where huk says that he has top 3 unit control? i cant find it.
Demicore
Profile Joined October 2011
France503 Posts
March 27 2012 09:45 GMT
#112
Why are there so many MLG ads on the MLG streams? Wouldn't advertizing third parties be more lucrative? Or can't they just get them to buy their ad space? Or is it just that I simply don't get the third party ads in my region?

Thanks
"I love male nipples in starcraft; the two go together so well." ~Tasteless
Doomblaze
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1292 Posts
March 27 2012 21:54 GMT
#113
On March 27 2012 10:53 iss wrote:
Does anyone know who Hashe is? I saw him on the IPL open bracket list and I've never heard of him before. Anyone ever see him play?



He streams quite often, he used to be featured before TL changed the featured requirements., he is in Vile, and he has a pretty big following for not being a super gosu progamer.
In Mushi we trust
Hostility
Profile Joined March 2012
United States1 Post
March 28 2012 00:39 GMT
#114
12
MrDonkeyBong
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada103 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 03:42:33
March 28 2012 03:42 GMT
#115
On March 26 2012 14:33 iLoveLiquid wrote:
Hello Team Liquid!!

My name is Miles, I am brand new to this community and site! I am 14 years old and I wish to begin playing StarCraft 2. I have watched my brother play for a long time and he used to play brood war for fun, but this is the only experience I have with this game. I think I would really like to give this game a complete try and just go for it. My brother made me a trial account today and I played the placement matches and finished in gold. I'm not exactly sure what that says about my skills or if it was just luck. Could any of you guys help me get good at this game and maybe I can go somewhere with this? Thank you so much,

<3 Miles!


btw: I will be getting my first real account in about 3 days!


Glad to see more new blood! The game and the scene is still growing so fast

Gold is pretty good, if this is your first RTS game, its better than 40% of the player base, so not amazing, but a good place to start. (The leagues go bronze --> silver --> gold --> platinum --> diamond --> masters --> grandmasters, which is the top 200 in the region)

The best ways I can say to help you improve is to use your keyboard as much as you can, get a hotkey setup you're comfy with, and watch streams, especially the Day[9] Daily, he does a show nearly every day dedicated to helping players improve. Most of it is fairly advanced stuff, with the exception of his 'Newbie Tuesdays' where they are geared to lower level players. Also there's his 'Funday Mondays' which are funny. You can find them at day9.tv

Good luck!

EDIT: 100th post woohoo :D
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." -- Carl Sagan
Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
March 28 2012 04:33 GMT
#116
Are they releasing MLG WC replays?
nunez
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway4003 Posts
March 28 2012 05:48 GMT
#117
what's up with korean weekly? having withdrawals.
according to orbs stream they lost twitch as sponsor.
used to be my favourite bitesized tournament.
conspired against by a confederacy of dunces.
Creegz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada354 Posts
March 28 2012 17:32 GMT
#118
On March 27 2012 18:45 Demicore wrote:
Why are there so many MLG ads on the MLG streams? Wouldn't advertizing third parties be more lucrative? Or can't they just get them to buy their ad space? Or is it just that I simply don't get the third party ads in my region?

Thanks


I was wondering that myself. I have a feeling it's just that MLG wants to promote their stuff as well as sponsors, hence the CONSTANT shameless self promotion. However I don't think they have a whole lot of those at this point. We need it to pick up some steam, have the Brood War players transition over and then we'll see some more diverse opportunities.

Also, if anyone from MLG rolls by:

Y U NO COME TO VANCOUVER!?!
Who is this guy? ^
OgreSC
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada8 Posts
March 28 2012 17:48 GMT
#119
On March 27 2012 10:31 Heanue wrote:
A buff for zerg drop (idea) what do you guys think (jinro)?

A couple months ago a thread came about for protoss concerning the warp prism.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2795120585?page=1

Blizzard felt that a buff was needed because the protoss never used it because it did not regenerate enough health to be reusable.

Ever since release zerg drops have been lacking compared to terran and warp prism drops in current day.

Proposed change is that we Combine Overlord speed and drop technology. This would make the amount of resources spent not be such a huge investment, also it would make it more viable allowing Zergs to use it in their current play. The upgrade would cost 200/200, and would have a 100 second build time. So my question is how come Protoss received a buff to their drop ship when Zergs was just as bad. Outcome

1. Make Zerg harass more viable other then hoping for ling run by to be successful or muta harass.

2. Increase the skill cap of Zerg allowing them to have more tactics in game.

Possible other changes

Maybe they could possibly keep them as 2 upgrades but reduce research time by 20-30 seconds on carry and reduce mineral cost by 100/100.Still keeps the 200/200 original idea and keeps scouting speed the same to allow people who go for the EX: infestor style to scout for drops and prepare.


real thread Originated here

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4253966588



From (IMMvp) on general forums of sc2 it's not the real Player but what do you guys think of the idea


I don't think zerg needs a drop buff, for a couple reasons.
1: you don't need to build a special building to get overlords, and you have to build them anyway for supply. So effectively, for the cost of your upgrade you get infinite dropships, and have to spend 0 build time out of a production building.

2. You don't need to get the speed upgrade to do drops, per se, only to do more damaging/dangerous drops. For example, you can transfer drones to close-by air platform on metalopolis to expand and not have them run through the middle of the map. Go to islands, attack undefended close-by-air bases, etc. albeit very slowly. I admit, functionally it sucks, and is only really helpful if you want to do a drop before waiting the extra time for the speed upgrade to complete.

3. Yes, overlords have high HP, regenerate health and are therefore re-useable.

4. The speed upgrade already makes them the best dropships in the game, you do not see terran or protoss having the ability to fly over your base with 6 full dropships and 20 empty ones as decoys. In fact, protoss usually makes due with only 1 or 2 warp prisms at a time.

In the thread you linked, the OP stated "Ever since release zerg drops have been lacking compared to terran and warp prism drops in current day." I do not accept this statement, as zerg drops have always been quite powerful, and probably underused IMO. Baneling drops have been a fairly popular tactic in the past, hydra drops into bases are still an effective harass, just as much as terran drops. I believe the relative rarity of zerg drops compared to terran (i think they are still used more frequently than protoss drops) is more a product of current zerg playstyles than any actual weakness in the strategy or units. People prefer to have their power units, such as hydras and banelings, with their armies in case they get attacked. In mid-late game, dropping zerglings rarely causes enough damage to be worthwhile, and besides that, they are fast enough around the map (especially with a good creep spread) that you don't need to drop them. For terran, the 8-16 high-dps marines are more disposable, and less likely to be the deciding factor in a full-force engagement than the 8-16 banelings or hydras that you would drop.

TL;DR Zerg has great drop capabilities already, and the investment they currently have to make to get it is well worth it. So they don't need a drop buff.
Corsica
Profile Joined February 2011
Ukraine1854 Posts
March 28 2012 23:18 GMT
#120
On March 17 2012 12:32 Chriscras wrote:
Has anyone looked at top 50 Korea GM recently?

[image loading]

I wonder who all the IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIs are?

Maybe they are Gosu BW players




its just group of friends, i know that ST guys use this accs, and other top korean teams.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 301
ProTech170
UpATreeSC 126
BRAT_OK 75
MindelVK 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2909
Bisu 2207
Soulkey 997
EffOrt 500
Larva 414
Mini 385
Dewaltoss 192
ZerO 188
hero 94
Mind 75
[ Show more ]
sorry 64
Sharp 60
Shinee 51
Barracks 34
Bale 26
Terrorterran 22
Trap 22
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 18
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 11
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Dendi1443
420jenkins382
XaKoH 356
League of Legends
Reynor71
Counter-Strike
fl0m4246
Fnx 679
x6flipin362
edward39
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu400
Other Games
Grubby2933
Liquid`RaSZi1638
FrodaN703
XBOCT244
Livibee180
C9.Mang0135
TKL 117
QueenE104
RotterdaM61
Mew2King39
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV239
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 68
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 50
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2845
• TFBlade748
Other Games
• Shiphtur634
• imaqtpie525
• WagamamaTV511
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 8m
Patches Events
22h 8m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.