• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:06
CEST 10:06
KST 17:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7609 users

[March] SC2 General Discussion - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 20 Next All
Krinoth
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia10 Posts
March 29 2012 02:35 GMT
#121
On March 28 2012 12:42 MrDonkeyBong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 14:33 iLoveLiquid wrote:
Hello Team Liquid!!

My name is Miles, I am brand new to this community and site! I am 14 years old and I wish to begin playing StarCraft 2. I have watched my brother play for a long time and he used to play brood war for fun, but this is the only experience I have with this game. I think I would really like to give this game a complete try and just go for it. My brother made me a trial account today and I played the placement matches and finished in gold. I'm not exactly sure what that says about my skills or if it was just luck. Could any of you guys help me get good at this game and maybe I can go somewhere with this? Thank you so much,

<3 Miles!


btw: I will be getting my first real account in about 3 days!


Glad to see more new blood! The game and the scene is still growing so fast

Gold is pretty good, if this is your first RTS game, its better than 40% of the player base, so not amazing, but a good place to start. (The leagues go bronze --> silver --> gold --> platinum --> diamond --> masters --> grandmasters, which is the top 200 in the region)

The best ways I can say to help you improve is to use your keyboard as much as you can, get a hotkey setup you're comfy with, and watch streams, especially the Day[9] Daily, he does a show nearly every day dedicated to helping players improve. Most of it is fairly advanced stuff, with the exception of his 'Newbie Tuesdays' where they are geared to lower level players. Also there's his 'Funday Mondays' which are funny. You can find them at day9.tv

Good luck!

EDIT: 100th post woohoo :D


not to be rude, but WTF dude? placing in gold isn't amazing? that's really good. I've been playing for months now and I'm silver, and I feel like I'm still a season away from reaching gold.

On Day[9]; his Newbie Tuesdays are excellent viewing and I find them to be helpful. I've taken most of the builds that I practice regularly from the daily, like Thorzain's marine tank timing push and MKP's 2 rax TVP, though I'm looking at variations on that, like posibly a Maka rax and see how it goes. so I think it's also useful for finding some interesting BO's to practice.


Also Miles, grats!

Have fun, I think it's an awesome game and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Angel_
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1617 Posts
March 29 2012 02:40 GMT
#122
4-31 for the day. all 4 were off-race. what. the. fuck. is the matter with me.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
March 29 2012 02:44 GMT
#123
On March 29 2012 11:40 Angel_ wrote:
4-31 for the day. all 4 were off-race. what. the. fuck. is the matter with me.


Show us replays with what you think you did wrong, and we can help you analyze your games

Otherwise your comment should be in the Letting Off Steam thread
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Angel_
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1617 Posts
March 29 2012 02:46 GMT
#124
On March 29 2012 11:44 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 11:40 Angel_ wrote:
4-31 for the day. all 4 were off-race. what. the. fuck. is the matter with me.


Show us replays with what you think you did wrong, and we can help you analyze your games

Otherwise your comment should be in the Letting Off Steam thread


There's a letting off steam thread?! How have I missed this. And it was just everything cuz I hurt my hand so I'm distracted and not key-pushing right anyway. anywayz...to find thread!
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 29 2012 03:07 GMT
#125
So I've been noticing a lot of people named IlIllIlIIIlI or some variation of that name on the KR/TW server, especially when I'm watching pro Korean streams getting matched up against them. A look through sc2ranks shows a ton of people in Grandmasters and Masters being named IlIllIlIIIlI. It's almost eerie to see all these IlIllIlIIIlI accounts, since almost all of them use the same default female portrait.

I sorta want to believe that these are BW progamers, but it's unlikely since some of these accounts date back for a while before rumors of the BW to SC2 switch began surfacing. Heck, I don't trust my hunches anymore after Dongraegu didn't turn out to be Jaedong smurfing on the SC2 ladder.

So I speculate that these IlIllIlIIIlI accounts are just current SC2 progamers hiding their real identities on the ladder, possibly from the same team since the sheer number of IlIllIlIIIlI accounts with unified portraits might point to a more unified effort from a particular team. However, I'm just speculating without any personal knowledge of the KR SC2 scene, so perhaps someone with more experience on KR can shed some more accurate information.

Check out the rankings from the KR/TW server on sc2ranks to see all the IlIllIlIIIlIs. It's kinda creepy.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
March 29 2012 03:10 GMT
#126
On March 29 2012 12:07 eviltomahawk wrote:
So I've been noticing a lot of people named IlIllIlIIIlI or some variation of that name on the KR/TW server, especially when I'm watching pro Korean streams getting matched up against them. A look through sc2ranks shows a ton of people in Grandmasters and Masters being named IlIllIlIIIlI. It's almost eerie to see all these IlIllIlIIIlI accounts, since almost all of them use the same default female portrait.

I sorta want to believe that these are BW progamers, but it's unlikely since some of these accounts date back for a while before rumors of the BW to SC2 switch began surfacing. Heck, I don't trust my hunches anymore after Dongraegu didn't turn out to be Jaedong smurfing on the SC2 ladder.

So I speculate that these IlIllIlIIIlI accounts are just current SC2 progamers hiding their real identities on the ladder, possibly from the same team since the sheer number of IlIllIlIIIlI accounts with unified portraits might point to a more unified effort from a particular team. However, I'm just speculating without any personal knowledge of the KR SC2 scene, so perhaps someone with more experience on KR can shed some more accurate information.

Check out the rankings from the KR/TW server on sc2ranks to see all the IlIllIlIIIlIs. It's kinda creepy.


I thought it was established that most of these (if not all) were Korean pro-team players (like SlayerS players or players from oGs or whatever)? I don't remember which team(s) though.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 29 2012 03:13 GMT
#127
On March 29 2012 12:10 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 12:07 eviltomahawk wrote:
So I've been noticing a lot of people named IlIllIlIIIlI or some variation of that name on the KR/TW server, especially when I'm watching pro Korean streams getting matched up against them. A look through sc2ranks shows a ton of people in Grandmasters and Masters being named IlIllIlIIIlI. It's almost eerie to see all these IlIllIlIIIlI accounts, since almost all of them use the same default female portrait.

I sorta want to believe that these are BW progamers, but it's unlikely since some of these accounts date back for a while before rumors of the BW to SC2 switch began surfacing. Heck, I don't trust my hunches anymore after Dongraegu didn't turn out to be Jaedong smurfing on the SC2 ladder.

So I speculate that these IlIllIlIIIlI accounts are just current SC2 progamers hiding their real identities on the ladder, possibly from the same team since the sheer number of IlIllIlIIIlI accounts with unified portraits might point to a more unified effort from a particular team. However, I'm just speculating without any personal knowledge of the KR SC2 scene, so perhaps someone with more experience on KR can shed some more accurate information.

Check out the rankings from the KR/TW server on sc2ranks to see all the IlIllIlIIIlIs. It's kinda creepy.


I thought it was established that most of these (if not all) were Korean pro-team players (like SlayerS players or players from oGs or whatever)? I don't remember which team(s) though.

Ah, okay. I guess I missed wherever those rumors were cleared up. I guess I won't be creeped out anymore by the thought of elephants slowly creeping into the room now that I know these are current SC2 progamers.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
tacticalstarcraft
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden3 Posts
March 29 2012 08:49 GMT
#128
Hello guys , my name is narundo in the game and i have been a top mastery player since season 2. During my time i have experianced a lot and made some brilliant tactics! . They were bad in the start but after a while (and some small changes) they actually became good. So me and some friends decided to make a webbsite about those "fun" tactics. We have both videos and guides that explains how we make those wins.

The tactics works well against grandmaster players because grand master players are our main opponents.

webbsite: tacticalstarcraft.com youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TacticalStarcraft

Please send feedbacks to info@tacticalstarcraft.com
dont feed the troll !
Ludwigvan
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany2373 Posts
March 29 2012 13:48 GMT
#129
On March 29 2012 11:40 Angel_ wrote:
4-31 for the day. all 4 were off-race. what. the. fuck. is the matter with me.

After this negative ladder run, you can now get a new nickname: onahpetS
Corsica
Profile Joined February 2011
Ukraine1854 Posts
March 29 2012 17:36 GMT
#130
On March 29 2012 11:40 Angel_ wrote:
4-31 for the day. all 4 were off-race. what. the. fuck. is the matter with me.


Tilted, just take a shower and play more tomorrow.
MrDonkeyBong
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada103 Posts
March 29 2012 19:18 GMT
#131
On March 29 2012 11:35 Krinoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 12:42 MrDonkeyBong wrote:
On March 26 2012 14:33 iLoveLiquid wrote:
Hello Team Liquid!!

My name is Miles, I am brand new to this community and site! I am 14 years old and I wish to begin playing StarCraft 2. I have watched my brother play for a long time and he used to play brood war for fun, but this is the only experience I have with this game. I think I would really like to give this game a complete try and just go for it. My brother made me a trial account today and I played the placement matches and finished in gold. I'm not exactly sure what that says about my skills or if it was just luck. Could any of you guys help me get good at this game and maybe I can go somewhere with this? Thank you so much,

<3 Miles!


btw: I will be getting my first real account in about 3 days!


Glad to see more new blood! The game and the scene is still growing so fast

Gold is pretty good, if this is your first RTS game, its better than 40% of the player base, so not amazing, but a good place to start. (The leagues go bronze --> silver --> gold --> platinum --> diamond --> masters --> grandmasters, which is the top 200 in the region)

The best ways I can say to help you improve is to use your keyboard as much as you can, get a hotkey setup you're comfy with, and watch streams, especially the Day[9] Daily, he does a show nearly every day dedicated to helping players improve. Most of it is fairly advanced stuff, with the exception of his 'Newbie Tuesdays' where they are geared to lower level players. Also there's his 'Funday Mondays' which are funny. You can find them at day9.tv

Good luck!

EDIT: 100th post woohoo :D


not to be rude, but WTF dude? placing in gold isn't amazing? that's really good. I've been playing for months now and I'm silver, and I feel like I'm still a season away from reaching gold.

On Day[9]; his Newbie Tuesdays are excellent viewing and I find them to be helpful. I've taken most of the builds that I practice regularly from the daily, like Thorzain's marine tank timing push and MKP's 2 rax TVP, though I'm looking at variations on that, like posibly a Maka rax and see how it goes. so I think it's also useful for finding some interesting BO's to practice.


Also Miles, grats!

Have fun, I think it's an awesome game and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.


Well, if this is his first RTS then gold is pretty amazing, but he didn't specify if it was in his post.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." -- Carl Sagan
BrauL
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada197 Posts
March 29 2012 19:34 GMT
#132
Didn't want to start a thread for this, but what does everyone think of the pregame show with Engine & Mr. Chae? I actually find them really entertaining and would love to listen to them cast a match or two in english!
The Barbarian
Mentlegen
Profile Joined March 2012
United Kingdom1 Post
March 29 2012 19:37 GMT
#133
[image loading]
Why is Orb's stream even listed on TeamLiquid any more? As someone currently suffering with bowel cancer, I'm genuinely shocked that anyone would wish it on someone, and the idea that he now feels safe because he has no job to lose... it's disgusting. Was he being provoked? Yes. Does that excuse this kind of behaviour? No.

User was banned for this post.
Pulzlulz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany412 Posts
March 29 2012 19:46 GMT
#134
On March 30 2012 04:37 Mentlegen wrote:
[image loading]
Why is Orb's stream even listed on TeamLiquid any more? As someone currently suffering with bowel cancer, I'm genuinely shocked that anyone would wish it on someone, and the idea that he now feels safe because he has no job to lose... it's disgusting. Was he being provoked? Yes. Does that excuse this kind of behaviour? No.

Wow, that's really disgusting.
Hoodlum
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States350 Posts
March 29 2012 19:48 GMT
#135
On March 30 2012 04:37 Mentlegen wrote:
[image loading]
Why is Orb's stream even listed on TeamLiquid any more? As someone currently suffering with bowel cancer, I'm genuinely shocked that anyone would wish it on someone, and the idea that he now feels safe because he has no job to lose... it's disgusting. Was he being provoked? Yes. Does that excuse this kind of behaviour? No.


Oh my god please tell me this is a troll. Next your gonna call for witch hunt because your brothers sisters nephew is retarded and he said retard............ I don't understand you people lol!!!
xO gaming owner
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
March 29 2012 19:49 GMT
#136
On March 30 2012 04:37 Mentlegen wrote:
[image loading]
Why is Orb's stream even listed on TeamLiquid any more? As someone currently suffering with bowel cancer, I'm genuinely shocked that anyone would wish it on someone, and the idea that he now feels safe because he has no job to lose... it's disgusting. Was he being provoked? Yes. Does that excuse this kind of behaviour? No.


Go back to reddit or /vg/ , whichever disgusting little hole you came crawling from.
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
Ectrid
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany51 Posts
March 29 2012 19:52 GMT
#137
On March 30 2012 04:48 Hoodlum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 04:37 Mentlegen wrote:
[image loading]
Why is Orb's stream even listed on TeamLiquid any more? As someone currently suffering with bowel cancer, I'm genuinely shocked that anyone would wish it on someone, and the idea that he now feels safe because he has no job to lose... it's disgusting. Was he being provoked? Yes. Does that excuse this kind of behaviour? No.


Oh my god please tell me this is a troll. Next your gonna call for witch hunt because your brothers sisters nephew is retarded and he said retard............ I don't understand you people lol!!!



^EXACTLY THIS! pls just stfu... just... stfu...

i can't take this retarded, moronic bullshit anymore, wtf has the internet become...
Nobody is more a slave than the one who considers himself free without being free
hysterial
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2044 Posts
March 29 2012 19:52 GMT
#138
On March 30 2012 04:37 Mentlegen wrote:
[image loading]
Why is Orb's stream even listed on TeamLiquid any more? As someone currently suffering with bowel cancer, I'm genuinely shocked that anyone would wish it on someone, and the idea that he now feels safe because he has no job to lose... it's disgusting. Was he being provoked? Yes. Does that excuse this kind of behaviour? No.


>based VG member
>posts on TL
M0nk3y
Profile Joined October 2011
Great Britain12 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 19:58:28
March 29 2012 19:54 GMT
#139
So let me get this straight....Orb gets stream-cheated , the opponent spends the entire match throwing abuse at him, all of which containing the 'n' word. Then Orb retaliates and you decide that this is a bandwagon you must jump on and make it so orbs in the wrong............... -.-

In fact I should imagine you were the guy doing the stream cheating, and are just annoyed that you still lost

I don't wana be on the internets anymore if this is whats its really fell to
Don't hate Four gate
Iodem
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1173 Posts
March 29 2012 20:13 GMT
#140
On March 30 2012 04:54 M0nk3y wrote:
So let me get this straight....Orb gets stream-cheated , the opponent spends the entire match throwing abuse at him, all of which containing the 'n' word. Then Orb retaliates and you decide that this is a bandwagon you must jump on and make it so orbs in the wrong............... -.-

In fact I should imagine you were the guy doing the stream cheating, and are just annoyed that you still lost

I don't wana be on the internets anymore if this is whats its really fell to


It's the exact same thing that got him in trouble the first time. He didn't deserve to lose his job for raging at some random player. Everyone did a kneejerk reaction and went "OH NO HE SAID NIGGER, GET THAT DAMNED RACIST."

My point is it's hypocritical to come to his defense now if you didn't stand by him the first time. Orb was unjustly wronged.

People are honestly too sensitive about the use of words. Would he have been fired for calling someone a retard or a faggot? They're all derogatory words to some group of people, so why raise one's 'offensive value' above the other?
If you don't like it, you can quit.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 721
GuemChi 547
Leta 335
BeSt 226
Soma 171
Hyun 103
firebathero 74
sorry 52
910 51
Mong 48
[ Show more ]
sSak 31
Bale 24
ZergMaN 19
yabsab 18
Noble 10
HiyA 5
Dota 2
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss568
ceh9513
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King469
Other Games
summit1g8129
olofmeister826
JimRising 490
Happy416
KnowMe23
Trikslyr22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick448
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast36
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt431
Other Games
• Shiphtur452
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 54m
Patches Events
7h 54m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.