• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:11
CEST 14:11
KST 21:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7500 users

UI still sub-par 2 years later. Why don't we care? - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 87 Next
ColterTV
Profile Joined September 2010
Argentina163 Posts
February 03 2012 15:17 GMT
#281
Please start showing signs at major events so the voice is heard
ColterTV Stream -> http://www.twitch.tv/ColterTV
StormD
Profile Joined October 2011
United States5 Posts
February 03 2012 15:23 GMT
#282
Signed.
"Destroying the world since 1976"
ShadyKat
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom40 Posts
February 03 2012 15:23 GMT
#283
On February 04 2012 00:12 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 05:07 graNite wrote:
They don't want to show statistics to the players because they think you could easily become sad when you see your winrates and stop playing. Thats why they also dont show you the losses in all leagues below masters.


I personally quit playing precisely because it's so hard to see where my weaknesses are. All I have is this stupid notion that "I'm not getting promoted." That's it. When it comes time to say "how do I get better?" I have NO INFORMATION! What matchup is my weakest? Are there maps that cause me to struggle? (The maps question is important because if they have similar elements (lots of chokes) that would indicate to me that I engage in chokes too often.) Am I improving or getting worse? Even just a simple moving average APM tracker would be awesome to see if I'm at least getting faster.

Yes I could pay for coaching or painstakingly analyze my replays but that's such an inordinate amount of work when completely feasible technology exists to give me that information so much faster. It's like looking something up in the encyclopedia instead of just using google.

Also the UI is definitely bad. I'm sure it's great with a gamepad...but I don't play starcraft with my 360 controller.


Not to be completely off topic because i agree with the OP and i miss Starcraft GBR-1 massively

Have you not heard of Sc2 Gears? There are plenty of people in the community making tools to help you improve as a player and that has nothing to do with the UI...
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 15:25:33
February 03 2012 15:23 GMT
#284
On February 03 2012 19:01 Highways wrote:
I have said this 100 times but I'll say it again. Battle.net 0.2 is a massive reason why the SC2 population has died, and there is hardly any body playing anymore.

- There is no social aspect on bnet at all, everything feels dark and lonely. It needs to feel vibrant, like when you logon it feels like a massive community is active.
- It needs to be a place where you can hang and have fun, even if you have no friends online.
- Some suggestions to make it more social are: make chat channels a main part of the UI, clan support, online replays with friends, embeded tournament stream with chat, automated tournaments, join and view live games, unranked automatchmaking, upload replays to your profile and allow people to comment on them etc...

- Arguably the biggest fail is the custom game interface. Huge expectations that the editor will take the scene to the next level but it has taken 10 steps back. Two years in and its still the same games on the top 2 pages says it all.....

At the end of the day, why the fuck did a console guy develop the interface for a high profile PC game.

Didn't read your post but the highlighted line catched my eyes.
Do you guys REALLY think that there is some "UI Designer PC" and "UI Designer Console"? There is no such job.
You are a Designer or aren't that has nothing to do with the plattform.
That he worked for Xbox or whatever is just a REFERENCE.
You guys are like saying:"He is a doctor for horses! WHY HE IS EXAMINING THIS COW?????????" or maybe u like the "He is only a Java Coder ... WHY IS HE LOOKING AT C CODE??? DERPDERP".
Jeez, those people work with the same principles and assumably have the same education(PC<->Console,Java<->C,Horse<->Cow) and just that u did something slightly different doesn't make you worse.
I really can't bitch about the visual design of the UI, imo its not that bad at all. Quite nice and tidy, only thing I'm misking a "List" of all opened chats when the bottom bar is spammed.
Tho they could work on the performance but then again, that has nothing to do with the UI Design, thats the implementation part. So blame their Architects or Engineers but not the designer <.<

@the rest of topic, I liked my bnet1.0 - spent hours and hours in D2 just chatting :D (but I remember we also used some 3rd party tool to chat w/o being in the game, so even then ppl complained and the community reacted :D)
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Mazaire
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia217 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 15:47:34
February 03 2012 15:24 GMT
#285
I agree with the sentiment of this thread, although i don't see it coming too in WOL, fingers crossed for HOTS.

edit: ballsed up and posted it in blizz forums. Lets see how that goes >.>
"No matter what event you go to there are so many koreans, like a swarm. Even if you beat three or four, there are like 10 others waiting." - Socke
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 15:29:20
February 03 2012 15:26 GMT
#286
On February 04 2012 00:23 ShadyKat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2012 00:12 Klondikebar wrote:
On February 03 2012 05:07 graNite wrote:
They don't want to show statistics to the players because they think you could easily become sad when you see your winrates and stop playing. Thats why they also dont show you the losses in all leagues below masters.


I personally quit playing precisely because it's so hard to see where my weaknesses are. All I have is this stupid notion that "I'm not getting promoted." That's it. When it comes time to say "how do I get better?" I have NO INFORMATION! What matchup is my weakest? Are there maps that cause me to struggle? (The maps question is important because if they have similar elements (lots of chokes) that would indicate to me that I engage in chokes too often.) Am I improving or getting worse? Even just a simple moving average APM tracker would be awesome to see if I'm at least getting faster.

Yes I could pay for coaching or painstakingly analyze my replays but that's such an inordinate amount of work when completely feasible technology exists to give me that information so much faster. It's like looking something up in the encyclopedia instead of just using google.

Also the UI is definitely bad. I'm sure it's great with a gamepad...but I don't play starcraft with my 360 controller.


Not to be completely off topic because i agree with the OP and i miss Starcraft GBR-1 massively

Have you not heard of Sc2 Gears? There are plenty of people in the community making tools to help you improve as a player and that has nothing to do with the UI...


Good call. I should check that out. Now I just need to conquer my addiction to player streams and actually get back into playing myself.

Although I will maintain that the lack of information is a UI issue. There's so much wasted space and wasted potential on every screen. We don't need massive buttons and huge pictures.
#2throwed
-stOpSKY-
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada498 Posts
February 03 2012 15:27 GMT
#287
I would like to see clan support, better chat interface and MMR being shown but aside from that it doesnt bother me much. I dont really care about % statistics are maps and so on, all meaningless.
zuperketla
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway212 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 15:32:26
February 03 2012 15:30 GMT
#288
Everyone with an EU account go to this link on the bnet forums: (this same post)

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3313032837

Log in and "REQUEST STICKY" top right corner green button! Also post in the thread to make it bigger =)

Maybe we can raise some attention! Its worth the 60 seconds it takes to do it

edit: someone make a similar thread on the US bnet forums!
heyho
Aeceus
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1278 Posts
February 03 2012 15:32 GMT
#289
I think that SC2 could benefit socially from a global chat lobby while looking for games, instead of channels. Kind of like what MSN zone had all those years ago when playing AoE2.
cgerrr
Profile Joined April 2010
Ukraine47 Posts
February 03 2012 15:38 GMT
#290
The concerns died out simply because there aren't (relatively) much people actually care/playing this game anymore. As simple as that.
Saiton
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden467 Posts
February 03 2012 15:40 GMT
#291
On February 04 2012 00:38 cgerrr wrote:
The concerns died out simply because there aren't (relatively) much people actually care/playing this game anymore. As simple as that.


I asked once in this thread and i ask it again, where are you getting this ridiculous information that nobody is playing the game?!
Top diamond terran streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/saitontv
TigerKarl
Profile Joined November 2010
1757 Posts
February 03 2012 15:46 GMT
#292
I agree with everything you say.
Blizzard has to bring improvements with the first addon, otherwise there's gonna be a huge shitstorm.
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
February 03 2012 15:48 GMT
#293
I posted the thread to Reddit as well. Feel free to upvote (selfpost, no karma gained).
esotericc
Profile Joined July 2011
449 Posts
February 03 2012 16:27 GMT
#294
This is the exact reason I quit SC2 and started playing DotA 2, bnet just felt to lonely for me. Might as well have been a single player game.
ColterTV
Profile Joined September 2010
Argentina163 Posts
February 03 2012 16:42 GMT
#295
[image loading]

User was warned for this post
ColterTV Stream -> http://www.twitch.tv/ColterTV
StaN.de
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany50 Posts
February 03 2012 16:48 GMT
#296
I 100% agree!

Clansupport and a tournament system would be so nice. They should also think about a clanwarladder including a auto-matchmaking system
CallousCarter
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom81 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 16:51:47
February 03 2012 16:50 GMT
#297
How exactly did SC2 improve over SC1? The story and singlerplayer was mediocre at best, the gameplay is slightly easier but still rock hard, the only difference is there's not as many factors to distinguish players at the very top level, Bnet 2.0 is shit, we don't have lan mode the only thing that really springs to mind as an improvement is the graphics from a pure technical, polygon counting perspective, but even then BW has charm style and nostalgic value whereas sc2 just looks like an average rts at the moment. I'm not saying SC2 is a bad game, but i don't think it is a great game and I don't think they made enough significant improvements over BW to make the squeal worth while from a pure game design perspective. I worry for the esports scene that has been built around sc2, the game is in decline, maybe HotS will change that but if it doesn't I can see things going south very quickly.
GLLuvz
Profile Joined January 2012
Norway25 Posts
February 03 2012 16:56 GMT
#298
The chat system is way to bad imo, bring back the one they had in WC3/BW. its just sad that we have to use IIRC to communicate with people properly.
Gamersleague FTW
SeZomg
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1 Post
February 03 2012 16:59 GMT
#299
I agree with all your points, we have such amazing potential for an even better community but lack the infrastructure needed to see it grow. We need to make it heard that we demand these features.
equalheights
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia30 Posts
February 03 2012 16:59 GMT
#300
I absolutely agree with the opening post. I like the ladder matchmaking system sc2 has, but it lacks anything else... at all.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings152
CranKy Ducklings SOOP43
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko351
ProTech139
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4214
Jaedong 2437
actioN 1087
EffOrt 728
Soma 568
Horang2 546
Killer 438
BeSt 388
Leta 329
Stork 224
[ Show more ]
Mini 216
Pusan 167
Rush 147
Zeus 140
Light 123
Barracks 111
Snow 80
JYJ 77
ggaemo 75
Larva 69
Mong 45
HiyA 44
Sea.KH 40
ToSsGirL 36
hero 35
Bale 29
Shinee 25
sorry 24
Sharp 21
zelot 16
Sexy 15
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5820
Dendi609
XaKoH 397
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_45
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3535
Other Games
gofns52794
singsing1561
olofmeister1361
byalli534
B2W.Neo266
Livibee198
OGKoka 97
ArmadaUGS72
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV359
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream275
Other Games
BasetradeTV176
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV211
League of Legends
• Jankos1646
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 49m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 49m
The PondCast
1d 21h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.