• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:49
CEST 00:49
KST 07:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8074 users

Brilliant New FFE Wall-In on Antiga Shipyard - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 Next All
svefnleysi
Profile Joined March 2011
Iceland623 Posts
January 10 2012 17:44 GMT
#361
I thought you were going to suggest a late Nexus at the natural and a heavy chrono boost style of play.
PureBalls
Profile Joined January 2012
Austria383 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-10 18:04:56
January 10 2012 17:58 GMT
#362
I dont like this strat! It's too defensive for me, and I do like aggro and all ins a looooooooooot!

What I usually do, is block the zergs natural with a nexus. Most zergs freak out, 'cuz they have been taught that as zerg you have to play macro, and thus they only have 2-4 lings. Suffice it to say, it takes them ages to kill it off, which gives me ample time to throw down them 4gts back at home. And while I'm rolling in with my imba gate units, busting FFs left and right, and the poor zerg fellow is ragging and QQing like mad, I like to listen to this song!
TaKiTaKi
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany58 Posts
January 10 2012 17:58 GMT
#363
ZvP is hard enough, guess I'll just have to 6 pool every ZvP now...
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
January 10 2012 18:02 GMT
#364
On January 11 2012 02:58 TaKiTaKi wrote:
ZvP is hard enough, guess I'll just have to 6 pool every ZvP now...


Not gonna work, becuase if scouted the toss is just gonna 6nexus you which > 6 pool.
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
January 10 2012 18:38 GMT
#365
since you usually gather probes on your minerals while waiting to make a third, this seems to make efficient use of those other probes in the meantime. Then when you take a third, drop another nexus at the naturals conventional location. Boom! profits.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
January 10 2012 18:48 GMT
#366
On January 10 2012 02:08 SCDex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 09:10 ZodaSoda wrote:
On January 09 2012 08:35 TheKefka wrote:
I just skimmed through the whole 17 pages just to see how many people actually took this serious.
At this point I'm worried about the mental health of some people.


Your lack of faith disturbs me.

Haha, i thought exactly that. Every sence in my brain says "this is bullshit", but I´m confused because so many players like that build.
Still looking for some replays at master niveu, which can make me believe this build isn´t stupid and the distance between minerals and nexus isn´t too big and doesn´t put me behind. Especially when Zerg goes fast third.

You must be trolling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
SCDex
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany12 Posts
January 10 2012 19:49 GMT
#367
Why should I?
Please try to ignore some grammar mistakes, im still learning that language! Thanks.
Jesushooves
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada553 Posts
January 10 2012 22:54 GMT
#368
So I was doing my standard 2 rax (1 reactor 1 techlab) blindly vs toss on antiga. Toss walled off like this. I was very confused but figured ehh who cares he will let me kill his stuff! By the time I took down a building to push through though, he had 6 carriers!

Needless to say I typed out gg wp.
Lose its good, after will be win.
xlava
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States676 Posts
January 10 2012 23:09 GMT
#369
I laughed for a good thirty seconds after seeing the spoiler. Thank you for that.
BreakfastBurrito
Profile Joined November 2011
United States893 Posts
January 10 2012 23:09 GMT
#370
as a zerg i am scared to see this on ladder!!
Switching to toss right away captain Bibbit !!!!
twitch.tv/jaytherey | Yapper891 if you are reading this, PM me. its Twisty.
getSome[703]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States753 Posts
January 10 2012 23:15 GMT
#371
Well apparently this has incorporated itself into the metagame pretty quickly.

Today I tried doing this on antiga versus a zerg. The zerg saw what I was doing and reacted by placing a proxy hatchery when I was about to lay down my nexus! He later cancelled it to allow a stream of lings through before I could complete my wall off.

This seems pretty op against any zerg who does not react this way
Running Log! http://www.runningahead.com/logs/5081b4d7a4a94c5e8fa20b01e668dfb6/calendar
Elefes
Profile Joined September 2011
Russian Federation164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 12:40:33
January 11 2012 11:46 GMT
#372
Didn't read most comments, but IMO OP is wayyy outdated.
A better choise is to wall the zerg in at HIS ramp. It's either at his natural, or at the bottom of main. Nexus, GW (+pylon outside) wall-off, maybe with a cannon or 2.. Zerg will turtle to bust/do a Nydus. At work atm, can't make screenshots, though the build is pretty simple.

That way you grab map control, more expansions, infinite Chronoboost, superb worker amount.
Besides, you're free to mine from his natural: you get income that decreases his potential income, isn't it amazing and brilliant?

Once the contain is broken, just save probes and pressure whenever he expands. You may end up at 3 bases by the time he saturaters his half mined-out nat. The best way to pressure is either 3 Stargate or DT. Morph 1 Archont at his ramp to delay his army.

+ Show Spoiler +

Y SO SERIOUS?


On January 09 2012 08:34 firehand101 wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 09 2012 07:23 CrazyF1r3f0x wrote:
That's pretty cool, but this is the walloff that I use, it's fairly baneling tight if I do say so myself
[image loading]
I usually like to transition to warp prism secret expand into 5star carrier.


haha made me laugh so hard

nice one)
weikor
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Austria580 Posts
January 11 2012 13:16 GMT
#373
Seriously: i actually see some reason for this in Heart of the swarm, when nexi have more than chronoboost to spend their energy on. More Recall More GG
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
January 11 2012 13:25 GMT
#374
I'm so bad at starcraft I honestly don't know if he's trolling or not. T_T
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Adonminus
Profile Joined January 2012
Israel543 Posts
January 11 2012 13:57 GMT
#375
It is indeed a brillant idea, however as a master player, I have some suggestions to make it even more viable. The current weakness of this wall is that you lose some resources as the nexus as positioned a bit far from the minerals, I propose to build the 1st nexus as expansion, then you scout for baneling or roach boosts, if you see one, you immediatly throw a fast 3rd nexus as your wall. This way you are 100% safe from even the most dangerous all ins, when the danger is over, you can use it as your 3rd, giving you a 5-6 min early 3rd as protoss. Such a great advantage can win you the game in most cases.
david0925
Profile Joined September 2010
212 Posts
January 11 2012 14:21 GMT
#376
On January 11 2012 20:46 Elefes wrote:
Didn't read most comments, but IMO OP is wayyy outdated.
A better choise is to wall the zerg in at HIS ramp. It's either at his natural, or at the bottom of main. Nexus, GW (+pylon outside) wall-off, maybe with a cannon or 2.. Zerg will turtle to bust/do a Nydus. At work atm, can't make screenshots, though the build is pretty simple.

That way you grab map control, more expansions, infinite Chronoboost, superb worker amount.
Besides, you're free to mine from his natural: you get income that decreases his potential income, isn't it amazing and brilliant?

Once the contain is broken, just save probes and pressure whenever he expands. You may end up at 3 bases by the time he saturaters his half mined-out nat. The best way to pressure is either 3 Stargate or DT. Morph 1 Archont at his ramp to delay his army.

+ Show Spoiler +

Y SO SERIOUS?


Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 08:34 firehand101 wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 09 2012 07:23 CrazyF1r3f0x wrote:
That's pretty cool, but this is the walloff that I use, it's fairly baneling tight if I do say so myself
[image loading]
I usually like to transition to warp prism secret expand into 5star carrier.


haha made me laugh so hard

nice one)


I'm so doing this on my second account every time against zerg just to piss him off, I don't care if this is trolling.
Sogetsu
Profile Joined July 2011
514 Posts
January 11 2012 14:27 GMT
#377
You can also wall INSIDE your Main at your ramp, and then mass Void Raids, it usually works on lower leagues

Sorry, I couldn't resist that, I just can't... understand this thread, It is not a good idea, it's more like "Stop any try of rush walling and putting cannons, turtle yourself, and gift the map control to your enemy to expand and outmacro you after a fail that should be punished...

The best thing is learn to stop those things scouting better, microing properly, semi wall-ing and get an edge if well executed, not turtling like Bronzie sacrificing Eco while your enemy chase you on macro without pressure
Raptor: "Es hora de salvar a los E-Sports..." http://i3.minus.com/ibtne3liprtByB.png
david0925
Profile Joined September 2010
212 Posts
January 11 2012 14:37 GMT
#378
On January 11 2012 23:27 Sogetsu wrote:
You can also wall INSIDE your Main at your ramp, and then mass Void Raids, it usually works on lower leagues

Sorry, I couldn't resist that, I just can't... understand this thread, It is not a good idea, it's more like "Stop any try of rush walling and putting cannons, turtle yourself, and gift the map control to your enemy to expand and outmacro you after a fail that should be punished...

The best thing is learn to stop those things scouting better, microing properly, semi wall-ing and get an edge if well executed, not turtling like Bronzie sacrificing Eco while your enemy chase you on macro without pressure



Y SO SRS

User was warned for this post
Sogetsu
Profile Joined July 2011
514 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 15:35:46
January 11 2012 14:59 GMT
#379
On January 11 2012 23:37 david0925 wrote:
Y SO SRS


Why are you so Troll? =/
This are not the Battle Net Forums sir
Raptor: "Es hora de salvar a los E-Sports..." http://i3.minus.com/ibtne3liprtByB.png
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
January 11 2012 15:19 GMT
#380
Brilliant strategy. I've done it so many times on ladder and i never lost to an all in. Hopefully we see more protoss in GSL doing it
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O175
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 499
ZZZero.O 175
Hyun 93
Dota 2
monkeys_forever391
League of Legends
Doublelift3881
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4301
Liquid`Hasu484
Other Games
summit1g13965
FrodaN1558
JimRising 405
KnowMe239
Livibee197
ViBE86
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick782
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 113
• Adnapsc2 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra992
Other Games
• imaqtpie1081
• Shiphtur559
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 11m
Patches Events
16h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 11m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.