• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:59
CEST 08:59
KST 15:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9308 users

Evil Geniuses Sign JYP - Page 32

Forum Index > SC2 General
697 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
January 01 2012 14:43 GMT
#621
hm after the hype the community created, fueled by a few tweets and a picture of a silhouette this is sort of... anticlimatic.
nevertheless a great pick and the most rational choice considering JYP´s potential and results lately.
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
Markwerf
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands3728 Posts
January 01 2012 14:51 GMT
#622
good stuff. Great for idra and puma to have a good protoss in their midst too. Especially idra needs to train his PvZ
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
January 01 2012 14:54 GMT
#623
On January 01 2012 09:43 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I really wish Korean teams would get more sponsorship so that Korean players don't feel they have to join a foreign team to get foreign exposure.


While I agree with you, I doubt this is an example of that. JYP just didn't have a team at all, and EG had enough money to pick him up, and wanted a good player. So they did.
Dimorgh
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden22 Posts
January 01 2012 16:42 GMT
#624
On December 31 2011 05:33 mememolly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 05:30 GleaM wrote:
xDxDxD <3 EG <3 JYP <3 macro Protoss <3 this move!!!

So let's see... in a Korean style all-kill format...

HuK
DeMusliM
IdrA
JYP
PuMa...

You scared? I am.


of JYP and Puma yeah, not so much the others tbh

I think EG have a great lineup with solid players. I hope they will make more of an impact in team tournaments in 2012 - they certainly have the individual skill to do so. 2011 was totally dominated by Mouzsports outside of Korea in this regard.
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
January 01 2012 16:44 GMT
#625
On January 01 2012 23:54 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 09:43 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I really wish Korean teams would get more sponsorship so that Korean players don't feel they have to join a foreign team to get foreign exposure.


While I agree with you, I doubt this is an example of that. JYP just didn't have a team at all, and EG had enough money to pick him up, and wanted a good player. So they did.

Oh no, this wasn't an example of that at all! That's not what I was trying to imply, JYP simply didn't fit in at TSL and I'm glad he's found a new team.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Malibu Joe
Profile Joined December 2011
10 Posts
January 01 2012 17:41 GMT
#626
GL HF
JonB
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden325 Posts
January 01 2012 17:42 GMT
#627
EG is looking even badass-er now
hacker and programmer - the2me4u on skype
CallousCarter
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom81 Posts
January 01 2012 21:30 GMT
#628
On January 01 2012 23:51 Markwerf wrote:
good stuff. Great for idra and puma to have a good protoss in their midst too. Especially idra needs to train his PvZ


Huk doesn't count?
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
January 01 2012 22:50 GMT
#629
On January 02 2012 01:44 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 23:54 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 01 2012 09:43 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I really wish Korean teams would get more sponsorship so that Korean players don't feel they have to join a foreign team to get foreign exposure.


While I agree with you, I doubt this is an example of that. JYP just didn't have a team at all, and EG had enough money to pick him up, and wanted a good player. So they did.

Oh no, this wasn't an example of that at all! That's not what I was trying to imply, JYP simply didn't fit in at TSL and I'm glad he's found a new team.


Just curious, why wasn't JYP a good fit? It seems like every TSL player that makes a splash in the competitive scene they end up departing from TSL.

IMO, admittingly a superficial one, I think TSL is a dysfunctional team with dysfunctional management and JYP will be much better off being away from that team. Maybe you can shed some light on the situation.

You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
January 01 2012 22:54 GMT
#630
On January 02 2012 07:50 Angelbelow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 01:44 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 01 2012 23:54 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 01 2012 09:43 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I really wish Korean teams would get more sponsorship so that Korean players don't feel they have to join a foreign team to get foreign exposure.


While I agree with you, I doubt this is an example of that. JYP just didn't have a team at all, and EG had enough money to pick him up, and wanted a good player. So they did.

Oh no, this wasn't an example of that at all! That's not what I was trying to imply, JYP simply didn't fit in at TSL and I'm glad he's found a new team.


Just curious, why wasn't JYP a good fit? It seems like every TSL player that makes a splash in the competitive scene they end up departing from TSL.

IMO, admittingly a superficial one, I think TSL is a dysfunctional team with dysfunctional management and JYP will be much better off being away from that team. Maybe you can shed some light on the situation.


JYP and Killer both didn't fit within the newly restructured and very strict practice schedule in the TSL house.
Coach Lee's management of the team is far from dysfunctional, however, a lot of players (see Trickster, Fruitdealer, Clide, JYP, Killer) didn't want to put in the practice time that Coach Lee was beginning to implement, and left for "greener pastures"

It should be noted that JYP is the only player to really improve after leaving the TSL house.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Ravnemesteren
Profile Joined May 2011
224 Posts
January 01 2012 22:56 GMT
#631
On January 02 2012 07:50 Angelbelow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 01:44 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 01 2012 23:54 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 01 2012 09:43 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I really wish Korean teams would get more sponsorship so that Korean players don't feel they have to join a foreign team to get foreign exposure.


While I agree with you, I doubt this is an example of that. JYP just didn't have a team at all, and EG had enough money to pick him up, and wanted a good player. So they did.

Oh no, this wasn't an example of that at all! That's not what I was trying to imply, JYP simply didn't fit in at TSL and I'm glad he's found a new team.


Just curious, why wasn't JYP a good fit? It seems like every TSL player that makes a splash in the competitive scene they end up departing from TSL.

IMO, admittingly a superficial one, I think TSL is a dysfunctional team with dysfunctional management and JYP will be much better off being away from that team. Maybe you can shed some light on the situation.



I have to agree with this. I can't be sure ofcourse, but there seems to be so many problems with that team. There has to be something wrong there. I have to think that the management is doing something wrong.
Elefanto
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland3584 Posts
January 01 2012 22:57 GMT
#632
On January 02 2012 07:54 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 07:50 Angelbelow wrote:
On January 02 2012 01:44 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 01 2012 23:54 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 01 2012 09:43 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I really wish Korean teams would get more sponsorship so that Korean players don't feel they have to join a foreign team to get foreign exposure.


While I agree with you, I doubt this is an example of that. JYP just didn't have a team at all, and EG had enough money to pick him up, and wanted a good player. So they did.

Oh no, this wasn't an example of that at all! That's not what I was trying to imply, JYP simply didn't fit in at TSL and I'm glad he's found a new team.


Just curious, why wasn't JYP a good fit? It seems like every TSL player that makes a splash in the competitive scene they end up departing from TSL.

IMO, admittingly a superficial one, I think TSL is a dysfunctional team with dysfunctional management and JYP will be much better off being away from that team. Maybe you can shed some light on the situation.


JYP and Killer both didn't fit within the newly restructured and very strict practice schedule in the TSL house.
Coach Lee's management of the team is far from dysfunctional, however, a lot of players (see Trickster, Fruitdealer, Clide, JYP, Killer) didn't want to put in the practice time that Coach Lee was beginning to implement, and left for "greener pastures"

It should be noted that JYP is the only player to really improve after leaving the TSL house.


So, Clide switches from TSL to Slayers because he didn't want to put up with the practice time?
Doesn't make sense.

And if i recall correctly, in a news or something, it was stated that JYP / Killer left because they thought they could get more money by joining a foreign team, and someone (i think xeris?not sure though)said that especially Killer demands a hefty salary.
wat
kittensrcute
Profile Joined August 2010
United States617 Posts
January 02 2012 00:31 GMT
#633
Oh wow, great pickup. JYP has shown some great play as of late and should be a great practice partner for the EG members in Korea. EG is gearing up to be quite strong again in 2012 with constant new additions.
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
January 02 2012 00:31 GMT
#634
On January 02 2012 07:57 Elefanto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 07:54 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:50 Angelbelow wrote:
On January 02 2012 01:44 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 01 2012 23:54 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 01 2012 09:43 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I really wish Korean teams would get more sponsorship so that Korean players don't feel they have to join a foreign team to get foreign exposure.


While I agree with you, I doubt this is an example of that. JYP just didn't have a team at all, and EG had enough money to pick him up, and wanted a good player. So they did.

Oh no, this wasn't an example of that at all! That's not what I was trying to imply, JYP simply didn't fit in at TSL and I'm glad he's found a new team.


Just curious, why wasn't JYP a good fit? It seems like every TSL player that makes a splash in the competitive scene they end up departing from TSL.

IMO, admittingly a superficial one, I think TSL is a dysfunctional team with dysfunctional management and JYP will be much better off being away from that team. Maybe you can shed some light on the situation.


JYP and Killer both didn't fit within the newly restructured and very strict practice schedule in the TSL house.
Coach Lee's management of the team is far from dysfunctional, however, a lot of players (see Trickster, Fruitdealer, Clide, JYP, Killer) didn't want to put in the practice time that Coach Lee was beginning to implement, and left for "greener pastures"

It should be noted that JYP is the only player to really improve after leaving the TSL house.


So, Clide switches from TSL to Slayers because he didn't want to put up with the practice time?
Doesn't make sense.

And if i recall correctly, in a news or something, it was stated that JYP / Killer left because they thought they could get more money by joining a foreign team, and someone (i think xeris?not sure though)said that especially Killer demands a hefty salary.

Clide's main reason for the switch to SlayerS was that he wanted to play along-side some of his friends on the team, but the new practice schedule was the impetus that allowed him to make the change.

Again, Killer's salary was also a factor in him leaving TSL, but certainly not the main reason.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Ravnemesteren
Profile Joined May 2011
224 Posts
January 02 2012 01:14 GMT
#635
On January 02 2012 09:31 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 07:57 Elefanto wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:54 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:50 Angelbelow wrote:
On January 02 2012 01:44 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 01 2012 23:54 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 01 2012 09:43 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I really wish Korean teams would get more sponsorship so that Korean players don't feel they have to join a foreign team to get foreign exposure.


While I agree with you, I doubt this is an example of that. JYP just didn't have a team at all, and EG had enough money to pick him up, and wanted a good player. So they did.

Oh no, this wasn't an example of that at all! That's not what I was trying to imply, JYP simply didn't fit in at TSL and I'm glad he's found a new team.


Just curious, why wasn't JYP a good fit? It seems like every TSL player that makes a splash in the competitive scene they end up departing from TSL.

IMO, admittingly a superficial one, I think TSL is a dysfunctional team with dysfunctional management and JYP will be much better off being away from that team. Maybe you can shed some light on the situation.


JYP and Killer both didn't fit within the newly restructured and very strict practice schedule in the TSL house.
Coach Lee's management of the team is far from dysfunctional, however, a lot of players (see Trickster, Fruitdealer, Clide, JYP, Killer) didn't want to put in the practice time that Coach Lee was beginning to implement, and left for "greener pastures"

It should be noted that JYP is the only player to really improve after leaving the TSL house.


So, Clide switches from TSL to Slayers because he didn't want to put up with the practice time?
Doesn't make sense.

And if i recall correctly, in a news or something, it was stated that JYP / Killer left because they thought they could get more money by joining a foreign team, and someone (i think xeris?not sure though)said that especially Killer demands a hefty salary.

Clide's main reason for the switch to SlayerS was that he wanted to play along-side some of his friends on the team, but the new practice schedule was the impetus that allowed him to make the change.

Again, Killer's salary was also a factor in him leaving TSL, but certainly not the main reason.


So first you say they all left because of a strict schedule, but then its not because of it. Then its because of salary, but not really. There is also the issue with players not fitting? It might be I misunderstood you, but I am getting mixed messages here.

Hasn't this been going on for a long time with TSL? They don't seem to be able to hold on to their players, so I get the feeling that they are doing something wrong.
NipponBanzai
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada518 Posts
January 02 2012 01:23 GMT
#636
On January 02 2012 10:14 Ravnemesteren wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 09:31 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:57 Elefanto wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:54 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:50 Angelbelow wrote:
On January 02 2012 01:44 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 01 2012 23:54 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 01 2012 09:43 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I really wish Korean teams would get more sponsorship so that Korean players don't feel they have to join a foreign team to get foreign exposure.


While I agree with you, I doubt this is an example of that. JYP just didn't have a team at all, and EG had enough money to pick him up, and wanted a good player. So they did.

Oh no, this wasn't an example of that at all! That's not what I was trying to imply, JYP simply didn't fit in at TSL and I'm glad he's found a new team.


Just curious, why wasn't JYP a good fit? It seems like every TSL player that makes a splash in the competitive scene they end up departing from TSL.

IMO, admittingly a superficial one, I think TSL is a dysfunctional team with dysfunctional management and JYP will be much better off being away from that team. Maybe you can shed some light on the situation.


JYP and Killer both didn't fit within the newly restructured and very strict practice schedule in the TSL house.
Coach Lee's management of the team is far from dysfunctional, however, a lot of players (see Trickster, Fruitdealer, Clide, JYP, Killer) didn't want to put in the practice time that Coach Lee was beginning to implement, and left for "greener pastures"

It should be noted that JYP is the only player to really improve after leaving the TSL house.


So, Clide switches from TSL to Slayers because he didn't want to put up with the practice time?
Doesn't make sense.

And if i recall correctly, in a news or something, it was stated that JYP / Killer left because they thought they could get more money by joining a foreign team, and someone (i think xeris?not sure though)said that especially Killer demands a hefty salary.

Clide's main reason for the switch to SlayerS was that he wanted to play along-side some of his friends on the team, but the new practice schedule was the impetus that allowed him to make the change.

Again, Killer's salary was also a factor in him leaving TSL, but certainly not the main reason.


So first you say they all left because of a strict schedule, but then its not because of it. Then its because of salary, but not really. There is also the issue with players not fitting? It might be I misunderstood you, but I am getting mixed messages here.

Hasn't this been going on for a long time with TSL? They don't seem to be able to hold on to their players, so I get the feeling that they are doing something wrong.


Did you not read what he said at all? lol.
Ravnemesteren
Profile Joined May 2011
224 Posts
January 02 2012 01:48 GMT
#637
On January 02 2012 10:23 NipponBanzai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 10:14 Ravnemesteren wrote:
On January 02 2012 09:31 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:57 Elefanto wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:54 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:50 Angelbelow wrote:
On January 02 2012 01:44 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 01 2012 23:54 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 01 2012 09:43 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I really wish Korean teams would get more sponsorship so that Korean players don't feel they have to join a foreign team to get foreign exposure.


While I agree with you, I doubt this is an example of that. JYP just didn't have a team at all, and EG had enough money to pick him up, and wanted a good player. So they did.

Oh no, this wasn't an example of that at all! That's not what I was trying to imply, JYP simply didn't fit in at TSL and I'm glad he's found a new team.


Just curious, why wasn't JYP a good fit? It seems like every TSL player that makes a splash in the competitive scene they end up departing from TSL.

IMO, admittingly a superficial one, I think TSL is a dysfunctional team with dysfunctional management and JYP will be much better off being away from that team. Maybe you can shed some light on the situation.


JYP and Killer both didn't fit within the newly restructured and very strict practice schedule in the TSL house.
Coach Lee's management of the team is far from dysfunctional, however, a lot of players (see Trickster, Fruitdealer, Clide, JYP, Killer) didn't want to put in the practice time that Coach Lee was beginning to implement, and left for "greener pastures"

It should be noted that JYP is the only player to really improve after leaving the TSL house.


So, Clide switches from TSL to Slayers because he didn't want to put up with the practice time?
Doesn't make sense.

And if i recall correctly, in a news or something, it was stated that JYP / Killer left because they thought they could get more money by joining a foreign team, and someone (i think xeris?not sure though)said that especially Killer demands a hefty salary.

Clide's main reason for the switch to SlayerS was that he wanted to play along-side some of his friends on the team, but the new practice schedule was the impetus that allowed him to make the change.

Again, Killer's salary was also a factor in him leaving TSL, but certainly not the main reason.


So first you say they all left because of a strict schedule, but then its not because of it. Then its because of salary, but not really. There is also the issue with players not fitting? It might be I misunderstood you, but I am getting mixed messages here.

Hasn't this been going on for a long time with TSL? They don't seem to be able to hold on to their players, so I get the feeling that they are doing something wrong.


Did you not read what he said at all? lol.


I will explain why I get confused. He lists Clide and JYP under the players that left because of training schedule. But then someone points out that they left to SlayerS (joining EG means you have to train at the SlayerS house so JYP also counts here), so it doesnt make any sense that they left because of that. Then he says Clide left because of friends, and that JYP just wasn't a fit (which says nothing). Then its conflicting posts about players leaving because of salary or not. He posts that he wished Korean players would not want to join western teams to get exposure, which would point to JYP leaving because of salary, but then he says he didnt post that in this thread to make that point (Posting it in this thread implies that). Also Killer didnt leave mainly because of salary, but it was one of the reasons?

Do you see my point? Its impossible to pinpoint any reason for why they are leaking players. Thats why some get the feeling that there has to be something that isnt going so well in their team.
Seiferz
Profile Joined May 2011
United States640 Posts
January 02 2012 02:16 GMT
#638
On January 02 2012 10:48 Ravnemesteren wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 10:23 NipponBanzai wrote:
On January 02 2012 10:14 Ravnemesteren wrote:
On January 02 2012 09:31 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:57 Elefanto wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:54 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:50 Angelbelow wrote:
On January 02 2012 01:44 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 01 2012 23:54 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 01 2012 09:43 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I really wish Korean teams would get more sponsorship so that Korean players don't feel they have to join a foreign team to get foreign exposure.


While I agree with you, I doubt this is an example of that. JYP just didn't have a team at all, and EG had enough money to pick him up, and wanted a good player. So they did.

Oh no, this wasn't an example of that at all! That's not what I was trying to imply, JYP simply didn't fit in at TSL and I'm glad he's found a new team.


Just curious, why wasn't JYP a good fit? It seems like every TSL player that makes a splash in the competitive scene they end up departing from TSL.

IMO, admittingly a superficial one, I think TSL is a dysfunctional team with dysfunctional management and JYP will be much better off being away from that team. Maybe you can shed some light on the situation.


JYP and Killer both didn't fit within the newly restructured and very strict practice schedule in the TSL house.
Coach Lee's management of the team is far from dysfunctional, however, a lot of players (see Trickster, Fruitdealer, Clide, JYP, Killer) didn't want to put in the practice time that Coach Lee was beginning to implement, and left for "greener pastures"

It should be noted that JYP is the only player to really improve after leaving the TSL house.


So, Clide switches from TSL to Slayers because he didn't want to put up with the practice time?
Doesn't make sense.

And if i recall correctly, in a news or something, it was stated that JYP / Killer left because they thought they could get more money by joining a foreign team, and someone (i think xeris?not sure though)said that especially Killer demands a hefty salary.

Clide's main reason for the switch to SlayerS was that he wanted to play along-side some of his friends on the team, but the new practice schedule was the impetus that allowed him to make the change.

Again, Killer's salary was also a factor in him leaving TSL, but certainly not the main reason.


So first you say they all left because of a strict schedule, but then its not because of it. Then its because of salary, but not really. There is also the issue with players not fitting? It might be I misunderstood you, but I am getting mixed messages here.

Hasn't this been going on for a long time with TSL? They don't seem to be able to hold on to their players, so I get the feeling that they are doing something wrong.


Did you not read what he said at all? lol.


I will explain why I get confused. He lists Clide and JYP under the players that left because of training schedule. But then someone points out that they left to SlayerS (joining EG means you have to train at the SlayerS house so JYP also counts here), so it doesnt make any sense that they left because of that. Then he says Clide left because of friends, and that JYP just wasn't a fit (which says nothing). Then its conflicting posts about players leaving because of salary or not. He posts that he wished Korean players would not want to join western teams to get exposure, which would point to JYP leaving because of salary, but then he says he didnt post that in this thread to make that point (Posting it in this thread implies that). Also Killer didnt leave mainly because of salary, but it was one of the reasons?

Do you see my point? Its impossible to pinpoint any reason for why they are leaking players. Thats why some get the feeling that there has to be something that isnt going so well in their team.



does it occur to you that slayers may have a less strict practice schedule? they may practice the same amount but they way TSLs coach makes them practice may not agree with certain players. also there may not be a single defining reason. so killer wants more money? he may also dislike the people/the practice/the house/etc. just because he's asking for more money than average from a foreign team doesnt mean his salary was the reason he left.
StrinterN
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark531 Posts
January 02 2012 02:18 GMT
#639
On December 31 2011 05:30 GleaM wrote:
xDxDxD <3 EG <3 JYP <3 macro Protoss <3 this move!!!

So let's see... in a Korean style all-kill format...

HuK
DeMusliM
IdrA
JYP
PuMa...

You scared? I am.

It sure is a beastly lineup!!!
Twitter: @Strintern Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/strintern
iSometric
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
2221 Posts
January 02 2012 02:19 GMT
#640
Just looked as his TVP. What the heck.
strava.com/athletes/zhaodynasty
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 16h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4082
Mong 84
ToSsGirL 71
sorry 51
Noble 9
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King147
Other Games
summit1g8070
WinterStarcraft604
ceh9414
Happy203
Sick157
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2275
League of Legends
• Stunt429
Other Games
• Shiphtur561
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 1m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.