• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:07
CEST 13:07
KST 20:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8810 users

[Nov] TLPD Race Winrate Graphs - Page 32

Forum Index > SC2 General
798 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 40 Next All
shuurai
Profile Joined December 2011
75 Posts
December 08 2011 23:41 GMT
#621
I said it should be considered that - perhaps -- this time the nerfs have gone too far. The major swing in TvP -- unprecedented in its scale, I might add -- lends some credibility to the thesis.
Koreans got Seoul
ZorBa.G
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia279 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 23:50:11
December 08 2011 23:45 GMT
#622
On December 09 2011 08:19 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 07:25 ZorBa.G wrote:
The biggest problem here is;

The skill gap between Wood league and Professional level for Protoss is MUCH smaller then the skill gap for Terran.

What grinds my gears is that Terran is continued with this burden to micro more and more as they keep getting nerfed on Protoss accord.

I think it's obvious what the solution is;

Fix this shit design of a race (Protoss) Blizzard and stop nerfing Terran. The only thing you guys are doing is increasing the skill gap for Terrans whilst minimizing it for Toss.


why is the skill gap for Terrans that big in your opinion? I myself as a mid-high master zerg player have no problem with playing Terran around mid-high diamond level without any micro/multitasking training for them... On the other hand I have huge troubles with forcefielding, my stalker kiting usually always leads to a lot of hull damage and I keep on missing warp ins. So from my personal experiences, I would say that Protoss is way harder to play overall than Terran for me, at least if I'm not doing a plain colossus or gateway allin.
(note this is ONLY personal experience and note that maybe "zerg skills" simply transfer better to "terran skills" than to "protoss skills")


Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 07:25 ZorBa.G wrote:
I'm not getting paid to balance the game out, you are Blizzard. Stop trying to find the easy way out trying to nerf Terran, I think it's time to realize that you really screwed up the Toss race in the first place and it's becoming evident you need to fix it.

EDIT: And who is the Einstein that came up with the idea of warp mechanics? Seriously, doesn't it occur to you that one of the fine aspects of RTS games is the timing of moving your army from your base on foot to your opponents base. It's like you designed this race, then went SHIT we have a big problem here (no one new about before it was released) and said oh well "lets just let these guys teleport in front of the Terran/Zergs base." Smart idea indeed!


Apparently Starcraft 2 is an RTS and apparently there is warp in in it and apparently it is one of the best games out there, for forum posters like you and me probably the best (else we would play and write about something else).
In other great RTS games you will find similar abilities to warp in ("ambush" from C&C generals f.e.), or simply machanics that curcumvent army movement at all (nukes looooooooooooooooooong rang artillery) and even in Starcraft:BW and Starcraft 2 there is another such mechanism that works against such timings: Nydus Network.

So I guess no, those walk out timings are not "one of the fine apects of RTS", but "one of the fine aspects of Race X in game Y".

PS: Even with all of Warp Ins problems, I love the idea behind it... It just makes Protoss feel different from Terran gameplaywise. (each race no has unique production: larva, "normal RTS rally", warp in)


Why is the skill gap that big in my opinion?

- IIRC we have 1 Terran going to Blizzcon so far... MVP.

- Name me some outstanding foreign Terrans atm? The only ones doing well are the top Terrans in GSL jjakji, MVP, fin (ForGG) looks promising. In Korea.

- Look at the general consensus on SC2 forums, I must be imagining things when I see so many Terrans complaining about late game T v P

- In my own experiences where my go to build was a 1 rax fe where I "had" an 80% win rate against Toss until recently with the Protoss who now headbutts their keyboard into the 1 A Chargelot/Archon compositon.... I still have not won 1 single game against Toss yet (in the late game). So I consider myself at 0% win rate. Yes I do win still, however it is only when I go for the all-in builds now.

- It's not just me saying this, browse over the forums more and you will also find pro gamers saying the same thing if at any time you might think what I say lacks credibility.

I can go on for ages with this........

To you next point;

Stalker kiting? Force fielding? really?...... You need to come play Terran..... I'm not going to elaborate on this much further because I think we both know here that what you said is utter bullshit in a fail attempt to rebut.

I urge you to download ANY professional replay of your choice where the Terran engages a Protoss army, check out the apm whilst engaging. You can't tell me there is much difference from a Pro toss player 1 A'ing a chargelot/archon army then a wood leaguer doing the same thing.

Your argument for the whole warp mechanics is pathetic.... it really seems like your trying to grab onto anything here to try and rebut me. Trying to compare nydus network to warp in? Really dude? Come on...




Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 23:46:57
December 08 2011 23:46 GMT
#623
On December 09 2011 08:20 Nazeron wrote:
seems a lot more balanced, wonder how toss went from getting owned in pvt to kicking the shit out of terrans


Double Forge and, in Korea, Calm Before the Storm. That and the EMP nerf i guess.

On topic: 1) for the first time in months, pvt is protoss favoured. It's been consistently terran favoured for what, 8 months now? Calm down before you start yelling ZOMG NURF P.

I also don't buy the whole "BUT TERRAN IS HARDER TO PLAY!" thing. Why would it be so? Is stim kiting really that hard? Queuing a drop to the back of someone's main? Focusing the colossi? Scouting templar vs colossus? Don't take this as an insult, balance whine or whatever, i just geniuinely do not understand why some people think that terran is so much harder because yes.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Cloud9157
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2968 Posts
December 08 2011 23:58 GMT
#624
I've noticed Terrans not dropping anywhere near enough on me (high Diamond Toss).

I really hope Terrans are still dropping. Thats one of the greatest weaknesses of Zealot/Archon. Go after the Shrine/Archives with your .75 attack speed stimmed Marauders. Drop 8 of them and watch the building fall in seconds.
"Are you absolutely sure that armor only affects the health portion of a protoss army??? That doesn't sound right to me. source?" -Some idiot
Muskox
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada87 Posts
December 08 2011 23:58 GMT
#625
...the overall winrates look so balanced...yay!
I accidentally the whole Overseers.
Techno
Profile Joined June 2010
1900 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 00:02:02
December 09 2011 00:00 GMT
#626
On December 09 2011 08:46 Teoita wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 08:20 Nazeron wrote:
seems a lot more balanced, wonder how toss went from getting owned in pvt to kicking the shit out of terrans


Double Forge and, in Korea, Calm Before the Storm. That and the EMP nerf i guess.

On topic: 1) for the first time in months, pvt is protoss favoured. It's been consistently terran favoured for what, 8 months now? Calm down before you start yelling ZOMG NURF P.

I also don't buy the whole "BUT TERRAN IS HARDER TO PLAY!" thing. Why would it be so? Is stim kiting really that hard? Queuing a drop to the back of someone's main? Focusing the colossi? Scouting templar vs colossus? Don't take this as an insult, balance whine or whatever, i just geniuinely do not understand why some people think that terran is so much harder because yes.

Im not gonna say Terran is harder, but stim kiting is actually pretty hard when you have to do it for 40 minutes.

EDIT: To all my Terran brethren: shut the fuck up and take it. Blizzard doesnt read TL anyways so if you wanna bitch go to Bnet.
Hell, its awesome to LOSE to nukes!
Bluerain
Profile Joined April 2010
United States348 Posts
December 09 2011 00:04 GMT
#627
On December 09 2011 08:45 ZorBa.G wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 08:19 Big J wrote:
On December 09 2011 07:25 ZorBa.G wrote:
The biggest problem here is;

The skill gap between Wood league and Professional level for Protoss is MUCH smaller then the skill gap for Terran.

What grinds my gears is that Terran is continued with this burden to micro more and more as they keep getting nerfed on Protoss accord.

I think it's obvious what the solution is;

Fix this shit design of a race (Protoss) Blizzard and stop nerfing Terran. The only thing you guys are doing is increasing the skill gap for Terrans whilst minimizing it for Toss.


why is the skill gap for Terrans that big in your opinion? I myself as a mid-high master zerg player have no problem with playing Terran around mid-high diamond level without any micro/multitasking training for them... On the other hand I have huge troubles with forcefielding, my stalker kiting usually always leads to a lot of hull damage and I keep on missing warp ins. So from my personal experiences, I would say that Protoss is way harder to play overall than Terran for me, at least if I'm not doing a plain colossus or gateway allin.
(note this is ONLY personal experience and note that maybe "zerg skills" simply transfer better to "terran skills" than to "protoss skills")


On December 09 2011 07:25 ZorBa.G wrote:
I'm not getting paid to balance the game out, you are Blizzard. Stop trying to find the easy way out trying to nerf Terran, I think it's time to realize that you really screwed up the Toss race in the first place and it's becoming evident you need to fix it.

EDIT: And who is the Einstein that came up with the idea of warp mechanics? Seriously, doesn't it occur to you that one of the fine aspects of RTS games is the timing of moving your army from your base on foot to your opponents base. It's like you designed this race, then went SHIT we have a big problem here (no one new about before it was released) and said oh well "lets just let these guys teleport in front of the Terran/Zergs base." Smart idea indeed!


Apparently Starcraft 2 is an RTS and apparently there is warp in in it and apparently it is one of the best games out there, for forum posters like you and me probably the best (else we would play and write about something else).
In other great RTS games you will find similar abilities to warp in ("ambush" from C&C generals f.e.), or simply machanics that curcumvent army movement at all (nukes looooooooooooooooooong rang artillery) and even in Starcraft:BW and Starcraft 2 there is another such mechanism that works against such timings: Nydus Network.

So I guess no, those walk out timings are not "one of the fine apects of RTS", but "one of the fine aspects of Race X in game Y".

PS: Even with all of Warp Ins problems, I love the idea behind it... It just makes Protoss feel different from Terran gameplaywise. (each race no has unique production: larva, "normal RTS rally", warp in)


Why is the skill gap that big in my opinion?

- IIRC we have 1 Terran going to Blizzcon so far... MVP.

- Name me some outstanding foreign Terrans atm? The only ones doing well are the top Terrans in GSL jjakji, MVP, fin (ForGG) looks promising. In Korea.

- Look at the general consensus on SC2 forums, I must be imagining things when I see so many Terrans complaining about late game T v P

- In my own experiences where my go to build was a 1 rax fe where I "had" an 80% win rate against Toss until recently with the Protoss who now headbutts their keyboard into the 1 A Chargelot/Archon compositon.... I still have not won 1 single game against Toss yet (in the late game). So I consider myself at 0% win rate. Yes I do win still, however it is only when I go for the all-in builds now.

- It's not just me saying this, browse over the forums more and you will also find pro gamers saying the same thing if at any time you might think what I say lacks credibility.

I can go on for ages with this........

To you next point;

Stalker kiting? Force fielding? really?...... You need to come play Terran..... I'm not going to elaborate on this much further because I think we both know here that what you said is utter bullshit in a fail attempt to rebut.

I urge you to download ANY professional replay of your choice where the Terran engages a Protoss army, check out the apm whilst engaging. You can't tell me there is much difference from a Pro toss player 1 A'ing a chargelot/archon army then a wood leaguer doing the same thing.

Your argument for the whole warp mechanics is pathetic.... it really seems like your trying to grab onto anything here to try and rebut me. Trying to compare nydus network to warp in? Really dude? Come on...






if u cant win any games in the later stages maybe ur macro is to blame.

and ppl talking about a huge swing in protoss favor for PvT means nerf is too much? LOL? it's only a huge swing cus TvP had a 67% win rate and now is losing slightly. same with ZvP, it used to have a rather noticeable Z favor and now its switched too. man some of these T posts are just too hilarious. ur now 46% vs P and ur complaining like crazy but u sure dont mind ur 58% vs Z. and dont even cite the "huge" win rate change because its not that far off from 50%. i guess always being ahead in every matchup has some ppl spoiled.
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 00:06:24
December 09 2011 00:04 GMT
#628
On December 06 2011 23:21 Itsmedudeman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 23:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 06 2011 23:15 eYeball wrote:
On December 06 2011 23:12 Dalavita wrote:
On December 06 2011 23:12 IMPrime wrote:
I'll just say this about toss...

- They suck earlygame
- They're OP lategame

As for what changes should happen, I know suggesting anything will instantly make people flame me, but I don't think anyone can disagree with the above 2 statements.


Protoss doesn't suck earlygame.


Neither is they OP lategame TT


Agreed.

It's never so black and white, and certainly not as exaggerated.

I'm not gonna say they're OP. But I feel the general consensus among both terrans and protoss is that the protoss is much, much more comfortable in the late game when you have all tech paths and upgrades available, and the terran does their best to be aggressive immediately after ghost/medivacs start coming out.

It's pretty obvious. Protoss keeps teching while terrans stop and just work on the same stuff.

I'd love to be able to use higher tech units against protoss, too bad they all suck against protoss. IE Siege Tanks. Thors, Cruisers, hell banshees too. 3/3 Siege Line with Hellions? With Full Energy Ghosts for EMP? Let me a move into your Fortress wall and still have all my units left over alive
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
TheTurk
Profile Joined January 2011
United States732 Posts
December 09 2011 00:05 GMT
#629
ZVT has never ever ever been balanced for Zerg.
Terran has always overpowered it since beta.
No hate, only statistics.
Starcraft is a lifestyle.
Techno
Profile Joined June 2010
1900 Posts
December 09 2011 00:12 GMT
#630
On December 09 2011 09:05 TheTurk wrote:
ZVT has never ever ever been balanced for Zerg.
Terran has always overpowered it since beta.
No hate, only statistics.

52/48 worldwide aint too bad, isnt it?
Sure its worse in Korea, but theres way less Zergs in Korea and its a smaller sample size.
Hell, its awesome to LOSE to nukes!
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 09 2011 00:16 GMT
#631
On December 09 2011 09:05 TheTurk wrote:
ZVT has never ever ever been balanced for Zerg.
Terran has always overpowered it since beta.
No hate, only statistics.


I am going to disagree with you. The only thing I hate about terran is late game ghosts but other then that late game scenario I feel zerg vs terran is very balanced.

Not once in the match up when I am watching 2 top tier players playing do I think "wow nothing zerg could have done to win this game he played perfect but lost". Not once have I thought that. When a zerg loses in zvt I almost always feel the terran player played better and the zerg made mistakes he shouldn't have.

I main zerg and no I am not a terran player I just don't feel this match up is broken at all other then possibly ghosts
When I think of something else, something will go here
Techno
Profile Joined June 2010
1900 Posts
December 09 2011 00:17 GMT
#632
On December 09 2011 09:16 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 09:05 TheTurk wrote:
ZVT has never ever ever been balanced for Zerg.
Terran has always overpowered it since beta.
No hate, only statistics.


I am going to disagree with you. The only thing I hate about terran is late game ghosts but other then that late game scenario I feel zerg vs terran is very balanced.

Not once in the match up when I am watching 2 top tier players playing do I think "wow nothing zerg could have done to win this game he played perfect but lost". Not once have I thought that. When a zerg loses in zvt I almost always feel the terran player played better and the zerg made mistakes he shouldn't have.

I main zerg and no I am not a terran player I just don't feel this match up is broken at all other then possibly ghosts

Does this change your mind about ghosts?
Hell, its awesome to LOSE to nukes!
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
December 09 2011 00:27 GMT
#633
Yep, TvP, favoured towards Protoss as expected.

Waiting for Blizzard to fix this situation we got here.
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
December 09 2011 00:33 GMT
#634
On December 09 2011 09:04 Blasterion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 23:21 Itsmedudeman wrote:
On December 06 2011 23:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 06 2011 23:15 eYeball wrote:
On December 06 2011 23:12 Dalavita wrote:
On December 06 2011 23:12 IMPrime wrote:
I'll just say this about toss...

- They suck earlygame
- They're OP lategame

As for what changes should happen, I know suggesting anything will instantly make people flame me, but I don't think anyone can disagree with the above 2 statements.


Protoss doesn't suck earlygame.


Neither is they OP lategame TT


Agreed.

It's never so black and white, and certainly not as exaggerated.

I'm not gonna say they're OP. But I feel the general consensus among both terrans and protoss is that the protoss is much, much more comfortable in the late game when you have all tech paths and upgrades available, and the terran does their best to be aggressive immediately after ghost/medivacs start coming out.

It's pretty obvious. Protoss keeps teching while terrans stop and just work on the same stuff.

I'd love to be able to use higher tech units against protoss, too bad they all suck against protoss. IE Siege Tanks. Thors, Cruisers, hell banshees too. 3/3 Siege Line with Hellions? With Full Energy Ghosts for EMP? Let me a move into your Fortress wall and still have all my units left over alive


Replacing Vikings with Banshees might definitely be viable. They force out extra Stalkers late game and adds a ton of DPS to the ball without Colo/Chargelots hitting them. I predict Banshees will be the future of late game TvP.
kofman
Profile Joined August 2011
Andorra698 Posts
December 09 2011 00:40 GMT
#635
On December 09 2011 09:33 K3Nyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 09:04 Blasterion wrote:
On December 06 2011 23:21 Itsmedudeman wrote:
On December 06 2011 23:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 06 2011 23:15 eYeball wrote:
On December 06 2011 23:12 Dalavita wrote:
On December 06 2011 23:12 IMPrime wrote:
I'll just say this about toss...

- They suck earlygame
- They're OP lategame

As for what changes should happen, I know suggesting anything will instantly make people flame me, but I don't think anyone can disagree with the above 2 statements.


Protoss doesn't suck earlygame.


Neither is they OP lategame TT


Agreed.

It's never so black and white, and certainly not as exaggerated.

I'm not gonna say they're OP. But I feel the general consensus among both terrans and protoss is that the protoss is much, much more comfortable in the late game when you have all tech paths and upgrades available, and the terran does their best to be aggressive immediately after ghost/medivacs start coming out.

It's pretty obvious. Protoss keeps teching while terrans stop and just work on the same stuff.

I'd love to be able to use higher tech units against protoss, too bad they all suck against protoss. IE Siege Tanks. Thors, Cruisers, hell banshees too. 3/3 Siege Line with Hellions? With Full Energy Ghosts for EMP? Let me a move into your Fortress wall and still have all my units left over alive


Replacing Vikings with Banshees might definitely be viable. They force out extra Stalkers late game and adds a ton of DPS to the ball without Colo/Chargelots hitting them. I predict Banshees will be the future of late game TvP.

I really don't understand this whole "future of the MU" thing. If banshees were so good, why wouldn't people use them now? How are banshees suddenly going to become viable in the future? Its the same as mech in TvT. People 2 months ago were all saying "mech is the future of TvT", but now no one uses mech. Everyone has gone back to bio, the same strategy that people once said was going to become killed by mech. There is nothing to suggest that banshees will become the "future of tvp"
Bashion
Profile Joined February 2011
Cook Islands2612 Posts
December 09 2011 00:43 GMT
#636
On December 09 2011 09:27 Psychobabas wrote:
Yep, TvP, favoured towards Protoss as expected.

Waiting for Blizzard to fix this situation we got here.


And do what? Make protoss win rate almost below 40% again?

For the first time this year, Protoss has a lead and you are already crying. Plus, the difference isnt that big.
I've got moves like Jagger
ZorBa.G
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia279 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 00:44:56
December 09 2011 00:43 GMT
#637
On December 09 2011 09:04 Bluerain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 08:45 ZorBa.G wrote:
On December 09 2011 08:19 Big J wrote:
On December 09 2011 07:25 ZorBa.G wrote:
The biggest problem here is;

The skill gap between Wood league and Professional level for Protoss is MUCH smaller then the skill gap for Terran.

What grinds my gears is that Terran is continued with this burden to micro more and more as they keep getting nerfed on Protoss accord.

I think it's obvious what the solution is;

Fix this shit design of a race (Protoss) Blizzard and stop nerfing Terran. The only thing you guys are doing is increasing the skill gap for Terrans whilst minimizing it for Toss.


why is the skill gap for Terrans that big in your opinion? I myself as a mid-high master zerg player have no problem with playing Terran around mid-high diamond level without any micro/multitasking training for them... On the other hand I have huge troubles with forcefielding, my stalker kiting usually always leads to a lot of hull damage and I keep on missing warp ins. So from my personal experiences, I would say that Protoss is way harder to play overall than Terran for me, at least if I'm not doing a plain colossus or gateway allin.
(note this is ONLY personal experience and note that maybe "zerg skills" simply transfer better to "terran skills" than to "protoss skills")


On December 09 2011 07:25 ZorBa.G wrote:
I'm not getting paid to balance the game out, you are Blizzard. Stop trying to find the easy way out trying to nerf Terran, I think it's time to realize that you really screwed up the Toss race in the first place and it's becoming evident you need to fix it.

EDIT: And who is the Einstein that came up with the idea of warp mechanics? Seriously, doesn't it occur to you that one of the fine aspects of RTS games is the timing of moving your army from your base on foot to your opponents base. It's like you designed this race, then went SHIT we have a big problem here (no one new about before it was released) and said oh well "lets just let these guys teleport in front of the Terran/Zergs base." Smart idea indeed!


Apparently Starcraft 2 is an RTS and apparently there is warp in in it and apparently it is one of the best games out there, for forum posters like you and me probably the best (else we would play and write about something else).
In other great RTS games you will find similar abilities to warp in ("ambush" from C&C generals f.e.), or simply machanics that curcumvent army movement at all (nukes looooooooooooooooooong rang artillery) and even in Starcraft:BW and Starcraft 2 there is another such mechanism that works against such timings: Nydus Network.

So I guess no, those walk out timings are not "one of the fine apects of RTS", but "one of the fine aspects of Race X in game Y".

PS: Even with all of Warp Ins problems, I love the idea behind it... It just makes Protoss feel different from Terran gameplaywise. (each race no has unique production: larva, "normal RTS rally", warp in)


Why is the skill gap that big in my opinion?

- IIRC we have 1 Terran going to Blizzcon so far... MVP.

- Name me some outstanding foreign Terrans atm? The only ones doing well are the top Terrans in GSL jjakji, MVP, fin (ForGG) looks promising. In Korea.

- Look at the general consensus on SC2 forums, I must be imagining things when I see so many Terrans complaining about late game T v P

- In my own experiences where my go to build was a 1 rax fe where I "had" an 80% win rate against Toss until recently with the Protoss who now headbutts their keyboard into the 1 A Chargelot/Archon compositon.... I still have not won 1 single game against Toss yet (in the late game). So I consider myself at 0% win rate. Yes I do win still, however it is only when I go for the all-in builds now.

- It's not just me saying this, browse over the forums more and you will also find pro gamers saying the same thing if at any time you might think what I say lacks credibility.

I can go on for ages with this........

To you next point;

Stalker kiting? Force fielding? really?...... You need to come play Terran..... I'm not going to elaborate on this much further because I think we both know here that what you said is utter bullshit in a fail attempt to rebut.

I urge you to download ANY professional replay of your choice where the Terran engages a Protoss army, check out the apm whilst engaging. You can't tell me there is much difference from a Pro toss player 1 A'ing a chargelot/archon army then a wood leaguer doing the same thing.

Your argument for the whole warp mechanics is pathetic.... it really seems like your trying to grab onto anything here to try and rebut me. Trying to compare nydus network to warp in? Really dude? Come on...






if u cant win any games in the later stages maybe ur macro is to blame.

and ppl talking about a huge swing in protoss favor for PvT means nerf is too much? LOL? it's only a huge swing cus TvP had a 67% win rate and now is losing slightly. same with ZvP, it used to have a rather noticeable Z favor and now its switched too. man some of these T posts are just too hilarious. ur now 46% vs P and ur complaining like crazy but u sure dont mind ur 58% vs Z. and dont even cite the "huge" win rate change because its not that far off from 50%. i guess always being ahead in every matchup has some ppl spoiled.


Yeah, I agree my macro isn't the best. But when I'm up by at least 30 supply, have an extra base, no less then 1 upgrade behind I expect better results. Fact is, the reason I lose is because of my micro in these games. It's definately not because of my macro, there are many games where I have been clearly ahead... yet roflstomped by Chargelot/Archon. I'll be honest here, I don't mind one bit that I have to micro my ass off... it's one of the reasons why I play this race. But I don't believe Protoss should practically be given a free pass in the late game.

Is there anyone that has problems with T v Z? I actually thought it was the most balanced MU. Watch the GSL finals where jjakji and leenock couldn't just directly engage each other, they were dancing around the map trying to find every little way of trying to get an advantage. I always thought that's what a balanced MU is meant to be. Maybe I'm mistaken Unlike T v P where there is a main engagement and 1 army comes out disgustingly ahead depending on whos OP for the month. lol.
Bashion
Profile Joined February 2011
Cook Islands2612 Posts
December 09 2011 00:52 GMT
#638
On December 09 2011 08:45 ZorBa.G wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 08:19 Big J wrote:
On December 09 2011 07:25 ZorBa.G wrote:
The biggest problem here is;

The skill gap between Wood league and Professional level for Protoss is MUCH smaller then the skill gap for Terran.

What grinds my gears is that Terran is continued with this burden to micro more and more as they keep getting nerfed on Protoss accord.

I think it's obvious what the solution is;

Fix this shit design of a race (Protoss) Blizzard and stop nerfing Terran. The only thing you guys are doing is increasing the skill gap for Terrans whilst minimizing it for Toss.


why is the skill gap for Terrans that big in your opinion? I myself as a mid-high master zerg player have no problem with playing Terran around mid-high diamond level without any micro/multitasking training for them... On the other hand I have huge troubles with forcefielding, my stalker kiting usually always leads to a lot of hull damage and I keep on missing warp ins. So from my personal experiences, I would say that Protoss is way harder to play overall than Terran for me, at least if I'm not doing a plain colossus or gateway allin.
(note this is ONLY personal experience and note that maybe "zerg skills" simply transfer better to "terran skills" than to "protoss skills")


On December 09 2011 07:25 ZorBa.G wrote:
I'm not getting paid to balance the game out, you are Blizzard. Stop trying to find the easy way out trying to nerf Terran, I think it's time to realize that you really screwed up the Toss race in the first place and it's becoming evident you need to fix it.

EDIT: And who is the Einstein that came up with the idea of warp mechanics? Seriously, doesn't it occur to you that one of the fine aspects of RTS games is the timing of moving your army from your base on foot to your opponents base. It's like you designed this race, then went SHIT we have a big problem here (no one new about before it was released) and said oh well "lets just let these guys teleport in front of the Terran/Zergs base." Smart idea indeed!


Apparently Starcraft 2 is an RTS and apparently there is warp in in it and apparently it is one of the best games out there, for forum posters like you and me probably the best (else we would play and write about something else).
In other great RTS games you will find similar abilities to warp in ("ambush" from C&C generals f.e.), or simply machanics that curcumvent army movement at all (nukes looooooooooooooooooong rang artillery) and even in Starcraft:BW and Starcraft 2 there is another such mechanism that works against such timings: Nydus Network.

So I guess no, those walk out timings are not "one of the fine apects of RTS", but "one of the fine aspects of Race X in game Y".

PS: Even with all of Warp Ins problems, I love the idea behind it... It just makes Protoss feel different from Terran gameplaywise. (each race no has unique production: larva, "normal RTS rally", warp in)


Why is the skill gap that big in my opinion?

- IIRC we have 1 Terran going to Blizzcon so far... MVP.

- Name me some outstanding foreign Terrans atm? The only ones doing well are the top Terrans in GSL jjakji, MVP, fin (ForGG) looks promising. In Korea.



What about Major and Select?
If your post refers to Blizzard cup, MMA is going to.

Now, name an outstanding Protoss. Hero? Maybe, but he wasnt able to qualify to code s. Maybe Oz, but Jjakji beat him.
I've got moves like Jagger
Cloud9157
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2968 Posts
December 09 2011 01:11 GMT
#639
On December 09 2011 08:45 ZorBa.G wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 08:19 Big J wrote:
On December 09 2011 07:25 ZorBa.G wrote:
The biggest problem here is;

The skill gap between Wood league and Professional level for Protoss is MUCH smaller then the skill gap for Terran.

What grinds my gears is that Terran is continued with this burden to micro more and more as they keep getting nerfed on Protoss accord.

I think it's obvious what the solution is;

Fix this shit design of a race (Protoss) Blizzard and stop nerfing Terran. The only thing you guys are doing is increasing the skill gap for Terrans whilst minimizing it for Toss.


why is the skill gap for Terrans that big in your opinion? I myself as a mid-high master zerg player have no problem with playing Terran around mid-high diamond level without any micro/multitasking training for them... On the other hand I have huge troubles with forcefielding, my stalker kiting usually always leads to a lot of hull damage and I keep on missing warp ins. So from my personal experiences, I would say that Protoss is way harder to play overall than Terran for me, at least if I'm not doing a plain colossus or gateway allin.
(note this is ONLY personal experience and note that maybe "zerg skills" simply transfer better to "terran skills" than to "protoss skills")


On December 09 2011 07:25 ZorBa.G wrote:
I'm not getting paid to balance the game out, you are Blizzard. Stop trying to find the easy way out trying to nerf Terran, I think it's time to realize that you really screwed up the Toss race in the first place and it's becoming evident you need to fix it.

EDIT: And who is the Einstein that came up with the idea of warp mechanics? Seriously, doesn't it occur to you that one of the fine aspects of RTS games is the timing of moving your army from your base on foot to your opponents base. It's like you designed this race, then went SHIT we have a big problem here (no one new about before it was released) and said oh well "lets just let these guys teleport in front of the Terran/Zergs base." Smart idea indeed!


Apparently Starcraft 2 is an RTS and apparently there is warp in in it and apparently it is one of the best games out there, for forum posters like you and me probably the best (else we would play and write about something else).
In other great RTS games you will find similar abilities to warp in ("ambush" from C&C generals f.e.), or simply machanics that curcumvent army movement at all (nukes looooooooooooooooooong rang artillery) and even in Starcraft:BW and Starcraft 2 there is another such mechanism that works against such timings: Nydus Network.

So I guess no, those walk out timings are not "one of the fine apects of RTS", but "one of the fine aspects of Race X in game Y".

PS: Even with all of Warp Ins problems, I love the idea behind it... It just makes Protoss feel different from Terran gameplaywise. (each race no has unique production: larva, "normal RTS rally", warp in)


Why is the skill gap that big in my opinion?

- IIRC we have 1 Terran going to Blizzcon so far... MVP.

- Name me some outstanding foreign Terrans atm? The only ones doing well are the top Terrans in GSL jjakji, MVP, fin (ForGG) looks promising. In Korea.

- Look at the general consensus on SC2 forums, I must be imagining things when I see so many Terrans complaining about late game T v P


An outstanding foreign Terran? Demuslim and Thorzain are 2 that come to mind, Jinro is still hanging around as well.

But see, you're WAY late with that. I've been saying ever since HSC3 that foreign Terrans (as a whole) are not that good and need to step their game up. Keep in mind this is when Terran still had the edge over Protoss, so I don't get how your point gets to transfer to now when it was STILL happening back then.

"Are you absolutely sure that armor only affects the health portion of a protoss army??? That doesn't sound right to me. source?" -Some idiot
kofman
Profile Joined August 2011
Andorra698 Posts
December 09 2011 01:23 GMT
#640
On December 09 2011 10:11 Cloud9157 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 08:45 ZorBa.G wrote:
On December 09 2011 08:19 Big J wrote:
On December 09 2011 07:25 ZorBa.G wrote:
The biggest problem here is;

The skill gap between Wood league and Professional level for Protoss is MUCH smaller then the skill gap for Terran.

What grinds my gears is that Terran is continued with this burden to micro more and more as they keep getting nerfed on Protoss accord.

I think it's obvious what the solution is;

Fix this shit design of a race (Protoss) Blizzard and stop nerfing Terran. The only thing you guys are doing is increasing the skill gap for Terrans whilst minimizing it for Toss.


why is the skill gap for Terrans that big in your opinion? I myself as a mid-high master zerg player have no problem with playing Terran around mid-high diamond level without any micro/multitasking training for them... On the other hand I have huge troubles with forcefielding, my stalker kiting usually always leads to a lot of hull damage and I keep on missing warp ins. So from my personal experiences, I would say that Protoss is way harder to play overall than Terran for me, at least if I'm not doing a plain colossus or gateway allin.
(note this is ONLY personal experience and note that maybe "zerg skills" simply transfer better to "terran skills" than to "protoss skills")


On December 09 2011 07:25 ZorBa.G wrote:
I'm not getting paid to balance the game out, you are Blizzard. Stop trying to find the easy way out trying to nerf Terran, I think it's time to realize that you really screwed up the Toss race in the first place and it's becoming evident you need to fix it.

EDIT: And who is the Einstein that came up with the idea of warp mechanics? Seriously, doesn't it occur to you that one of the fine aspects of RTS games is the timing of moving your army from your base on foot to your opponents base. It's like you designed this race, then went SHIT we have a big problem here (no one new about before it was released) and said oh well "lets just let these guys teleport in front of the Terran/Zergs base." Smart idea indeed!


Apparently Starcraft 2 is an RTS and apparently there is warp in in it and apparently it is one of the best games out there, for forum posters like you and me probably the best (else we would play and write about something else).
In other great RTS games you will find similar abilities to warp in ("ambush" from C&C generals f.e.), or simply machanics that curcumvent army movement at all (nukes looooooooooooooooooong rang artillery) and even in Starcraft:BW and Starcraft 2 there is another such mechanism that works against such timings: Nydus Network.

So I guess no, those walk out timings are not "one of the fine apects of RTS", but "one of the fine aspects of Race X in game Y".

PS: Even with all of Warp Ins problems, I love the idea behind it... It just makes Protoss feel different from Terran gameplaywise. (each race no has unique production: larva, "normal RTS rally", warp in)


Why is the skill gap that big in my opinion?

- IIRC we have 1 Terran going to Blizzcon so far... MVP.

- Name me some outstanding foreign Terrans atm? The only ones doing well are the top Terrans in GSL jjakji, MVP, fin (ForGG) looks promising. In Korea.

- Look at the general consensus on SC2 forums, I must be imagining things when I see so many Terrans complaining about late game T v P


An outstanding foreign Terran? Demuslim and Thorzain are 2 that come to mind, Jinro is still hanging around as well.

But see, you're WAY late with that. I've been saying ever since HSC3 that foreign Terrans (as a whole) are not that good and need to step their game up. Keep in mind this is when Terran still had the edge over Protoss, so I don't get how your point gets to transfer to now when it was STILL happening back then.


Demuslim hasn't won anything, and the only success that thorzain has had was in tsl. Jinro has been abscent for half a year now.

I agree with you, foriegn terrans arent as good as foriegn zergs or protosses.
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 16942
StarCastTV_EN387
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs PercivalLIVE!
TBD vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings92
CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko161
ProTech36
OGKoka 34
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 11787
Jaedong 5816
EffOrt 2850
BeSt 1239
actioN 879
Killer 667
Soma 605
ZerO 513
Horang2 493
Pusan 470
[ Show more ]
Zeus 260
Stork 225
Rush 178
JYJ 161
Barracks 121
Mong 55
ToSsGirL 53
HiyA 47
Terrorterran 32
Bale 32
Sexy 31
Sharp 24
Shinee 22
sorry 18
NaDa 18
Sacsri 11
JulyZerg 10
Noble 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5183
XaKoH 429
Dendi5
League of Legends
Reynor47
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2326
crisheroes2319
Other Games
gofns63093
singsing1432
olofmeister1288
byalli598
Livibee201
Pyrionflax142
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick539
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream364
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 254
StarCraft 2
WardiTV46
Other Games
BasetradeTV1
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1941
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 53m
Kung Fu Cup
23h 53m
The PondCast
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.