• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:19
CEST 21:19
KST 04:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9063 users

Season 2 of NASL Had a Stronger Field - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
jj33
Profile Joined April 2011
802 Posts
November 30 2011 17:20 GMT
#41
On November 30 2011 21:14 Jakkerr wrote:
I enjoyed season2 way more.
When I see 2 koreans playing I couldn't care less who wins, there is no storyline for me.
But with 'foreigners' it's far more enjoyable too watch, and tbh the level of foreigners is getting really close to korea.
Such tournaments only help to improve that because the players can get more motivated.
They can fight koreans at the other 5milllion lans out there.

edit: Well I guess the chances of Puma or Hero winning are still pretty damn high ^^



Storyline? Oh there is a storyline for you watching say Sen vs Naniwa? All because they are non korean huh?

what a dumb statement.

Gap is really close now you say? not even close.

zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
November 30 2011 17:23 GMT
#42
On December 01 2011 02:20 jj33 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2011 21:14 Jakkerr wrote:
I enjoyed season2 way more.
When I see 2 koreans playing I couldn't care less who wins, there is no storyline for me.
But with 'foreigners' it's far more enjoyable too watch, and tbh the level of foreigners is getting really close to korea.
Such tournaments only help to improve that because the players can get more motivated.
They can fight koreans at the other 5milllion lans out there.

edit: Well I guess the chances of Puma or Hero winning are still pretty damn high ^^



Storyline? Oh there is a storyline for you watching say Sen vs Naniwa? All because they are non korean huh?

what a dumb statement.

Gap is really close now you say? not even close.


After examining the statistics and evidence that you supplied with your compelling, elaborate argument, I am forced to agree, obviously.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
jj33
Profile Joined April 2011
802 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-30 17:27:59
November 30 2011 17:26 GMT
#43
On December 01 2011 02:23 zarepath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 02:20 jj33 wrote:
On November 30 2011 21:14 Jakkerr wrote:
I enjoyed season2 way more.
When I see 2 koreans playing I couldn't care less who wins, there is no storyline for me.
But with 'foreigners' it's far more enjoyable too watch, and tbh the level of foreigners is getting really close to korea.
Such tournaments only help to improve that because the players can get more motivated.
They can fight koreans at the other 5milllion lans out there.

edit: Well I guess the chances of Puma or Hero winning are still pretty damn high ^^



Storyline? Oh there is a storyline for you watching say Sen vs Naniwa? All because they are non korean huh?

what a dumb statement.

Gap is really close now you say? not even close.


After examining the statistics and evidence that you supplied with your compelling, elaborate argument, I am forced to agree, obviously.



what statistic would i need to provide for my statement? exacty none.


He said it's more enjoyable watching 2 non koreans play simply because they are non koreans.

that makes alot of sense huh?

Yea I'll take watching say puma vs hero anyday over two much lesser skilled non korean players.

I don't need statistic to say the gap isn't closing. Look at the results all around. Look at last MLG, look at last dreamhack.

Yea sure some foreigners have won some tournaments this past month, that's inevitable, but that doesn't mean the gap is closing and those foreigners that can take games away from koreans are very very few. Only a handful.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
November 30 2011 17:30 GMT
#44
On December 01 2011 02:26 jj33 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 02:23 zarepath wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:20 jj33 wrote:
On November 30 2011 21:14 Jakkerr wrote:
I enjoyed season2 way more.
When I see 2 koreans playing I couldn't care less who wins, there is no storyline for me.
But with 'foreigners' it's far more enjoyable too watch, and tbh the level of foreigners is getting really close to korea.
Such tournaments only help to improve that because the players can get more motivated.
They can fight koreans at the other 5milllion lans out there.

edit: Well I guess the chances of Puma or Hero winning are still pretty damn high ^^



Storyline? Oh there is a storyline for you watching say Sen vs Naniwa? All because they are non korean huh?

what a dumb statement.

Gap is really close now you say? not even close.


After examining the statistics and evidence that you supplied with your compelling, elaborate argument, I am forced to agree, obviously.



what statistic would i need to provide for my statement? exacty none.


He said it's more enjoyable watching 2 non koreans play simply because they are non koreans.

that makes alot of sense huh?

Yea I'll take watching say puma vs hero anyday over two much lesser skilled non korean players.

I don't need statistic to say the gap isn't closing. Look at the results all around. Look at last MLG, look at last dreamhack.

Yea sure some foreigners have won some tournaments this past month, that's inevitable, but that doesn't mean the gap is closing and those foreigners that can take games away from koreans are very very few. Only a handful.

And aside from Stephano almost all (or all?) of them got good by training lots of time in Korea. I agree with you, although i don't mind watching foreigners sometimes and although i didn't watch any of the NASL season i probably will watch the finals if i find the time.
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
November 30 2011 17:34 GMT
#45
Whats your point? What the hell does EG have to do with NASL?

You don't know what your talking about, you cant base all these accusations off such little data. Do you know how many tournaments you bomb before you are successful? Do you know how hard it is when every single opponent is very feared by everyone.

Personally I'm glad the Koreans are gone, I'd enjoy watching some foreigners play. I already see the Kor's play enough as it is.
ishboh
Profile Joined October 2010
United States954 Posts
November 30 2011 17:37 GMT
#46
a lot of the people in the second season of the NASL are there because they performed well in the first season, if the players that did badly in the first season were in the second season instead I would think that the win rates would be going up.
awu25
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2003 Posts
November 30 2011 17:38 GMT
#47
Just wondering if you've ever taken a statistics course and if you have, how could you come to a conclusion like this? You basically just said people who returned from season 1 did worse in season 2, therefore the field is stronger in season 2. Maybe the players from season 1 just got weaker? Can you expand on your conclusion so it doesn't seem as ridiculous?
RoboBob
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States798 Posts
November 30 2011 17:38 GMT
#48
Just because EG's "lower tier" isn't doing well, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's *because of* the team house. It just means that their lower tier isn't very good. Dress a monkey in a suit and its still a monkey.

I think it's difficult to deny that both Idra and Demuslim have posted *much* better results after moving into the teamhouse. I'm a big Demuslim fan so I watch his stream a ton, and it's actually quite shocking how much his play has dropped off after being just a month away from the house. And with all the flying around Huk does, I'm sure having a home base in NA is very helpful.

A team house is not going to turn an Axslav or an Incontrol into a tournament winner. But it is going to turn already talented players such as Idra, Huk, Puma, and Demuslim into potential tournament winners.
jj33
Profile Joined April 2011
802 Posts
November 30 2011 17:42 GMT
#49
On December 01 2011 02:30 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 02:26 jj33 wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:23 zarepath wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:20 jj33 wrote:
On November 30 2011 21:14 Jakkerr wrote:
I enjoyed season2 way more.
When I see 2 koreans playing I couldn't care less who wins, there is no storyline for me.
But with 'foreigners' it's far more enjoyable too watch, and tbh the level of foreigners is getting really close to korea.
Such tournaments only help to improve that because the players can get more motivated.
They can fight koreans at the other 5milllion lans out there.

edit: Well I guess the chances of Puma or Hero winning are still pretty damn high ^^



Storyline? Oh there is a storyline for you watching say Sen vs Naniwa? All because they are non korean huh?

what a dumb statement.

Gap is really close now you say? not even close.


After examining the statistics and evidence that you supplied with your compelling, elaborate argument, I am forced to agree, obviously.



what statistic would i need to provide for my statement? exacty none.


He said it's more enjoyable watching 2 non koreans play simply because they are non koreans.

that makes alot of sense huh?

Yea I'll take watching say puma vs hero anyday over two much lesser skilled non korean players.

I don't need statistic to say the gap isn't closing. Look at the results all around. Look at last MLG, look at last dreamhack.

Yea sure some foreigners have won some tournaments this past month, that's inevitable, but that doesn't mean the gap is closing and those foreigners that can take games away from koreans are very very few. Only a handful.

And aside from Stephano almost all (or all?) of them got good by training lots of time in Korea. I agree with you, although i don't mind watching foreigners sometimes and although i didn't watch any of the NASL season i probably will watch the finals if i find the time.



don't get me wrong, I love watching non foreigners play if they are good. like say Sen or naniwa etc

my problem with his statement was that he said 2 koreans playing has no drama....

what does that even mean? So if I watch incontrol vs qxc, there's some inherent drama apparently because they are not korean
ThE_OsToJiY
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada1167 Posts
November 30 2011 17:43 GMT
#50
Most Koreans had lag when they played, so it makes sense that returning players had a worse win% as they aren't playing people with a significant handicap. I don't think you can think much past this.
@ostojiy
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
November 30 2011 17:44 GMT
#51
Hooray for misconstruing statistics to justify a strange statement!
awu25
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2003 Posts
November 30 2011 17:50 GMT
#52
On December 01 2011 02:42 jj33 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 02:30 HolydaKing wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:26 jj33 wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:23 zarepath wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:20 jj33 wrote:
On November 30 2011 21:14 Jakkerr wrote:
I enjoyed season2 way more.
When I see 2 koreans playing I couldn't care less who wins, there is no storyline for me.
But with 'foreigners' it's far more enjoyable too watch, and tbh the level of foreigners is getting really close to korea.
Such tournaments only help to improve that because the players can get more motivated.
They can fight koreans at the other 5milllion lans out there.

edit: Well I guess the chances of Puma or Hero winning are still pretty damn high ^^



Storyline? Oh there is a storyline for you watching say Sen vs Naniwa? All because they are non korean huh?

what a dumb statement.

Gap is really close now you say? not even close.


After examining the statistics and evidence that you supplied with your compelling, elaborate argument, I am forced to agree, obviously.



what statistic would i need to provide for my statement? exacty none.


He said it's more enjoyable watching 2 non koreans play simply because they are non koreans.

that makes alot of sense huh?

Yea I'll take watching say puma vs hero anyday over two much lesser skilled non korean players.

I don't need statistic to say the gap isn't closing. Look at the results all around. Look at last MLG, look at last dreamhack.

Yea sure some foreigners have won some tournaments this past month, that's inevitable, but that doesn't mean the gap is closing and those foreigners that can take games away from koreans are very very few. Only a handful.

And aside from Stephano almost all (or all?) of them got good by training lots of time in Korea. I agree with you, although i don't mind watching foreigners sometimes and although i didn't watch any of the NASL season i probably will watch the finals if i find the time.



don't get me wrong, I love watching non foreigners play if they are good. like say Sen or naniwa etc

my problem with his statement was that he said 2 koreans playing has no drama....

what does that even mean? So if I watch incontrol vs qxc, there's some inherent drama apparently because they are not korean

I also have a problem with his statement. Clearly this guy has never seen any MVP vs Nestea matches. A big rivalry is brewing between them even though they're on the same team. The only foreign "drama" I know about is between Idra and Cruncher, but what else is there? I personally think Koreans have more of a storyline because they've pretty much given up everything to be a progamer and most of them have immense pressure to win. I have yet to see a foreigner cry after winning/losing a big match. I've seen tons of Koreans do it
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
November 30 2011 17:52 GMT
#53
Pretty sick final list, forgot nasl even existed after the whole korean drama pre-season. Hopefully the finals go over well and we get some great games out f it.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
November 30 2011 17:57 GMT
#54
On December 01 2011 02:50 awu25 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 02:42 jj33 wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:30 HolydaKing wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:26 jj33 wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:23 zarepath wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:20 jj33 wrote:
On November 30 2011 21:14 Jakkerr wrote:
I enjoyed season2 way more.
When I see 2 koreans playing I couldn't care less who wins, there is no storyline for me.
But with 'foreigners' it's far more enjoyable too watch, and tbh the level of foreigners is getting really close to korea.
Such tournaments only help to improve that because the players can get more motivated.
They can fight koreans at the other 5milllion lans out there.

edit: Well I guess the chances of Puma or Hero winning are still pretty damn high ^^



Storyline? Oh there is a storyline for you watching say Sen vs Naniwa? All because they are non korean huh?

what a dumb statement.

Gap is really close now you say? not even close.


After examining the statistics and evidence that you supplied with your compelling, elaborate argument, I am forced to agree, obviously.



what statistic would i need to provide for my statement? exacty none.


He said it's more enjoyable watching 2 non koreans play simply because they are non koreans.

that makes alot of sense huh?

Yea I'll take watching say puma vs hero anyday over two much lesser skilled non korean players.

I don't need statistic to say the gap isn't closing. Look at the results all around. Look at last MLG, look at last dreamhack.

Yea sure some foreigners have won some tournaments this past month, that's inevitable, but that doesn't mean the gap is closing and those foreigners that can take games away from koreans are very very few. Only a handful.

And aside from Stephano almost all (or all?) of them got good by training lots of time in Korea. I agree with you, although i don't mind watching foreigners sometimes and although i didn't watch any of the NASL season i probably will watch the finals if i find the time.



don't get me wrong, I love watching non foreigners play if they are good. like say Sen or naniwa etc

my problem with his statement was that he said 2 koreans playing has no drama....

what does that even mean? So if I watch incontrol vs qxc, there's some inherent drama apparently because they are not korean

I also have a problem with his statement. Clearly this guy has never seen any MVP vs Nestea matches. A big rivalry is brewing between them even though they're on the same team. The only foreign "drama" I know about is between Idra and Cruncher, but what else is there? I personally think Koreans have more of a storyline because they've pretty much given up everything to be a progamer and most of them have immense pressure to win. I have yet to see a foreigner cry after winning/losing a big match. I've seen tons of Koreans do it



Some people obviously watch SC2 based on the skin color of the players playing. I don't see why you guys keep giving these people the time of day and replying to them.
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
November 30 2011 18:16 GMT
#55
I watched a lot of season 1 due to the koreans, but watched none of season 2 apart from a few hero games. Don't plan to watch the finals either except for hero's games. I really don't know how NASL is making money or getting any return on this with the low stream numbers, the huge expense they put into the finals event and the large prize pool.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
Corrik
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1416 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-01 13:15:17
December 01 2011 13:15 GMT
#56
On December 01 2011 02:38 awu25 wrote:
Just wondering if you've ever taken a statistics course and if you have, how could you come to a conclusion like this? You basically just said people who returned from season 1 did worse in season 2, therefore the field is stronger in season 2. Maybe the players from season 1 just got weaker? Can you expand on your conclusion so it doesn't seem as ridiculous?


He just didn't take into account that the bottom of the field from Season 1 was removed. If you replayed Season 1 with the players on that list plus the Koreans/Naniwa/Huk/Demuslim, the records of those players on those list obviously trend downwards.
HTODethklok
Profile Joined November 2010
United States221 Posts
December 01 2011 15:11 GMT
#57
I can't comment on all of the players that participated in season 1 and 2 of NASL as I only watch the Zerg games but your stats assume that the players who participated in both seasons stayed as good or got better than they were in season 1 which after watching many of the NASL VODS does not appear to be the case. If you watch the Idra vods in season 2 and then watch the Idra vods in season 1 it would appear Idra has gotten worse at the game in between seasons. His games vs Socke were horrible in season 2 I had to turn them off they were that bad especially because I know he can play so much better. The same goes for Sheth, Sen and Ret. There overall game play was a lot more solid season one than in season two. Remember season 1 when Sen played Mana? Mana pushed out with a decent sized deathball which looked like it would crush sen but with great positioning and micro sen crushed the Mana with one of the most amazing surrounds I've ever seen a Zerg pull off yet in season 2 we see nothing quite as amazing out of Sen. It's as if a lot of the top contenders in season 1 were playing a lot worse in season 2.

Imagine if all of a sudden marineking was horrible at stutter stepping with marines everyone would be like WTF?! Well that's how I feel when I watch NASL season 2 zergs play from the previous performance in season 1.
Guns for show... Knives for a pro HTODethklok.201 NA
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
December 01 2011 15:21 GMT
#58
On December 01 2011 02:57 andrewlt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 02:50 awu25 wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:42 jj33 wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:30 HolydaKing wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:26 jj33 wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:23 zarepath wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:20 jj33 wrote:
On November 30 2011 21:14 Jakkerr wrote:
I enjoyed season2 way more.
When I see 2 koreans playing I couldn't care less who wins, there is no storyline for me.
But with 'foreigners' it's far more enjoyable too watch, and tbh the level of foreigners is getting really close to korea.
Such tournaments only help to improve that because the players can get more motivated.
They can fight koreans at the other 5milllion lans out there.

edit: Well I guess the chances of Puma or Hero winning are still pretty damn high ^^



Storyline? Oh there is a storyline for you watching say Sen vs Naniwa? All because they are non korean huh?

what a dumb statement.

Gap is really close now you say? not even close.


After examining the statistics and evidence that you supplied with your compelling, elaborate argument, I am forced to agree, obviously.



what statistic would i need to provide for my statement? exacty none.


He said it's more enjoyable watching 2 non koreans play simply because they are non koreans.

that makes alot of sense huh?

Yea I'll take watching say puma vs hero anyday over two much lesser skilled non korean players.

I don't need statistic to say the gap isn't closing. Look at the results all around. Look at last MLG, look at last dreamhack.

Yea sure some foreigners have won some tournaments this past month, that's inevitable, but that doesn't mean the gap is closing and those foreigners that can take games away from koreans are very very few. Only a handful.

And aside from Stephano almost all (or all?) of them got good by training lots of time in Korea. I agree with you, although i don't mind watching foreigners sometimes and although i didn't watch any of the NASL season i probably will watch the finals if i find the time.



don't get me wrong, I love watching non foreigners play if they are good. like say Sen or naniwa etc

my problem with his statement was that he said 2 koreans playing has no drama....

what does that even mean? So if I watch incontrol vs qxc, there's some inherent drama apparently because they are not korean

I also have a problem with his statement. Clearly this guy has never seen any MVP vs Nestea matches. A big rivalry is brewing between them even though they're on the same team. The only foreign "drama" I know about is between Idra and Cruncher, but what else is there? I personally think Koreans have more of a storyline because they've pretty much given up everything to be a progamer and most of them have immense pressure to win. I have yet to see a foreigner cry after winning/losing a big match. I've seen tons of Koreans do it



Some people obviously watch SC2 based on the skin color of the players playing. I don't see why you guys keep giving these people the time of day and replying to them.


You don't have to be a racist to prefer watching foreigners play over Koreans.
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
December 01 2011 15:26 GMT
#59
Fail math is fail.

Some people had a good run on season 1. Pretty much only them continued to season 2. Then they did not have a good run.

This does not mean that the competition would be harder.
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
December 01 2011 15:56 GMT
#60
On December 02 2011 00:21 gruff wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 02:57 andrewlt wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:50 awu25 wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:42 jj33 wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:30 HolydaKing wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:26 jj33 wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:23 zarepath wrote:
On December 01 2011 02:20 jj33 wrote:
On November 30 2011 21:14 Jakkerr wrote:
I enjoyed season2 way more.
When I see 2 koreans playing I couldn't care less who wins, there is no storyline for me.
But with 'foreigners' it's far more enjoyable too watch, and tbh the level of foreigners is getting really close to korea.
Such tournaments only help to improve that because the players can get more motivated.
They can fight koreans at the other 5milllion lans out there.

edit: Well I guess the chances of Puma or Hero winning are still pretty damn high ^^



Storyline? Oh there is a storyline for you watching say Sen vs Naniwa? All because they are non korean huh?

what a dumb statement.

Gap is really close now you say? not even close.


After examining the statistics and evidence that you supplied with your compelling, elaborate argument, I am forced to agree, obviously.



what statistic would i need to provide for my statement? exacty none.


He said it's more enjoyable watching 2 non koreans play simply because they are non koreans.

that makes alot of sense huh?

Yea I'll take watching say puma vs hero anyday over two much lesser skilled non korean players.

I don't need statistic to say the gap isn't closing. Look at the results all around. Look at last MLG, look at last dreamhack.

Yea sure some foreigners have won some tournaments this past month, that's inevitable, but that doesn't mean the gap is closing and those foreigners that can take games away from koreans are very very few. Only a handful.

And aside from Stephano almost all (or all?) of them got good by training lots of time in Korea. I agree with you, although i don't mind watching foreigners sometimes and although i didn't watch any of the NASL season i probably will watch the finals if i find the time.



don't get me wrong, I love watching non foreigners play if they are good. like say Sen or naniwa etc

my problem with his statement was that he said 2 koreans playing has no drama....

what does that even mean? So if I watch incontrol vs qxc, there's some inherent drama apparently because they are not korean

I also have a problem with his statement. Clearly this guy has never seen any MVP vs Nestea matches. A big rivalry is brewing between them even though they're on the same team. The only foreign "drama" I know about is between Idra and Cruncher, but what else is there? I personally think Koreans have more of a storyline because they've pretty much given up everything to be a progamer and most of them have immense pressure to win. I have yet to see a foreigner cry after winning/losing a big match. I've seen tons of Koreans do it



Some people obviously watch SC2 based on the skin color of the players playing. I don't see why you guys keep giving these people the time of day and replying to them.


You don't have to be a racist to prefer watching foreigners play over Koreans.

Well its in the same direction tough, just not the same lvl.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 202
ProTech150
JuggernautJason40
CosmosSc2 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20362
Shuttle 720
White-Ra 152
Hyuk 108
Dewaltoss 100
firebathero 69
Trap 50
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 23
Bale 17
[ Show more ]
Rock 15
Dota 2
Gorgc9687
qojqva1490
Counter-Strike
fl0m1493
Fnx 855
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3247
Khaldor1194
crisheroes1120
Liquid`Hasu502
Other Games
summit1g4980
FrodaN1588
XBOCT279
ArmadaUGS185
C9.Mang0128
QueenE63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream62
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH337
• StrangeGG 72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie911
• Shiphtur290
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 41m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 41m
Online Event
15h 41m
FEL
20h 41m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.