• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:29
CEST 13:29
KST 20:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12757 users

1.4.2 Patch Live - Page 51

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 58 Next
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
November 10 2011 08:01 GMT
#1001
On November 10 2011 16:53 tuho12345 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 16:48 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
On November 10 2011 02:42 Brotocol wrote:
On November 10 2011 02:28 teddyoojo wrote:
ye im really looking forward to play terran even more now


Poor you, EMP has the same radius as storm. qq


Yes because Terran and Protoss are the same race.

Well at least Terran can just move out of the storm to take less damage, and not like Protoss isn't able to avoid EMP right?

BALANCE DISCUSSION
Strawmans EVERYWHERE
lalala
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 08:54:10
November 10 2011 08:51 GMT
#1002
Hmm, reduction in upgrade price might make for a slightly better timing push or two? (like some crazy critical timing to get +1 before siege, idk). Doubt it matters much.

Thank goodness for EMP radius nerf. I feel like its fair considering the reduction in ghost price (gas for minerals) in an earlier patch.

Blah, if the toss deathball is so imba, just don't engage it directly. I feel like heavy late-game drop play would be pretty effective to keep the deathball away-- I don't see many toss producing much air lategame, and we're slow as hell. Then again, that just might end with mass air transition trolololol.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
theBlues
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
El Salvador638 Posts
November 10 2011 09:40 GMT
#1003
Just dropped by to inform I got demoted to diamond after losing 8 zvps in a row. Im not blaming the patch but the protoss players seemed amazingly better than the ones I faced last week.
Change a vote, and change the world
Xenorawks
Profile Joined October 2011
158 Posts
November 10 2011 11:27 GMT
#1004
New patch has been great! Don't see many Terrans favoring early ghosts anymore :D Although it's not really a huge difference for the weapons and armor upgrades but I would say the Shield upgrade reduction is awesome.
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
November 10 2011 11:30 GMT
#1005
On November 10 2011 18:40 TheBlueMeaner wrote:
Just dropped by to inform I got demoted to diamond after losing 8 zvps in a row. Im not blaming the patch but the protoss players seemed amazingly better than the ones I faced last week.


That sounds a bit brutal lol
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Cereb
Profile Joined November 2011
Denmark3388 Posts
November 10 2011 11:42 GMT
#1006
On November 10 2011 18:40 TheBlueMeaner wrote:
Just dropped by to inform I got demoted to diamond after losing 8 zvps in a row. Im not blaming the patch but the protoss players seemed amazingly better than the ones I faced last week.



Auch! That is rough! But you're not alone on that...The last sample of 25 games of mine (SC2Gears) gave me a whopping 33 % win rate in zvp


Then again I have always been horrible in that match up no matter how hard I bust my ass of vs toss in practice... ;>
"Until the very very top in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in. The only problem is most people can't work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they don't have a real passion for. -Greg "IdrA" Fields
sontyp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany8 Posts
November 10 2011 11:42 GMT
#1007
well i cant see the point of that patch - as if protoss would reward less from their upgrades which could be the justifying factor here. but they reward more from their upgrades, because their units are supposed to be the strongest in the game. these strongest units upgraded, with chronoboosted upgrades - its just ridicolous.

why the hell does noone on the whole TL site see that toss players have the easy ways to their pleasure, but the other races are not allowed to make any misreading in the game or even mistake of any kind.
sontyp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany8 Posts
November 10 2011 11:46 GMT
#1008
On November 10 2011 17:51 ticklishmusic wrote:
Hmm, reduction in upgrade price might make for a slightly better timing push or two? (like some crazy critical timing to get +1 before siege, idk). Doubt it matters much.

Thank goodness for EMP radius nerf. I feel like its fair considering the reduction in ghost price (gas for minerals) in an earlier patch.

Blah, if the toss deathball is so imba, just don't engage it directly. I feel like heavy late-game drop play would be pretty effective to keep the deathball away-- I don't see many toss producing much air lategame, and we're slow as hell. Then again, that just might end with mass air transition trolololol.



okok, "if the deathball is so imba, just dont engage it directly" <- THIS CANNOT BE THE CASE IN A BALANCED GAME!!! i see u never played other RTS than sc.... otherwise u would know, that a balanced RTS gives every party the option to fight their enemys heads up.
-y0shi-
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany994 Posts
November 10 2011 11:47 GMT
#1009
^Did you ever miss a forcefield by a split second against a move marauder? Did you ever try to read a terran? yeah..
petro1987
Profile Joined May 2009
Brazil374 Posts
November 10 2011 11:48 GMT
#1010
On November 10 2011 09:26 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 09:14 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:08 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:03 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 10 2011 08:57 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 08:51 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:41 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:39 Scufo wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:27 Scufo wrote:
[quote]

Late game Terran OP...am I dreaming? Protoss armies ROLL Terran bio with no micro (except Stim) on either side. Chargelots and Colossus absolutely manhandle Marines and Marauders.

There's a reason Terran tends to be the aggressor in the early and mid game...if you don't hurt a toss you're in for an uphill battle in the lategame...


I think I found your problems.

You're supposed to micro your units. And make ghosts and vikings instead of just tier one units against an entire Protoss deathball.

You're welcome.


My point was, Protoss armies do much better than Terran ones with less-than-superb micro. It's a real problem for Plat-Diamond level players. There's a reason why Terran is the least played race there.


Oh, I thought it was because all the Terrans had already moved up into Code S.

Just kidding, but I feel that the necessary micro for both races is about even, and when Protoss don't hit forcefields or storms, they lose the game just as often as when Terrans don't split their units or cast EMPs. I think it averages out pretty well.

No, the micro is NOT even. Terran has to micro way more, I thought that was common knowledge? Think about it, how much micro do you have to do with a zealot? Or with colossus? Point is you can get away with not microing as protoss. Your units are way more beefy and don't die as quick. A-move zealot/archon is brutal to deal with if you don't have perfect micro.


NineteenSC2 already mentioned multiple necessary micro-moves for Protoss ("ff, gs, storm, feedback, blink, micro zealots, warp in units in the middle of a battle, spread hts & sentries"), which wasn't even all of them (moving colossi back against vikings, warp prism mechanics, etc.), so for you to suggest that Protoss only uses zealots, colossi, and archons (and therefore we only a-move) is ridiculous.

Do you realize that Protoss has far more spells to cast? What does that mean to you?

A lot of Protoss micro comes from the spellcasting aspect. A lot of the Terran micro comes from the splitting of the units (and not much else- just ghosts). Believe me, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt when I say that it probably evens out.

If you think casting ff's or storms is hard micro.... Idk what to say. Spellcasting is probably the easiest micro in the game. And I never see ANY protoss use blink at all vs. terran lmao, so you can just rule that one out completely. Go to darglein's micro trainer and choose the terran one "death ball" or whatever it's called and see for yourself how much harder it is.


The reason you think that spellcasting is easy is because the one spell you cast against Protoss is done instantaneously. And you're probably cloaked at the time.

I find it hilarious that you think anybody can cast forcefields like MC. Try it some time. And try throwing down perfect storms on moving targets too. Let me know how it goes.

I've played protoss before and I know for a fact that you're exaggerating. You really think it's hard to put a storm behind a clump of units? Really? Or make a line of force fields?

Look, I realized I hit a nerve when I called your race easier to micro, and you have to "defend your honor" now, but there's a reason terran is the least played race now. You would think with all the terrans doing well in code S, people would want to play the race because people are obviously having success with it. People that think terran is stim + amove are just the whiny protoss kids that don't realize that only at the tip top level is terran actually good.


Again, you saying that a spell is easy and you doing it easily are two different things. And again, actually throwing down all the forcefields and storms (wait, how do our spellcasters have any energy? is Terran doing something wrong?) as opposed to throwing down EMPs are much harder and take much more time.

You haven't given a single example defending any of your ridiculous claims, whereas plenty of people disagreeing with you have easily refuted your arguments. Maybe once you learn how to play the game, you'll stop whining about your race- which is just silly, considering it's been statistically better at the pro-level than the other two for nearly the entire existence of SC2. But yes, cling on to the fact that Terran isn't played as frequently in the gold league, despite the fact that we've already proven Protoss macro is just as hard (if not harder) and the micro is at least just as demanding. Terran is simply not mechanically overwhelming, compared to Protoss.

Maybe people aren't playing Terran because they don't find it as interesting. Maybe it doesn't suit their playstyle. It may have nothing to do with difficulty. Or maybe they just don't know about the 1-1-1, ghosts, and the fact that you can go all-in with your workers three time a game. Surely even a gold level player can do those things.

Anyways, I'm going to take a break from this thread. It was fun.


Oh God. Where can I start? So you are saying that there are WAY less T on ladder because it doesn't suit their playstyle. Really? Reallly? If by playstyle you mean that it doesn't suit them playing a MORE mechanical demanding race then I agree with you.

You also say that it has been PROVEN that the P macro is just as hard (if not harder) then T macro and the micro is at least just as demanding. I'd love to hear how that was PROVEN seriously.

I also don't get why some P players have to defend this thesis that P is just as mechanical demanding as T. In BW, it was pretty much accepted that T was more mechanical demanding than P and people wouldn't feel like they have to deny this.
Keitzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2509 Posts
November 10 2011 11:50 GMT
#1011
bout time... i wanted that portrait just to show off.... but i'll probably end up keeping my Murloc Marine from last year... feels way cooler
I'm like badass squared | KeitZer.489
tjosan
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden120 Posts
November 10 2011 11:51 GMT
#1012
On November 10 2011 20:46 sontyp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 17:51 ticklishmusic wrote:
Hmm, reduction in upgrade price might make for a slightly better timing push or two? (like some crazy critical timing to get +1 before siege, idk). Doubt it matters much.

Thank goodness for EMP radius nerf. I feel like its fair considering the reduction in ghost price (gas for minerals) in an earlier patch.

Blah, if the toss deathball is so imba, just don't engage it directly. I feel like heavy late-game drop play would be pretty effective to keep the deathball away-- I don't see many toss producing much air lategame, and we're slow as hell. Then again, that just might end with mass air transition trolololol.



okok, "if the deathball is so imba, just dont engage it directly" <- THIS CANNOT BE THE CASE IN A BALANCED GAME!!! i see u never played other RTS than sc.... otherwise u would know, that a balanced RTS gives every party the option to fight their enemys heads up.

What. Why? Is this some divine proclamation I haven't heard about?
The_DarkAngelz
Profile Joined April 2010
Brazil221 Posts
November 10 2011 11:55 GMT
#1013
On November 10 2011 20:42 sontyp wrote:
well i cant see the point of that patch - as if protoss would reward less from their upgrades which could be the justifying factor here. but they reward more from their upgrades, because their units are supposed to be the strongest in the game. these strongest units upgraded, with chronoboosted upgrades - its just ridicolous.

why the hell does noone on the whole TL site see that toss players have the easy ways to their pleasure, but the other races are not allowed to make any misreading in the game or even mistake of any kind.


Do you know that Protoss units are not cost efficient?

that's why keeping them together makes them strong, because splitted they will fall for sure !
rpgalon
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil1069 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 11:58:50
November 10 2011 11:55 GMT
#1014
On November 10 2011 20:48 petro1987 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 09:26 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:14 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:08 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:03 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 10 2011 08:57 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 08:51 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:41 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:39 Scufo wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
[quote]

I think I found your problems.

You're supposed to micro your units. And make ghosts and vikings instead of just tier one units against an entire Protoss deathball.

You're welcome.


My point was, Protoss armies do much better than Terran ones with less-than-superb micro. It's a real problem for Plat-Diamond level players. There's a reason why Terran is the least played race there.


Oh, I thought it was because all the Terrans had already moved up into Code S.

Just kidding, but I feel that the necessary micro for both races is about even, and when Protoss don't hit forcefields or storms, they lose the game just as often as when Terrans don't split their units or cast EMPs. I think it averages out pretty well.

No, the micro is NOT even. Terran has to micro way more, I thought that was common knowledge? Think about it, how much micro do you have to do with a zealot? Or with colossus? Point is you can get away with not microing as protoss. Your units are way more beefy and don't die as quick. A-move zealot/archon is brutal to deal with if you don't have perfect micro.


NineteenSC2 already mentioned multiple necessary micro-moves for Protoss ("ff, gs, storm, feedback, blink, micro zealots, warp in units in the middle of a battle, spread hts & sentries"), which wasn't even all of them (moving colossi back against vikings, warp prism mechanics, etc.), so for you to suggest that Protoss only uses zealots, colossi, and archons (and therefore we only a-move) is ridiculous.

Do you realize that Protoss has far more spells to cast? What does that mean to you?

A lot of Protoss micro comes from the spellcasting aspect. A lot of the Terran micro comes from the splitting of the units (and not much else- just ghosts). Believe me, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt when I say that it probably evens out.

If you think casting ff's or storms is hard micro.... Idk what to say. Spellcasting is probably the easiest micro in the game. And I never see ANY protoss use blink at all vs. terran lmao, so you can just rule that one out completely. Go to darglein's micro trainer and choose the terran one "death ball" or whatever it's called and see for yourself how much harder it is.


The reason you think that spellcasting is easy is because the one spell you cast against Protoss is done instantaneously. And you're probably cloaked at the time.

I find it hilarious that you think anybody can cast forcefields like MC. Try it some time. And try throwing down perfect storms on moving targets too. Let me know how it goes.

I've played protoss before and I know for a fact that you're exaggerating. You really think it's hard to put a storm behind a clump of units? Really? Or make a line of force fields?

Look, I realized I hit a nerve when I called your race easier to micro, and you have to "defend your honor" now, but there's a reason terran is the least played race now. You would think with all the terrans doing well in code S, people would want to play the race because people are obviously having success with it. People that think terran is stim + amove are just the whiny protoss kids that don't realize that only at the tip top level is terran actually good.


Again, you saying that a spell is easy and you doing it easily are two different things. And again, actually throwing down all the forcefields and storms (wait, how do our spellcasters have any energy? is Terran doing something wrong?) as opposed to throwing down EMPs are much harder and take much more time.

You haven't given a single example defending any of your ridiculous claims, whereas plenty of people disagreeing with you have easily refuted your arguments. Maybe once you learn how to play the game, you'll stop whining about your race- which is just silly, considering it's been statistically better at the pro-level than the other two for nearly the entire existence of SC2. But yes, cling on to the fact that Terran isn't played as frequently in the gold league, despite the fact that we've already proven Protoss macro is just as hard (if not harder) and the micro is at least just as demanding. Terran is simply not mechanically overwhelming, compared to Protoss.

Maybe people aren't playing Terran because they don't find it as interesting. Maybe it doesn't suit their playstyle. It may have nothing to do with difficulty. Or maybe they just don't know about the 1-1-1, ghosts, and the fact that you can go all-in with your workers three time a game. Surely even a gold level player can do those things.

Anyways, I'm going to take a break from this thread. It was fun.


Oh God. Where can I start? So you are saying that there are WAY less T on ladder because it doesn't suit their playstyle. Really? Reallly? If by playstyle you mean that it doesn't suit them playing a MORE mechanical demanding race then I agree with you.

You also say that it has been PROVEN that the P macro is just as hard (if not harder) then T macro and the micro is at least just as demanding. I'd love to hear how that was PROVEN seriously.

I also don't get why some P players have to defend this thesis that P is just as mechanical demanding as T. In BW, it was pretty much accepted that T was more mechanical demanding than P and people wouldn't feel like they have to deny this.

I choose P, because the units looks cooler, DT's are badass etc, and I love the P lore. I don't give a shit to how the race is played. maybe there is more people like me, and maybe that is why there is more P in the game than T

yeah, bronze league is full of T, but that can be explained by the campaign.


PS: "I also don't get why some P players have to defend this thesis that P is just as mechanical demanding as T. In BW, it was pretty much accepted that T was more mechanical demanding than P and people wouldn't feel like they have to deny this." the same can be said about terrans and zergs, If I say P is more demanding than T, will you leave it be?
badog
hashaki
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway210 Posts
November 10 2011 12:01 GMT
#1015
On November 10 2011 20:42 sontyp wrote:
well i cant see the point of that patch - as if protoss would reward less from their upgrades which could be the justifying factor here. but they reward more from their upgrades, because their units are supposed to be the strongest in the game. these strongest units upgraded, with chronoboosted upgrades - its just ridicolous.

why the hell does noone on the whole TL site see that toss players have the easy ways to their pleasure, but the other races are not allowed to make any misreading in the game or even mistake of any kind.


Because it's as wrong as it gets. I sure hope you play Terran, because only a Terran can be so blatantly ignorant about T being the most forgiving race in most aspects of this game. And since this is a discussion for another time, I'm gonna leave it at that.

Personally happy to see shield upgrade reduced and EMP nerfed, really undecided about the weapon/armor-upgrades tho, they seemed kinda unecessary to me but guess it's time to wait and see how it pans out.
Life is like animal porn... It's not for everyone
petro1987
Profile Joined May 2009
Brazil374 Posts
November 10 2011 12:01 GMT
#1016
On November 10 2011 20:55 rpgalon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 20:48 petro1987 wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:26 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:14 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:08 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:03 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 10 2011 08:57 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 08:51 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:41 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:39 Scufo wrote:
[quote]

My point was, Protoss armies do much better than Terran ones with less-than-superb micro. It's a real problem for Plat-Diamond level players. There's a reason why Terran is the least played race there.


Oh, I thought it was because all the Terrans had already moved up into Code S.

Just kidding, but I feel that the necessary micro for both races is about even, and when Protoss don't hit forcefields or storms, they lose the game just as often as when Terrans don't split their units or cast EMPs. I think it averages out pretty well.

No, the micro is NOT even. Terran has to micro way more, I thought that was common knowledge? Think about it, how much micro do you have to do with a zealot? Or with colossus? Point is you can get away with not microing as protoss. Your units are way more beefy and don't die as quick. A-move zealot/archon is brutal to deal with if you don't have perfect micro.


NineteenSC2 already mentioned multiple necessary micro-moves for Protoss ("ff, gs, storm, feedback, blink, micro zealots, warp in units in the middle of a battle, spread hts & sentries"), which wasn't even all of them (moving colossi back against vikings, warp prism mechanics, etc.), so for you to suggest that Protoss only uses zealots, colossi, and archons (and therefore we only a-move) is ridiculous.

Do you realize that Protoss has far more spells to cast? What does that mean to you?

A lot of Protoss micro comes from the spellcasting aspect. A lot of the Terran micro comes from the splitting of the units (and not much else- just ghosts). Believe me, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt when I say that it probably evens out.

If you think casting ff's or storms is hard micro.... Idk what to say. Spellcasting is probably the easiest micro in the game. And I never see ANY protoss use blink at all vs. terran lmao, so you can just rule that one out completely. Go to darglein's micro trainer and choose the terran one "death ball" or whatever it's called and see for yourself how much harder it is.


The reason you think that spellcasting is easy is because the one spell you cast against Protoss is done instantaneously. And you're probably cloaked at the time.

I find it hilarious that you think anybody can cast forcefields like MC. Try it some time. And try throwing down perfect storms on moving targets too. Let me know how it goes.

I've played protoss before and I know for a fact that you're exaggerating. You really think it's hard to put a storm behind a clump of units? Really? Or make a line of force fields?

Look, I realized I hit a nerve when I called your race easier to micro, and you have to "defend your honor" now, but there's a reason terran is the least played race now. You would think with all the terrans doing well in code S, people would want to play the race because people are obviously having success with it. People that think terran is stim + amove are just the whiny protoss kids that don't realize that only at the tip top level is terran actually good.


Again, you saying that a spell is easy and you doing it easily are two different things. And again, actually throwing down all the forcefields and storms (wait, how do our spellcasters have any energy? is Terran doing something wrong?) as opposed to throwing down EMPs are much harder and take much more time.

You haven't given a single example defending any of your ridiculous claims, whereas plenty of people disagreeing with you have easily refuted your arguments. Maybe once you learn how to play the game, you'll stop whining about your race- which is just silly, considering it's been statistically better at the pro-level than the other two for nearly the entire existence of SC2. But yes, cling on to the fact that Terran isn't played as frequently in the gold league, despite the fact that we've already proven Protoss macro is just as hard (if not harder) and the micro is at least just as demanding. Terran is simply not mechanically overwhelming, compared to Protoss.

Maybe people aren't playing Terran because they don't find it as interesting. Maybe it doesn't suit their playstyle. It may have nothing to do with difficulty. Or maybe they just don't know about the 1-1-1, ghosts, and the fact that you can go all-in with your workers three time a game. Surely even a gold level player can do those things.

Anyways, I'm going to take a break from this thread. It was fun.


Oh God. Where can I start? So you are saying that there are WAY less T on ladder because it doesn't suit their playstyle. Really? Reallly? If by playstyle you mean that it doesn't suit them playing a MORE mechanical demanding race then I agree with you.

You also say that it has been PROVEN that the P macro is just as hard (if not harder) then T macro and the micro is at least just as demanding. I'd love to hear how that was PROVEN seriously.

I also don't get why some P players have to defend this thesis that P is just as mechanical demanding as T. In BW, it was pretty much accepted that T was more mechanical demanding than P and people wouldn't feel like they have to deny this.

I choose P, because the units looks cooler, DT's are badass etc, and I love the P lore. I don't give a shit to how the race is played. maybe there is more people like me, and maybe that is why there is more P in the game than T

yeah, bronze league is full of T, but that can be explained by the campaign


I get what you're saying. But you also gotta realize that we are talking about a population here. The same way you think DT's are badass someone else may think that Ghosts are badass and the T lore is fun. In the whole population though, It would be likely that these numbers even out.

There's another point. Most people beyond plat (especially diamond-masters) don't really keep playing a race because the lore is fun or because a unit is badass. They like to win. And P being the race that is less mechanical demanding, it just suits them better.
The_DarkAngelz
Profile Joined April 2010
Brazil221 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 12:08:37
November 10 2011 12:05 GMT
#1017
On November 10 2011 20:46 sontyp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 17:51 ticklishmusic wrote:
Hmm, reduction in upgrade price might make for a slightly better timing push or two? (like some crazy critical timing to get +1 before siege, idk). Doubt it matters much.

Thank goodness for EMP radius nerf. I feel like its fair considering the reduction in ghost price (gas for minerals) in an earlier patch.

Blah, if the toss deathball is so imba, just don't engage it directly. I feel like heavy late-game drop play would be pretty effective to keep the deathball away-- I don't see many toss producing much air lategame, and we're slow as hell. Then again, that just might end with mass air transition trolololol.



okok, "if the deathball is so imba, just dont engage it directly" <- THIS CANNOT BE THE CASE IN A BALANCED GAME!!! i see u never played other RTS than sc.... otherwise u would know, that a balanced RTS gives every party the option to fight their enemys heads up.


well, this game is imbalanced, but in a way that actually makes it balanced...let me explain:

Terran can afford to be overagrassive early on but no other race can really be so agressive early aganist terra, because he has the best defencive mechanics early game, actually they can all-in (with a non-all-in method) almost 3 times before actually lose. So you could say that in this way terran is imba.

Zerg has other machanics that makes them imba...like passiviness of other races makes Zerg players DRONE like crazy, and analizing by this way, no other race is so imba as Zerg.

Protoss has developed a pretty good composition late game, with a lot of different units bind together to make them strong. Chargelot, stalker, HT, Colossus, Immortal when protoss can achieve this composition no other enemy composition can face it directly (so thinking by this way, protoss is completely imbalanced late game). But in other hand it becames pretty slow and vunerable aganist multiple attacks.

Exploring each race weakness is the key to leave it balanced.

But using pro-level to balance the game is the key too, omg, there's so many terrans in GSL, most of them does not deserve to be code S.

sigh...
The_DarkAngelz
Profile Joined April 2010
Brazil221 Posts
November 10 2011 12:13 GMT
#1018
On November 10 2011 21:01 petro1987 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 20:55 rpgalon wrote:
On November 10 2011 20:48 petro1987 wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:26 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:14 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:08 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 09:03 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 10 2011 08:57 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 08:51 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:41 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
[quote]

Oh, I thought it was because all the Terrans had already moved up into Code S.

Just kidding, but I feel that the necessary micro for both races is about even, and when Protoss don't hit forcefields or storms, they lose the game just as often as when Terrans don't split their units or cast EMPs. I think it averages out pretty well.

No, the micro is NOT even. Terran has to micro way more, I thought that was common knowledge? Think about it, how much micro do you have to do with a zealot? Or with colossus? Point is you can get away with not microing as protoss. Your units are way more beefy and don't die as quick. A-move zealot/archon is brutal to deal with if you don't have perfect micro.


NineteenSC2 already mentioned multiple necessary micro-moves for Protoss ("ff, gs, storm, feedback, blink, micro zealots, warp in units in the middle of a battle, spread hts & sentries"), which wasn't even all of them (moving colossi back against vikings, warp prism mechanics, etc.), so for you to suggest that Protoss only uses zealots, colossi, and archons (and therefore we only a-move) is ridiculous.

Do you realize that Protoss has far more spells to cast? What does that mean to you?

A lot of Protoss micro comes from the spellcasting aspect. A lot of the Terran micro comes from the splitting of the units (and not much else- just ghosts). Believe me, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt when I say that it probably evens out.

If you think casting ff's or storms is hard micro.... Idk what to say. Spellcasting is probably the easiest micro in the game. And I never see ANY protoss use blink at all vs. terran lmao, so you can just rule that one out completely. Go to darglein's micro trainer and choose the terran one "death ball" or whatever it's called and see for yourself how much harder it is.


The reason you think that spellcasting is easy is because the one spell you cast against Protoss is done instantaneously. And you're probably cloaked at the time.

I find it hilarious that you think anybody can cast forcefields like MC. Try it some time. And try throwing down perfect storms on moving targets too. Let me know how it goes.

I've played protoss before and I know for a fact that you're exaggerating. You really think it's hard to put a storm behind a clump of units? Really? Or make a line of force fields?

Look, I realized I hit a nerve when I called your race easier to micro, and you have to "defend your honor" now, but there's a reason terran is the least played race now. You would think with all the terrans doing well in code S, people would want to play the race because people are obviously having success with it. People that think terran is stim + amove are just the whiny protoss kids that don't realize that only at the tip top level is terran actually good.


Again, you saying that a spell is easy and you doing it easily are two different things. And again, actually throwing down all the forcefields and storms (wait, how do our spellcasters have any energy? is Terran doing something wrong?) as opposed to throwing down EMPs are much harder and take much more time.

You haven't given a single example defending any of your ridiculous claims, whereas plenty of people disagreeing with you have easily refuted your arguments. Maybe once you learn how to play the game, you'll stop whining about your race- which is just silly, considering it's been statistically better at the pro-level than the other two for nearly the entire existence of SC2. But yes, cling on to the fact that Terran isn't played as frequently in the gold league, despite the fact that we've already proven Protoss macro is just as hard (if not harder) and the micro is at least just as demanding. Terran is simply not mechanically overwhelming, compared to Protoss.

Maybe people aren't playing Terran because they don't find it as interesting. Maybe it doesn't suit their playstyle. It may have nothing to do with difficulty. Or maybe they just don't know about the 1-1-1, ghosts, and the fact that you can go all-in with your workers three time a game. Surely even a gold level player can do those things.

Anyways, I'm going to take a break from this thread. It was fun.


Oh God. Where can I start? So you are saying that there are WAY less T on ladder because it doesn't suit their playstyle. Really? Reallly? If by playstyle you mean that it doesn't suit them playing a MORE mechanical demanding race then I agree with you.

You also say that it has been PROVEN that the P macro is just as hard (if not harder) then T macro and the micro is at least just as demanding. I'd love to hear how that was PROVEN seriously.

I also don't get why some P players have to defend this thesis that P is just as mechanical demanding as T. In BW, it was pretty much accepted that T was more mechanical demanding than P and people wouldn't feel like they have to deny this.

I choose P, because the units looks cooler, DT's are badass etc, and I love the P lore. I don't give a shit to how the race is played. maybe there is more people like me, and maybe that is why there is more P in the game than T

yeah, bronze league is full of T, but that can be explained by the campaign


I get what you're saying. But you also gotta realize that we are talking about a population here. The same way you think DT's are badass someone else may think that Ghosts are badass and the T lore is fun. In the whole population though, It would be likely that these numbers even out.

There's another point. Most people beyond plat (especially diamond-masters) don't really keep playing a race because the lore is fun or because a unit is badass. They like to win. And P being the race that is less mechanical demanding, it just suits them better.



That's not quite true, some decisions like building a observer uppon an immortal can cost the game. Protoss is the only race that cannot make builds without knowing what enemy have, because if he does then he is lost !

I've seen my games and a difference of building a probe or not is HUGE to protoss, but is not big deal to Z or T, protoss has to have a pretty good machanics of playin otherwise he will lose. This is even worse in PvP when a single chrono boost actually cost the game. How terran mechanics can be more difficult when a miss forcefield (of ONE SECOND LATE) makes protoss lose a game?
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
November 10 2011 12:14 GMT
#1019
But using pro-level to balance the game is the key too, omg, there's so many terrans in GSL, most of them does not deserve to be code S.

sigh...


That's not true at all. Name me some Code S terrans who don't deserve to be there. The race isn't imbalanced at GSL level, it's just the terran players are so good (which is why they're in Code S) as you can see this season the less good Terrans have dropped down and protoss players are finally picking up their game.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Socke
Profile Joined November 2002
Germany451 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 12:26:28
November 10 2011 12:22 GMT
#1020
i keep reading a bit of these kind of threads from time to time, and seriously: why are ppl saying p has the strongest lategame army when in fact it has the worst? :[
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings97
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko247
ProTech136
SHIN 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20513
Hyuk 1235
Bisu 1019
Shuttle 971
Mind 884
Larva 359
firebathero 317
Soma 234
Mini 217
EffOrt 153
[ Show more ]
Last 126
Leta 119
Zeus 86
ZerO 79
Hm[arnc] 77
Hyun 71
Pusan 67
PianO 39
Sexy 39
sorry 35
Bale 31
ToSsGirL 29
Killer 28
Trap 28
Aegong 23
hero 15
yabsab 14
Noble 12
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Dendi693
XcaliburYe580
XaKoH 445
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1592
Other Games
gofns28087
singsing2399
B2W.Neo739
crisheroes321
OGKoka 157
Happy153
Mew2King135
DeMusliM132
Livibee68
ArmadaUGS61
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream210
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Gemini_19 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7701
League of Legends
• Jankos1545
Other Games
• WagamamaTV164
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 32m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 32m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 32m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.