• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:55
CEST 14:55
KST 21:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9072 users

1.4.2 Patch Live - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 58 Next
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
November 08 2011 03:09 GMT
#221
On November 08 2011 12:07 ZorBa.G wrote:
OK, I must admit that I'm a sad Marine now.

How come Terran doesn't get a powerful unit that we can simply a move with hardly any micro? Zergs get the broodlord, Toss gett the collossi... all in the meantime us Terrans keep getting nerfed and are expected to micro EVEN MORE!

I used to do the 1 rax fe and 2 rax pressure fe builds against Toss.....

I'm debating wether if I should now resort to doing the 1-1-1. If us Terrans keep spamming the 1-1-1 build, we'll just see more continous QQ from other races accusing us Terrans of being imba. I think we should just do the 1 rax fe builds now and hope to god we don't get nerfed even more.

Hang on, what am I saying? No matter what Terran does, we will just keep getting nerfed lol. Screw it, I'm spamming 1-1-1 against every fkn toss now.

I feel sorry for new players that are introduced to the game a couple years from now. It will be like, "Why the fuck do I have to micro so god damn much just to stay even with a toss or zerg army? They can just a move me!" I will reply "Well, back in the day everyone constantly QQ'd about the Terran race and basically blizzard just nerfed it into the ground, so don't bother with Terran.... just go play Toss or Zerg and simply macro a move "

Hasn't everyone been arguing since beta that there isn't enough in SC2 that rewards good micro? Is expecting you to micro really that big a deal?
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
November 08 2011 03:10 GMT
#222
On November 08 2011 12:07 ZorBa.G wrote:
OK, I must admit that I'm a sad Marine now.

How come Terran doesn't get a powerful unit that we can simply a move with hardly any micro? Zergs get the broodlord, Toss gett the collossi... all in the meantime us Terrans keep getting nerfed and are expected to micro EVEN MORE!

I used to do the 1 rax fe and 2 rax pressure fe builds against Toss.....

I'm debating wether if I should now resort to doing the 1-1-1. If us Terrans keep spamming the 1-1-1 build, we'll just see more continous QQ from other races accusing us Terrans of being imba. I think we should just do the 1 rax fe builds now and hope to god we don't get nerfed even more.

Hang on, what am I saying? No matter what Terran does, we will just keep getting nerfed lol. Screw it, I'm spamming 1-1-1 against every fkn toss now.

I feel sorry for new players that are introduced to the game a couple years from now. It will be like, "Why the fuck do I have to micro so god damn much just to stay even with a toss or zerg army? They can just a move me!" I will reply "Well, back in the day everyone constantly QQ'd about the Terran race and basically blizzard just nerfed it into the ground, so don't bother with Terran.... just go play Toss or Zerg and simply macro a move "

dude if you don't like how ur fucking race works, JUST SWITCH

for fuck sake u're not even complaining about balance right now
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
November 08 2011 03:10 GMT
#223
On November 08 2011 12:06 Noro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:04 killerdog wrote:
On the b.net forums a bunch of people have posted pics of their portrait pages where "starcraft master" is the same picture as the master chef zealot thing.

one of the links they give,

here

not sure how reliable that is though, could be fake.


That's what it was pre-patch

Starcraft Master better give me a BoxeR portrait
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
November 08 2011 03:10 GMT
#224
On November 08 2011 12:08 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:06 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:02 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:59 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:57 s3rp wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:55 Snorkle wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:47 Kwanny wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:46 Snorkle wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:36 Eps wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:27 Snorkle wrote:
If the range on emp is still 10 instead of 9 ghosts will still emp templar before they can feedback/storm ghosts... not even mentioning snipe meh.

I still think feedback needs to be same range as snipe (10)


Something is better than nothing though.


Ghosts are meant to be Anti-Caster units, that's what they do.

Do you really think the Templar should be on par with essentially dedicated Anti-Caster Units? And have one of the best AOE spells in the game, And have the option to morph into a Bio-Wrecking ball when their energy is depleted?



In the tvp matchup they are actually the anti-everything protoss makes unit.

So yes, I do think they should be on par.

Storm as best AOE spell in the game is laughable.


Yeah, it's kinda imbalanced, that 1 emp kills tons of zealots.

oh wait.


If you hit 3 zealots with 1 emp you effectively killed a zealot instantly.
If you hit 2 stalkers with an emp you effectively killed a stalker instantly.
If you carpet bomb the entire protoss army in emp's you effectively cut his army in half, instantly.

So yes, in application 1 emp kills tons of zealots.


Thats like saying if i stim i kill 1/4 of my units , total bullcrap. The units will still do damage because they aren't dead unlike Biounits hit by storm , those are actually dead.

marines are dead, marauders are not, and you can still save a few marines from it

you can't dodge EMP, you can just try to stay away from the ghost as long as possible and kill them before they get to ur army


You can still anticipate where he will EMP you and force him to miss, that's what I do vs storm. Oh and you can also spread your units out, that seems like a logical maneuver. Dunno why protoss are having trouble figuring that one out herp derp maybe it's the apm that it takes to actually do it.

yeah he can split his unit but he has to attack at some point right? and that's when SC2 fucks things up, it becomes a goddamn ball again before u reach ur opponent's army, you just have to back a little bit, it's a cute ball again and u EMP all of it

how about you start playing protoss and try dodging EMPs


Now granted I don't play Protoss at a super duper high level, but at Mid Master level I can easily win late game with a simple 1a and doing absolutely nothing all game long but turtling

I can do the same playing terran at mid master level too, so this is totally irrelevent, balance should never be discussed from a mid master standpoint
Avril_Lavigne
Profile Joined April 2010
United States446 Posts
November 08 2011 03:11 GMT
#225
On November 08 2011 12:10 ReignFayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:08 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:06 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:02 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:59 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:57 s3rp wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:55 Snorkle wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:47 Kwanny wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:46 Snorkle wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:36 Eps wrote:
[quote]

Ghosts are meant to be Anti-Caster units, that's what they do.

Do you really think the Templar should be on par with essentially dedicated Anti-Caster Units? And have one of the best AOE spells in the game, And have the option to morph into a Bio-Wrecking ball when their energy is depleted?



In the tvp matchup they are actually the anti-everything protoss makes unit.

So yes, I do think they should be on par.

Storm as best AOE spell in the game is laughable.


Yeah, it's kinda imbalanced, that 1 emp kills tons of zealots.

oh wait.


If you hit 3 zealots with 1 emp you effectively killed a zealot instantly.
If you hit 2 stalkers with an emp you effectively killed a stalker instantly.
If you carpet bomb the entire protoss army in emp's you effectively cut his army in half, instantly.

So yes, in application 1 emp kills tons of zealots.


Thats like saying if i stim i kill 1/4 of my units , total bullcrap. The units will still do damage because they aren't dead unlike Biounits hit by storm , those are actually dead.

marines are dead, marauders are not, and you can still save a few marines from it

you can't dodge EMP, you can just try to stay away from the ghost as long as possible and kill them before they get to ur army


You can still anticipate where he will EMP you and force him to miss, that's what I do vs storm. Oh and you can also spread your units out, that seems like a logical maneuver. Dunno why protoss are having trouble figuring that one out herp derp maybe it's the apm that it takes to actually do it.

yeah he can split his unit but he has to attack at some point right? and that's when SC2 fucks things up, it becomes a goddamn ball again before u reach ur opponent's army, you just have to back a little bit, it's a cute ball again and u EMP all of it

how about you start playing protoss and try dodging EMPs


Now granted I don't play Protoss at a super duper high level, but at Mid Master level I can easily win late game with a simple 1a and doing absolutely nothing all game long but turtling

I can do the same playing terran at mid master level too, so this is totally irrelevent, balance should never be discussed from a mid master standpoint


I disagree with this.
zimz
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States510 Posts
November 08 2011 03:11 GMT
#226
poor trump
zimz
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
November 08 2011 03:12 GMT
#227
On November 08 2011 12:10 ReignFayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:07 ZorBa.G wrote:
OK, I must admit that I'm a sad Marine now.

How come Terran doesn't get a powerful unit that we can simply a move with hardly any micro? Zergs get the broodlord, Toss gett the collossi... all in the meantime us Terrans keep getting nerfed and are expected to micro EVEN MORE!

I used to do the 1 rax fe and 2 rax pressure fe builds against Toss.....

I'm debating wether if I should now resort to doing the 1-1-1. If us Terrans keep spamming the 1-1-1 build, we'll just see more continous QQ from other races accusing us Terrans of being imba. I think we should just do the 1 rax fe builds now and hope to god we don't get nerfed even more.

Hang on, what am I saying? No matter what Terran does, we will just keep getting nerfed lol. Screw it, I'm spamming 1-1-1 against every fkn toss now.

I feel sorry for new players that are introduced to the game a couple years from now. It will be like, "Why the fuck do I have to micro so god damn much just to stay even with a toss or zerg army? They can just a move me!" I will reply "Well, back in the day everyone constantly QQ'd about the Terran race and basically blizzard just nerfed it into the ground, so don't bother with Terran.... just go play Toss or Zerg and simply macro a move "

dude if you don't like how ur fucking race works, JUST SWITCH

for fuck sake u're not even complaining about balance right now


There are some players for example me that absolutely dispise the other races they don't play and don't want to switch ...
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
November 08 2011 03:12 GMT
#228
On November 08 2011 12:11 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:10 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:08 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:06 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:02 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:59 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:57 s3rp wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:55 Snorkle wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:47 Kwanny wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:46 Snorkle wrote:
[quote]


In the tvp matchup they are actually the anti-everything protoss makes unit.

So yes, I do think they should be on par.

Storm as best AOE spell in the game is laughable.


Yeah, it's kinda imbalanced, that 1 emp kills tons of zealots.

oh wait.


If you hit 3 zealots with 1 emp you effectively killed a zealot instantly.
If you hit 2 stalkers with an emp you effectively killed a stalker instantly.
If you carpet bomb the entire protoss army in emp's you effectively cut his army in half, instantly.

So yes, in application 1 emp kills tons of zealots.


Thats like saying if i stim i kill 1/4 of my units , total bullcrap. The units will still do damage because they aren't dead unlike Biounits hit by storm , those are actually dead.

marines are dead, marauders are not, and you can still save a few marines from it

you can't dodge EMP, you can just try to stay away from the ghost as long as possible and kill them before they get to ur army


You can still anticipate where he will EMP you and force him to miss, that's what I do vs storm. Oh and you can also spread your units out, that seems like a logical maneuver. Dunno why protoss are having trouble figuring that one out herp derp maybe it's the apm that it takes to actually do it.

yeah he can split his unit but he has to attack at some point right? and that's when SC2 fucks things up, it becomes a goddamn ball again before u reach ur opponent's army, you just have to back a little bit, it's a cute ball again and u EMP all of it

how about you start playing protoss and try dodging EMPs


Now granted I don't play Protoss at a super duper high level, but at Mid Master level I can easily win late game with a simple 1a and doing absolutely nothing all game long but turtling

I can do the same playing terran at mid master level too, so this is totally irrelevent, balance should never be discussed from a mid master standpoint


I disagree with this.

You disagree with what? that I can A move with terran? or that balance shudn't be discussed from a mid master standpoint?
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
November 08 2011 03:13 GMT
#229
On November 08 2011 12:12 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:10 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:07 ZorBa.G wrote:
OK, I must admit that I'm a sad Marine now.

How come Terran doesn't get a powerful unit that we can simply a move with hardly any micro? Zergs get the broodlord, Toss gett the collossi... all in the meantime us Terrans keep getting nerfed and are expected to micro EVEN MORE!

I used to do the 1 rax fe and 2 rax pressure fe builds against Toss.....

I'm debating wether if I should now resort to doing the 1-1-1. If us Terrans keep spamming the 1-1-1 build, we'll just see more continous QQ from other races accusing us Terrans of being imba. I think we should just do the 1 rax fe builds now and hope to god we don't get nerfed even more.

Hang on, what am I saying? No matter what Terran does, we will just keep getting nerfed lol. Screw it, I'm spamming 1-1-1 against every fkn toss now.

I feel sorry for new players that are introduced to the game a couple years from now. It will be like, "Why the fuck do I have to micro so god damn much just to stay even with a toss or zerg army? They can just a move me!" I will reply "Well, back in the day everyone constantly QQ'd about the Terran race and basically blizzard just nerfed it into the ground, so don't bother with Terran.... just go play Toss or Zerg and simply macro a move "

dude if you don't like how ur fucking race works, JUST SWITCH

for fuck sake u're not even complaining about balance right now


There are some players for example me that absolutely dispise the other races they don't play and don't want to switch ...

then don't fucking complain about ur race mechanics
Quotidian
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1937 Posts
November 08 2011 03:13 GMT
#230
On November 08 2011 11:56 NicolBolas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 11:42 Quotidian wrote:
On November 08 2011 09:49 aksfjh wrote:
Can't believe the EMP nerf made it through as is. Wonder how many Terrans will flee during this patch...


I'll just keep one-base all-ining. It's obviously what Blizzard wants terran players to do, considering that terran has to go for what is basically an early/midgame composition all game long and that factory units are worthless. Oh, and every protoss player with any brains will be doing double forge now, as if that style wasn't ridiculously strong already. Tvp has - since the damage modifier was added on tanks - been a garbage match up, now it's going to be worse. And from what I can tell from twiddling with the HOTS custom stuff, the expansion isn't going to make mech work there either. Fun


I'm trying to understand something, so bear with me.

You're upset that Terrans have to use "an early/midgame composition all game long," which is shorthand for "Barracks units." You lament that "factory units are worthless". OK.

So what exactly is it that you want? It can't be to be able to go for MMM for a while, then transition into Mech. Because the Terran race doesn't work that way. Every Barracks you build for your MMM ball is a Factory you don't have. Every upgrade for your MMM ball is worthless for your eventual transition to Mech.


That kind of transition works fine in tvt and tvz, why shouldn't it work in tvp?

More than any other race, Terrans are hidebound to a single production structure. You have to pick your path and go with it. You can't go 4-rax and then transition into Mech, because those 4-rax and the associated upgrades are now worthless.


look at tvz, it's marine/siege tanks... two upgrade paths. Your dogma isn't actually based in reality.

Which means that what you really want is to be able to use a lategame composition all game long. Why is that any better than "an early/midgame composition all game long?" As long as the composition works, who cares what Tier it is?


notice how I didn't use the word "tier."

mmm + v/g has always felt to me like an army that is not actually supposed to win in a 200 vs 200 fight against protoss, and yet it is somehow the ONLY way to play lategame tvp. It's a flimsy, really shitty army that'll die instantly if you make one small mistake. It's one of the reasons I have a huge problem taking all the protoss whine seriously, because I know that the code S terrans who are able to beat protoss players with lategame ghost play or whatever really are doing a lot of things almost to perfection, just in order to not simply die to the first colossus swipe.

The reason I chose to play terran in the first place, is that I want that big, slow, meticulously positioned siege tank army. I want position to matter, I want good tech switching to matter. Tvp just isn't any of these things.

It seems to me that the problem is the structure of the Terran race. At some point, you become committed to a tech path, and there's nothing you can do except continue to follow it to its inevitable conclusion. You are either going to go with that earlygame composition forever or the lategame one.

It sounds to me like what Terrans need are more StarPort units that can enhance the effectiveness of their "early/midgame composition". Medivacs are a good start, but beefing up the Raven would be a great addendum late-game to give MMM a good kick in the pants.


no, what terran needs is a siege tank that is able to compete in terms of raw damage output with a unit like the colossus. But there are so many things that kill tanks or don't die to tanks in the protoss army. Like Thorzain once said on here.. tanks are worthless once charge is done.
Avril_Lavigne
Profile Joined April 2010
United States446 Posts
November 08 2011 03:14 GMT
#231
Both. You're honestly saying that Terran has to do absolutely nothing but turtle till late game, and 1a a 200 vs 200 army in PvT? okay. The way I see it, passivity favors Protoss more than Terran
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
November 08 2011 03:14 GMT
#232
On November 08 2011 12:13 ReignFayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:12 s3rp wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:10 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:07 ZorBa.G wrote:
OK, I must admit that I'm a sad Marine now.

How come Terran doesn't get a powerful unit that we can simply a move with hardly any micro? Zergs get the broodlord, Toss gett the collossi... all in the meantime us Terrans keep getting nerfed and are expected to micro EVEN MORE!

I used to do the 1 rax fe and 2 rax pressure fe builds against Toss.....

I'm debating wether if I should now resort to doing the 1-1-1. If us Terrans keep spamming the 1-1-1 build, we'll just see more continous QQ from other races accusing us Terrans of being imba. I think we should just do the 1 rax fe builds now and hope to god we don't get nerfed even more.

Hang on, what am I saying? No matter what Terran does, we will just keep getting nerfed lol. Screw it, I'm spamming 1-1-1 against every fkn toss now.

I feel sorry for new players that are introduced to the game a couple years from now. It will be like, "Why the fuck do I have to micro so god damn much just to stay even with a toss or zerg army? They can just a move me!" I will reply "Well, back in the day everyone constantly QQ'd about the Terran race and basically blizzard just nerfed it into the ground, so don't bother with Terran.... just go play Toss or Zerg and simply macro a move "

dude if you don't like how ur fucking race works, JUST SWITCH

for fuck sake u're not even complaining about balance right now


There are some players for example me that absolutely dispise the other races they don't play and don't want to switch ...

then don't fucking complain about ur race mechanics


Why not ? There's plenty wrong with Terran ( and the other 2 races as well ) that need change....
Dommk
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia4865 Posts
November 08 2011 03:14 GMT
#233
On November 08 2011 11:59 NicolBolas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 11:55 Snorkle wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:47 Kwanny wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:46 Snorkle wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:36 Eps wrote:
On November 08 2011 11:27 Snorkle wrote:
If the range on emp is still 10 instead of 9 ghosts will still emp templar before they can feedback/storm ghosts... not even mentioning snipe meh.

I still think feedback needs to be same range as snipe (10)


Something is better than nothing though.


Ghosts are meant to be Anti-Caster units, that's what they do.

Do you really think the Templar should be on par with essentially dedicated Anti-Caster Units? And have one of the best AOE spells in the game, And have the option to morph into a Bio-Wrecking ball when their energy is depleted?



In the tvp matchup they are actually the anti-everything protoss makes unit.

So yes, I do think they should be on par.

Storm as best AOE spell in the game is laughable.


Yeah, it's kinda imbalanced, that 1 emp kills tons of zealots.

oh wait.


If you hit 3 zealots with 1 emp you effectively killed a zealot instantly.
If you hit 2 stalkers with an emp you effectively killed a stalker instantly.
If you carpet bomb the entire protoss army in emp's you effectively cut his army in half, instantly.

So yes, in application 1 emp kills tons of zealots.


... what?

One EMP kills nothing. Those units are still alive. There's no "effectively killed" anything. EMP doesn't kill anything.

Those units still exist. They still have to be shot to die. They can still do damage. There is no way in which you can say that those units are "dead".

While 1 EMP on 3 Zealots may have done sufficient damage to kill a Zealot, you still have three Zealots. They are weaker, but they have not gone anywhere. An EMP'd Stalker can still kill stuff. A Stalker at 1 health can still kill stuff.

No, 1 EMP kills nothing. What kills the army is the EMP plus the followup attack.

So?

Plague didn't kill anything in Broodwar either, are you going to say that spell is inferior to a spell like Psi-Storm too?
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
November 08 2011 03:16 GMT
#234
On November 08 2011 12:14 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:13 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:12 s3rp wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:10 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:07 ZorBa.G wrote:
OK, I must admit that I'm a sad Marine now.

How come Terran doesn't get a powerful unit that we can simply a move with hardly any micro? Zergs get the broodlord, Toss gett the collossi... all in the meantime us Terrans keep getting nerfed and are expected to micro EVEN MORE!

I used to do the 1 rax fe and 2 rax pressure fe builds against Toss.....

I'm debating wether if I should now resort to doing the 1-1-1. If us Terrans keep spamming the 1-1-1 build, we'll just see more continous QQ from other races accusing us Terrans of being imba. I think we should just do the 1 rax fe builds now and hope to god we don't get nerfed even more.

Hang on, what am I saying? No matter what Terran does, we will just keep getting nerfed lol. Screw it, I'm spamming 1-1-1 against every fkn toss now.

I feel sorry for new players that are introduced to the game a couple years from now. It will be like, "Why the fuck do I have to micro so god damn much just to stay even with a toss or zerg army? They can just a move me!" I will reply "Well, back in the day everyone constantly QQ'd about the Terran race and basically blizzard just nerfed it into the ground, so don't bother with Terran.... just go play Toss or Zerg and simply macro a move "

dude if you don't like how ur fucking race works, JUST SWITCH

for fuck sake u're not even complaining about balance right now


There are some players for example me that absolutely dispise the other races they don't play and don't want to switch ...

then don't fucking complain about ur race mechanics


Why not ? There's plenty wrong with Terran ( and the other 2 races as well ) that need change....

oh so you think it's wrong that terran can be the strongest race when used optimally? you think the race should be dumbed down for stupider players to feel better about themselves?
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 03:18:43
November 08 2011 03:16 GMT
#235
On November 08 2011 12:16 ReignFayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:14 s3rp wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:13 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:12 s3rp wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:10 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:07 ZorBa.G wrote:
OK, I must admit that I'm a sad Marine now.

How come Terran doesn't get a powerful unit that we can simply a move with hardly any micro? Zergs get the broodlord, Toss gett the collossi... all in the meantime us Terrans keep getting nerfed and are expected to micro EVEN MORE!

I used to do the 1 rax fe and 2 rax pressure fe builds against Toss.....

I'm debating wether if I should now resort to doing the 1-1-1. If us Terrans keep spamming the 1-1-1 build, we'll just see more continous QQ from other races accusing us Terrans of being imba. I think we should just do the 1 rax fe builds now and hope to god we don't get nerfed even more.

Hang on, what am I saying? No matter what Terran does, we will just keep getting nerfed lol. Screw it, I'm spamming 1-1-1 against every fkn toss now.

I feel sorry for new players that are introduced to the game a couple years from now. It will be like, "Why the fuck do I have to micro so god damn much just to stay even with a toss or zerg army? They can just a move me!" I will reply "Well, back in the day everyone constantly QQ'd about the Terran race and basically blizzard just nerfed it into the ground, so don't bother with Terran.... just go play Toss or Zerg and simply macro a move "

dude if you don't like how ur fucking race works, JUST SWITCH

for fuck sake u're not even complaining about balance right now


There are some players for example me that absolutely dispise the other races they don't play and don't want to switch ...

then don't fucking complain about ur race mechanics


Why not ? There's plenty wrong with Terran ( and the other 2 races as well ) that need change....

oh so you think it's wrong that terran can be the strongest race when used optimally? you think the race should be dumbed down for stupider players to feel better about themselves?


Thats not what i meant ......... . In an ideal game every race had plenty of ways to play that don't put you behind immidiatly , sadly thats not that the case right now. I want freaking variation and not the same shit all the time or you'll probably lose.
Noro
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada991 Posts
November 08 2011 03:17 GMT
#236
On November 08 2011 12:10 Blasterion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:06 Noro wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:04 killerdog wrote:
On the b.net forums a bunch of people have posted pics of their portrait pages where "starcraft master" is the same picture as the master chef zealot thing.

one of the links they give,

here

not sure how reliable that is though, could be fake.


That's what it was pre-patch

Starcraft Master better give me a BoxeR portrait


That would be the sexiest thing in the world
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me.
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
November 08 2011 03:18 GMT
#237
On November 08 2011 12:14 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
Both. You're honestly saying that Terran has to do absolutely nothing but turtle till late game, and 1a a 200 vs 200 army in PvT? okay. The way I see it, passivity favors Protoss more than Terran

yeeaaaah clearly not since people learned to use ghosts properly, this is what all good protosses are complaining about lately, they used to struggle early game kinda and then once it got to late game they could win with a better army, but now good terrans learned how to position their units and just mass EMP to totally rip apart 200/200 toss armies

hopefully this EMP change will balance things out
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
November 08 2011 03:19 GMT
#238
On November 08 2011 12:16 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:16 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:14 s3rp wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:13 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:12 s3rp wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:10 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:07 ZorBa.G wrote:
OK, I must admit that I'm a sad Marine now.

How come Terran doesn't get a powerful unit that we can simply a move with hardly any micro? Zergs get the broodlord, Toss gett the collossi... all in the meantime us Terrans keep getting nerfed and are expected to micro EVEN MORE!

I used to do the 1 rax fe and 2 rax pressure fe builds against Toss.....

I'm debating wether if I should now resort to doing the 1-1-1. If us Terrans keep spamming the 1-1-1 build, we'll just see more continous QQ from other races accusing us Terrans of being imba. I think we should just do the 1 rax fe builds now and hope to god we don't get nerfed even more.

Hang on, what am I saying? No matter what Terran does, we will just keep getting nerfed lol. Screw it, I'm spamming 1-1-1 against every fkn toss now.

I feel sorry for new players that are introduced to the game a couple years from now. It will be like, "Why the fuck do I have to micro so god damn much just to stay even with a toss or zerg army? They can just a move me!" I will reply "Well, back in the day everyone constantly QQ'd about the Terran race and basically blizzard just nerfed it into the ground, so don't bother with Terran.... just go play Toss or Zerg and simply macro a move "

dude if you don't like how ur fucking race works, JUST SWITCH

for fuck sake u're not even complaining about balance right now


There are some players for example me that absolutely dispise the other races they don't play and don't want to switch ...

then don't fucking complain about ur race mechanics


Why not ? There's plenty wrong with Terran ( and the other 2 races as well ) that need change....

oh so you think it's wrong that terran can be the strongest race when used optimally? you think the race should be dumbed down for stupider players to feel better about themselves?


Thats not what i meant ......... . In an ideal game every race had plenty of ways to play that don't put you behind immidiatly , sadly thats not that the case right now. I want freaking variation and not the same shit all the time or you'll probably lose.

so you just want more... options? isn't terran like the race with the most options?
Quotidian
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1937 Posts
November 08 2011 03:19 GMT
#239
On November 08 2011 12:14 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
Both. You're honestly saying that Terran has to do absolutely nothing but turtle till late game, and 1a a 200 vs 200 army in PvT? okay. The way I see it, passivity favors Protoss more than Terran


exactly. And it's the same in tvz. Both zerg and protoss benefit from being left alone - terran gets no benefits from this at all, which is why the have to gain small advantages elsewhere.
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 03:20:55
November 08 2011 03:20 GMT
#240
On November 08 2011 12:13 ReignFayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:12 s3rp wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:10 ReignFayth wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:07 ZorBa.G wrote:
OK, I must admit that I'm a sad Marine now.

How come Terran doesn't get a powerful unit that we can simply a move with hardly any micro? Zergs get the broodlord, Toss gett the collossi... all in the meantime us Terrans keep getting nerfed and are expected to micro EVEN MORE!

I used to do the 1 rax fe and 2 rax pressure fe builds against Toss.....

I'm debating wether if I should now resort to doing the 1-1-1. If us Terrans keep spamming the 1-1-1 build, we'll just see more continous QQ from other races accusing us Terrans of being imba. I think we should just do the 1 rax fe builds now and hope to god we don't get nerfed even more.

Hang on, what am I saying? No matter what Terran does, we will just keep getting nerfed lol. Screw it, I'm spamming 1-1-1 against every fkn toss now.

I feel sorry for new players that are introduced to the game a couple years from now. It will be like, "Why the fuck do I have to micro so god damn much just to stay even with a toss or zerg army? They can just a move me!" I will reply "Well, back in the day everyone constantly QQ'd about the Terran race and basically blizzard just nerfed it into the ground, so don't bother with Terran.... just go play Toss or Zerg and simply macro a move "

dude if you don't like how ur fucking race works, JUST SWITCH

for fuck sake u're not even complaining about balance right now


There are some players for example me that absolutely dispise the other races they don't play and don't want to switch ...

then don't fucking complain about ur race mechanics



Each race in starcraft has its own character/style/lore background. Zerg are the mass swarm which just overruns the enemy, protoss is few in number, but those units are incredibly powerful, they work well when together but suffer when seperated. And terran ar the humans who individually are very weak but use strategy and guerilla tactics mixed with long defensive lines of tanks to beat the enemy. If you want an a-move race then choose the race designed to have a single powerful army. Dont choose the harrasy-defensive race and then whine when you can't use it to do powerful a-move pushes.

Its like me playing protoss and complaining about how i cant take 4 bases at the twelve minute mark then spam units like zerg does... the race just isn't designed to be used like that.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 989
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings251
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
CosmosSc2 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45203
Shuttle 12242
FanTaSy 1441
Hyuk 974
BeSt 492
Horang2 484
EffOrt 253
Stork 221
Last 173
Zeus 145
[ Show more ]
Pusan 132
Soma 94
Mind 87
Killer 86
Hyun 73
ggaemo 67
sorry 67
hero 66
Sea.KH 53
Snow 49
PianO 45
Hm[arnc] 40
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 29
Aegong 26
zelot 19
JYJ 18
NaDa 15
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Noble 9
Dota 2
qojqva1178
Dendi1101
XcaliburYe337
Counter-Strike
fl0m2844
byalli1052
x6flipin319
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu517
Khaldor46
Other Games
gofns36362
B2W.Neo1146
Beastyqt205
Hui .159
Livibee157
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick708
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream61
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2235
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 5m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 5m
Replay Cast
10h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.