• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:26
CEST 05:26
KST 12:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7975 users

Heart of the Swarm Pre-Order - Page 28

Forum Index > SC2 General
733 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 37 Next All
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
March 01 2012 02:32 GMT
#541
:x germans actually had it pretty cheap for a long time, when the euro was so high compared to the dollar, unless you bought your stuff from german stores that is. And WoL came for 40 euro for us because of that, and the price increased when the euro dropped, which was really funny. Sc2 rising to 60 euro.
But yeah ... some games start at 70 euro, so 40 euro for an expansion sounds okay nowadays. Compared to when full games did cost 30 euro and expansions 15 xD.
Anyway if you life in germany, amazon is your best friend, not .de but .co.uk ... unless they are world releases, games are already discounted in the uk, before we get them.

But the general rule is, don't buy your games in germany if you want to save money. And if you want to really save money, know people from the us stationed in germany :x .
RTSDealer
Profile Joined December 2011
286 Posts
March 01 2012 02:38 GMT
#542
Wouldn't recommend pre-ordering a Blizzard game since it takes so long.

Save that money and invest it on something else and when Blizzard makes an official announcement about the final release date, that's the time to pre-order.
rtsdealer.com - I love Dota 2 and Starcraft 2
KicKDoG
Profile Joined December 2003
Sweden765 Posts
March 01 2012 02:39 GMT
#543
I pre-ordered this expansion! hope everything is fine and no complications.
http://www.twitter.com/KicKDoG_LoL baylife plox?
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
March 01 2012 02:49 GMT
#544
On March 01 2012 11:38 RTSDealer wrote:
Wouldn't recommend pre-ordering a Blizzard game since it takes so long.

Save that money and invest it on something else and when Blizzard makes an official announcement about the final release date, that's the time to pre-order.


Same thinking here
I just wait for official announcement , no need to hurry , and im need cash now for ME 3 :D
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
March 01 2012 03:01 GMT
#545
hahahaha US$39.99 for real?

That is the price of a brand new game, not the price for an expansion... If they really charge that then that is it, the Blizzard I knew has died to me.

I'd say US$15,00 would be "fair", although still very expensive to just add 4 or 6 new units to the multiplayer.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
March 01 2012 03:04 GMT
#546
If you had asked me 6 months ago, I would have told you 100% that I'd be getting HoTS on release. But $40? That's ridiculous, up there with $20 MLG weekends. Starting to think the WoL ladder will have quite a long life ahead of it.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 01 2012 03:04 GMT
#547
On March 01 2012 12:01 fabiano wrote:
hahahaha US$39.99 for real?

That is the price of a brand new game, not the price for an expansion... If they really charge that then that is it, the Blizzard I knew has died to me.

I'd say US$15,00 would be "fair", although still very expensive to just add 4 or 6 new units to the multiplayer.


Unless you've time warped, prices in the modern day have been like that for a while, I'm just glad it's not 60 dollars.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
GP
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1056 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 03:06:42
March 01 2012 03:06 GMT
#548
On March 01 2012 12:01 fabiano wrote:
hahahaha US$39.99 for real?

That is the price of a brand new game, not the price for an expansion... If they really charge that then that is it, the Blizzard I knew has died to me.

I'd say US$15,00 would be "fair", although still very expensive to just add 4 or 6 new units to the multiplayer.

Expansions have always been twenty to thirty bucks per expansion, fifteen is definitely a bit stingy to be fair. Still, Forty bucks? I think I'm going to have to hold out on this, I don't play enough Starcraft anymore to justify blowing that much money on an expansion.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
March 01 2012 03:17 GMT
#549
$40 seems fair to me. I just didn't want a $60 game. The way I see it is a high quality game with free unlimited constantly updated online multiplayer.

Really? People crying for $15 dollars? Wow. Get a job and quit after an hour. Go babysit for a day or mow your neighbors lawn. Heck wash their cars.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Tippecanoe
Profile Joined May 2011
United States342 Posts
March 01 2012 03:22 GMT
#550
$30 is the standard price for an expansion pack for most games. I am surprised its $40 to be honest.
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
March 01 2012 03:24 GMT
#551
I mean, what do they have to justify US$39.99?

It's not like they've announced new Bnet features (read 'fixed Bnet 0.2') or have added anything that could possibly justify such a high price.

So far, from what we have gathered, all they did was to create a new campaign and added some fake lurker, fake defiler and other very uninspiring units to the multiplayer. I think they can do a big part of that through their already made map editor.

Are they charging extra bucks for the new cinematics then? :/

Anyways, 40 or 15 bucks, I wasnt planning on buying it since I got really disappointed with WoL, but I'm just curious as to why they charge so much.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
March 01 2012 03:25 GMT
#552
On March 01 2012 12:01 fabiano wrote:
hahahaha US$39.99 for real?

That is the price of a brand new game, not the price for an expansion... If they really charge that then that is it, the Blizzard I knew has died to me.

I'd say US$15,00 would be "fair", although still very expensive to just add 4 or 6 new units to the multiplayer.

From some one who has bought
World of Warcraft
Burning Crusade
Wrath of the Lich King
Cataclysm

over the course of 7 years. 40 bucks is nothing for an expansion.
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 01 2012 03:30 GMT
#553
On March 01 2012 12:24 fabiano wrote:
I mean, what do they have to justify US$39.99?

It's not like they've announced new Bnet features (read 'fixed Bnet 0.2') or have added anything that could possibly justify such a high price.

So far, from what we have gathered, all they did was to create a new campaign and added some fake lurker, fake defiler and other very uninspiring units to the multiplayer. I think they can do a big part of that through their already made map editor.

Are they charging extra bucks for the new cinematics then? :/

Anyways, 40 or 15 bucks, I wasnt planning on buying it since I got really disappointed with WoL, but I'm just curious as to why they charge so much.


I bet we will see so many of these posts.

"I was not going to buy it because I didn't really like WoL"

It sort of reminds me all the WoW expansions came out and so many people posted they would never buy them. Then they were released and the tune changed to "Well my friends bought it, so I did. Not because it is good, but because I like my friends"

I will be paying the $40 because it is the exact price point I expected to pay.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
March 01 2012 03:36 GMT
#554
Well, I've already quit SC2 for long.

I'm back 100% to BW and the sole reason I keep following some SC2 infos is because we might see it on the next SPL season. When and if the next SPL season starts and no SC2 has been added, then I will hide all SC2-related forums.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Equity213
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada873 Posts
March 01 2012 03:39 GMT
#555
Heres a crazy idea. Take that $40, put it in a CD or GIC and just wait for HoTS. lol your basically just lending money at 0% to TL...
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
March 01 2012 03:41 GMT
#556
On March 01 2012 12:36 fabiano wrote:
Well, I've already quit SC2 for long.

I'm back 100% to BW and the sole reason I keep following some SC2 infos is because we might see it on the next SPL season. When and if the next SPL season starts and no SC2 has been added, then I will hide all SC2-related forums.


Thanks for keeping us informed.
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
ClysmiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2192 Posts
March 01 2012 03:42 GMT
#557
On March 01 2012 12:39 Equity213 wrote:
Heres a crazy idea. Take that $40, put it in a CD or GIC and just wait for HoTS. lol your basically just lending money at 0% to TL...

They're not acting like they're giving you some special deal... they're just giving out the pre-order info and offering a referral link as a way to support them. It's no different than any other pre-order.
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3137 Posts
March 01 2012 03:42 GMT
#558
$40 is pretty standard for an expansion pack. All the WoW expansions have been that price.

Why are people complaining about this?
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
March 01 2012 03:54 GMT
#559
On March 01 2012 12:42 Captain Peabody wrote:
$40 is pretty standard for an expansion pack. All the WoW expansions have been that price.

Why are people complaining about this?


Poor Poor teenagers who haven't worked a day in their lives. I know I've been there. $40 buck really hurts, but once you ha e a job you realize that $40 bucks for a game is actually not that bad. Especially considering the amount of play time SC2 can have. I see my self playing SC2 for a long time.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 04:05:57
March 01 2012 04:02 GMT
#560
On March 01 2012 12:54 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 12:42 Captain Peabody wrote:
$40 is pretty standard for an expansion pack. All the WoW expansions have been that price.

Why are people complaining about this?


Poor Poor teenagers who haven't worked a day in their lives. I know I've been there. $40 buck really hurts, but once you ha e a job you realize that $40 bucks for a game is actually not that bad. Especially considering the amount of play time SC2 can have. I see my self playing SC2 for a long time.

but if you skip an average of 8 meals, or 1-2 movie dates, or something like that or 2 months of GSL or.....something that's 40 dollars. If you worked for half a day or something that's 40 as well....Sell something....
If you sold that oGs Jacket at barcraft somebody just might pay 400 dollars for it

PS. Thank you so much Progamer from Checksix!
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 192
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2244
Shuttle 1459
Bale 49
Dewaltoss 37
NaDa 32
Noble 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
JimRising 658
Counter-Strike
taco 362
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox703
Mew2King90
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor897
Other Games
summit1g8936
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft319
ViBE58
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP163
• Hupsaiya 132
• davetesta17
• Letter146
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo747
Other Games
• Scarra907
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 34m
OSC
18h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.