• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:39
CEST 08:39
KST 15:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8799 users

Multiple 1v1 ranks and the future of the ladder - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 20 Next All
Panzamelano
Profile Joined September 2010
Colombia248 Posts
October 13 2011 01:00 GMT
#141
On October 13 2011 09:56 Torpedo.Vegas wrote:
The only problem with multiple accounts is that they would break the league system in place. GM wouldn't be top 200 it could be top 196 with the last 4 being some gosu. There would need to be a rule set where you can't have multiple accounts in the same division and can't have multiple accounts in GM.


sadly.... this already happens... you can see people(not mega gosus but just stream cheaters and stuff) like deezer whit multiple GM accounts so its not like its a new thing.
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
October 13 2011 01:00 GMT
#142
On October 13 2011 09:54 ReignFayth wrote:
an unranked ladder that takes ur MMR into account where you can actually pick the Match up you want to practice would be great


Thats a pretty cool idea. I imagine something along the lines playing customs games but having the option to specify playing players that match your mmr.
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
nanaoei
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
3358 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-13 01:13:35
October 13 2011 01:10 GMT
#143
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2011 09:58 XXXSmOke wrote:
I dont get how people who are Diamond and below can have ladder fear, Blizz completely took away your loss amount when ppl check your profile. Theres no way to tell if you have something embarassing like a 150-170 record. Master level sucks sometimes cuz going 20-30 for the world to see sucks and you always end getting raged at a million times because if you beat anybody you instantly get a message "HAHAH FUCKING NEWB 20-30 I KNEW YOU WERE TRASH!.

Allowing people to create new accounts would be a trainwreck........ If you think you have ladder fear now wait till all you golds get matched all day long with Master players who are smurfing there new accounts.

I think the solution is simple. fix the custom game system...... literaaly just go back to wc3 and BW format, how fucking hard is that blizz?/

I want all of you ladder fearer's to think of this scenario

You come from work, your tired/exhausted you really want to play SC2 but hell you dont wnat to ladder and lose ranked games BECAUSE you have a life. You go to chat channels and try find a game but that takes forever and can be very ineffective.

Now imagine

You go to custom games and Blizz adds in a new category called "User Title or something of that manner and in the list you see....

1v1 Xel Naga Caverns Master Only

1v1 Metaloplis Gold Only

etc

you join the game and GUESS WHAT???? THE GAME does not fucking AUTOSTART the host actually STARTS THE GAME.

ALSO guess what theres no popularity on this feature either! so everyones map goes in order of creation and you can easily skim through everyboys lobby.

What if a gold joins a master only game? host checks profile and kicks you.

No need for smurf accounts

No need for an unranked ladder that will ruin regular ladder

A system that has worked 10 FUCKING years for BW and wc3.

Simple? I think so.


i think you should read tortoise's post back a page...

you might not like or understand why some people act the way they do + ladder very modestly, but that doesn't make it completely right for you to look down on them... and it doesn't mean that they don't care entirely for how they're doing, how they're improving, or what their actual record is like.

the very same people who have ladder fear may very well come to crush you one day
*@boesthius' FF7 nostalgia stream bomb* "we should work on a 'Final Progamer' fangame»whitera can be a protagonist---lastlie: "we save world and then defense it"
FreudianTrip
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland1983 Posts
October 13 2011 01:12 GMT
#144
Stop being girls and realise its an artificial numbers not your SAT score. Chill the fuck out and play some ladder.
LimeNade
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2125 Posts
October 13 2011 01:12 GMT
#145
blizzard will never ever ever ever do this tho, the fact that they've already made a killing in sales off of sc2 they'll never allow for multiple solo accounts on one account when they know most people will cave and just buy another copy eventually that actually care about their ranking
JD, need I say more? :D
XXXSmOke
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States1333 Posts
October 13 2011 01:13 GMT
#146
On October 13 2011 10:10 nanaoei wrote:
Show nested quote +
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2011 09:58 XXXSmOke wrote:
I dont get how people who are Diamond and below can have ladder fear, Blizz completely took away your loss amount when ppl check your profile. Theres no way to tell if you have something embarassing like a 150-170 record. Master level sucks sometimes cuz going 20-30 for the world to see sucks and you always end getting raged at a million times because if you beat anybody you instantly get a message "HAHAH FUCKING NEWB 20-30 I KNEW YOU WERE TRASH!.

Allowing people to create new accounts would be a trainwreck........ If you think you have ladder fear now wait till all you golds get matched all day long with Master players who are smurfing there new accounts.

I think the solution is simple. fix the custom game system...... literaaly just go back to wc3 and BW format, how fucking hard is that blizz?/

I want all of you ladder fearer's to think of this scenario

You come from work, your tired/exhausted you really want to play SC2 but hell you dont wnat to ladder and lose ranked games BECAUSE you have a life. You go to chat channels and try find a game but that takes forever and can be very ineffective.

Now imagine

You go to custom games and Blizz adds in a new category called "User Title or something of that manner and in the list you see....

1v1 Xel Naga Caverns Master Only

1v1 Metaloplis Gold Only

etc

you join the game and GUESS WHAT???? THE GAME does not fucking AUTOSTART the host actually STARTS THE GAME.

ALSO guess what theres no popularity on this feature either! so everyones map goes in order of creation and you can easily skim through everyboys lobby.

What if a gold joins a master only game? host checks profile and kicks you.

No need for smurf accounts

No need for an unranked ladder that will ruin regular ladder

A system that has worked 10 FUCKING years for BW and wc3.

Simple? I think so.


i think you should read tortoise's post back a page...

you might not like or understand why some people act the way they do + ladder very modestly, but that doesn't make it completely right for you to look down on them... and it doesn't mean that they don't care entirely for how they're doing, how they're improving, or what their actual record is like.


Regardless of that, (I guess i might of come off a bit hard) The main point is that a HUGE step in the right direction is so easy to do by Blizzard thats what pisses me off. A more effcient custom game system would help so many of these people afraid to ladder.
Emperor? Boxer disapproves. He's building bunkers at your mom's house even as you're reading this.
castled
Profile Joined March 2011
United States322 Posts
October 13 2011 01:15 GMT
#147
On October 13 2011 10:00 Angelbelow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2011 09:54 ReignFayth wrote:
an unranked ladder that takes ur MMR into account where you can actually pick the Match up you want to practice would be great


Thats a pretty cool idea. I imagine something along the lines playing customs games but having the option to specify playing players that match your mmr.

An MMR-based matchup search ladder would the best thing ever for practicing. There's so many times you want to practice a build for a specific matchup but can't because you don't have friends online that are both the correct race and your skill level.
XenoX101
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia729 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-13 01:31:22
October 13 2011 01:30 GMT
#148
No point in laddering if everyone can be represented 4 times, the top positions will be hogged by people who off-race the best while those who don't off-race will only see 1 spot in the ladder, lame.
QuackPocketDuck
Profile Joined January 2011
410 Posts
October 13 2011 01:30 GMT
#149
"Serious rank"? I dont really find anything serious about 3v3s
As long as I can spam find game button and opponents which are of equal skill or better pop up I'm happy with the ladder , maybe MMR per race would be cool but Im not sure of I like the idea of choosing your matchup.

I love how the ladder provides you with direct results pleasant or not, tho imo if you are going to take take your ladder results seriously you have to play quite a few games to make stupid loses of games you could have won less meaningful within the stats (same with wins I suppose).
I bought a pack of cigarettes for $20, What have you done for your country today?
MrSexington
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1768 Posts
October 13 2011 01:33 GMT
#150
The only way I'd ever vote for "1 main and 1 for fun" is that if if you're on your "fun laddering mode" you're only matched up with other people who are also in "fun laddering mode."

Otherwise, it's a horrible idea.

(I voted for 1 for each race.)
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
October 13 2011 01:44 GMT
#151
I would totally love to learn how to play as Terran or Zerg, but I don't feel like throwing away my ladder progress as Protoss, and I'm not going to buy a new account.

"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Snaphoo
Profile Joined July 2010
United States614 Posts
October 13 2011 01:47 GMT
#152
On October 13 2011 08:39 xOff wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2011 08:13 Snaphoo wrote:
On October 13 2011 08:07 xOff wrote:
Why the hell do you want an unranked ladder? If your goal it to be getting better you should be playing against people of your skill level. If the ranking next to your name scares you that much put a sticky note over it so you don't have to see it or go play custom games.

If there was as unranked ladder it would demolish the whole mmr based system that we all play currently. One thing blizzards system does really well matching you against people of your own skill level.


Why I Want Unranked Ladder:


- So I can try new builds or strategies against people of my own level without being punished with demotion in the early stages of trying to get a grasp on play.

- A way to train when I'm a bit rusty that's less random than Custom (A silver Zerg or a Masters Protoss? Don't know til you queue one up!). I want an unranked ladder so that I can play against people of my skill level. Basically I would play against people with my MMR, but it wouldn't go up or down with losses or wins. If I'm winning lots of unranked games, I'll go back to ranked ladder because I know I'm ready.

- You may not like it, but look at the declining activity among vast numbers of players who still like the game or play team games, but stay far away from 1v1. It would revitalize ladder as people could see where they stand on the unranked ladder and then start playing ranked ladder again.

- It would make the game more accessible to noobs/people embarrassed of losing or afraid of being demoted if they haven't played for awhile or are on a cold streak.

- Analogy: There are very good people in League of Legends. They play new champions (similar to offracing) in unranked games, often, and then when they feel comfortable go back into Ranked games with those chars.

- REBUTTAL: It would not destroy MMR. People would keep playing on ladder just like always, it's just that there would be a shadow ladder alongside it.


And that shows perfectly why it would destroy the MMR system...

Show nested quote +
If I'm winning lots of unranked games, I'll go back to ranked ladder because I know I'm ready.


If you're winning alot of games then you've raised your MMR and if you would then go back to the ranked games you would be of a higher skill level than your opponent.
Say for example you're in gold league you then train for a couple weeks in unranked games and get to the approximate skill of a platinum player. You then go back to ranked and demolish the golds cause you're of the skill of a platinum player. That's unfair and stupid to the gold players who want to just play players of their own skill level in ranked games.

Edit: However I do agree about separate races having seperate MMR's and ranks.


"Basically I would play against people with my MMR, but it wouldn't go up or down with losses or wins." Unranked games would not affect MMR, just like they don't affect your ELO in LoL.
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
October 13 2011 01:52 GMT
#153
On October 13 2011 09:56 Torpedo.Vegas wrote:
The only problem with multiple accounts is that they would break the league system in place. GM wouldn't be top 200 it could be top 196 with the last 4 being some gosu. There would need to be a rule set where you can't have multiple accounts in the same division and can't have multiple accounts in GM.


There could be a system that only ranks your best race on the ladder (or if you select random) while still displaying a general rank for your offraces.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
October 13 2011 01:55 GMT
#154
On October 13 2011 10:52 aksfjh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2011 09:56 Torpedo.Vegas wrote:
The only problem with multiple accounts is that they would break the league system in place. GM wouldn't be top 200 it could be top 196 with the last 4 being some gosu. There would need to be a rule set where you can't have multiple accounts in the same division and can't have multiple accounts in GM.


There could be a system that only ranks your best race on the ladder (or if you select random) while still displaying a general rank for your offraces.


Agreed. Or hell, they could make GM the top 300 or 500 or not make any changes at all (if your off-race is better than everyone else's main race, you might just deserve another top spot imo).
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Hypatio
Profile Joined September 2010
549 Posts
October 13 2011 01:58 GMT
#155
If 1v1 had rankings for each race I would play 1v1 A LOT more.

There should also be an MMR-visible opt-in thing. I don't care how it works I just want to know where I am and if I am rising or falling.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
October 13 2011 01:59 GMT
#156
On October 13 2011 10:58 Hypatio wrote:
If 1v1 had rankings for each race I would play 1v1 A LOT more.

There should also be an MMR-visible opt-in thing. I don't care how it works I just want to know where I am and if I am rising or falling.


That's pretty much why it's hidden, that right there :V
Moderator
Attunga
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia41 Posts
October 13 2011 02:00 GMT
#157

If the ladder is so stressful, just get another account - easy solution.

Chvol
Profile Joined August 2010
United States200 Posts
October 13 2011 02:02 GMT
#158
Personally, I don't play much 1v1 ladder anymore not because I'm afraid of it, but because once you are able to find a group of friends to play custom 1v1s with, it's a lot more fun. 50% of your games won't be cheese, and you don't have to play on the crappy ladder maps. I urge everyone to abandon the 1v1 ladder, and seek out some friends to do customs with. You'll be pleasantly surprised if you've only ever played ladder in SC2. If anything, blizzard should spend their time introducing more features to advocate this kind of play, like clan support, better voice chat, anything to help connect people better.
nakedsurfer
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada500 Posts
October 13 2011 02:04 GMT
#159
On October 13 2011 07:24 Hoodlum wrote:
I think it should be unlimited like it was in brood war, I don't see the point in limiting it other then putting money in the pockets of blizzard

I wouldn't give unlimited because then there would be soooo many more trolls. I'd much rather that lets say you buy the client for 60$ then you get like 2 seperate accounts/names for it.
Root4Root
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
October 13 2011 02:05 GMT
#160
3 to for accounts I think is to much. 2 seems reasonable compromise.

As it stands I really hate customs. Nobody plays any map that isn't Shattered or Xelnaga -_-.

And people saying a ladder that doesn't count points. Then how are you sopossed to play people of your own caliber? For that reason you play customs. The extra account is so that you can offrace and play against people of the same caliber.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2365
GuemChi 540
Leta 292
Bale 31
sSak 28
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
Noble 20
Icarus 10
Dota 2
febbydoto20
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King167
Other Games
summit1g7387
C9.Mang0281
ceh9236
Happy230
Sick161
ViBE104
Trikslyr25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick425
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• killerbeecast5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2218
League of Legends
• Lourlo1123
• Stunt438
Other Games
• Shiphtur517
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 21m
Patches Events
9h 21m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.