• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:59
CEST 03:59
KST 10:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9463 users

Season 3 coming to an end... - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 30 Next All
GiftPflanZe
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Germany623 Posts
October 04 2011 18:02 GMT
#221
Im happy that the seasons are shorter now.
...
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
October 04 2011 18:04 GMT
#222
On October 05 2011 01:13 ZwuckeL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2011 00:05 ZeromuS wrote:
Man these seasons are gonna be short. How am I ever reliably going to get into and stay in master league at this rate :S


i am seeing in this thread that many high diamonds are complaining about short seasons.

nothing will change for people like you, except maybe a few more inactive master players will play more so you will have to improve quicker to be within the best 2% of active players.

also, you complain about not getting into master , where obviously it's nobody's fault but yours. you demand to be one of the 2% best players on your server but obviously arent. whats wrong with you? maybe it is also your attitude standing in your way to get yourself into master league


I do not demand to be in the top 2%. I have been playing since release which means it takes longer for me to get into masters since my MMR is more stable than if I was to buy a new account. I play regularly against mid ranked master players as of now but have not been promoted yet. With the lock coming if I don't make it into masters in the next week then I am GUARANTEED one week where even if I play a lot I cannot make it into master league and will need to wait to see if my MMR is high enough to get in there. This is after the inactive players are removed.

So this season ending this soon is making it hard on me since I have basically one last week to push into the master league otherwise im not making it in. Thats all. And yeah it will be harder to stay in master league. I can't play every day all day but I do have some personal goals like being in master league by the end of the year. Those of us who are high diamond and are trying for a last push into masters now have a definite time limit for our hard work to pay off within the next week.

After that theres a week where we dont know if the people we are playing that are diamond are also at a master MMR and we just dont know thanks to the ladder lock. this means we could feel bad about playing diamonds which otherwise could be masters.

Not only that but whenever a ladder lock is announced the amount of cheese on ladder triples and that makes it harder to get promoted when you are already on the bubble. I hate playing after a lock is announced because its not fun to play against cheese all day,
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
October 04 2011 18:04 GMT
#223
Like many others have said, 2 months is just too short. They should have 3 months with a week (week and a half max, not two weeks) of ladder lock.

I'm pretty sure iCcup runs for around 3 months (Seasons usually last around 14 weeksish? Its a little different every time ofc, but if I remember correct it runs around 3 months).

It would just seem like a better balance. I've played around 300 games in season 3 and I still feel like it just started (started plat, up to diamond). I really wanted to make masters before the season ended, but I just don't have the time during the weekdays to mass game, and am busy this coming weekend Oh wells, masters season 4 I guess!
Jaedong.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
October 04 2011 18:06 GMT
#224
Dont really have any issues with it, shouldnt change a thing if MMR still changes but it does put an odd feel on things, i'd like to see 2 things for me to be completely happy.

1) 3 months instead of 2 for seasons - at least give it "some" length.
2) One week imbetween ladder seasons - last time it was like a month or something? even though they said "2 weeks"
Useless wet fish.
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
October 04 2011 18:08 GMT
#225
On October 04 2011 22:43 sVnteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 22:32 YarNhoj wrote:
Blah, 2 month seasons means nothing to diamond and below. I don't have the time to play enough to be in the top of my diamond division even if the seasons were 3-5 months long. I do, however, wonder if they are doing this to shake up the top 200 every couple of months. I don't mind resetting the ladder points but for tournaments that use the ladder for entry requirements you should be able to get exemptions based on last seasons ladder and not just the current one.



i dont konw of any tournament that uses ladder rankings as a criteria for players that want to participate

Blizcon invites?
Jaedong.
dpurple
Profile Joined November 2010
Turkmenistan592 Posts
October 04 2011 18:09 GMT
#226
Personally I cant wait for season 4! I was gold in s1 and plat in s2, now is season 3 im in diamond. Season 4 masters gogo! Dont know if its realistic though since I still never have been matched against a masters player even though I have been in top 5 of my diamond the last 2 weeks.
Lith
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada39 Posts
October 04 2011 18:10 GMT
#227
This is almost certainly due to the turnaround in leagues. Longer seasons im sure make many casual-competitive players lose interest.

This will also make it more viable (and competitive) to make it into GM.

For those who dont like this, by adding a career page, this is a perfect tool to track progression through seasons.
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
October 04 2011 18:11 GMT
#228
On October 05 2011 03:04 sGs.Kal_rA wrote:
Like many others have said, 2 months is just too short. They should have 3 months with a week (week and a half max, not two weeks) of ladder lock.

I'm pretty sure iCcup runs for around 3 months (Seasons usually last around 14 weeksish? Its a little different every time ofc, but if I remember correct it runs around 3 months).

It would just seem like a better balance. I've played around 300 games in season 3 and I still feel like it just started (started plat, up to diamond). I really wanted to make masters before the season ended, but I just don't have the time during the weekdays to mass game, and am busy this coming weekend Oh wells, masters season 4 I guess!


If you are close to Masters, who knows, the new Season could turn out to be a huge boon for you. The Placement could slot your right in where you belong
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
gosuMalicE
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada676 Posts
October 04 2011 18:11 GMT
#229
I hope this means we will get metalopolis back in the map pool soon
I play Protoss, because lets face it, who doesn't love hyper-advanced Egyptian ninja-aliens that kill people with lightsabres attached to both arms?
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
October 04 2011 18:15 GMT
#230
On October 05 2011 03:11 QTIP. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2011 03:04 sGs.Kal_rA wrote:
Like many others have said, 2 months is just too short. They should have 3 months with a week (week and a half max, not two weeks) of ladder lock.

I'm pretty sure iCcup runs for around 3 months (Seasons usually last around 14 weeksish? Its a little different every time ofc, but if I remember correct it runs around 3 months).

It would just seem like a better balance. I've played around 300 games in season 3 and I still feel like it just started (started plat, up to diamond). I really wanted to make masters before the season ended, but I just don't have the time during the weekdays to mass game, and am busy this coming weekend Oh wells, masters season 4 I guess!


If you are close to Masters, who knows, the new Season could turn out to be a huge boon for you. The Placement could slot your right in where you belong

Agreed, but I feel like its always feels more earned when your get promoted mid season. You never know when its coming, and after grinding a bunch of games the surprise is always welcome. Getting promoted at a placement just feels like a meh. You know your going to get placed, just a matter of where.

I'm not hating on placements, they are unavoidable and needed in the ladder lol.. I'm just saying
Jaedong.
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
October 04 2011 18:25 GMT
#231
On October 05 2011 03:15 sGs.Kal_rA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2011 03:11 QTIP. wrote:
On October 05 2011 03:04 sGs.Kal_rA wrote:
Like many others have said, 2 months is just too short. They should have 3 months with a week (week and a half max, not two weeks) of ladder lock.

I'm pretty sure iCcup runs for around 3 months (Seasons usually last around 14 weeksish? Its a little different every time ofc, but if I remember correct it runs around 3 months).

It would just seem like a better balance. I've played around 300 games in season 3 and I still feel like it just started (started plat, up to diamond). I really wanted to make masters before the season ended, but I just don't have the time during the weekdays to mass game, and am busy this coming weekend Oh wells, masters season 4 I guess!


If you are close to Masters, who knows, the new Season could turn out to be a huge boon for you. The Placement could slot your right in where you belong

Agreed, but I feel like its always feels more earned when your get promoted mid season. You never know when its coming, and after grinding a bunch of games the surprise is always welcome. Getting promoted at a placement just feels like a meh. You know your going to get placed, just a matter of where.

I'm not hating on placements, they are unavoidable and needed in the ladder lol.. I'm just saying


No I feel you, getting promoted mid-season is nice. I forgot what it feels like to be honest. I've been in Masters since it came out, and GM is in some far off dream where I also own an Aston Martin... T_T
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
Legion710
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada423 Posts
October 04 2011 18:25 GMT
#232
Hope I make it in GM :D
Tyrion Lannister
Shagg
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland825 Posts
October 04 2011 18:27 GMT
#233
Aww yeah season will last "only" 2months. Im already tired on the 2v2 maps so hope they cycle more of them (and better1s that the last!).
"You're a pro or you're a noob. That's life"
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
October 04 2011 18:37 GMT
#234
On October 05 2011 03:25 QTIP. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2011 03:15 sGs.Kal_rA wrote:
On October 05 2011 03:11 QTIP. wrote:
On October 05 2011 03:04 sGs.Kal_rA wrote:
Like many others have said, 2 months is just too short. They should have 3 months with a week (week and a half max, not two weeks) of ladder lock.

I'm pretty sure iCcup runs for around 3 months (Seasons usually last around 14 weeksish? Its a little different every time ofc, but if I remember correct it runs around 3 months).

It would just seem like a better balance. I've played around 300 games in season 3 and I still feel like it just started (started plat, up to diamond). I really wanted to make masters before the season ended, but I just don't have the time during the weekdays to mass game, and am busy this coming weekend Oh wells, masters season 4 I guess!


If you are close to Masters, who knows, the new Season could turn out to be a huge boon for you. The Placement could slot your right in where you belong

Agreed, but I feel like its always feels more earned when your get promoted mid season. You never know when its coming, and after grinding a bunch of games the surprise is always welcome. Getting promoted at a placement just feels like a meh. You know your going to get placed, just a matter of where.

I'm not hating on placements, they are unavoidable and needed in the ladder lol.. I'm just saying


No I feel you, getting promoted mid-season is nice. I forgot what it feels like to be honest. I've been in Masters since it came out, and GM is in some far off dream where I also own an Aston Martin... T_T

This is why I love TL. We have the same dreams <3
Jaedong.
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
October 04 2011 18:40 GMT
#235
On October 05 2011 03:27 Shagg wrote:
Aww yeah season will last "only" 2months. Im already tired on the 2v2 maps so hope they cycle more of them (and better1s that the last!).

I want an El Nino / GBR remake! 3 player maps ftw!
Jaedong.
KiF1rE
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States964 Posts
October 04 2011 18:53 GMT
#236
shorter seasons do make the GM league more volatile and less of high masters getting frustrated beating top 50 gms, and never being promoted for a long period of time. as the GM league refresh will allow new blood to circulate in the 100-200 rank range of GM much more frequently.
HungShark
Profile Joined June 2010
United States134 Posts
October 04 2011 18:54 GMT
#237
On October 05 2011 01:40 ZwuckeL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2011 01:32 HungShark wrote:
On October 05 2011 01:13 ZwuckeL wrote:
On October 05 2011 00:05 ZeromuS wrote:
Man these seasons are gonna be short. How am I ever reliably going to get into and stay in master league at this rate :S


i am seeing in this thread that many high diamonds are complaining about short seasons.

nothing will change for people like you, except maybe a few more inactive master players will play more so you will have to improve quicker to be within the best 2% of active players.

also, you complain about not getting into master , where obviously it's nobody's fault but yours. you demand to be one of the 2% best players on your server but obviously arent. whats wrong with you? maybe it is also your attitude standing in your way to get yourself into master league


That's partially untrue. I don't know about other players, but as a player constantly battling for the #1 spot in my division, I think it would have been safe to expect that I would be matched up against other high diamond players, as well as a constant barrage of low masters. I have seen the exact opposite. I'm constantly faced against lower diamond players. I doubt it's my MMR since I usually stomp these players. However, all season I've been matched up with "even" matches or lower.

Out of the 460+ games I've played this season, I've faced only FIVE masters. I won all of those matches. Something's buggy with the matchmaking system.

As for your other comment about the shorter seasons, I'm not blaming shorter seasons for my lack of promotion. I'm blaming shorter seasons for my sudden discouragement to continue laddering, since all the work I put into laddering will simply be wiped clean before I can get anything show-worthy. I think three months was short enough already, but TWO?! That's just too short.



don't forget you are getting a milestone icon for season 3 displaying your achieved ladder rank. so it's not really gone forever like you said. also your mmr isn't reset as you know. so waht excatly are you referring to as "your work you put into laddering is simply being wiped"?


I'm referring to all the ladder points I've accumulated, and the constant battle vying for the #1 spot. I appreciate the ladder point system because it helps give me the illusion of where I stand in my "class." Completely resetting it and starting anew is almost like a kid packing up and moving to a new school over and over again. It's disorientating and frankly unnerving to have to start all over again.
Die again in good health!
zmansman17
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2567 Posts
October 04 2011 18:59 GMT
#238
I don't understand this at all.

I followed the link to the bnet article and then found the embedded article describing why seasons were being reduced to 2 months, but still do not understand WHY.

"We feel that this makes a more beneficial experience"
-Response from Blizzard community manager

I guess that's just not good enough for me. As someone who does not have the time to play every day, it's hard to keep up with everyone else especially in a such a small period as 2 months.

Before the patch I was a Top 8 masters player, but I haven't found the time to kill the nearly 300 bonus pool that has accumulated since then. Shortening seasons basically forces people to play constantly instead of picking the game back up when we get the chance.
♞ - His EKG is flattening get me a defib stat! Prepped and Ready! - ♞
phANT1m
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
South Africa535 Posts
October 04 2011 19:19 GMT
#239
So sad over shorter season cos dont play enough. Then again this might just be the inspiration to play a bit more.
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
October 04 2011 19:23 GMT
#240
Yay a new season that I will probably be stuck in platinum for because I don't have enough time to get good... Whatever, at least it cleans out the people who quit more frequently. More than half of my division only has like 1-5 wins, and have gigantic bonus pools. The top 25 are people relatively active (IE weekends or a couple nights per week) and the top 8 are people who play enough to burn their bonus pool.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings112
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiLiPiLi 19
RuFF_SC2 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1138
Sharp 58
Bale 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever553
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
Doublelift5009
Counter-Strike
taco 630
Other Games
summit1g7512
JimRising 530
C9.Mang0289
ViBE149
ToD74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick770
BasetradeTV177
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP91
• poizon28 38
• davetesta27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1158
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 2m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 2m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.