• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:08
CEST 15:08
KST 22:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8189 users

'TSL expelled from SC2 Conference' - Page 44

Forum Index > SC2 General
1124 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 57 Next
FuzzyJAM
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland9300 Posts
August 04 2011 22:10 GMT
#861
This really isn't what SC2 needs. Very sad situation all round.
Did you ever say Yes to a single joy?
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
August 04 2011 22:11 GMT
#862
On August 05 2011 07:10 wolfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 06:21 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:08 baoluvboa wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:06 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)

Actually, the proper, professional response would be to fire the two workers playing beach ball at the office. The issue is that Coach Lee decided to withhold their salaries as a punishment, which is unjustifiable any way you look at it. Basically, he wanted FD and Trickster on the team so he could continue using them for marketing, but he didn't want to pay them even though they're salaried. You can't have it both ways. You either keep them on the team and pay them, or you fire them and pay them what you're supposed to pay them for the time they've been on the team.


Another way to look at it is that Asian culture tends to be more familiar and less business in conduct. By withholding wages, the coach is not cutting ties with his players completely but rather presenting a harsh incentive for them to work harder. Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture nor Sc2 since it is only a niche organization.

What I'm saying is that the coach's withholding of wages could be look at another perspective in that he only wants to make FD and Tester improve but not firing them from the team and the "family" completely.

Actually, I'm Asian (albeit not Korean), and I can tell you right now that you're quite wrong.

i would say that a majority of us are actually quite shrewd with money matters, and if we don't feel we're getting what we're paying you for, you'll be out the door very, very fast.

EDIT: I don't mean to generalize here, but seriously, implying that all Asians are that naive in business matters is kind of ignorant.


Wtf don't speak for us don't even say majority.

I don't care if it's your opinion, it's a false opinion about OTHER people. Asians are less business in conduct? Firing is strict and not our conduct? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

You're misreading. I essentially said, "We fire people just like everyone else in the business world." =__=
shockaslim
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1105 Posts
August 04 2011 22:12 GMT
#863
On August 05 2011 06:56 farnham wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 06:53 MythArc wrote:
I think it's kind of pathetic that FD and tester went and cried to sc2con after being a burden to their team with their constant under-performance and lack of practice. Have some dignity, you were lucky enough to be picked up by another team. Don't demand payments from a team that is shattered and financially struggling.

they were code s players

underperformance what ?

also if its true what they are saying TSL did receive money. or rather. Mr. Lee received the money but did not give it to the TSL Players.



FruitDealer was WAY under-performing. He only made it out of groups once since the open seasons...and he was probably one of their highest paid players. Trickster was kind of all over the place.

Either way, since they are SALARIED...Mr. Lee had no right to withhold wages, and it is actually illegal.
Dirty Deeds...DONE DIRT CHEAP!!!
Ownos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2147 Posts
August 04 2011 22:12 GMT
#864
On August 05 2011 06:54 moonmeh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 06:53 zeru wrote:
Didn't see it posted, but clide posted on his twitter half an hour ago:


잠이오지않는다.. 큰일이다..

google translate:
<some word>. This is big/huge.


Cannot sleep, big problem


Oh man... I'm not sure what to think of that... is he worried that he may have been duped? Or ST stirring up a storm?

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this is all false. Esports tends to have these types of scandals in the west (organizers running off with entry fee money and such, not paying prizes out).
...deeper and deeper into the bowels of El Diablo
wolfe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States761 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 22:19:57
August 04 2011 22:14 GMT
#865
On August 05 2011 07:11 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 07:10 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:21 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:08 baoluvboa wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:06 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)

Actually, the proper, professional response would be to fire the two workers playing beach ball at the office. The issue is that Coach Lee decided to withhold their salaries as a punishment, which is unjustifiable any way you look at it. Basically, he wanted FD and Trickster on the team so he could continue using them for marketing, but he didn't want to pay them even though they're salaried. You can't have it both ways. You either keep them on the team and pay them, or you fire them and pay them what you're supposed to pay them for the time they've been on the team.


Another way to look at it is that Asian culture tends to be more familiar and less business in conduct. By withholding wages, the coach is not cutting ties with his players completely but rather presenting a harsh incentive for them to work harder. Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture nor Sc2 since it is only a niche organization.

What I'm saying is that the coach's withholding of wages could be look at another perspective in that he only wants to make FD and Tester improve but not firing them from the team and the "family" completely.

Actually, I'm Asian (albeit not Korean), and I can tell you right now that you're quite wrong.

i would say that a majority of us are actually quite shrewd with money matters, and if we don't feel we're getting what we're paying you for, you'll be out the door very, very fast.

EDIT: I don't mean to generalize here, but seriously, implying that all Asians are that naive in business matters is kind of ignorant.


Wtf don't speak for us don't even say majority.

I don't care if it's your opinion, it's a false opinion about OTHER people. Asians are less business in conduct? Firing is strict and not our conduct? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

You're misreading. I essentially said, "We fire people just like everyone else in the business world." =__=



Whoops.
Swift as the wind, felt before noticed.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
August 04 2011 22:15 GMT
#866
On August 05 2011 07:14 wolfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 07:11 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 07:10 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:21 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:08 baoluvboa wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:06 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)

Actually, the proper, professional response would be to fire the two workers playing beach ball at the office. The issue is that Coach Lee decided to withhold their salaries as a punishment, which is unjustifiable any way you look at it. Basically, he wanted FD and Trickster on the team so he could continue using them for marketing, but he didn't want to pay them even though they're salaried. You can't have it both ways. You either keep them on the team and pay them, or you fire them and pay them what you're supposed to pay them for the time they've been on the team.


Another way to look at it is that Asian culture tends to be more familiar and less business in conduct. By withholding wages, the coach is not cutting ties with his players completely but rather presenting a harsh incentive for them to work harder. Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture nor Sc2 since it is only a niche organization.

What I'm saying is that the coach's withholding of wages could be look at another perspective in that he only wants to make FD and Tester improve but not firing them from the team and the "family" completely.

Actually, I'm Asian (albeit not Korean), and I can tell you right now that you're quite wrong.

i would say that a majority of us are actually quite shrewd with money matters, and if we don't feel we're getting what we're paying you for, you'll be out the door very, very fast.

EDIT: I don't mean to generalize here, but seriously, implying that all Asians are that naive in business matters is kind of ignorant.


Wtf don't speak for us don't even say majority.

I don't care if it's your opinion, it's a false opinion about OTHER people. Asians are less business in conduct? Firing is strict and not our conduct? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

You're misreading. I essentially said, "We fire people just like everyone else in the business world." =__=



I'm sorry English is my first language, but I don't seem to understand how "Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture nor Sc2 since it is only a niche organization." translates into "We fire people just like everyone else in the business world."

And if that second statement is what you intended from the beginning your 1st post was poorly worded and also rather pointless. The sky is blue. Yes. Wonderful. Asians use paper to write on just like everyone else. Keep those contributions coming.

I didn't say that. baoluvboa did. I was responding to baoluvboa. Read the nested quotes, please.
moonmeh
Profile Joined July 2011
Korea (South)105 Posts
August 04 2011 22:16 GMT
#867
On August 05 2011 07:14 wolfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 07:11 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 07:10 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:21 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:08 baoluvboa wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:06 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)

Actually, the proper, professional response would be to fire the two workers playing beach ball at the office. The issue is that Coach Lee decided to withhold their salaries as a punishment, which is unjustifiable any way you look at it. Basically, he wanted FD and Trickster on the team so he could continue using them for marketing, but he didn't want to pay them even though they're salaried. You can't have it both ways. You either keep them on the team and pay them, or you fire them and pay them what you're supposed to pay them for the time they've been on the team.


Another way to look at it is that Asian culture tends to be more familiar and less business in conduct. By withholding wages, the coach is not cutting ties with his players completely but rather presenting a harsh incentive for them to work harder. Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture nor Sc2 since it is only a niche organization.

What I'm saying is that the coach's withholding of wages could be look at another perspective in that he only wants to make FD and Tester improve but not firing them from the team and the "family" completely.

Actually, I'm Asian (albeit not Korean), and I can tell you right now that you're quite wrong.

i would say that a majority of us are actually quite shrewd with money matters, and if we don't feel we're getting what we're paying you for, you'll be out the door very, very fast.

EDIT: I don't mean to generalize here, but seriously, implying that all Asians are that naive in business matters is kind of ignorant.


Wtf don't speak for us don't even say majority.

I don't care if it's your opinion, it's a false opinion about OTHER people. Asians are less business in conduct? Firing is strict and not our conduct? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

You're misreading. I essentially said, "We fire people just like everyone else in the business world." =__=



I'm sorry English is actually my first language, but I don't seem to understand how "Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture" translates into "We fire people just like everyone else in the business world."

Both those quotes are your EXACT words.

And if that second statement is what you intended from the beginning your 1st post was poorly worded and also rather pointless. The sky is blue. Yes. Wonderful. Asians use paper to write on just like everyone else. Keep those contributions coming.


Feel like you are responding the wrong person here bro.
wolfe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States761 Posts
August 04 2011 22:16 GMT
#868
On August 05 2011 07:15 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 07:14 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 07:11 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 07:10 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:21 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:08 baoluvboa wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:06 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)

Actually, the proper, professional response would be to fire the two workers playing beach ball at the office. The issue is that Coach Lee decided to withhold their salaries as a punishment, which is unjustifiable any way you look at it. Basically, he wanted FD and Trickster on the team so he could continue using them for marketing, but he didn't want to pay them even though they're salaried. You can't have it both ways. You either keep them on the team and pay them, or you fire them and pay them what you're supposed to pay them for the time they've been on the team.


Another way to look at it is that Asian culture tends to be more familiar and less business in conduct. By withholding wages, the coach is not cutting ties with his players completely but rather presenting a harsh incentive for them to work harder. Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture nor Sc2 since it is only a niche organization.

What I'm saying is that the coach's withholding of wages could be look at another perspective in that he only wants to make FD and Tester improve but not firing them from the team and the "family" completely.

Actually, I'm Asian (albeit not Korean), and I can tell you right now that you're quite wrong.

i would say that a majority of us are actually quite shrewd with money matters, and if we don't feel we're getting what we're paying you for, you'll be out the door very, very fast.

EDIT: I don't mean to generalize here, but seriously, implying that all Asians are that naive in business matters is kind of ignorant.


Wtf don't speak for us don't even say majority.

I don't care if it's your opinion, it's a false opinion about OTHER people. Asians are less business in conduct? Firing is strict and not our conduct? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

You're misreading. I essentially said, "We fire people just like everyone else in the business world." =__=



I'm sorry English is my first language, but I don't seem to understand how "Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture nor Sc2 since it is only a niche organization." translates into "We fire people just like everyone else in the business world."

And if that second statement is what you intended from the beginning your 1st post was poorly worded and also rather pointless. The sky is blue. Yes. Wonderful. Asians use paper to write on just like everyone else. Keep those contributions coming.

I didn't say that. baoluvboa did. I was responding to baoluvboa. Read the nested quotes, please.


........ sigh similar names, my bad. Why did you respond to my comment then? It wasn't even directed at you.
Swift as the wind, felt before noticed.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
August 04 2011 22:17 GMT
#869
On August 05 2011 07:16 wolfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 07:15 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 07:14 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 07:11 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 07:10 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:21 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:08 baoluvboa wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:06 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)

Actually, the proper, professional response would be to fire the two workers playing beach ball at the office. The issue is that Coach Lee decided to withhold their salaries as a punishment, which is unjustifiable any way you look at it. Basically, he wanted FD and Trickster on the team so he could continue using them for marketing, but he didn't want to pay them even though they're salaried. You can't have it both ways. You either keep them on the team and pay them, or you fire them and pay them what you're supposed to pay them for the time they've been on the team.


Another way to look at it is that Asian culture tends to be more familiar and less business in conduct. By withholding wages, the coach is not cutting ties with his players completely but rather presenting a harsh incentive for them to work harder. Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture nor Sc2 since it is only a niche organization.

What I'm saying is that the coach's withholding of wages could be look at another perspective in that he only wants to make FD and Tester improve but not firing them from the team and the "family" completely.

Actually, I'm Asian (albeit not Korean), and I can tell you right now that you're quite wrong.

i would say that a majority of us are actually quite shrewd with money matters, and if we don't feel we're getting what we're paying you for, you'll be out the door very, very fast.

EDIT: I don't mean to generalize here, but seriously, implying that all Asians are that naive in business matters is kind of ignorant.


Wtf don't speak for us don't even say majority.

I don't care if it's your opinion, it's a false opinion about OTHER people. Asians are less business in conduct? Firing is strict and not our conduct? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

You're misreading. I essentially said, "We fire people just like everyone else in the business world." =__=



I'm sorry English is my first language, but I don't seem to understand how "Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture nor Sc2 since it is only a niche organization." translates into "We fire people just like everyone else in the business world."

And if that second statement is what you intended from the beginning your 1st post was poorly worded and also rather pointless. The sky is blue. Yes. Wonderful. Asians use paper to write on just like everyone else. Keep those contributions coming.

I didn't say that. baoluvboa did. I was responding to baoluvboa. Read the nested quotes, please.


........ sigh similar names, my bad. Why did you respond to my comment then? It wasn't even directed at you.

Because you quoted me.
SxYSpAz
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1451 Posts
August 04 2011 22:18 GMT
#870
EG has to be happy to hear this. I still like the idea of a group coming together and beating all obstacles, and since TSL has some budget problems, i can almost understand why he tried it and if trickster and FD were that bad towards the end might deserve it.

that being said, if FD and trickster fight for the money, and get a bunch of people involved into what can turn into bad press, in light of all the other bad TSL stuff going on... seems like they should pay them. This looks terrible for TSL and i'm not sure if they can afford it.

Still, i wish luck to TSL and hope they make better future decisions.
wolfe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States761 Posts
August 04 2011 22:18 GMT
#871
On August 05 2011 07:17 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 07:16 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 07:15 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 07:14 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 07:11 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 07:10 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:21 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:08 baoluvboa wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:06 babylon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)

Actually, the proper, professional response would be to fire the two workers playing beach ball at the office. The issue is that Coach Lee decided to withhold their salaries as a punishment, which is unjustifiable any way you look at it. Basically, he wanted FD and Trickster on the team so he could continue using them for marketing, but he didn't want to pay them even though they're salaried. You can't have it both ways. You either keep them on the team and pay them, or you fire them and pay them what you're supposed to pay them for the time they've been on the team.


Another way to look at it is that Asian culture tends to be more familiar and less business in conduct. By withholding wages, the coach is not cutting ties with his players completely but rather presenting a harsh incentive for them to work harder. Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture nor Sc2 since it is only a niche organization.

What I'm saying is that the coach's withholding of wages could be look at another perspective in that he only wants to make FD and Tester improve but not firing them from the team and the "family" completely.

Actually, I'm Asian (albeit not Korean), and I can tell you right now that you're quite wrong.

i would say that a majority of us are actually quite shrewd with money matters, and if we don't feel we're getting what we're paying you for, you'll be out the door very, very fast.

EDIT: I don't mean to generalize here, but seriously, implying that all Asians are that naive in business matters is kind of ignorant.


Wtf don't speak for us don't even say majority.

I don't care if it's your opinion, it's a false opinion about OTHER people. Asians are less business in conduct? Firing is strict and not our conduct? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

You're misreading. I essentially said, "We fire people just like everyone else in the business world." =__=



I'm sorry English is my first language, but I don't seem to understand how "Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture nor Sc2 since it is only a niche organization." translates into "We fire people just like everyone else in the business world."

And if that second statement is what you intended from the beginning your 1st post was poorly worded and also rather pointless. The sky is blue. Yes. Wonderful. Asians use paper to write on just like everyone else. Keep those contributions coming.

I didn't say that. baoluvboa did. I was responding to baoluvboa. Read the nested quotes, please.


........ sigh similar names, my bad. Why did you respond to my comment then? It wasn't even directed at you.

Because you quoted me.


I'm sorry <3.
Swift as the wind, felt before noticed.
Kogan
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany84 Posts
August 04 2011 22:19 GMT
#872
FXO should buy TSL XD :D
Snake Grunger
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada61 Posts
August 04 2011 22:21 GMT
#873
Withholding pay is one of the lowest forms of 'punishment' or disciplinary measure, regardless of FD or Trickster's actions. It sides with slavery to a certain extent.

If an employee is lazy or a bad influence in a company, you can impose an ultimatum with regards to the players upping their performance or attitudes towards other players or the general team atmosphere - or have their contracts cancelled. That would have been the more responsible thing to do given the fact that Lee gave himself the power to withhold salary and (apparently) lying about a certain lack of funding.

(I'm not up to 100% par with all the following details, so don't flame me if I'm wrong) This also doesn't change the fact EG 'tapped up' PuMa without involving coach Lee in the negotiations, even though now that this case is settled and permitted to be discussed publicly we can now say "Oh that's also why he wanted to leave.", but on the other hand, given PuMa's performance during the NASL open, should they have contacted coach Lee directly and asked to purchase/trade PuMa from them, he would have probably said no ..

Don't you love politics ?
DOODLEcraft anyone ? http://doodlecraft.imgur.com/ -- @doodlecraft on Twitter
stangstang
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada281 Posts
August 04 2011 22:22 GMT
#874
On August 05 2011 07:19 Kogan wrote:
FXO should buy TSL XD :D


They wouldn't be guaranteed that the money spent on TSL goes to the actual players.

Zing!. T.T sorry I had to.
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
August 04 2011 22:23 GMT
#875
On August 05 2011 07:01 masterbreti wrote:
I really don't believe Lee would do this unless there is something else we do not know. Lee has been a nice guy whenever I've had contact with him.

I have a feeling it was more about using the expenses for players other than just food or snack money. I would assume Lee had to shell out almost 3k for aLive and Puma to go to NASL. Also he could have needed to buy new equiptment and such for the players or even new beds or new appliances.

I am suspicious maybe it was more about him wanting to be frugal and not wanting to give him the money cause tbh FD and tester got a lot and didn't do much.


Yeah, I have the feeling that there is more to this. Because really, despite what our Korean "experts" say, I don't think the sponsors would take it lightly if Coach Lee was pocketing their money and I'd think that the sponsors DO have some kind of contract.
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 22:28:31
August 04 2011 22:27 GMT
#876
I read the OP and thought this Lee guy is totally guilty.

Then I remembered this Lee here is actually the same coach Lee from MBC Game from the "Hyungjun become a progammer" show, the "mama bear".

That's quite a contrast in images.
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
August 04 2011 22:31 GMT
#877
On August 05 2011 07:27 dukethegold wrote:
I read the OP and thought this Lee guy is totally guilty.

Then I remembered this Lee here is actually the same coach Lee from MBC Game from the "Hyungjun become a progammer" show, the "mama bear".

That's quite a contrast in images.


yeah his that coach alright realy sad that his showing his true colors.
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Shai
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada806 Posts
August 04 2011 22:39 GMT
#878
If trickster and FD were contractually allowed to be "lazy" then they should just sue Lee for the money. Problem solved.
Eagerly awaiting Techies.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
August 04 2011 22:39 GMT
#879
Freaking FD. I wanted him to win so badly every time...now it comes out he didn't practice

moo...for DRG
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 22:43:50
August 04 2011 22:41 GMT
#880
On August 04 2011 20:40 brachester wrote:
As far as i understand from reading this translation is coach Lee holding their money not for himself, but to makes FD and Tester conduct themselves better for the team, beacuse they were being lazy yet get the highest paid out of all the players. So then they leave, notice how all the hardworking players like Clide doesn't have any problems?


Yeah that part doesn't sound like he did anything wrong. FD and Tester were paid 30k yearly salary right? Honestly that's a lot of money (the huge salary was to encourage their practice in the first place).

The only really wrong things he did were him lying about not getting paid sponsorship money and using FD and Tester in ads after they left.

It is disappointing but there's more to the story than what's being shown.
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1466
WardiTV703
OGKoka 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko427
OGKoka 248
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8424
Bisu 4643
FanTaSy 3449
Jaedong 2159
Shuttle 1515
EffOrt 1175
Horang2 782
BeSt 676
actioN 426
Larva 394
[ Show more ]
Mini 323
Stork 144
Mind 115
Zeus 114
Dewaltoss 94
Snow 90
910 74
Barracks 59
Mong 45
hero 42
ToSsGirL 42
soO 40
Sexy 38
Killer 31
sorry 28
Bale 26
JYJ 25
Free 21
Shine 21
Shinee 21
Aegong 19
Sacsri 14
scan(afreeca) 14
HiyA 13
zelot 13
Noble 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4357
qojqva1387
Dendi975
XaKoH 471
febbydoto22
Counter-Strike
x6flipin230
Other Games
singsing2806
olofmeister1255
hiko843
B2W.Neo699
Livibee671
crisheroes391
XBOCT260
Pyrionflax225
dupreeh65
Liquid`VortiX60
QueenE23
Hui .13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick621
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2082
• Nemesis1255
Other Games
• WagamamaTV176
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 52m
Replay Cast
9h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 52m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 52m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.