• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:53
CEST 19:53
KST 02:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8755 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 74 Next
vrok
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden2541 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-14 17:19:08
June 14 2011 17:18 GMT
#461
On June 12 2011 09:03 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2011 08:54 GGzerG wrote:

i like these models but won't i get banned for using this ?


I was just thinking this and wondering the same thing, I forgot to ask in my post though, so isn't this altering the IN GAME stuff and can potentially get you banned?


It's no more against the rules than altering your MPQ to get a different voice pack for in-game announcements. It's hardly something that will get you banned or even a warning.

And why would you think that that isn't against the rules as well? You can get banned for that too. Altering your client in any way can get you banned if caught. Period.
"Starcraft 2 very easy game" - White-Ra
TylerThaCreator
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States906 Posts
June 14 2011 17:28 GMT
#462
Would be awesome if this was an official part of the game, but I don't want to risk the ban. Amazing work though...you should try emailing blizzard or something
aka SethN
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 14 2011 19:20 GMT
#463
No one has gotten banned for altering graphics or sound. They COULD ban you but I doubt they care that much. Plus I would expect a warning or a patch that disables this before people actually get banned.

For people who dont want the extra teamcolor on buildings, you can open the mpq file u downloaded and remove any of them you want. It should be for the most part obvious which texture belongs to which unit/building
Kill the Deathball
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
June 14 2011 21:53 GMT
#464
Is it possible to combine this with the Korean sound pack?
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-14 23:21:07
June 14 2011 23:19 GMT
#465
On June 15 2011 06:53 vaderseven wrote:
Is it possible to combine this with the Korean sound pack?


Yeah, its completely possible. If they use the same mpq then just drag the files from inside one into the other.

Kill the Deathball
Kinetick
Profile Joined October 2010
United States55 Posts
June 14 2011 23:32 GMT
#466
That's wild. I might have to download this.

Also, the picture of the warpgates is some sort of optical illusion. It seems like the enlarge when you scroll down while looking at the picture.
"What is they were lions from hell?" - Tasteless
Sleeky
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada31 Posts
June 15 2011 03:05 GMT
#467
The word document instantly freezes and won't respond when i download it. Any help?
wr is hot
DaFoo
Profile Joined July 2010
United States68 Posts
June 15 2011 03:16 GMT
#468
I really like this idea, and the colors look great. I can see how this can be very useful in spectating games. It makes it really easy to distinuish which army is whose. The problem I feel like is that it sort of takes away some of the quality on the graphics. I don;t know how to explain it exactly, maybe the texture?, but something just seems off when the colors are very protruding.
Great job, however, I really do like this idea and hope that you can find a solution to balance both these problems.
alokin
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada269 Posts
June 15 2011 08:57 GMT
#469
Everything about this is sweet. EXCEPT: The fungal's.....


I NEVER know which units are fungal'd... can you get a fix on this please?? thanks
twitch.tv/alokin1 come join me!
FiLmBoT
Profile Joined June 2011
United States107 Posts
June 15 2011 09:27 GMT
#470
I wish blizzard would let you do this without getting banned!
linduxed
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden111 Posts
June 15 2011 10:04 GMT
#471
I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but can we have a version number for the textures?

It's easier to know if something has changed that way.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-15 11:04:41
June 15 2011 11:02 GMT
#472
On June 15 2011 19:04 linduxed wrote:
I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but can we have a version number for the textures?

It's easier to know if something has changed that way.


Ohh sorry about this. Yeah sure ill make it version 1.0 I guess. I havent uploaded any changes since release because I dont want to make people download too often. But once I make a few more ill update.

No teamcolor on collossi legs and less teamcolor on zerg buildings while they are being morphed are some things im changing. And hopefully also a fix for fungal.

Also I made creep have more detail. I didnt mean to include this in the mpq but I think I did. If anyone is unpleased with the creep then remove the files that start with creep in the mpq. I will probably remove this from future releases since it is unrelated.
Kill the Deathball
Bidj
Profile Joined September 2010
France98 Posts
June 15 2011 11:17 GMT
#473
Would it be possible to switch 2 colors with a similar method ?
Rooooaaaar
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 15 2011 12:47 GMT
#474
On June 15 2011 20:17 Bidj wrote:
Would it be possible to switch 2 colors with a similar method ?

Sorry im not sure what you mean. If you are asking whether something like this can be used to, for example, change the color red for orange, then no it cant since the actual teamcolor isnt in the textures. The textures only contain the intensity of whichever color will be used.
Kill the Deathball
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
June 15 2011 12:54 GMT
#475
On June 15 2011 02:18 vrok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2011 09:03 Fruscainte wrote:
On June 12 2011 08:54 GGzerG wrote:

i like these models but won't i get banned for using this ?


I was just thinking this and wondering the same thing, I forgot to ask in my post though, so isn't this altering the IN GAME stuff and can potentially get you banned?


It's no more against the rules than altering your MPQ to get a different voice pack for in-game announcements. It's hardly something that will get you banned or even a warning.

And why would you think that that isn't against the rules as well? You can get banned for that too. Altering your client in any way can get you banned if caught. Period.


You really think Blizzard is going out of their way to ban people for altering their .mpq to have korean voices and changing the color of units?
Warzilla
Profile Joined December 2010
Czech Republic311 Posts
June 15 2011 13:33 GMT
#476
very nice units,when i saw it in game i just felt like the nexus color refinement is a little bit too extreme and doesnt look very good Otherwise excelent looking in every way
"AFTER LOST GAME - I usually run around in circles yelling "WHY OH GOD WHY" in my room, pointing towards the sky. After 5 to 10min ,i get tired and go back to playing"
Lokian
Profile Joined March 2010
United States699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-15 13:40:45
June 15 2011 13:40 GMT
#477
normal matchups don't matter but when it comes to mirror matchups, its very hard to see sometimes especially for the zerg. i wouldn't mind a slight color change in mirror matchups but I think if units are going to be recolored, it should be consistant in all matchups.

that said, blizzard, take notes!
Watch my gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BedinSpace
r_con
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States824 Posts
June 15 2011 14:13 GMT
#478
have you watched a zergling versus zergling battle in starcraft 2?

stuff is so hard to see, i would support the bright colors.

I would like it an option in the menu, like "bright textures" sort of how you can alt+F to change team colors, id like alt+B or something for bright textures.
Flash Fan!
Spaceboy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom220 Posts
June 15 2011 14:42 GMT
#479
Wow this is great, I've always thought that this is how the game should look since I first saw it... I mean really, SC2 is designed as an e-sport first, so surely clarity should take precedence over stylishness of visuals Not that they look bad like this! Far from it, but if I had to make a choice I'd always go with clarity first :D
I am terrible at this game!
Bodom
Profile Joined May 2011
United States17 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 04:34:18
June 16 2011 03:59 GMT
#480
-removed- Because I can't read.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 237
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 237
BRAT_OK 64
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27127
Mini 431
Hyuk 238
firebathero 186
ggaemo 138
Liquid`Ret 72
Mong 54
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 25
PianO 23
[ Show more ]
Bale 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10141
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1344
crisheroes1164
Liquid`Hasu704
Other Games
Grubby2863
FrodaN1802
fl0m1177
Beastyqt1041
Mlord445
KnowMe182
Livibee145
ArmadaUGS129
mouzStarbuck82
Mew2King65
Trikslyr45
ToD41
CosmosSc2 17
Chillindude13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1022
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 94
• StrangeGG 58
• mYiSmile119
• LUISG 15
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8029
Other Games
• imaqtpie623
• Shiphtur302
• WagamamaTV236
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 7m
INu's Battles
18h 7m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 7m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.