• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:04
CEST 19:04
KST 02:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9257 users

Interview with Code A caster KellyMilkies - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Gingerninja
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1339 Posts
February 21 2011 23:19 GMT
#381
I had no issues understanding her at all, her casting IMO was greatly improved over the VoD's posted last week. Calling hellions "Race Cars" was fine with me, she was clearly just attempting to be cute, people call battlecruisers - Cattlebruisers all the time which is just as pointless tbh.
Biggest problem was I think she's more used to being lead caster so she needs to get used to Co-casting more, (this is a problem levelled at Day[9] also ) also her and tasteless's casting styles are similar and as such don't overly complement each other greatly, although you could see by the end they'd loosened up toward each other. I feel she would greatly improve if casting alongside Artosis for Analysis and leave her to the play by play.

Really can't understand why people struggle so hard with her accent.. it's just a typical Asian English accent, no more no less. Yes she could do with slowing down sometimes so she doesn't trip herself up and ramble, but that's something that can be learnt through experience.
戦いの中に答えはある
Kickboxer
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Slovenia1308 Posts
February 21 2011 23:29 GMT
#382
I'm from Central Europe and I understand everything she says.

Those of you who can't understand her probably need to work on your own English.

Pretty ironic isn't it :p
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
February 21 2011 23:31 GMT
#383
On February 22 2011 08:29 Kickboxer wrote:
I'm from Central Europe and I understand everything she says.

Those of you who can't understand her probably need to work on your own English.

Pretty ironic isn't it :p

It was only really the DoTA casts that she did where I couldn't understand her. Outside of that I can understand her but in those games I literally didn't know wtf she was saying.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
fadestep
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States605 Posts
February 21 2011 23:37 GMT
#384
Really not digging it. I want Tastosis back.
not a hero
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
February 21 2011 23:39 GMT
#385
I really dont get how people cannot understand her.
Ghost Prototype
Profile Joined January 2011
United States20 Posts
February 21 2011 23:45 GMT
#386
I think she is a good choice for a caster. Given some of the guest casters they've had, I'm quite happy they chose somebody who, if nothing else is very entertaining.

I'll just always remember "Nicole, something terrible has happened.......I have no drones"
imaROBOT
Profile Joined August 2010
United States81 Posts
February 21 2011 23:52 GMT
#387
She is not doing just fine, doesn't matter how many days she casts her voice will not magically change.
co$.imaROBOT.Church of $in - Protoss
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
February 21 2011 23:55 GMT
#388
I scrolled through this thread just to find out how many people would get banned.

At first I didn't really like her casting and I made fun of her for about 30 minutes. After that I realized that she wasn't a bad caster, and that he accent wasn't really that bad. You can understand what she was saying. After some time I realized I just didn't like the change, without Artosis I felt bare.
She should do fine, but she needs to relax a bit.
Wishing you well.
bronzeterran
Profile Joined September 2010
United States296 Posts
February 21 2011 23:56 GMT
#389
From the start of the cast to the end she improved a ton. She's also has good chemistry with Tasteless. It's okay, not great, but I don't mind it now.
MK4512
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada938 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 23:58:22
February 21 2011 23:57 GMT
#390
On February 21 2011 19:27 OptimusYale wrote:
Starcraft 2 is coming out!

Nerds: WE DONT LIKE CHANGE, ROAR BROOD WARS IS WAY BETTER IM NOT GIVING SC2 TIME TO EVOLVE!

New observer system in GSL

NERDS: WE DONT LIKE CHANGE, ROAR TASTELESS SHOULD HAVE THE OBSERVING RIGHTS BECAUSE ITS CHANGED AND WE DONT WANT TO GIVE IT TIME!

New commentator who's a girl

NERDS: WE DONT LIKE CHANGE, IT SHOULD BE TASTELESS AND ARTOSIS CASTING 300 GAMES A DAY!!!! LETS NOT GIVE HER A CHANCE!


Seriously nerds, life's going to change and you have to adapt. The reason your socially awkward is because you don't like change. She's good, her accent is a non issue, she commentates well. Remember how nervous you were on your first day of school, or your first day of work. Now put that in front of a huge international audience and you'll imagine how difficult it will be! Stop the whining and live with the change. She's better than the korean female commentator, and having a female speak in my ear makes me feel much less gay than listening than 2 guys all the time!

Her knowledge is very good, her humor will get more natural as she settles down, her accent will become neutral in time, her english is perfect. To those who say it's not, have you ever taught people who are learning english as a second language? Their lexical choice is often disjointed and their grammar has minor inflectional errors. As a language major and an english grammar teacher, I would say shes better grammatically than I guess 70% of native english speakers because we change the grammar to be more conversational and often its wrong!


Obviously if I disagree with you I am social awkward and a gigantic failure...

The gsl is the top of starcraft tournaments, and with that you need the top casters. She is not. The GSL is not where you go to 'improve' it's where you go when you're the best.

Sure you can improve while you're there, but you need to be good going in. And she isn't. And if that makes me racist then I guess I'm a racist.

EDIT: I don't give a crap if she's a girl. I don't care if tastosis were girls, I dont care how manly or un manly I feel as I watch starcraft. All I want is the best experience, and kelly doesn't provide that.
Chill: "Please let us know when you will be streaming yourself eating a hat so I can put it on the calendar. Thanks."
dkim
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States255 Posts
February 21 2011 23:59 GMT
#391
watched it last night, and I can't understand her at all. I understand parts of it but I have to really try to listen to it and things she says doesn't seem that meaningful to pay extra attention in understanding her. so it seems like I end up blocking her out during code A casts.

no one can deny that her tone and accent is off. and it seems like she tries to say something then gets mental blocked and tries again to say the same shit only to fail miserably. she is having hard time trying to express her thoughts in english and compound that with horrible accent and tone, you have KellyMilkies.

poor choice for Code A caster Gom.
raf3776
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1904 Posts
February 22 2011 00:00 GMT
#392
I feel the only reason people dont like her is cuz they dont WANT to like her. Everyone got used to artosis and tasteless and dont want change. Even if its for the health of the casters (which is quite selfish of people.) but honestly the only problem i had with the cast was the communication between her and tasteless. Once they get to know eachother the cast will be really smooth. Her accent isnt that bad and she does know the game. Its better than most of the blizzcon fill ins then had.
WWJD (What Would Jaedong Do)
infinity2k9
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom2397 Posts
February 22 2011 00:05 GMT
#393
I'm not particularly a fan of SC2, and watching games with her commentate is not helping matters. If i had actually paid money to watch the GSL, and then have this unprofessional amateur attempt at casting, then i would not pay in the future. Even having Tasteless/Artosis is kinda boring now, and was never *that* professional.. the Korean's get actual experienced and knowledgeable progamers on both their BW and SC2 commentary teams. Having someone charismatic and knowledgeable should be a key thing to make the broadcasts appeal to a wide audience. This is no better than an amateurs attempt on youtube.
TypeMoon
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada30 Posts
February 22 2011 00:08 GMT
#394
thx for the interview! kelly atucally makes code a interesting to watch now
Vimsey
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom2235 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-22 00:22:52
February 22 2011 00:09 GMT
#395
On February 22 2011 08:05 akaname wrote:
I'm sorry, but I really enjoyed her casting, didn't have a problem with her accent at all, and i think she's suited to code a (artosis and tasteless often just made fun of players, not their finest moments), with the big guns tasteless and artosis for code s.

i think a lot of the things people pick her up on (sense of humour, catch phrases, etc) is totally unfair and you can see plenty of examples of it tasteless for example getting players names wrong.

As i said, i have no problem personally, but given the debate I do find it funny now that the top of my screen the title is followed by the google ads:

Interview with Code A caster KellyMilkies:
Learn a British Accent
An instant download that teaches you Standard British / RP!
Learn to Speak Clearly
with an American or British accent 15 min/day. Only £29.97. Start NOW!


I wouldnt buy either of those since there is no such thing as a British accent for a start. English, Scottish, Cornish, Welsh or Irish maybe but not British. Many speakers have their own grammar flaws in those regions because they had and in many cases still have a mother tongue that is not English. Many British regional accents would be more incomprehensible than hers. Its why some British TV shows have subtitles put on them when they are aired in the US. I suspect they try and teach you a plummy false one like the one TotalBiscuit uses for clarity but then he gets bashed for doing that by many as well.
dkim
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States255 Posts
February 22 2011 00:11 GMT
#396
the fact is this is supposed to be ENGLISH STARCRAFT2 COMMENTARY
and #1 qualification for being an ENGLISH COMMENTATOR is verbal English skills
#2 knowledge about starcraft 2

I really would like to know what casting qualities GOM saw in her when they hired her. she does not meet two criteria I mentioned above AT ALL.
dar0za
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada74 Posts
February 22 2011 00:21 GMT
#397
I understood her 100% fine. I get the feeling a lot of people just aren't used to hearing a wide range of accents. Aside from the accent and a few mispronounciations, I didn't notice anything bad or awkward happen that hasn't happened with our beloved Tastosis from time to time before. She's definitely not ready for Code S games and not sure if she ever will but I can see she's taking it seriously, I'm assuming she will take a lot of the criticism constructively and improve. Was also impressed she has a pretty deep understanding of the game, notices when the important upgrades are complete, has a good sense of what units are worth, etc... Plus she's a cutie.
open your mind a little too much and your brain will fall out. | sansfromage #302
xbankx
Profile Joined July 2010
703 Posts
February 22 2011 00:25 GMT
#398
She has more game knowledge in Tasteless IMO. At least she try to get into the mind game and stuff, don't like her accent but her casting is above average. Tasteless really need to improve though.
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
February 22 2011 00:37 GMT
#399
On February 22 2011 09:25 xbankx wrote:
She has more game knowledge in Tasteless IMO. At least she try to get into the mind game and stuff, don't like her accent but her casting is above average. Tasteless really need to improve though.


In the beginning of the thread somebody claimed she had more game knowledge than Artosis, and now this?

Are you serious?
We make signature, then defense it.
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-22 00:49:35
February 22 2011 00:49 GMT
#400
I'm not really a big fan of her as a caster either, but it seems she is a logical choice. I'd imagine that when changing from Artosis to someone else, it's pretty difficult for anyone to fit in his shoes. Having a female caster is probably something that could potentially draw a new audience in, so it seems smart to go with that. They're not likely to get many new viewers with a downgraded version of Artosis, after all, so female is a good plan. And as far as her accent, well, anyone they chose would have one. It's rather unlikely that it would be easy to find a qualified American caster living in Korea. At least not a female one, anyways.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem438
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 438
IndyStarCraft 194
Railgan 68
BRAT_OK 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24366
Shuttle 2396
BeSt 469
Larva 377
Soma 165
Mind 162
Dewaltoss 110
Last 86
Sexy 68
hero 66
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 54
Zeus 52
Hyun 44
Killer 39
ToSsGirL 25
NaDa 23
Bale 20
Rock 18
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5255
qojqva2890
Dendi1272
420jenkins438
Counter-Strike
fl0m4128
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3661
Khaldor1322
Liquid`Hasu1059
MindelVK13
Other Games
FrodaN2090
singsing1825
byalli934
B2W.Neo818
ArmadaUGS190
Hui .169
KnowMe134
QueenE93
Mew2King56
CosmosSc2 27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1061
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 44
• FirePhoenix2
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3981
League of Legends
• Nemesis2749
Other Games
• Shiphtur287
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 57m
Replay Cast
5h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 57m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 57m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.