• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:25
CEST 13:25
KST 20:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12493 users

Patch 1.2.0 on PTR - Page 157

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 Next
TrinitySC
Profile Joined December 2010
101 Posts
January 04 2011 04:35 GMT
#3121
On January 04 2011 13:29 Hydrogen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2011 13:25 vontz wrote:
can you still wall off at the bottom of your ramp with a barracks and a depot? or does the ramp change effect that walloff too?


I hope not that would suck, also HOTKEY FTW


I'm pretty confident you no longer can wall off w/ a depot and a rax. Either that or I just suck at walling in

and hotkeys, fuck yea.
Hydrogen
Profile Joined November 2010
United States12 Posts
January 04 2011 05:07 GMT
#3122
On January 04 2011 13:35 TrinitySC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2011 13:29 Hydrogen wrote:
On January 04 2011 13:25 vontz wrote:
can you still wall off at the bottom of your ramp with a barracks and a depot? or does the ramp change effect that walloff too?


I hope not that would suck, also HOTKEY FTW


I'm pretty confident you no longer can wall off w/ a depot and a rax. Either that or I just suck at walling in

and hotkeys, fuck yea.


Ugh lame
Bean54
Profile Joined September 2010
United States85 Posts
January 05 2011 01:39 GMT
#3123
so does anyone actually know the requirements for master's league? It was in the PTR right?
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
January 06 2011 05:57 GMT
#3124
Aw darn just realized you can't do the 2 building wall off at the bottom xD oh well.

Master's League was not in the PTR, and will not necessarily be released the same time as patch 1.2 (i'm 90% sure about this). However the ladder reset/master league will come just "soon" after. It will be great however if they manage to get Patch 1.2 and ladder updates out.

Also Bean54, Master's League is top 5% of all [active] Diamond players. So for NA server, if you're in about the top 2100, you're in Master's League. At this point it would be 2450 + skill level. Now remember they don't promote you based on points, I'm simply pointing out at around what skill level you will need to be at. So anyways, pretty achievable imo for anyone decent at the game and willing to put more time into it.

I for one will be really happy when I finally get in. I can show my nooby school peers that I'm better than they will ever be
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
aquanda
Profile Joined January 2003
United States477 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-06 06:51:23
January 06 2011 06:46 GMT
#3125
I asked NTT yesterday if you could still wall at the bottom of the ramp (with only 2 buildings) and he said he tested it and you still can.

Does anyone KNOW (as in they've tested it on the PTR) if you can still use your worker to bypass a zealot wall by clicking on their minerals? I thought I read that they changed some of the worker pathing behavior, but haven't tested this out.

There is some interpretation done in this thread about what the wording means but I was just curious to see if anyone has actually verified.
Traveler
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States451 Posts
January 09 2011 04:57 GMT
#3126
Does anyone think that them screwing with the build grid is going to affect more things than whether or not the ramp can be blocked off with 2 pylons?
Can you ever argue in favor of something without first proving it?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 09 2011 05:03 GMT
#3127
On January 06 2011 15:46 aquanda wrote:
I asked NTT yesterday if you could still wall at the bottom of the ramp (with only 2 buildings) and he said he tested it and you still can.

Does anyone KNOW (as in they've tested it on the PTR) if you can still use your worker to bypass a zealot wall by clicking on their minerals? I thought I read that they changed some of the worker pathing behavior, but haven't tested this out.

There is some interpretation done in this thread about what the wording means but I was just curious to see if anyone has actually verified.


I tried it with toss you can NOT pylon wall off with 2 pylons anymore it does take 3.

Terran can still do 2 bunker wall off though that still works fine
When I think of something else, something will go here
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
January 09 2011 05:15 GMT
#3128
On January 06 2011 15:46 aquanda wrote:
I asked NTT yesterday if you could still wall at the bottom of the ramp (with only 2 buildings) and he said he tested it and you still can.

Does anyone KNOW (as in they've tested it on the PTR) if you can still use your worker to bypass a zealot wall by clicking on their minerals? I thought I read that they changed some of the worker pathing behavior, but haven't tested this out.

There is some interpretation done in this thread about what the wording means but I was just curious to see if anyone has actually verified.


You can still walk through zealots. I tested.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
Uncultured
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1340 Posts
January 10 2011 00:08 GMT
#3129
So we're past the first week of January right? Can we officially call this "pushed back"?


I'm disappointed.
Don't you rage when you lose too? -FruitDealer
jnkw
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada347 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-10 00:11:25
January 10 2011 00:10 GMT
#3130
On January 06 2011 15:46 aquanda wrote:
I asked NTT yesterday if you could still wall at the bottom of the ramp (with only 2 buildings) and he said he tested it and you still can.

Does anyone KNOW (as in they've tested it on the PTR) if you can still use your worker to bypass a zealot wall by clicking on their minerals? I thought I read that they changed some of the worker pathing behavior, but haven't tested this out.

There is some interpretation done in this thread about what the wording means but I was just curious to see if anyone has actually verified.


I believe the change was that workers can no longer move through forcefields using the mineral trick.

EDIT: To the people who are wondering about an ETA, an edit on the PTR forums post by Blizz indicates that the ETA for the patch was "next week" as of 5/1/2011. That probably means we'll see a patch in the coming week, barring any additional problems.
tnud
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden2233 Posts
January 10 2011 00:10 GMT
#3131
On January 10 2011 09:08 Uncultured wrote:
So we're past the first week of January right? Can we officially call this "pushed back"?


I'm disappointed.

There has been a post on the official forums telling us that it's coming next week. (week 2 of January).
- ಠ_ಠ - | disinfect wrote: AHAHHAHAHA 2DG FUCK ME ALREADY.
Uncultured
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1340 Posts
January 10 2011 00:11 GMT
#3132
On January 10 2011 09:10 tnud wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2011 09:08 Uncultured wrote:
So we're past the first week of January right? Can we officially call this "pushed back"?


I'm disappointed.

There has been a post on the official forums telling us that it's coming next week. (week 2 of January).


Thank you.
Don't you rage when you lose too? -FruitDealer
Twelve12
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia268 Posts
January 10 2011 15:20 GMT
#3133
I was practising my response to the pylon wall in as zerg, but next week i wont have to bother
WindOw
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden407 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-10 15:23:02
January 10 2011 15:22 GMT
#3134
Whats up with the delay anyway :o
AKA WindOw[InCa] (BW) | TheMisT (SC2) | NaNiwa FC founder
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
January 10 2011 15:29 GMT
#3135
On January 11 2011 00:22 WindOw wrote:
Whats up with the delay anyway :o

it's blizzard, what do u expect.
given that they stated it will be comin out this week, and blizzard's notorious for patching on tuesday's, i fully expect the patch to come out tomorrow late afternoon.
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
ezasspy
Profile Joined November 2010
Moldova5 Posts
January 10 2011 15:42 GMT
#3136
i think were gonna see a pylon+gateway block into zealot chrono boostage action, so zerg players dont worry xD
Th1rdEye
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1074 Posts
January 10 2011 15:42 GMT
#3137
Biggest thing im happy about is the creep spread. It annoys me that some maps you can put down a spine crawler at your natural facing your choke, then another map u have to wait another 5-10 seconds before you can place it cuz of creep spread.
from the days of: TheMarine [NC]...YellOw [H.O.T.]-Forever99 OgOgO [_MuMyung_] ChRh PlayGrrrr.... SlayerS_`BoxeR` [Oops]Reach [ReD]NaDa [DF]zergboy..!! Pusan[S.G] Nal_rA GARIMTO SSamJJang ChoJJa JinSu Silent_Control iloveoov H_PauL_WII JulyZerg [DaK]JoYo
Achilles
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada385 Posts
January 10 2011 15:44 GMT
#3138
On January 10 2011 09:10 jnkw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2011 15:46 aquanda wrote:
I asked NTT yesterday if you could still wall at the bottom of the ramp (with only 2 buildings) and he said he tested it and you still can.

Does anyone KNOW (as in they've tested it on the PTR) if you can still use your worker to bypass a zealot wall by clicking on their minerals? I thought I read that they changed some of the worker pathing behavior, but haven't tested this out.

There is some interpretation done in this thread about what the wording means but I was just curious to see if anyone has actually verified.


I believe the change was that workers can no longer move through forcefields using the mineral trick.



That was ghost patched in the current version
[rS]Gluske // http://www.rsgaming.com // Troku[tC]
Aelfric
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Turkey1496 Posts
January 10 2011 15:54 GMT
#3139
Wait a sec, did blizz change the fungral again ? It says fungral no longer affects air units ? I thought they take it back as it was ?
Tomorrow never comes until its too late...
WindOw
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden407 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-10 16:17:26
January 10 2011 16:12 GMT
#3140
On January 11 2011 00:42 ezasspy wrote:
i think were gonna see a pylon+gateway block into zealot chrono boostage action, so zerg players dont worry xD


Actually i just tested 1 pylon forge in a game, works just as good but its a bit more expencive but does the trick (enables cannon below ramp) however the one pylon will be more exploited so it wont be as much powerful but still =)

On January 11 2011 00:54 Aelfric wrote:
Wait a sec, did blizz change the fungral again ? It says fungral no longer affects air units ? I thought they take it back as it was ?


From what i've read fungal will still affect air, no changes there (again).

On January 09 2011 14:03 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2011 15:46 aquanda wrote:
I asked NTT yesterday if you could still wall at the bottom of the ramp (with only 2 buildings) and he said he tested it and you still can.

Does anyone KNOW (as in they've tested it on the PTR) if you can still use your worker to bypass a zealot wall by clicking on their minerals? I thought I read that they changed some of the worker pathing behavior, but haven't tested this out.

There is some interpretation done in this thread about what the wording means but I was just curious to see if anyone has actually verified.


I tried it with toss you can NOT pylon wall off with 2 pylons anymore it does take 3.

Terran can still do 2 bunker wall off though that still works fine



This needs to be fixed, if double pylon block is nerfed i dont see any reason why this shoulnt be aswell
AKA WindOw[InCa] (BW) | TheMisT (SC2) | NaNiwa FC founder
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings103
CranKy Ducklings SOOP26
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko241
ProTech143
SHIN 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17227
Hyuk 1194
Bisu 899
Mind 895
Shuttle 888
Larva 429
firebathero 285
Mini 210
Soma 205
EffOrt 125
[ Show more ]
Last 122
Leta 110
Zeus 82
ZerO 75
Hyun 74
Pusan 66
Hm[arnc] 52
sorry 47
Sexy 40
PianO 38
Bale 34
Killer 30
ToSsGirL 30
Trap 29
Aegong 23
hero 14
Noble 12
yabsab 12
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe580
Dendi572
XaKoH 461
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1521
Other Games
gofns28087
singsing2399
B2W.Neo739
crisheroes321
OGKoka 157
Mew2King135
DeMusliM132
ArmadaUGS60
Livibee53
Happy26
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream210
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Gemini_19 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7701
League of Legends
• Jankos1316
Other Games
• WagamamaTV164
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 35m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 35m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 35m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.