• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:15
CEST 00:15
KST 07:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11854 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 445

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 443 444 445 446 447 2731 Next
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-03 17:51:17
February 03 2011 17:28 GMT
#8881
On February 04 2011 01:48 echO [W] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2011 17:27 zaii wrote:
JP, Are you planning to discuss extended series with Sundance next week?

I realize this topic has been beaten to death, and I'm sure Sundance has heard it already, but I think he really needs to hear it from a whole host of professionals, both who play the game and use basic analogies to describe it, such as I believe iNcontroL's argument as to why someone should receive a handicap (50 pound gloves), and Day[9]'s mathematical arguments.

While MLG is awesome and throws one hell of a show and I'm a huge fan and watch every event, sometimes I get the feeling that they aren't listening, especially when Lee threw out the retort to the effect of "well we're the only NA tournament that is running at this stage" when others on the show pointed out that no one uses extended series in Korea.


I still dont want to hear about extended series unless there is some new ideas/content about it.

Also wasn't Tyler in favour (or at least not opposed) to extended series.

And I doubt JP would bring his boss onto the show to get beaten on about extended series.
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-03 17:33:12
February 03 2011 17:32 GMT
#8882
On February 04 2011 02:28 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 01:48 echO [W] wrote:
On February 03 2011 17:27 zaii wrote:
JP, Are you planning to discuss extended series with Sundance next week?

I realize this topic has been beaten to death, and I'm sure Sundance has heard it already, but I think he really needs to hear it from a whole host of professionals, both who play the game and use basic analogies to describe it, such as I believe iNcontroL's argument as to why someone should receive a handicap (50 pound gloves), and Day[9]'s mathematical arguments.

While MLG is awesome and throws one hell of a show and I'm a huge fan and watch every event, sometimes I get the feeling that they aren't listening, especially when Lee threw out the retort to the effect of "well we're the only NA tournament that is running at this stage" when others on the show pointed out that no one uses extended series in Korea.


I still dont want to hear about extended series unless there is some ideas/content about it.

Also wasn't Tyler in favour (or at least not opposed) to extended series.

And I doubt JP would bring his boss onto the show to get beaten on about extended series.

Yeah, Tyler was in favor, and yeah you're probably right. :/ Its just knowing how much $ is now on the line, especially $50,000 for the championship, just think about how ridiculous the scenario might get.
"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
croupier
Profile Joined July 2010
United States92 Posts
February 03 2011 18:01 GMT
#8883
Episode 25 is still not showing up for my podcast application (podcaster). I unsubscribed & re-added the RSS feed but still no go. Is this expected? I do see the disclaimer "This will not be up on iTunes..." but I'm not sure if that still applies or even ever applied to the RSS feed. Also, i notice that Episode 25 doesn't have the "Play Now" link like all the other episodes do.

Is this a user error on my part?
itmeJP
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1101 Posts
February 03 2011 18:06 GMT
#8884
On February 04 2011 03:01 croupier wrote:
Episode 25 is still not showing up for my podcast application (podcaster). I unsubscribed & re-added the RSS feed but still no go. Is this expected? I do see the disclaimer "This will not be up on iTunes..." but I'm not sure if that still applies or even ever applied to the RSS feed. Also, i notice that Episode 25 doesn't have the "Play Now" link like all the other episodes do.

Is this a user error on my part?

No. Something is up with iTunes not accepting the new feed. I'll have to look into it later today as I'm wrapped up in meetings till around 5 central. Sorry.
Twitter.com/itmeJP -- Twitch.tv/itmeJP -- YouTube.com/itmeJP
croupier
Profile Joined July 2010
United States92 Posts
February 03 2011 18:12 GMT
#8885
Thanks for the super quick reply JP! No need at all to apologize - you're providing us with free content that's awesome. Looking forward to listening to the episode when it goes up.
Lowell
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany346 Posts
February 03 2011 18:17 GMT
#8886
Are you guys gonna talk about the new Idra & Artosis show? Would be awesome :D :D
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
February 03 2011 18:38 GMT
#8887
Dudes -

Did Geoff make his "big announcement"? I swear I heard on Bitter's stream he said he was going to make some kind of massive announcement. I just listened to SOTG and didn't hear anything super earth-shattering. Did I miss something or is he putting it off a while longer?
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
February 03 2011 18:42 GMT
#8888
On February 04 2011 03:38 IPA wrote:
Dudes -

Did Geoff make his "big announcement"? I swear I heard on Bitter's stream he said he was going to make some kind of massive announcement. I just listened to SOTG and didn't hear anything super earth-shattering. Did I miss something or is he putting it off a while longer?

He said he'd love to make the announcement but that he could only say that it'll be announced in February. Something to do with him and whoever it was moving to California, or it sounded like that was a piece of the puzzle.
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
February 03 2011 18:46 GMT
#8889
Ty sir.
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
zere
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1287 Posts
February 03 2011 19:16 GMT
#8890
I think it was Gretorp along with him.
And I can not find it anymore, but I am pretty sure of hearing him say something about the "biggest SC event/tournament in the western world". As in 'ever'. Someone got a timestamp for that? Or was it in the preshow?
ModeratorWenn ich einmal traurig bin, dann trink' ich einen Korn. Wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann trink' ich noch 'nen Korn. Und wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann fang' ich an von vorn!
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
February 03 2011 19:29 GMT
#8891
On February 04 2011 04:16 zere wrote:
I think it was Gretorp along with him.
And I can not find it anymore, but I am pretty sure of hearing him say something about the "biggest SC event/tournament in the western world". As in 'ever'. Someone got a timestamp for that? Or was it in the preshow?

Wasn't in the pre-show, I believe he said biggest SC2/e-sports event, rather than tournament. It could be anything really.
Furycrab
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada456 Posts
February 03 2011 19:29 GMT
#8892
On February 04 2011 03:38 IPA wrote:
Dudes -

Did Geoff make his "big announcement"? I swear I heard on Bitter's stream he said he was going to make some kind of massive announcement. I just listened to SOTG and didn't hear anything super earth-shattering. Did I miss something or is he putting it off a while longer?


We should go for some completely baseless speculation on what the announcement is going to be.

I think he's gonna announce his long lost love and appreciation for Artosis as both a player and a person, and state that he is giving him his spot on State of the game so he can spend more time playing WoW.

Dun duh dun!!! *Insert random dramatic music*
Too tired to come up with something witty.
maxtodd
Profile Joined June 2010
58 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-03 19:30:10
February 03 2011 19:29 GMT
#8893
Does anyone think Tyler sounds a lot like Gabe from the American version of the TV show The Office?

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/andys-play-clip-one/1253378/

Sorry internationals, not sure you can watch this :X
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-03 19:33:46
February 03 2011 19:33 GMT
#8894
Thank you so much guys, I am so happy to have this back again. I missed listening to this every Wednesday at work, it was the highlight of my week. Just finished the episode and it was great, thanks for the hard work bringing this to us. Also I just found the nearly 1 hour preshow so that means my afternoon is going to be so much better.

You have to be use to it by now, but don't let the detractors take away from what you are doing. Most people love this show even if they don't spam it as often. I am excited about the "ASSEMBLY Winter" I hadn't even heard about it before this.
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
rolfe
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
February 03 2011 19:50 GMT
#8895
On February 04 2011 01:43 heishe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2011 23:20 RationalGaze wrote:
On February 03 2011 14:07 rolfe wrote:
Is it just me or does iNcontroLs "troll on teamliquid" voice sound kinda like cartman?


All his impressions sound like the voice actor that does Carman's voice, so it makes everything 10 times funnier since I picture a South Park character speaking. Especially his Korean impression, it sounds exactly like Kim Jong Il from the Team America.


Someone in the "Did you ever notice.." thread postulated that anyones voice when trying to do an impression of any person sounds 50% like cartman from South Park. I didn't notice it yet but it seems to be true


LOL. that actually sounds scarily true. i don't think i'm ever gonna hear accents the same again
life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously but there it is. Life finds a way
coddan
Profile Joined May 2010
Estonia890 Posts
February 03 2011 20:38 GMT
#8896
On February 04 2011 04:29 vyyye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 04:16 zere wrote:
I think it was Gretorp along with him.
And I can not find it anymore, but I am pretty sure of hearing him say something about the "biggest SC event/tournament in the western world". As in 'ever'. Someone got a timestamp for that? Or was it in the preshow?

Wasn't in the pre-show, I believe he said biggest SC2/e-sports event, rather than tournament. It could be anything really.


He said it would be the biggest in the west, so whatever it is it doesn't seem to rival the GSL in terms of size at least.
MrSnibbles
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom267 Posts
February 03 2011 20:55 GMT
#8897
Guys, Geoff is moving to California right?

And Day[9] lives in South California... iirc of course.

What if Day[9] will now be EG.Day[J]?
Thank you, based god.
-Frog-
Profile Joined February 2009
United States514 Posts
February 03 2011 21:02 GMT
#8898
how did you hit capital J instead of 9?
powered by coffee, driven by hate.
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-03 21:06:00
February 03 2011 21:05 GMT
#8899
On February 04 2011 06:02 -Frog- wrote:
how did you hit capital J instead of 9?



Would love to see Day[9] play at the competitive level again.
"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
MrSnibbles
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom267 Posts
February 03 2011 21:06 GMT
#8900
On February 04 2011 06:02 -Frog- wrote:
how did you hit capital J instead of 9?


Uh......sorry?
Thank you, based god.
Prev 1 443 444 445 446 447 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O134
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12706
Shuttle 405
White-Ra 228
ZZZero.O 143
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5237
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4700
Other Games
summit1g9611
FrodaN2561
Liquid`RaSZi1889
C9.Mang0341
ToD323
crisheroes291
Livibee194
Pyrionflax106
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1050
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 82
• musti20045 38
• Adnapsc2 35
• HeavenSC 20
• Sammyuel 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1594
• Shiphtur676
• WagamamaTV294
Upcoming Events
OSC
45m
Replay Cast
45m
OSC
13h 45m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.