• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:14
CEST 18:14
KST 01:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7954 users

Want some cheese with that whine? [Poll] - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
ClanOverdosed
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
691 Posts
July 18 2010 09:52 GMT
#141
Wow, I just noticed the connect between "whine" and "cheese" haha funny ^^
Overdosed--www.overdosed.net
SkyTheUnknown
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Germany2065 Posts
July 18 2010 09:54 GMT
#142
I'm okay with it. With one exception, I hate players who are not capable to do something else, but cheesing. Cheesing should be an option to make the game more viable, but cheesing every single match? Hell, no!
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown - H.P. Lovecraft
gdroxor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States639 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-18 09:59:32
July 18 2010 09:58 GMT
#143
On July 18 2010 18:39 Tabbris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2010 07:14 hp.Methos wrote:
On July 18 2010 05:45 Tabbris wrote:
Cheesing was much worst in bw than in sc2. It was like every 4 games someone would cheese. People are alot better in this game for some reason. I just remember i refused 2 cheese when playing starcraft as zerg(12 hatch all the way baby). You had to stop shit like 2 port wraith proxy gate on python..cannon rushes, bunker rushes. proxie barracks. Okey not all of those are cheeses but they were in my eyes! >: (.

The only annoying cheese in sc2 is fast marauder in tvp


not really cheese. it's not hard to defend against and it isn't all-in

Fast marader[sic] is defiently[sic] a cheese and it is hard as hell 2[sic] defend against if u[sic] 13 gate


Not really, it isn't an all-in strategy. If fast marauders doesn't work you haven't been cutting your economy badly enough (or at all) to lose the game or be too far behind to catch up. If anything it's just a very solid opening, especially in TvP.
Just because you are bad against a specific strategy doesn't make it cheese.
Sethronu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United Kingdom450 Posts
July 18 2010 10:06 GMT
#144
As long as there's a reason for it, sure. If you play 2z in 2v2 only to 6pool every single game though, that's pretty retarded. It's not even about me not knowing how to deal with whatever kind of cheese or being annoyed because I lost a game by not spotting a proxy or whatever - I just don't find this kind of cheese games fun at all, where the game basically ends in 90 seconds either way.
Dantak
Profile Joined January 2006
Czech Republic648 Posts
July 18 2010 10:14 GMT
#145
This thread made me to login for the first time in like forever :-). Personally I have nothing against cheesers. Quite the contrary I can't get people who have anything agains cheesing.

I mean, the ultimate goal of playing the game is to win. To win means to destroy enemy base. That's it. There is no goal of becoming better, "not being gay" or whatever. Only thing that really matters is that you win.

For me cheesing is the most fun part of the game. Why should I stick to early-mid-late game phases? Why should I play the game as others tell me to? By cheesing you are forcing yourself and your oponent to get out of their comfort zone and improvise, which often leads to most interesting games in history. I don't really want to see 200 vs 200 battles, it's all the time all the same, let's bring in awesome micro, thinking out of a box, improvisation!
"Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery." - f33red k0r34n z3rg
DiTH
Profile Joined March 2010
Greece116 Posts
July 18 2010 10:16 GMT
#146
I play random and TBH guys dont usually cheese me and i dont do cheese tactics either.I only used cheese 2 times.Me 7pool vs Protoss and it happened on both times that Both Protoss were proxy gating me (1 inside my bases and 1 outside).I loled so much.Imagine the odds.Out of my 100 games i cheesed twice and those 2 times they were cheesing me.But really who is cheesing vs Random?
GrazerRinge
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
999 Posts
July 18 2010 10:30 GMT
#147
Hate it because i got cheesed every two matches .__.
But have to admit that in VOD, it's top of cream!
"Successful people don't talk much. They listen and take action."
Crueger
Profile Joined May 2009
Sweden73 Posts
July 18 2010 10:42 GMT
#148
I hate cheese because it's overused, it's not good for practicing, and it just doesn't let you play the game. Cheesing in a BoX match is one thing, that's good in many ways, but cheesing against random people on ladder just feels pointless and annoying. Play fun games instead, games that helps you improve etc.
Ploppytheman
Profile Joined April 2010
United States248 Posts
July 18 2010 10:46 GMT
#149
I BM people who cheese b/c I'm at the point where defending cheese provides no benefit except a large advantage over my opponent where I don't really learn anything. You can argue "but you got cheese b/c u didn't do XYZ", fine I'd rather die to cheese in a few min that waste 15-20min beating someone who provided no learningification. If I had more SC friends I just wouldn't ladder as much and practice the things I feel I am weak at, midgame-lategame macro, macro while microing, etc. But since ladder 1v1 is 90% of my games I hate cheese. Its bad enough I get random maps and MU.

The other reason is most people who cheese are BAD. They can only cheese so they do it. Almost 90% of the time I get a random I think "ah fuck a cheeser". Not only is it irritating to scout and playing PvZ w/o a FFE is generally a problem. For some reason every random player seems to cheese me. I don't know if its my luck or that there are a lot of bads, who choose random, to cheese. Its not like White-Ra who is amazing and chooses to cheese but is also capable of macro, thats respectable b/c he has skill. However I still understand how Idra feels about cheese just not as strongly, a macro game is just more rewarding and complex. I think once you get really high diamond cheesing is fine if your not random, because its less cheese and more punishing people and limiting options than LOL ZERG RUSK KEKEKEKEKEKE. Cheesing as random is BS imo b/c you can win b/c of a late scout and not be prepared for the several varieties of cheese that could happen, aka kulas ravine proxy reaper when you don't scout him for a long time.

I am also pretty BM anyway but most of the time I'm just trolling for the fun of it. I don't like the taboo of BM or being angry at a loss. I'm an aggressive person IRL and being angry because you want to do better is NOT a bad thing. I've never thrown something or broken anything or punched a kitten but I BM, don't really care if people don't like it. I get mad for a sec then am like, ok so what can I do better so that baddy will lose. I find anger at faults as a good motivation.

Also wtf is up with all this gl hf, gg bullshit and smily faces and shit. Fuck that. I can understand gg if they play well but who wants luck involved? I personally say

BL HFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

every game. I'm tired of all this ^.^ shit, reminds me of anime. I'd rather have someone tell me go suck a fat **** than make a ^.^ at me. Maybe I should use those to troll.... hmmm....
youtube.com/ploppytheman for GAIMEZ!!!
Tone_
Profile Joined May 2009
United Kingdom554 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-18 10:50:49
July 18 2010 10:49 GMT
#150
On July 18 2010 05:36 SC2Pandemic wrote:
Personally, I cant see why people have such harsh views against cheesing. I personally feel that it is your problem if you can not adapt to the sitatuion and pull out the win. Many people talk about how BM something is, and in my opinion getting mad at someone for cheesing is the ultimate BM. How dare you condemn someone for playing the game as they want to play it? I personally do not cheese often, but it disgusts me when i see others BM people who cheese.

So, TL.net... whats your opinion on the matter?

Poll: How do you feel about cheesing?

Okay with it (864)
 
58%

Hate it (369)
 
25%

Dont care either way (251)
 
17%

1484 total votes

Your vote: How do you feel about cheesing?

(Vote): Okay with it
(Vote): Hate it
(Vote): Dont care either way





What a complete load of trash. If someone cheeses every game yeah blah blah it's part of the game! blah blah etc, I don't give a damn. I don't want to play 75% of my games dealing with cheese, I'd rather change builds without losing etc sometimes.

I don't BM cheese players, sometimes I'll leave without a gg if it happens a few times in a row (90% of people don't gg anyway) but it's pathetic to have posts like this defending those who just cheese every game so they can win and make themselves feel better. I think defending people who just play cheese every game is ridiculous, I'd imagine you're "I don't cheese often" translates to something like "I cheese 3/4 of my games" in truth.

But really, cut the "How dare you condemn someone" rubbish. I don't want to play vs cheese all the time, so I'll do as I please in games also, how dare you condemn me for playing the game as I want to play it?

*EDIT: Everything in the post above is also true.
Hasta La Victoria Siempre | 톤
Pking
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden142 Posts
July 18 2010 10:50 GMT
#151
I'm okay with it and hate it. Sometimes I love it.
Vxed
Profile Joined April 2007
Norway239 Posts
July 18 2010 10:51 GMT
#152
Some people find the macro game boring and set in stone, while cheese, how the enemy reacts to it and how you follow it up can lead to very varied games.

I dislike people who try to pull off greedy builds and then rage when they get cheesed. Doing some macro abusive strat which gives you an economy win if not dealt with within say 5 minutes of play is in my opinion more abusive then early pressure strategies.
Tabbris
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Bangladesh2839 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-18 11:02:01
July 18 2010 10:58 GMT
#153
On July 18 2010 18:58 gdroxor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2010 18:39 Tabbris wrote:
On July 18 2010 07:14 hp.Methos wrote:
On July 18 2010 05:45 Tabbris wrote:
Cheesing was much worst in bw than in sc2. It was like every 4 games someone would cheese. People are alot better in this game for some reason. I just remember i refused 2 cheese when playing starcraft as zerg(12 hatch all the way baby). You had to stop shit like 2 port wraith proxy gate on python..cannon rushes, bunker rushes. proxie barracks. Okey not all of those are cheeses but they were in my eyes! >: (.

The only annoying cheese in sc2 is fast marauder in tvp


not really cheese. it's not hard to defend against and it isn't all-in

Fast marader[sic] is defiently[sic] a cheese and it is hard as hell 2[sic] defend against if u[sic] 13 gate


Not really, it isn't an all-in strategy. If fast marauders doesn't work you haven't been cutting your economy badly enough (or at all) to lose the game or be too far behind to catch up. If anything it's just a very solid opening, especially in TvP.
Just because you are bad against a specific strategy doesn't make it cheese.


A cheese does not have to be allin hence the 2 diffrent words. 4 gate is a cheese but not nessarly all in. A cheese is defined as a strategy easy to execute and hard to defend

Maybe you dont know wut im talking about. You proxie the barracks and u get your gas at like 9 i guess? You defeiently cut scvs to do it
ZergTurd
Profile Joined June 2010
83 Posts
July 18 2010 11:03 GMT
#154
Cheesing is always going to be a part of the game.. nothing wrong with it unless it's a clear flaw in the game's mechanics or balance. Sure it can be annoying to lose to it, but learn to defend against it for next time.
arnold(soTa)
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden352 Posts
July 18 2010 12:31 GMT
#155
I get cheesing in tournaments, it can become queite tiresom to play a BO5 when you are the underdog sometimes..cheese one game to get your selfesteem back etc..

but like cheesing in ladder with proxy 7rax reaper is just retarded...its not bm, its retarded.
you are basiclly gambling and there is no skill involved at all. Cheesing for simple ladder points is not badmanner, its just low.

unless you are practicing a specific cheesebuild for tournaments that is.. just my opinion.
"I like turtles"
Ventez
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway107 Posts
July 18 2010 12:40 GMT
#156
I got cannon rushed a couple of days ago but this fucktard. The guy had played 150 games in around 4 days and the last 100 of them was, I kid you not, ALL cannon rushes. He did 100 games in 4 days where he only cannon rushed, for me thats fucking insane.
DwmC_Foefen
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Belgium2186 Posts
July 18 2010 12:48 GMT
#157
Cheesing people is funny Just look in this thread how much people you can annoy :p

... And I never pass up the opportunity to annoy the fuck out of people I don't know :d:d:d:d
Herculix
Profile Joined May 2010
United States946 Posts
July 18 2010 12:55 GMT
#158
it's a strategy in the game. if you lose to it, you deserved to. it isn't impossible to prevent and until i see some form of cheese that is, i'm going to assume it's my fault when ever i lose to it.
extracheez
Profile Joined January 2009
Australia151 Posts
July 18 2010 13:04 GMT
#159
The only reason I hate cheese is because its very nature is to take you off guard with little skill to execute. I find this really frustrating because generally ANY cheese is easily defended against if you have practiced against it say 5 times? That's what makes it so frustrating to play against cheese in sc2... in sc1 I had enough practice against most cheese to make a good estimation of what I needed to defend against it... however in sc2 its so easy to over or under react because the game is so new.
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
July 18 2010 17:59 GMT
#160
On July 18 2010 21:55 Herculix wrote:
it's a strategy in the game. if you lose to it, you deserved to. it isn't impossible to prevent and until i see some form of cheese that is, i'm going to assume it's my fault when ever i lose to it.


so by your logic, in bw if you opened with 12 hatch and your opponent BBS or proxygates or TvP you play standard but your opponent 12 nex on a map like collo, you deserve to lose? the good cheesers understand that on many maps their cheese gives them a very high rate of success.
The Show of a Lifetime
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM415
TaKeTV 64
BRAT_OK 28
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 415
ProTech139
TKL 89
UpATreeSC 61
Rex 37
Codebar 29
BRAT_OK 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1286
Shuttle 1067
EffOrt 502
ggaemo 341
Mini 327
Stork 264
firebathero 189
Light 175
Dewaltoss 118
Rush 92
[ Show more ]
Barracks 88
910 73
Zeus 56
sorry 51
Shinee 47
Killer 46
Hyun 45
Shine 42
Mong 41
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 22
Aegong 19
soO 19
Sexy 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Trap 11
yabsab 11
Sacsri 10
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4544
Dendi2030
BananaSlamJamma413
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 732
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes617
Other Games
singsing2045
Liquid`RaSZi1907
hiko1167
B2W.Neo1089
Liquid`VortiX245
ArmadaUGS174
Sick168
Trikslyr43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream527
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile135
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2566
• TFBlade867
Other Games
• WagamamaTV244
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.