• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:43
CEST 00:43
KST 07:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War365.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7785 users

Starcraft 2 Replays Thread - Phase 2 - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 All
peacenl
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
550 Posts
July 24 2010 11:09 GMT
#341
http://www.sc2base.com/download.php?file=uploads/tx_neofileshare/2010-07-24_13-10-01_Peace_p__vs_Somic_z_.SC2Replay

Protoss vs zerg. This is why you always keep on eye out for the maps destructables.
- One does not simply walk into a bar and start calling the shots.
- Failure doesn't mean you are a failure it just means you haven't succeeded yet.
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
July 24 2010 16:57 GMT
#342
The WTA final games between Cool vs theSTC are out!
http://dl.178.com/sc2/ (look under "TvZ" section).
Avokodo
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
South Africa81 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-24 18:35:47
July 24 2010 17:49 GMT
#343
thanks for reps
Melton
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation1 Post
July 24 2010 21:44 GMT
#344
Can't watch Cool vs theSTC replays the way I watch other fresh replays. "The version of Starcraft II required to play this game is unavaliable".
Fizzgig
Profile Joined May 2010
United States26 Posts
July 24 2010 23:19 GMT
#345
On July 25 2010 01:57 Garnet wrote:
The WTA final games between Cool vs theSTC are out!
http://dl.178.com/sc2/ (look under "TvZ" section).


It's very hard to navigate through Chinese sites, so I uploaded the five final WTA replays to my site for easy access.

WTA Final - Cool vs. oGsTheStC Game 1/5
WTA Final - Cool vs. oGsTheStC Game 2/5
WTA Final - Cool vs. oGsTheStC Game 3/5
WTA Final - Cool vs. oGsTheStC Game 4/5
WTA Final - Cool vs. oGsTheStC Game 5/5
psst...check out some cheesy replays (starcraftcheese.0sites.org)
Macavity
Profile Joined July 2010
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-25 07:38:02
July 25 2010 06:43 GMT
#346
On July 24 2010 09:16 doss wrote:
Hey, here's a phase II replay pack from me. I finished phase two as a 589 diamond zerg, and most of the games in this pack are around the last couple days of beta. I think i was inspired by dimaga's all in approach, because most of the games are relatively short. Couple macro games, the highlight of the pack would be a very good game with qxc in the ESL open tournament's 3rd round.

Catch the link >>here<<

Thanks, hope I can provide some time to kill.


Doss, thanks for the pack! Your playstyle with Zerg matches mine. You don't just sit there and make drones, you go and attack the enemy (and it appears from your replays, the enemy is astonished that you aren't just sitting there and making drones).

What I find nonsensical is the notion you are 'cheesing'. Making roaches and banelings early-game is no different than a Protoss making stalkers and zealots early-game (they are all tier one units). I've noticed some players, especially Terran, believe they are entitled to turtle at the very beginning of the game because they can wall themselves off. If Zerg and Protoss are vulnerable to early rush, why not Terran as well?

It also is not all-in as the game can easily transition into a macro orientated game. For example, your game with that Terran player who banshee rushed you ended up going on for over half an hour. And you might have destroyed the Terran if he didn't hurry and kill that last remaining extractor.

Edit: Saw your game with qxc. I think the problem was that you allowed him to be the aggressive one throughout and allowed him to frame the game. Eventually, he began to gain more income than you through his third base (while he denied you your third). At that point, the game was over. I'm curious why you abandoned your usual dimaga style of playing as you went into Idra mode against qxc. But overall, you did very good unit control especially with your infestors.
HowardRoark
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
1146 Posts
July 25 2010 12:33 GMT
#347
Where can I find replays of the unknown uber-foreigner UnknownArt? He is the only zerg that have been able to be among the top in the ladder.
"It is really good to get the double observatory if you want to get the speed and sight range for the observer simultaneously. It's a little bit of an advanced tactic, and by advanced, I mean really fucking bad."
doss
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada137 Posts
July 25 2010 12:44 GMT
#348
On July 25 2010 15:43 Macavity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2010 09:16 doss wrote:
Hey, here's a phase II replay pack from me. I finished phase two as a 589 diamond zerg, and most of the games in this pack are around the last couple days of beta. I think i was inspired by dimaga's all in approach, because most of the games are relatively short. Couple macro games, the highlight of the pack would be a very good game with qxc in the ESL open tournament's 3rd round.

Catch the link >>here<<

Thanks, hope I can provide some time to kill.


Doss, thanks for the pack! Your playstyle with Zerg matches mine. You don't just sit there and make drones, you go and attack the enemy (and it appears from your replays, the enemy is astonished that you aren't just sitting there and making drones).

What I find nonsensical is the notion you are 'cheesing'. Making roaches and banelings early-game is no different than a Protoss making stalkers and zealots early-game (they are all tier one units). I've noticed some players, especially Terran, believe they are entitled to turtle at the very beginning of the game because they can wall themselves off. If Zerg and Protoss are vulnerable to early rush, why not Terran as well?

It also is not all-in as the game can easily transition into a macro orientated game. For example, your game with that Terran player who banshee rushed you ended up going on for over half an hour. And you might have destroyed the Terran if he didn't hurry and kill that last remaining extractor.

Edit: Saw your game with qxc. I think the problem was that you allowed him to be the aggressive one throughout and allowed him to frame the game. Eventually, he began to gain more income than you through his third base (while he denied you your third). At that point, the game was over. I'm curious why you abandoned your usual dimaga style of playing as you went into Idra mode against qxc. But overall, you did very good unit control especially with your infestors.


I'm glad you enjoyed my replays. Well, if my replays were timestamped you'd see a very fast change from a macro orientated, into that front pressure that was highlighted in the pack. I was just trying something new for the last couple days of beta, the majority of my games have been fast expanding, with a defensive posture.

I just see an opportunity for zerg to have their own timing attack against a couple of the more common T or P builds. P usually doesn't have very many units before warpgate tech + 4 gateways comes into play, and terran build a small amount of marines before transitioning into mech. My goal was to just attempt to exploit that small window and see if it was possible to win a game, or end up on top economically. However I still need a lot of work to be able to balance the forward pressure with gaining an economic advantage.

Yeah, that mass banshee game was pretty funny. I made so many banelings, and if i scouted properly I probably could have won. That guy walled in really well too, which bought him time because I had to produce more banelings. Against qxc, when I was playing the game I was just caught up being in a game with a well known player for the first time. Even though I had the clear advantage at some points (especially when I had just defended his mmm + tank push, and my ultras popped), I was certain he had more units just around the corner and any attempt at pushing was useless. Good learning experience for me.

In the end though, I switched over to zerg when I started to watch idra play, the macro game is where I am most comfortable with. However, blowing shit up and not having 30 minute games is pretty nice.
https://sites.google.com/site/starcraft2doss/home/home/
Zidane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1692 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-25 13:42:01
July 25 2010 13:41 GMT
#349
I was clearing out my replays in anticipation for the release and decided to just upload a bunch of games I felt were decent and could help new protoss players out there struggling. During Phase 2 I played a LOT of games, probably over 300+ and was ranked as high as 12th overall (1 in the division), with a 650 ELO. I'm not the best player, but I played hard and was dedicated to testing new builds I could use, particularly against Terran. Here are some Reps that I hope can help other P users as well.

The replays should include the folder you need to "XXX" using the SC2switcher trick to view it in the name to make it a little easier for you guys watching the reps.

[image loading]

Using a similar build husky casted of me doing vs Avilo going into carriers, this build does short harass keeping T in his base while teching to Legged Zealots and getting an Expo eventually into Carriers.

[image loading]

I have never seen a reaper show up in my base as fast as this game shows, watch one technique to hold off this build.

[image loading]

Another Reaper Proxy Game

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

3 Games which show Collosi techniques including a drop to counter a Terran Very FE

[image loading]

PvP Vs. Azz

(These last 2 replays, you need to "XXX" the 6036 Folder)
[image loading]
An Intense Contain Breaking PvT

[image loading]
A lil silly bonus game with Carriers vs. Zerg

az2
Profile Joined March 2010
United States62 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-25 20:46:49
July 25 2010 19:35 GMT
#350
On July 25 2010 06:44 Melton wrote:
Can't watch Cool vs theSTC replays the way I watch other fresh replays. "The version of Starcraft II required to play this game is unavaliable".


works fine for me just double clicking them. and while im here, i upped a couple good games I had before the beta ended. im an upper diamond random player.

Pro (P) v GOB (Z) on Scrap Station - Very close game, you can't tell who is going to win until the end.
Pro (P) v Lune(T) on Scrap Station - Shorter game, but pretty good I think.
HunterStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada249 Posts
July 26 2010 20:06 GMT
#351
Not the best cast I've ever done but a good game regardless.

Timing attack 101

Azz vs mOOnGLaDe on Lost Temple

iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
July 27 2010 12:58 GMT
#352
Here's a couple games against some good players if you're hunting some of their replays or want to see some games.

iEchoic vs iNcontroL (TvP)
Map: Blistering Sands
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?i8ml94hhnio2q1c

iEchoic vs LzGaMeR (TvT)
Map: Kulas Ravine
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bkuo0u3uqy4bf81
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
Fizzgig
Profile Joined May 2010
United States26 Posts
July 27 2010 15:41 GMT
#353
Can we remake this thread once again, now that the game is officially released?
psst...check out some cheesy replays (starcraftcheese.0sites.org)
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
July 27 2010 15:49 GMT
#354
Yep, good call
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Prev 1 16 17 18 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 163
ProTech133
ViBE93
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12750
910 80
NaDa 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever355
canceldota135
League of Legends
Doublelift4421
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4365
Other Games
summit1g4654
C9.Mang0330
JimRising 286
Liquid`Hasu265
ToD196
JuggernautJason31
PPMD29
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 84
• musti20045 38
• poizon28 37
• RyuSc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21588
League of Legends
• Scarra978
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
• Shiphtur603
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
OSC
18m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 18m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 18m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.