• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:53
CEST 11:53
KST 18:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7401 users

[D] New AIs - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Daxten
Profile Joined October 2009
Germany127 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-08 13:49:30
July 08 2010 13:48 GMT
#41
Blizzards AI = real AI

GreentTea and so on are just scripted events with hardcoded BO's

so I think it's normal that it is easier to beat atm, maybe they will upgrade it sometime but I dont think it's one of the major features of the game
habermas
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom304 Posts
July 08 2010 14:04 GMT
#42
What do you mean by "real AI"? They are scripted in the same way as the others.
Dionyseus
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States2068 Posts
July 08 2010 14:45 GMT
#43
On July 08 2010 21:30 Dionyseus wrote:
I think I beat the Very Hard ai, PvP at Steppes Of War, and I've only been ranked as high as Gold. It outmacroed me a little but its micro and strategy was awful, it tried to pursue me into my base and it lost most of its army inside my ramp as my stalkers were taking free shots on its zealots and the AI's stalkers were barely hitting me because of the location.

Blizzard has said that the AI in SC2 will be better than any AI they ever created, but after winning this game and seeing the posts in this thread I doubt that will happen, its micro and strategy is just awful.

Here's the replay: [url blocked]


Watching the replay I notice the AI only made 2 gates vs my 4 gates. Pretty weak.
9/5/10 P acct: NA D 10,683 651pts 69w56L http://sc2ranks.com/char/us/290365/LetoAtreides T acct: NA D 16,137 553pts 70w67L http://sc2ranks.com/char/us/1560008/Khrone Z: NA G 16,058 465pts 28w26L http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1997354/Omnius
Peekaboo
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada219 Posts
July 08 2010 17:32 GMT
#44
Blizzard should buy Greentea. The Blizzard ai is shamefully poor. I could go on-and-on but all I'll say is..... sheesh.
You loved me as a loser but now you're worried that I just might win. -L. Cohen
aeoliant
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada361 Posts
July 08 2010 17:39 GMT
#45
I played a funny game agaisnt the insane ai where he roach all-in'd me and busted into my base. Meanwhile I had 1 void ray killing all his buildings. The ai just came in, killed my nexus and then ran back to it's base. I won. haha
pencilcase
Profile Joined September 2007
United States330 Posts
July 08 2010 17:43 GMT
#46
Yea, seems like the AI only poses a threat to casual players.
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
July 08 2010 17:54 GMT
#47
On July 08 2010 15:41 Subversion wrote:
why would you ever choose to play against ai over real people?


achievements of course
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
Sanguinarius
Profile Joined January 2010
United States3427 Posts
July 08 2010 18:41 GMT
#48
I tried an Insane last night, but besides the resource cheating, they really weren't that much more intelligent, and not as hard as good humans.
Your strength is just an accident arising from the weakness of others -Heart of Darkness
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
July 11 2010 01:02 GMT
#49
I can't seem to beat 4 very hard terrans as terran I've got a build but it's been really tough so far (the other insane comp achievements were easy).
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
The_Pacifist
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States540 Posts
July 11 2010 01:05 GMT
#50
On July 09 2010 02:54 BlasiuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2010 15:41 Subversion wrote:
why would you ever choose to play against ai over real people?


achievements of course


BlasiuS has achieved "1000 Posts!" Congratulations!
Rabiator
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany3948 Posts
July 11 2010 03:41 GMT
#51
Personally I think the AI is a nice way for a beginner / low level player to train against early pressure. In Bronze league you dont have serious early aggression and you dont know how to handle it well enough to survive. Learning to build against this is a nice thing, but it also has its limitations.

In Warcraft 2 there were three very clearly defined AIs: Land, Sea, Air and they were unable to switch between these tactics. Lets hope the SC2 AIs are smart enough to "evolve"; they dont seem to be atm.
If you cant say what you're meaning, you can never mean what you're saying.
Noelani
Profile Joined May 2010
55 Posts
July 11 2010 06:24 GMT
#52
It has 600apm... it's simply incomprehensible why it isn't the best player in the world...
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
July 11 2010 06:28 GMT
#53
Update the Known Builds. I've only had the Very Hard Zerg AI do one-base strats against me so far (as Terran):

One-base Roach to Hydra
One-base Banelings to Roach

Both times I was starting with the goal of Hellion-FE (but adapting to a one-base play based on his builds.)

Ended the games before I could see what else it'd do.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 07:46:28
July 11 2010 07:41 GMT
#54
INsane Zergs tend to always open roaches and go into roach/hydra they stay at lair tech and get a spire but never seem to actually use it. Insane as opposed to Very Hard will aggressively expand if you don't pressure it which makes it rather difficult seeing as it already resource cheats.

Insane toss always seems to scout and poke with zealots a little bit then suddenly has zealot/sentry/immortal/stalker ramming down your throat. Once again it doesn't seem to ever tech past this point even when allowed to take the map.

Terran likes marauders and tanks left alone long enough it will eventually make banshees as well. None of the Insane AI ever really progress to true lategame strategies though so if you can live long enough you can usually just play for the lategame.

edit: Though interestingly enough I cannon rushed the terran AI for my Insane Blitz achievement and havent been able to do it again since it always pulls half the workers as soon as I start the pylon even if it's out of sight range so I'm not sure if the AI learns or just cheats and I got extremely lucky in the couple second window as it only seems to pull workers if it has no fighting units.

edit2: The AI doesnt appear to adapt to the player either most of my observations about late game Insane AI is by taking an island and turtling to a mega air army. None of the AIs really built any solid anti Air whenever I did this nor did it really figure out how to kill me on the island. The zerg will nydus to an island toe xpand but doesn't seem to use thema ggressively.
mmp
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2130 Posts
July 11 2010 07:57 GMT
#55
Considering Blizzard owns and has access to every replay of every game of SC2 ever played, I would be very disappointed if they didn't have AIs as strong as the world's best players. They have all of the experience of platinum players with which to train.
I (λ (foo) (and (<3 foo) ( T_T foo) (RAGE foo) )) Starcraft
superman.
Profile Joined July 2010
65 Posts
July 11 2010 07:58 GMT
#56
my girlfriend beat very easy and then easy on like her first 2 computer game (any computer game) matches ever. with my help of course, but still, it was sick, LOL

i think she's ready for medium too hahaha
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
July 11 2010 08:12 GMT
#57
On July 08 2010 22:48 Daxten wrote:
Blizzards AI = real AI

GreentTea and so on are just scripted events with hardcoded BO's

so I think it's normal that it is easier to beat atm, maybe they will upgrade it sometime but I dont think it's one of the major features of the game


Blizzard AI x3 can be managed by a bot pretty handily/d+ player. It's all about barricade management against more than one and/or cheating opponent when they rush you.

There's no S in KT. :P
sechkie
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States334 Posts
July 11 2010 08:27 GMT
#58
I personally find the difficulty pretty similar to starcrack ai, atleast for the insane levels. Me and my friend tried to 2v2 the insane ai, but we just got rolled by the cheating timing attack since they attack together =[
Tech231
Profile Joined June 2010
United States90 Posts
July 11 2010 16:29 GMT
#59
Will be cool when they get to something like the BWAI project.
I may not have been born with a Silver Spoon, but I have a Shovel to bury YOU with. - Will C.
Brazen[six]
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada203 Posts
July 11 2010 17:16 GMT
#60
I dunno, I understand that the AI is not that great but I just see the AI game as a way to test out some build orders while getting attacked which can throw you off. It's something that I've been working on, and so far I'm finding it beneficial. Perhaps when I panic less when something tries to interrupt my build order, I'll find it much less useful.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1319
actioN 1232
Soma 631
EffOrt 311
Horang2 215
Pusan 176
Jaedong 151
hero 124
Stork 124
soO 88
[ Show more ]
HiyA 77
ZerO 75
Killer 67
Rush 45
Shinee 33
Sharp 32
sorry 32
Bale 31
Mong 25
NaDa 12
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Sexy 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1211
XaKoH 151
Counter-Strike
edward49
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes797
WinterStarcraft771
Other Games
gofns50125
singsing1221
olofmeister1139
ceh9577
Livibee204
Pyrionflax138
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick554
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream495
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• StrangeGG 46
• LUISG 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2337
League of Legends
• Jankos1642
• Rush1399
• Stunt383
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8m
CranKy Ducklings3
Afreeca Starleague
8m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 8m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.