• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:28
CEST 02:28
KST 09:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9434 users

UPDATE: Still Unlisted Patch Balance Changes - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 42 Next All
Sixes
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1123 Posts
July 08 2010 13:57 GMT
#281
Going through the list:

Zerg (my race):

NP is a bit annoying but possibly necessary, now that ultras don't get stunned we may see fewer thors anyways.

Roach burrow under FF is annoying ... I mean, the other units with special movement (flying) can get around them, they aren't 100% impassable, so why isn't under them an option ? (especially when that option requires 2 upgrades and a branched out 1.5 tech and tier 2).

The IT is looking like it could even be useful ... thinking of IT harass much like raven turret harass. The upgrade to 30 secs seemed necessary, they just died too fast. The ability co cast when burrowed seems fun ... can't wait to throw one at the marines beside their sieged tanks.

Protoss:

Zealots and WGs ... guess that will avoid the default 2 gating of zerg. I don't 6 pool but hope that won't become an issue. We will have to see what this does, if it promotes more econ games I like it,

Stalkers are a fix not a nerf, up the rocks was silly, and if you can't out macro an enemy confined to 1 island location, you deserve to lose lol. Blink seems to otherwise work as normal.

Terran:

Nothing much changed, slightly smarter AI probably isn't a bad thing.
chieftan
Profile Joined July 2010
United States62 Posts
July 08 2010 13:59 GMT
#282
On July 08 2010 21:59 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2010 21:51 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On July 08 2010 21:39 arb wrote:
Was watching Psyonics stream and.. did they remove the siege tank saying

"No patience for shitting around" ?

He just said "No Patience" i hope not

I think the no patience is a follow up remark? I'm not sure tho, I'll test when SC2 starts working...

Well when i did play terran you clicked them they said
"No patience for shitting around"

This time when Psy clicked it they just said
"No patience"

Test when it works unless someone else can now.


The siege tanks say both "no patience for shitting around" and "no patience", same as before...
"my mental vagina gets soaked just to think about sending minerals to a computer ally. I'd truly do that all day if i was allowed to. just mine and send without getting a thx." - Comrade
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 08 2010 14:04 GMT
#283
On July 08 2010 22:59 chieftan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2010 21:59 arb wrote:
On July 08 2010 21:51 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On July 08 2010 21:39 arb wrote:
Was watching Psyonics stream and.. did they remove the siege tank saying

"No patience for shitting around" ?

He just said "No Patience" i hope not

I think the no patience is a follow up remark? I'm not sure tho, I'll test when SC2 starts working...

Well when i did play terran you clicked them they said
"No patience for shitting around"

This time when Psy clicked it they just said
"No patience"

Test when it works unless someone else can now.


The siege tanks say both "no patience for shitting around" and "no patience", same as before...

ahh okay i only noticed them saying the first, never a shortened version of it
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
MorroW
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden3522 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-08 14:23:36
July 08 2010 14:04 GMT
#284
wait are these notes actually 100% true and legit? this zealot change is absolutely huge, wow so uncalled for

absolutely love the cooldown over weapon change, also like the critters, they will give a nice touch to maps

im never gonna build a reaper again <.< )

edit: nvm xD
Progamerpls no copy pasterino
Aikin
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria532 Posts
July 08 2010 14:14 GMT
#285
What??? Is the zealot build time legit? If so why are they doing huge changes without listing them in the patch notes. I mean ~15% longer build time out of the blue.

The storm cooldown would be n1 if its true because it just sucked having templers with energy and cooldown die.

Infestors throwing terrans while burrowed sounds pretty cool tough. If infested teranns last longer it can be nice to spam some in a big fight. Its like getting marins with +2(well no stim) and you can get out 8 of a full infestor n1.
[A]dmiral Bulldog | Naniwa | [A]lliance
Xeken
Profile Joined May 2010
United States77 Posts
July 08 2010 14:17 GMT
#286
I think ultra dmg got a buff. I haven't played yet, but from editor data, it looks like there is a proc of 33% dmg within an arc of 45 degrees (the new one), and a proc of another 33% dmg within an arc of 180 degrees (the old one). Both have a range of 2. I am interpreting it as within 45 degrees, the dmg output will be 33% + 33%, and then outside of that arc, the dmg is 33%. Correct me if I'm wrong.
wintergt
Profile Joined February 2010
Belgium1335 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-08 14:22:10
July 08 2010 14:20 GMT
#287
On July 08 2010 22:56 Illva wrote:
The stalker not being able to blink up destro rocks is retarded, it made sence, you can see part of the ramp and a stalker can blink where it can see. It wasnt inbalanced or OP at all, it was just the ONLY early/mid game harass protoss have.

Defending unwanted glitches, nothing is to silly to post right?

On July 08 2010 23:17 Xeken wrote:
I think ultra dmg got a buff. I haven't played yet, but from editor data, it looks like there is a proc of 33% dmg within an arc of 45 degrees (the new one), and a proc of another 33% dmg within an arc of 180 degrees (the old one). Both have a range of 2. I am interpreting it as within 45 degrees, the dmg output will be 33% + 33%, and then outside of that arc, the dmg is 33%. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hm interesting, someone should test this. I'm predicting we're gonna be seeing quite a lot from the ultralisk.
here i am
CauthonLuck
Profile Joined July 2009
United States93 Posts
July 08 2010 14:24 GMT
#288
On July 08 2010 18:52 krell wrote:
I believe the barracks build time has been increased to 65. (I'm 90% sure it was 60 before). I noted some other small changes:



Yea, I'm pretty sure it was 60 as well. I noticed all my timings were way off in the early game.
+5 sec on rax
-5 sec on pool
6 pool rebirth?
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-08 14:30:29
July 08 2010 14:29 GMT
#289
Eh critter without parasite spell

I just loved to parasite those criters in sc1 and have vision all over the map
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
July 08 2010 14:35 GMT
#290
Spawning pool is still 65, Barracks have increased to 65.
Ultras get +2 and +2 vs armored per upgrade, instead of +3 per upgrade.
I'll call Nada.
FecalFrown
Profile Joined June 2010
215 Posts
July 08 2010 14:37 GMT
#291
The control groups are different now. If you have made a control group, you cant just overwrite it by selecting other units and hitting shift - #, it will simply add those units to that control group.

Its pretty obnoxious, I don't know if thats intended or what...
Sixes
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1123 Posts
July 08 2010 14:38 GMT
#292
On July 08 2010 23:24 CauthonLuck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2010 18:52 krell wrote:
I believe the barracks build time has been increased to 65. (I'm 90% sure it was 60 before). I noted some other small changes:



Yea, I'm pretty sure it was 60 as well. I noticed all my timings were way off in the early game.
+5 sec on rax
-5 sec on pool
6 pool rebirth?


Not against terran I don't think, you can probably still wall (or just maybe just micro a few SCVs over). Remember that if you don't instantly die to a 6pool, you win.

Against protoss it could be an issue ...

Though really, just thumbs down Steppes of War and the other 1 or 2 maps where it is actually possible (long rush distances or 4 spawn locations make 6 pool void).
skYfiVe
Profile Joined April 2010
United States382 Posts
July 08 2010 14:38 GMT
#293
On July 08 2010 23:37 FecalFrown wrote:
The control groups are different now. If you have made a control group, you cant just overwrite it by selecting other units and hitting shift - #, it will simply add those units to that control group.

Its pretty obnoxious, I don't know if thats intended or what...


Been that way, its control - # to make a control group/overwrite it.
"1baseiwa"
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
July 08 2010 14:42 GMT
#294
that means pandabearguy is back? yay!
Uranium
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1077 Posts
July 08 2010 14:44 GMT
#295
On July 08 2010 18:31 Klockan3 wrote:
Guys, the only thing that was fixed with the stalker was that they removed this bug:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=123178

They can still blink over anything as long as they are in range, it was bugged before so that you could blink further than you should be able to.

Here you can see:

I must disagree with you. The island on Scrap Station is a very short blink distance from the bottom base, but I was not able to enter it. The distance is as short as a regular (on land) stalker blink, and I should have been able to get at least one stalker up there. I think they specifically made the edges of that island into a "no-Blink zone".

How is Protoss supposed to break a Terran turtling on an island with mass Vikings now? I guess mass VRs is my only option...
"Sentry imba! You see? YOU SEE??!!" - Sen | "Marauder die die!" - oGsMC | "Oh my god, she texted me back!" - Day[9]
kAz3
Profile Joined July 2010
United States56 Posts
July 08 2010 14:46 GMT
#296
On July 08 2010 14:41 EssayReader wrote:
Confirmed: Spawning Pool's building time is now 60 seconds (hence some of you may be seeing 88 gas instead of 100 gas when going 14gas/14pool since I did that too).


how long did the pool take before? 65?
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
July 08 2010 14:49 GMT
#297
Unless there's 2 different new patches, the spawning pool buildtime is still 65 seconds.
I'll call Nada.
InRaged
Profile Joined February 2007
1047 Posts
July 08 2010 14:49 GMT
#298
+5 on reaper AND barracks? Why? It's a sad excuse of a unit now.
Maybe there's some changes to it or it's upgrade that went unnoticed?
Uhh Negative
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1090 Posts
July 08 2010 14:50 GMT
#299
Update your roach patch changes. The hotkeys were NOT switched. Only the icons were switched. G is still Glial Reconstitution and T is still Tunneling claws.
cocosoft
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1068 Posts
July 08 2010 14:51 GMT
#300
I've recognized a few new fonts. In tool tips for example.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft336
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft336
ViBE140
CosmosSc2 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1940
Artosis 589
Shuttle 541
910 35
Dota 2
monkeys_forever685
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox517
Other Games
summit1g8172
shahzam608
JimRising 579
C9.Mang0259
Maynarde129
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick911
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen114
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 32m
Stellar Fest
12h 32m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.