• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:47
CEST 08:47
KST 15:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10402 users

Sc2gears 14.3.3: Replay version 2.1 support - Page 29

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 170 Next
RationalGaze
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom121 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-05 09:18:05
October 05 2010 09:13 GMT
#561
Hey thanks for the reply. I saw the favoured list functionality, which is really good, but I am talking about simple alphabetical sorting so the replays are sorted correctly. I am sure most people don't care which is player 1 or player 2, so sorting player names and races should be alphabetical (in my view). So if I download a Morrow replay pack and sort by name in Windows, at the moment it will do this:
PvT - Artosis - Morrow.sc2replay
PvT - Huk - Morrow.sc2replay
TvP - Morrow - Artosis.sc2replay
TvZ - Morrow - DiMaga.sc2replay

As you can see, if I want to watch all the Morrow vs Artosis games, I have to search through the list because sometimes Morrow is Player 1 and sometimes he is Player 2, even when playing against the same opponent. So the sorted list (with numbers added to prevent duplicates, or you could use mapnames) is:
PvT - Artosis - Morrow.sc2replay
PvT - Artosis - Morrow(2).sc2replay
PvT - Huk - Morrow.sc2replay
TvZ - Dimaga - Morrow.sc2replay

So here I could watch all the games against the same opponent in order. Sorry for the long post, hope it makes sense. Maybe someone else can see a problem with my method?
но ни шагу назад
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
October 05 2010 09:27 GMT
#562
Why don't you just perform a Search with Sc2gears?

If you look for the replays of a player, just enter his/her name, and Sc2gears will list all replays of that player.

If you look for replays of PlayerA vs PlayerB, just enter the 2 names in the player name filter (separated with comma), and Sc2gears will list you all replays with that 2 players.

If you look for replays of PlayerA OR PlayerB, just enter their names in 2 different player name filters (you can add more with the Plus (+) sign at the end of the filter row), and Sc2gears will list you all replays of PlayerA AND PlayerB.

You can copy, move, rename, pack (ZIP) the results.. do whathever you want with them. You can even launch the replay by right clicking on it and choose "Watch replay".
https://repmastered.icza.net
SoJu.WeRRa
Profile Joined June 2010
Korea (South)820 Posts
October 05 2010 09:35 GMT
#563
I have a question.
Does this program have problem right now?
I try to upload one replay and APMs, players etc... doesn't appear.
Will an update go out soon ?
나를 찢어갈겨이씨발놈아왜나를미치게만들어니가뭘아는데?
Ahelvin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
France1866 Posts
October 05 2010 09:41 GMT
#564
SC2Gears is currently broken, and the author is working on a way to extract data from replays as 1.1 version changed the way game data are managed by the game itself.

So wait and see, and thanks OP for the great work on this software .
Join the Liquipedia Zerg Project ! PM me for more information :).
shortround
Profile Joined April 2009
United States5 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-05 16:03:33
October 05 2010 16:02 GMT
#565
On October 05 2010 14:45 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2010 08:58 shortround wrote:
On October 04 2010 22:44 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
On October 04 2010 22:32 shortround wrote:
Dakota- I'm running Windows 7 and my Starcraft 2 replays are stored in my home folder on a seperate partition from the system files, which seems to screw up auto save (since it's relative to home folder and there appears to be no way to actually direct this to a different partition, only the documents library). If this were changed or if auto-save function was added as an option for watched folders / replay sources my problem would be solved. I know it's probably a rare issue but I really love your program and want to be able to make full use of it!

You can provide absolute folder to the SC2 auto-folder; it will work that way.

The SC2 auto-folder is interpreted this way:
-If it exists by itself, it will be used as an absolute folder.
-If not, it will be treated as a user-home relative folder and it will be appended to the user home to create an absolute folder.

So just provide your absolute folder in your 2nd or 3rd (or virtual or w/e drive) to your SC2 auto replay folder.


Okay that's good news but now I need to figure out why it is I can't get auto-save to work! Is the client folder integral to auto-save functionality?

What do you mean by that?

There are defaults to everything. You can change your SC2 auto-replay folder (the source), and you can change the auto-save folder (the target). Those are the 2 that the auto-save feature uses. None of them is related to the folder where you extracted Sc2gears.


Yes you are absolutely right! I was concerned the about fact that I tend to switch back and forth between two separate installs and therefore about half the time I am not using the starcraft based in the folder I have specified in that option.

All of this came from me trying to get my auto-save to work after giving up the first time I tried to set this up (with my 2nd partition folder specified as the auto-save as you suggested in your first reply), but after putting it on default and re-setting it exactly the same way it seems to have picked up on its own, even when using the install not specified in the settings. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my posts and I look forward to the next update!
SwampZero
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece350 Posts
October 06 2010 22:29 GMT
#566
Fyi you can just release a still broken version with extra functionality on the autosave part.

things i would love:
-multiple output folders (for example, an in-game viewable folder and a dropbox folder)
-winner on filename
-duration on filename
Snippa-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States98 Posts
October 07 2010 09:50 GMT
#567
I am curious what Blizzard did that is screwing up sc2gears & sc2replayed.com from seeing the correct information.

Hopefully both sc2gears and the replay website will be fixed soon.
Any possible way we could get and ETA on the fix? Or is it just proving to be extremely difficult to figure out?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
October 08 2010 05:45 GMT
#568
I don't have an exact ETA, but I'm getting close...
https://repmastered.icza.net
Natt
Profile Joined August 2010
France253 Posts
October 08 2010 08:25 GMT
#569
Im so glad to read dat
Snippa-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States98 Posts
October 08 2010 08:48 GMT
#570
Blizzard really should be providing information for developers that work with replays like they do for world of warcraft addon developers. As I stated in the sc2replayed forum, I think the sc community should pressure Blizzard (if needed) into providing information so you guys can fix problems like these sooner.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
October 08 2010 09:02 GMT
#571
On October 08 2010 17:48 Snippa- wrote:
Blizzard really should be providing information for developers that work with replays like they do for world of warcraft addon developers. As I stated in the sc2replayed forum, I think the sc community should pressure Blizzard (if needed) into providing information so you guys can fix problems like these sooner.

Someone already made a thread about this here:
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/679178237

Which Blizzard seems to ignore so far.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Snippa-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States98 Posts
October 08 2010 09:08 GMT
#572
That sucks... too bad I don't have an EU account, I'd bump the tread.
Snippa-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States98 Posts
October 09 2010 00:47 GMT
#573
I have started a new thread on the US battle.net forums here:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/832083269
disco
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Netherlands1667 Posts
October 10 2010 19:58 GMT
#574
On October 08 2010 14:45 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
I don't have an exact ETA, but I'm getting close...


^ Makes me happy.

I'm still using it for auto-save but I really wanna use it for statistics again as well.
this game is a fucking jokie
evion
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden4 Posts
October 10 2010 23:54 GMT
#575
Keep up the good word Dakota_Fanning we all love you very much!
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
October 10 2010 23:59 GMT
#576
On October 11 2010 04:58 disco wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2010 14:45 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
I don't have an exact ETA, but I'm getting close...


^ Makes me happy.

I'm still using it for auto-save but I really wanna use it for statistics again as well.


Yea same here! I'm just happy to leave it running constantly, knowing that my reps wont be lost because of some completely arbitrary flaw in the BNet system.

Of course, all the analysis features are awesome too and I can't wait for those to get up and running again, but just hearing the "replay saved" voice after every game makes me happy. :D

I'm pretty sure this will be my 1000th post, IIRC, and I'm glad I could use it to say thanks to you for helping out the SC2 community. Thanks for your work!
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
October 11 2010 00:02 GMT
#577
A lot of us a love your work so please keep it up :3
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Gleen
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Brazil707 Posts
October 12 2010 04:42 GMT
#578
SC2Gears is a great program, don't let it die!
I'm nowhere near good, but I still have fun playing with my probes
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
October 12 2010 04:47 GMT
#579
Hoping to see the update soon . . . this is my favorite third-party SC2 program!
gently-cz
Profile Joined April 2010
Czech Republic16 Posts
October 13 2010 11:27 GMT
#580
keep the good work, it's good news that you are close
Im carrying a big gun
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 173
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 643
hero 564
BeSt 272
Hyuk 83
Mind 35
Bale 24
Noble 18
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1027
XaKoH 225
League of Legends
JimRising 611
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g9360
ceh9238
Livibee69
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick530
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH369
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Rush1363
• Stunt564
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 13m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 13m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.