• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:47
CEST 08:47
KST 15:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10471 users

Sc2gears 14.3.3: Replay version 2.1 support - Page 28

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 170 Next
chocopan
Profile Joined April 2010
Japan986 Posts
September 29 2010 00:53 GMT
#541
It's hard not to check this thread compulsively for the update isn't it...

Thanks for the hard work!
Dance those ultras
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
September 29 2010 20:57 GMT
#542
Not only is there the replay problem, but I found that with the latest version the program, it doesn't properly maximize when I try opening it from the system tray.

I have to close the program and re-open it just to get the window up.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
September 30 2010 06:26 GMT
#543
On September 30 2010 05:57 Xapti wrote:
Not only is there the replay problem, but I found that with the latest version the program, it doesn't properly maximize when I try opening it from the system tray.

I have to close the program and re-open it just to get the window up.

I tried to restore the window from the system tray icon, it works for me. Anyone else experienced problems with this?
https://repmastered.icza.net
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
September 30 2010 06:35 GMT
#544
can we get an eta on the next version? :3
TiBe
Profile Joined November 2009
Mexico200 Posts
September 30 2010 06:38 GMT
#545
On September 30 2010 15:26 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2010 05:57 Xapti wrote:
Not only is there the replay problem, but I found that with the latest version the program, it doesn't properly maximize when I try opening it from the system tray.

I have to close the program and re-open it just to get the window up.

I tried to restore the window from the system tray icon, it works for me. Anyone else experienced problems with this?



For me the maximize function fromt the systray is working fine..
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
September 30 2010 06:43 GMT
#546
On September 30 2010 15:35 rauk wrote:
can we get an eta on the next version? :3

I've already prepared the next release with nasty new features, the only thing keeping me to release it is the 1.1 replay support. I don't know when I will finish implementing it. Blizzard won't be any help understanding the new format.

If anyone has information about the new format of "Select" and "Use ability" actions (or feels like trying to reverse them) that could bring the release earlier.
https://repmastered.icza.net
dvide
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom287 Posts
September 30 2010 12:12 GMT
#547
Why do they keep changing the replay format every time? Seems pointless.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
September 30 2010 13:00 GMT
#548
On September 30 2010 21:12 dvide wrote:
Why do they keep changing the replay format every time? Seems pointless.

The beta replay formats were completely different, they (Blizzard) didn't even know what they want to store in the replays.

Since beta version 0.19 they keep changing the replay format to fix their own bugs (remember that first person replays were flawed) and to make it more optimal (storing the same amount of useful information while decreasing the replay size).

The sad thing is that they could've done this in the past, but looks they were lazy or it wasn't their priority.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
September 30 2010 18:38 GMT
#549
On September 30 2010 15:26 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2010 05:57 Xapti wrote:
Not only is there the replay problem, but I found that with the latest version the program, it doesn't properly maximize when I try opening it from the system tray.

I have to close the program and re-open it just to get the window up.

I tried to restore the window from the system tray icon, it works for me. Anyone else experienced problems with this?

I forgot to clairify... It works much of the time, but not all the time. I'm not sure what causes it, but after lets say 18-30 hours of leaving sc2gears running (and probably minimized to system tray), restoring the window sometimes does not work.

Both the right-click "restore main window" doesn't do anything, as well as double-clicking the tray icon.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
October 01 2010 04:05 GMT
#550
On October 01 2010 03:38 Xapti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2010 15:26 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
On September 30 2010 05:57 Xapti wrote:
Not only is there the replay problem, but I found that with the latest version the program, it doesn't properly maximize when I try opening it from the system tray.

I have to close the program and re-open it just to get the window up.

I tried to restore the window from the system tray icon, it works for me. Anyone else experienced problems with this?

I forgot to clairify... It works much of the time, but not all the time. I'm not sure what causes it, but after lets say 18-30 hours of leaving sc2gears running (and probably minimized to system tray), restoring the window sometimes does not work.

Both the right-click "restore main window" doesn't do anything, as well as double-clicking the tray icon.

1.1 replays are not yet supported. If you open a 1.1 version replay, Sc2gears might stop responding. If you minimize it to tray, you probably can't restore the main window. At least I tried it now and this is what I experienced.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Kutar_FOX
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)67 Posts
October 02 2010 12:27 GMT
#551
This program is very useful.
We just gotta keep an eye on it for updates.
스타크래프트도 좀 적당히 하자.
Natt
Profile Joined August 2010
France253 Posts
October 02 2010 13:40 GMT
#552
Awesome work i cant wait it to work again :'(
Cheebah
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
210 Posts
October 03 2010 01:11 GMT
#553
Come on Dakota_Fanning!

I want the sexy lady to say 'Update available' :-)
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars. Out here we are stoned, immaculate.
shortround
Profile Joined April 2009
United States5 Posts
October 04 2010 13:32 GMT
#554
Dakota- I'm running Windows 7 and my Starcraft 2 replays are stored in my home folder on a seperate partition from the system files, which seems to screw up auto save (since it's relative to home folder and there appears to be no way to actually direct this to a different partition, only the documents library). If this were changed or if auto-save function was added as an option for watched folders / replay sources my problem would be solved. I know it's probably a rare issue but I really love your program and want to be able to make full use of it!
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-04 13:45:24
October 04 2010 13:44 GMT
#555
On October 04 2010 22:32 shortround wrote:
Dakota- I'm running Windows 7 and my Starcraft 2 replays are stored in my home folder on a seperate partition from the system files, which seems to screw up auto save (since it's relative to home folder and there appears to be no way to actually direct this to a different partition, only the documents library). If this were changed or if auto-save function was added as an option for watched folders / replay sources my problem would be solved. I know it's probably a rare issue but I really love your program and want to be able to make full use of it!

You can provide absolute folder to the SC2 auto-folder; it will work that way.

The SC2 auto-folder is interpreted this way:
-If it exists by itself, it will be used as an absolute folder.
-If not, it will be treated as a user-home relative folder and it will be appended to the user home to create an absolute folder.

So just provide your absolute folder in your 2nd or 3rd (or virtual or w/e drive) to your SC2 auto replay folder.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Joefish
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany314 Posts
October 04 2010 19:59 GMT
#556
On October 03 2010 10:11 Cheebah wrote:
Come on Dakota_Fanning!

I want the sexy lady to say 'Update available' :-)


That's what I'm waiting for too...
This program is just amazing and is worth be updated!
Donate him all your money from your Paypal acc as I did.
Maybe the eagerly awaited update will come sooner then
shortround
Profile Joined April 2009
United States5 Posts
October 04 2010 23:58 GMT
#557
On October 04 2010 22:44 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2010 22:32 shortround wrote:
Dakota- I'm running Windows 7 and my Starcraft 2 replays are stored in my home folder on a seperate partition from the system files, which seems to screw up auto save (since it's relative to home folder and there appears to be no way to actually direct this to a different partition, only the documents library). If this were changed or if auto-save function was added as an option for watched folders / replay sources my problem would be solved. I know it's probably a rare issue but I really love your program and want to be able to make full use of it!

You can provide absolute folder to the SC2 auto-folder; it will work that way.

The SC2 auto-folder is interpreted this way:
-If it exists by itself, it will be used as an absolute folder.
-If not, it will be treated as a user-home relative folder and it will be appended to the user home to create an absolute folder.

So just provide your absolute folder in your 2nd or 3rd (or virtual or w/e drive) to your SC2 auto replay folder.


Okay that's good news but now I need to figure out why it is I can't get auto-save to work! Is the client folder integral to auto-save functionality?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
October 05 2010 05:45 GMT
#558
On October 05 2010 08:58 shortround wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2010 22:44 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
On October 04 2010 22:32 shortround wrote:
Dakota- I'm running Windows 7 and my Starcraft 2 replays are stored in my home folder on a seperate partition from the system files, which seems to screw up auto save (since it's relative to home folder and there appears to be no way to actually direct this to a different partition, only the documents library). If this were changed or if auto-save function was added as an option for watched folders / replay sources my problem would be solved. I know it's probably a rare issue but I really love your program and want to be able to make full use of it!

You can provide absolute folder to the SC2 auto-folder; it will work that way.

The SC2 auto-folder is interpreted this way:
-If it exists by itself, it will be used as an absolute folder.
-If not, it will be treated as a user-home relative folder and it will be appended to the user home to create an absolute folder.

So just provide your absolute folder in your 2nd or 3rd (or virtual or w/e drive) to your SC2 auto replay folder.


Okay that's good news but now I need to figure out why it is I can't get auto-save to work! Is the client folder integral to auto-save functionality?

What do you mean by that?

There are defaults to everything. You can change your SC2 auto-replay folder (the source), and you can change the auto-save folder (the target). Those are the 2 that the auto-save feature uses. None of them is related to the folder where you extracted Sc2gears.
https://repmastered.icza.net
RationalGaze
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom121 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-05 08:49:09
October 05 2010 08:45 GMT
#559
This is a really useful tool thanks! (although I am only using it for renaming replays at the moment)

I have a suggestion - could you sort the names of the players and races when renaming? Otherwise it makes it difficult to sort replays properly in Windows eg. at the moment we have things like:
ZvT DiMaga - Tarson
ZvT DiMaga - Tarson
TvZ Tarson - DiMaga

If you sort both the race and the player then the race will always be:
(Terran Example)
PvT
TvT
TvZ

At the moment it sorts based on Player 1, Player 2, and these can obviously change between games with the same players.
но ни шагу назад
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-05 08:58:02
October 05 2010 08:56 GMT
#560
On October 05 2010 17:45 RationalGaze wrote:
This is a really useful tool thanks! (although I am only using it for renaming replays at the moment)

I have a suggestion - could you sort the names of the players and races when renaming? Otherwise it makes it difficult to sort replays properly in Windows eg. at the moment we have things like:
ZvT DiMaga - Tarson
ZvT DiMaga - Tarson
TvZ Tarson - DiMaga

If you sort both the race and the player then the race will always be:
(Terran Example)
PvT
TvT
TvZ

At the moment it sorts based on Player 1, Player 2, and these can obviously change between games with the same players.

What your talking about is player re-arranging.

Sc2gears has this feature, it's called "favored player list". The favored player list is a comma separated list of (case sensitive) player names. Players being on the favored player list will be put ahead of others (in team games their whole team will be put ahead of other teams, and the players will be moved to the front in their team).

If multiple players are on the favored player list, their positions in the list will decide who to put ahead of others.

You can edit the favored player list in the Miscellaneous settings dialog (from the Settings menu). Or you can add/remove any player from the player list by right clicking on their names in the Replay analyzer or in the Multi-rep analysis, and choosing the appropriate menu item.

Be careful that 1.1 replays are not yet supported, opening them might cause Sc2gears to stop responding or to crash.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 173
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 643
hero 564
BeSt 272
Hyuk 83
Mind 35
Bale 24
Noble 18
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1027
XaKoH 225
League of Legends
JimRising 611
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g9360
ceh9238
Livibee69
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick530
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH369
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Rush1363
• Stunt564
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 13m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 13m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.