• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:08
CEST 05:08
KST 12:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8749 users

[D] Galaxy Editor - Page 28

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 33 Next All
peckham33
Profile Joined April 2010
United States267 Posts
April 28 2010 16:20 GMT
#541
that .5 means it is shifted, change them to a solid value and you will be fine
dead men tell no lies, and i am dead, yet i can talk so i must be alive, but i was just shot in the head five times so i must be dead, but if i am dead then all i have said must be true, so now i am dead and alive?
InRaged
Profile Joined February 2007
1047 Posts
April 28 2010 16:21 GMT
#542
Check it out:


Now that's a Protoss unit and not war of the worlds rip off! =)
teekesselchen
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany886 Posts
April 28 2010 16:24 GMT
#543
On April 29 2010 01:09 dimfish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 19:07 Tossi83 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 28 2010 18:16 dimfish wrote:
Anyone seeing the placement of starting locations have this buggy effect where it should snap to the grid like buildings, but they appear to be a few units off? Specifically I see the start locations snap into place, but a few units to the south. I think it is causing me two problems.

If anyone can confirm stuff like this I'll go post it on the beta forums, but I'm hoping someone can see whether I'm just screwing it up for myself. So,

1. (Major Problem) A starting location that's well-placed next to resources (minus the slightly-off effect) can cause the actual CC/nexus/hatch to spawn much further away:

Notice the slightly off-to-the-south placement of the start location:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


And in-game the Nexus spawns way off to the right. My best guess is the game decided the slightly-off start location was illegally placed next to minerals and moved it off to a position that no longer conflicts:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



2. (Minor Problem) Conflicting start locations (like the one above) won't render in map image exports.

Since start locations are off-to-the-south-slightly for me, on a symmetric map with a top and bottom start location, one will be slightly further from its resources (notice the small green gap on top of the start location):
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The other start location, with minerals on the southern side, slightly overlaps the resource restriction zone:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


And when I export the map image the slightly ok location appears and the slightly conflicting location has evaporated:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ugh. I searched pretty thoroughly but haven't come across anyone else mentioning these problems.


I have no such problem, but I may know a quick fix to this for you. Try to adjust your start locations manually. Select each of them, press enter key, and edit position X and Y so it ends with ".5"

Also try to check if the problem persists in the newly created map. If it doesn't then you messed something up with the map you are making.


Ok, so when I check the properties like you suggested, the X, Y positions already end in ".5" so I guess it's fine. Yeah, I really don't know what's up here.

So far I'm testing the relation to minerals by placing a command center at the location I want the starting point later. It prohibits ressources to be moved closer to the command center than it would be possible ingame. So first I place the minerals, then a command center
that covers the starting location and then I move the ressources so they fit well.
When they were introduced, he made a witticism, hoping to be liked. She laughed extremely hard, hoping to be liked. Then each drove home alone, staring straight ahead, with the very same twist to their faces.
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
April 28 2010 16:46 GMT
#544
I remember the collosus bomb idea from way back when.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
InRaged
Profile Joined February 2007
1047 Posts
April 28 2010 16:56 GMT
#545
On April 29 2010 01:46 Archerofaiur wrote:
I remember the collosus bomb idea from way back when.

My mind hadn't changed since then, I still think it's much cooler =)
And you can't imagine how revealing it was when I finally made it playable haha New Data editor is a huuuuge mess at the moment
Tossi83
Profile Joined April 2010
Poland24 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-28 17:18:35
April 28 2010 17:14 GMT
#546
On April 29 2010 01:09 dimfish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 19:07 Tossi83 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 28 2010 18:16 dimfish wrote:
Anyone seeing the placement of starting locations have this buggy effect where it should snap to the grid like buildings, but they appear to be a few units off? Specifically I see the start locations snap into place, but a few units to the south. I think it is causing me two problems.

If anyone can confirm stuff like this I'll go post it on the beta forums, but I'm hoping someone can see whether I'm just screwing it up for myself. So,

1. (Major Problem) A starting location that's well-placed next to resources (minus the slightly-off effect) can cause the actual CC/nexus/hatch to spawn much further away:

Notice the slightly off-to-the-south placement of the start location:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


And in-game the Nexus spawns way off to the right. My best guess is the game decided the slightly-off start location was illegally placed next to minerals and moved it off to a position that no longer conflicts:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



2. (Minor Problem) Conflicting start locations (like the one above) won't render in map image exports.

Since start locations are off-to-the-south-slightly for me, on a symmetric map with a top and bottom start location, one will be slightly further from its resources (notice the small green gap on top of the start location):
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The other start location, with minerals on the southern side, slightly overlaps the resource restriction zone:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


And when I export the map image the slightly ok location appears and the slightly conflicting location has evaporated:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ugh. I searched pretty thoroughly but haven't come across anyone else mentioning these problems.


I have no such problem, but I may know a quick fix to this for you. Try to adjust your start locations manually. Select each of them, press enter key, and edit position X and Y so it ends with ".5"

Also try to check if the problem persists in the newly created map. If it doesn't then you messed something up with the map you are making.


Ok, so when I check the properties like you suggested, the X, Y positions already end in ".5" so I guess it's fine. Yeah, I really don't know what's up here.


Does the problem exists in newly created maps too?

Try to rotate the camera (Ctrl + hold Right Mouse Button). Does it look like the start location move into different position(Is it in the air maybe)? If for some strange reason it ended up in the air try to use "Main menu bar -> Data -> Modify Height Field..." tool. Maybe it will fix the problem.

Also if it will not help try to put map on some server so maybe if I can download it and mess around with it I will be able to locate the problem better.

On April 29 2010 01:20 peckham33 wrote:
that .5 means it is shifted, change them to a solid value and you will be fine


You are wrong, .5 is proper end of coordinate number for properly placed start location. Dont spread missinformation. Check something before you state it as truth, please.
... lurking in the shadows.
saltygrapes
Profile Joined April 2010
181 Posts
April 28 2010 19:30 GMT
#547
[image loading]

WIP from my laser tag map ^_^
sxpointz!
w1llie
Profile Joined April 2010
United States7 Posts
April 28 2010 21:14 GMT
#548
Has anyone got building morphing to work? Been trying the last few days and I still can't get it to work. I got the models and everything to show up correctly but the new unit has no abilities or weapons. If I place the new unit with the editor it works fine, though.
Jokey665
Profile Joined April 2010
United States138 Posts
April 28 2010 21:24 GMT
#549
How do you play these maps in multi? I know you can't do it officially, but I heard there's a workaround. What is it?
InRaged
Profile Joined February 2007
1047 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-28 21:31:43
April 28 2010 21:31 GMT
#550
Jokey665, both of the players should replace one of the official maps with it and play custom game on it.
Koffiegast
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands346 Posts
April 29 2010 01:02 GMT
#551
Hey guys I got two questions that I'm not really able to find, the first one is probably easiest:
Is it possible to make a pretty generic unit that can be upgraded that heavily uses triggers/scripting? The idea is to have two upgrades that counter each other, for example 'if upgrade 1 is taken, the unit gets a speedbuff but its size is also increased' and the other upgrade the complete opposite of that.

The other question whether it is possible to deform the terrain? To make a hill or valley by an ability? I'm sure blizz would add this as it would be weird if they didnt.. well imo

Thanks
Wut
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
April 29 2010 02:07 GMT
#552
The other question whether it is possible to deform the terrain? To make a hill or valley by an ability? I'm sure blizz would add this as it would be weird if they didnt.. well imo

This isnt in the editor atm but it will be in at the launch i would imagine
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
Whyx
Profile Joined April 2010
United States73 Posts
April 29 2010 05:42 GMT
#553
I told a friend of mine to give me an idea for an UMS. He said to make a platformer...anyone think this is possible with the right triggers?
The Golden Sun will rise again...
HyBReD
Profile Joined April 2010
United States21 Posts
April 29 2010 09:02 GMT
#554
Someone already posted version 1 of my Tech Demo a few pages back. Here's version 2 which has been getting much more praise. :p

Arrogantly Elitist
dyren
Profile Joined December 2009
United States260 Posts
April 29 2010 09:16 GMT
#555
Wow... I don't even know what to say that is so amazing.
(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Orly
Profile Joined March 2010
Belgium28 Posts
April 29 2010 12:07 GMT
#556
On April 29 2010 18:02 HyBReD wrote:
Someone already posted version 1 of my Tech Demo a few pages back. Here's version 2 which has been getting much more praise. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygjkn1HIoPg&feature=channel

Haha, very awesome stuff!

Is that a render to texture channel for the inventory model? I can't for the life of me figure out how to bind a camera to a RTT channel
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
April 29 2010 12:18 GMT
#557
Can someone help me with my map, it's 64x64 blood bath remake but for some reason it won't let me place minerals outside of this green area (only able to see it from the pathing grid on).

here is the map
[image loading]
[image loading]

and here is me using the legacy converter on the BW map, which placed minerals outside the green area

[image loading]
[image loading]

Problem is though, that the BW map doesn't really convert well into an sc2 map design so I had to modify it a bit and the minerals are all off. Not to mention the gasses need to be doubled.

So how do i place outside the green box?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Koffiegast
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands346 Posts
April 29 2010 12:20 GMT
#558
Probably map boundaries
Wut
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-29 12:31:41
April 29 2010 12:23 GMT
#559
On April 25 2010 06:00 Pape wrote:
Blood Bath anyone? :D It had to be done! I added a Xal Naga Tower in the middle that reveals about 1/3 of every base, just to ensure constant action in the middle of the map.

[image loading]
[image loading]

that's not a 64x64 map and it's not very true to the original

upload to mediafire.com plz
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
April 29 2010 12:30 GMT
#560
Still looks fun though.

Which you know is what a map is supposed to be.

This is going to sound stupid but how do you actually get to the editor? I can't work out how to open the thing. -.-
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 194
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 566
NaDa 47
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Other Games
summit1g10181
WinterStarcraft367
Mew2King98
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1325
BasetradeTV326
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• davetesta45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush756
• Lourlo521
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 52m
INu's Battles
8h 52m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 52m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 52m
Replay Cast
19h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.