• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:13
CEST 21:13
KST 04:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10047 users

[D] Galaxy Editor - Page 26

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 33 Next All
saltygrapes
Profile Joined April 2010
181 Posts
April 27 2010 18:28 GMT
#501
this will probably end up being part of a cinematic/campaign i put together:

[image loading]

[image loading]

no sky yet none of them seem to work...
sxpointz!
ADAM.1
Profile Joined March 2010
United States36 Posts
April 27 2010 18:34 GMT
#502
nice bro - that has a really nice/legendary/eerie feel to it.
Terran Lifestyle
Rickilicious
Profile Joined July 2009
United States220 Posts
April 27 2010 19:40 GMT
#503
Ok, this is a very fundamental idea of my map, but I've run into a road block.

I want when like 2 zealots enter a region, to create a larger version of the zealot and kill the other two. But I am very frustrated because I've been looking through all the 'conditions', and I just can't find a unit name or anything.
+ Show Spoiler +

What I have:

Events
Unit - Any Unit Enters BottomLeft-Combination-In
Local Variables
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Big-Zealot for player (Triggering player) at (Center of BottomLeft-Combination-Out) using default facing (No Options)
Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)


I figured under "Conditions" what I'd be looking for was something like, triggering unit == 2 zealots or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.
Doug Righteous
ADAM.1
Profile Joined March 2010
United States36 Posts
April 27 2010 21:59 GMT
#504
I haven't messed eith triggered since wc3 but...I'm going to assume your event is unit enters region..then in your condition is where you define x amount of units.
Terran Lifestyle
Thratur
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada917 Posts
April 27 2010 22:29 GMT
#505
After my awesome turret defense, I made the triggers for Zone Control :
[image loading]

Map made by Morrow, triggers by me. Everything is done and ready for publishing.
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
April 27 2010 22:39 GMT
#506
frig whats that map site for sc2? and how can i play these maps with a friend. I LOVE YOU WHO EVER ANSWERS
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
Vynakros
Profile Joined March 2010
Slovenia63 Posts
April 27 2010 22:41 GMT
#507
On April 28 2010 07:39 wishbones wrote:
frig whats that map site for sc2? and how can i play these maps with a friend. I LOVE YOU WHO EVER ANSWERS


http://www.sc2mapster.com/
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-27 22:43:32
April 27 2010 22:43 GMT
#508
FOR YOU, I GIVE BEDAZZLED.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
saltygrapes
Profile Joined April 2010
181 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-27 22:57:58
April 27 2010 22:56 GMT
#509
On April 28 2010 04:40 Rickilicious wrote:
Ok, this is a very fundamental idea of my map, but I've run into a road block.

I want when like 2 zealots enter a region, to create a larger version of the zealot and kill the other two. But I am very frustrated because I've been looking through all the 'conditions', and I just can't find a unit name or anything.
+ Show Spoiler +

What I have:

Events
Unit - Any Unit Enters BottomLeft-Combination-In
Local Variables
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Big-Zealot for player (Triggering player) at (Center of BottomLeft-Combination-Out) using default facing (No Options)
Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)


I figured under "Conditions" what I'd be looking for was something like, triggering unit == 2 zealots or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.


Ball Sack
Events
Unit - Any Unit Enters (Empty region)
Local Variables
Zealot Group = (Empty unit group) <Unit Group>
Conditions
(Unit type of (Triggering unit)) == Zealot
Actions
Variable - Set Zealot Group = (Zealot units in (Empty region) owned by player (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most 2)
General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
If
(Number of Living units in Zealot Group) > 1
Then
Unit - Create 1 Mega-Zealot for player (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of (Empty region)) using default facing (No Options)
Unit Group - Pick each unit in Zealot Group and do (Actions)
Actions
Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
Else


Since there should never be more than 2 zealots in the region you're talking about, this should work. If there were 5 zealots there, for example, it might not make the triggering unit a part of the unit group (as the maximum is 2), and I can't really change that since there's no "matching unit" stuff anymore. but this should be fine for what you're looking for
sxpointz!
MachinimaMat
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6 Posts
April 27 2010 22:59 GMT
#510
On April 28 2010 03:28 saltygrapes wrote:
no sky yet none of them seem to work...


Has anyone been able to change the sky?
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-27 23:03:19
April 27 2010 23:02 GMT
#511
This thread is reason number 967 why I love TL.


One question. Has anyone figured out how to unlock the camera so you can zoom out past normal limits?
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
saltygrapes
Profile Joined April 2010
181 Posts
April 27 2010 23:19 GMT
#512
On April 28 2010 07:59 MachinimaMat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 03:28 saltygrapes wrote:
no sky yet none of them seem to work...


Has anyone been able to change the sky?


don't think so. they just don't seem to show up. probably bugged
sxpointz!
ADAM.1
Profile Joined March 2010
United States36 Posts
April 27 2010 23:36 GMT
#513
What is the deal with "actor"? I'm use to making new units like in wc3 but don't see a model field. What I did:
Made a new unit as a caster..say high Templar... Then I saw the actor field..went changed the model to say marine....when I was done editing..the actor field was no longer there and my unit has no model in game or in the editor. Any tutorials out there for making new units or someone feel like writing up a little how to?
Terran Lifestyle
w1llie
Profile Joined April 2010
United States7 Posts
April 27 2010 23:44 GMT
#514
http://www.sc2mapster.com/api-docs/getting-started-with-galaxy-edit/creating-your/

thats a pretty good tut on making units.
ADAM.1
Profile Joined March 2010
United States36 Posts
April 27 2010 23:47 GMT
#515
Apparently I should have went to that site earlier . Much thanks bro
Terran Lifestyle
Snausages
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States529 Posts
April 27 2010 23:52 GMT
#516
[image loading]

[image loading]

I will have a new topic up with a download link once I finish this. 'Til then, chemistry!
teaaaaaaaa
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-28 00:50:07
April 28 2010 00:48 GMT
#517
Lol, ok, your gray raised ground areas look like this face: o_0

EDIT: I guess it would be more like this though: :_!

EDIT2: Finally they added link to this post buttons, I've been doing it the hard way forever.
♞
onisagi
Profile Joined April 2010
United States7 Posts
April 28 2010 00:52 GMT
#518
In response to this:

On April 27 2010 06:49 nomsayin wrote:
I'm working on a version of desti, also in the Map Design thread. It's almost done, I just have one problem with it. I have bridge doodads and the units walk through them instead of over them. I'm not sure what to do. Here's the map, thanks.
[image loading]


Here's a workaround if you're willing to try it:

On April 25 2010 04:50 onisagi wrote:
I put land underneath the doodad bridge to allow it to be walkable by units.

[image loading]


Then filled in the floor with the Road brush under Terrain Layer for the bridge sections that are missing the floor. Hopefully this helps some people that just wanted bridges to not look like unnatural land formations.

You can play with the bridge doodad x/y/z scale to hide the land better, as well as move the water level higher and hide the land, if you're concerned about the ridiculousness of having land underneath a bridge. Lots of things you can do to hide the land.

(Note: i dont think anybody has said anything about moving the elevation of water -> when you're adding water to the terrain there's an "Edit Water" button near the bottom allowing "Height" amongst other things to be changed for the particular water brush you've selected.

I've come to the conclusion that blizzard never intended us to have overpasses that allow units to walk over other units. Not unless they start allowing us to adjust pathing by elevation (aka fun with walking in midair).

Bear4188
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1797 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-28 01:00:04
April 28 2010 00:58 GMT
#519
I'm working on a remake of the "Test of Terran/Survival" series from BW, if any of you are familiar with it. I didn't do any mapping in WC3 so I'm still mostly wrapping my head around all this editor can do. Should be pretty awesome with heroes and zerglings/roaches that crawl on walls

Also, giving the marauder the hellion's attack for a makeshift firebat :D
"I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something." - R. Feynman
ocho
Profile Joined June 2009
United States172 Posts
April 28 2010 01:14 GMT
#520
On April 28 2010 07:29 Thratur wrote:
After my awesome turret defense, I made the triggers for Zone Control :

Map made by Morrow, triggers by me. Everything is done and ready for publishing.


YES! Can't wait for this
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason181
BRAT_OK 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14214
Artosis 328
Mini 266
Dewaltoss 142
Mind 84
Hyun 44
ZZZero.O 41
Bale 23
NaDa 21
Dota 2
qojqva2840
420jenkins554
Counter-Strike
fl0m4036
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6555
Khaldor1304
Liquid`Hasu1026
MindelVK13
Other Games
summit1g4365
FrodaN1761
B2W.Neo788
byalli421
ToD157
QueenE67
Railgan46
Mew2King35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1159
BasetradeTV233
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 39
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix7
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• niya90s 2
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3817
Other Games
• imaqtpie866
• Shiphtur274
• WagamamaTV248
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 47m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 47m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 47m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.