• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:11
CEST 09:11
KST 16:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7048 users

Searchable Ladder, Updated Daily - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 All
dynamite
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany33 Posts
July 17 2010 11:16 GMT
#361
Hi Gibybo,

thanks for bringing the service back up!
The CSV seems to time out though, too much data in there.

Any possibility you can split it up?

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/gibybo/starcraftrankings.com/csv.php on line 27
Gibybo
Profile Joined May 2007
United States229 Posts
July 17 2010 11:25 GMT
#362
Heh yeah it's about time to update the way the .csv works. I'll try to get something better up tomorrow.

In the meantime you might be able to get what you want by playing around with the api: ex. http://starcraftrankings.com/api/ladder.php?q=0&page=1&league=Diamond&server=US
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
July 17 2010 21:52 GMT
#363
Hi Gibybo,

When looking at a specific ranking, any chance of seeing total number of players?

Like for example I see someone is ranked 7832.

That's fine and all. But still I don't know if there are 8 000 players or 8 000 000.

A suggestion is that you display the number of players within the search category, for example "US Platinum", or "EU Platinum" or "US Total", or whatever the search category is.

thanks for a great site.


alfybet
Profile Joined January 2010
United States57 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-17 22:06:02
July 17 2010 22:02 GMT
#364
Awesome. Suggestion to sort by league and then by rating in the search page.
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
July 17 2010 22:07 GMT
#365
please add asian!

and the top of the asian ladder better be 20/30 zergs.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
Wakamex
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada47 Posts
July 17 2010 22:27 GMT
#366
this is amazing. keep up the great work.
Hardway
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3 Posts
July 17 2010 23:09 GMT
#367
This may be a noob question but as I'm new to SC in general I'm ok with that. =)

How do you find your division number? When I check my ladder I see a name like "Nexus Theta" but no numbers. I asume it's just somewhere and I've just over looked it but I can't seem to find it. Also, does your division number matter as far as rank or is it a way to seperate each group of 100 players?

I'm new to this ladder system and hear people say they were "1300" in SC1 and I asume that means... world rank? This TL account is new so I can't start a new post for three days so I was hoping to find some answers here.

I'm only gold now and have a long way to go but I'd really like to wrap my head around the ranking system and how it works. I've asked quite a few people and at least in the circle I play with nobody really knows but we'd all love to find out. Is this rank list "offical" or is it just a self made list that doesn't count towards a real ranking? I've also head of ranking such as B+ and D-. Is that the same ranking system? Why is one numbers and the other based of a grade system?

Anyone who could explain the basics of how it works and where I can find more info on how to get into the rankings would be a great help. I know there's a whole class of new players that have the same questions. I may only be gold now but I'm getting better everyday and really want to start tracking my progress as my skill grows.

Thanks!
P.S. I have tried to find some of this information out on my own but I have not had much luck. It seems players either talk about it like everyone knows or not at all.
GG! ...wait, I'm not dead?
Unfurl
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States272 Posts
July 18 2010 01:03 GMT
#368
This is also a good way to see if others have your name lol, and how mAny WhiteRa fakes there are
Unfurl
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States272 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-18 01:18:20
July 18 2010 01:17 GMT
#369
Hardway, click Multiplayer, next to your league icon (like the Gold emblem), there is a number next to it, that's the rank in your division in your league
byobong7
Profile Joined February 2010
United States207 Posts
July 18 2010 01:42 GMT
#370
On July 18 2010 08:09 Hardway wrote:
This may be a noob question but as I'm new to SC in general I'm ok with that. =)

How do you find your division number? When I check my ladder I see a name like "Nexus Theta" but no numbers. I asume it's just somewhere and I've just over looked it but I can't seem to find it. Also, does your division number matter as far as rank or is it a way to seperate each group of 100 players?


Division number means nothing, they took out division numbers because people thought it meant something, it was confusing. Your division is just random when you get put in a league just a way to split up leagues. Blizzard wants you to feel like you are competing vs 100 other people instead of 10,000+ in gold, ect.


I'm only gold now and have a long way to go but I'd really like to wrap my head around the ranking system and how it works. I've asked quite a few people and at least in the circle I play with nobody really knows but we'd all love to find out. Is this rank list "offical" or is it just a self made list that doesn't count towards a real ranking? I've also head of ranking such as B+ and D-. Is that the same ranking system? Why is one numbers and the other based of a grade system?


Not exactly sure what you are talking about here, you are all over the map in asking questions. The grade system was popular ranking for ICCup. Blizzard is using named leagues + points system inside of leagues to rank people. So overall you have Diamond > Platinum > Gold > Silver > Bronze. Then inside of the league you have Rating, you get and lose Rating from games. How exactly you lose and gain points is loosely based on an ELO system. You can read a little bit more about it in the liquipedia (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Battle.net_Leagues). Its not really important that you know the details of how it works really.

Also people saying they are "500" level Diamond doesn't mean anything really. 500 rating one day means something different the next day because of point inflation over time. As for if this is 'official' the answer is kind of. Right now in beta there is no way to go and look at different divisions and compare them. Starcraftrankings.com is using bots to crawl the sc2 website and get the information themselves. So the data should be accurate. Since the system has inflation in it, it does favor people who play more, though in theory over a large enough amount of games it should even out. As of writing this post Huk is #1 and idra #2, but idra has a better win:loss ratio, but less games played.


Anyone who could explain the basics of how it works and where I can find more info on how to get into the rankings would be a great help. I know there's a whole class of new players that have the same questions. I may only be gold now but I'm getting better everyday and really want to start tracking my progress as my skill grows.

Thanks!
P.S. I have tried to find some of this information out on my own but I have not had much luck. It seems players either talk about it like everyone knows or not at all.



CEVO SC2 Official
InfiniteIce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States794 Posts
July 18 2010 02:02 GMT
#371
You sir, are god. I was waiting a long time to see when this would come back up (after the patch 12 fiasco!)

Thank you for your continued and renewed efforts, and I hope that you do the same after retail. =]
i keep going back to my response to chill's fake PM and laughing, then immediately getting a feeling that i assume i'd get if i had an orgasm and the girl said "hahaha guess what i have a dick" -FakeSteve
Attris
Profile Joined September 2009
United States175 Posts
July 18 2010 02:07 GMT
#372
Good stuff as always. Your effort is appreciated.
Are you serious? |sRs| www.srejects.com
Prev 1 17 18 19 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 160
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 277
HiyA 262
Shine 75
Mong 73
NotJumperer 35
Bale 31
Noble 13
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 602
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 807
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft760
Other Games
summit1g8955
PiGStarcraft355
ceh9348
Happy344
Livibee114
ArmadaUGS32
RuFF_SC226
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream517
Other Games
gamesdonequick473
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2361
League of Legends
• Rush1443
• Lourlo1422
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 49m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 49m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.