• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:13
CEST 23:13
KST 06:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8573 users

HotS Balance Update #4 [9/28/12] - Page 24

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
500 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
pmp10
Profile Joined April 2012
3399 Posts
October 01 2012 19:53 GMT
#461
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:36 TheLunatic wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

I think terrans will be getting screwed this expansion


You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .

Then the problem is with claiming that everyone agrees on it.
The only thing about terran completeness I'll agree on is that it's the closest race to being completely broken.
Sakkreth
Profile Joined February 2011
Lithuania1096 Posts
October 01 2012 20:08 GMT
#462
What about attaching mothership core anywhere to the ground within lets say 8 range of your any nexus ? or smt like that..
WhiteRa, NaNiWa, Creator, sOs, Krr, ForGG, MMA, Zest ||
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
October 01 2012 20:25 GMT
#463
On October 02 2012 04:53 pmp10 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:36 TheLunatic wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

I think terrans will be getting screwed this expansion


You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .

Then the problem is with claiming that everyone agrees on it.
The only thing about terran completeness I'll agree on is that it's the closest race to being completely broken.


It's obviously just an opinion but a very common one in the community. Even Browder aknowledges it somewhat.

Dustin Browder: There's currently a concern with the Zerg Infestor's power fungal growth. I still hear a lot of complaints about the Zerg still not being strong enough, as well as Terrans still being too flexible. The latter's the most persistent one for the longest time. That's almost a design flaw not a balance flaw. We just have too many good units in that race. It's hard to cut units in that race and say, "I know you have a lot of good units, but we're killing two because [your race] is too good." (laughs) That's not going to work. And it's not fun to go, "Hey, you know that unit that was fun and useful? Well, we ruined it, so now your race is balanced." That feels terrible too. Those are some of the hot areas I've heard.


It's definitely the majority opinion on reddit mejogid [440 votes]

If by broken, you mean underpowered then, maybe... but has been the most dominant race in WOL by such a large margin, maybe it's not so bad we relinquish some domination at the end of WOL's lifetime
MMA: The true King of Wings
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
October 01 2012 20:33 GMT
#464
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:36 TheLunatic wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

I think terrans will be getting screwed this expansion


You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .


At least a third of Terran options in WoL is total crap. They have most options but since so many of them are just useless this doesn't really matter . Terran in WoL was the most complete race then they made several units and upgrades totally useless now it def. isn't anymore. Zerg probably is right now.
xNSwarm
Profile Joined December 2011
155 Posts
October 01 2012 20:35 GMT
#465
On October 02 2012 05:25 SarcasmMonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 04:53 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:36 TheLunatic wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

I think terrans will be getting screwed this expansion


You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .

Then the problem is with claiming that everyone agrees on it.
The only thing about terran completeness I'll agree on is that it's the closest race to being completely broken.


It's obviously just an opinion but a very common one in the community. Even Browder aknowledges it somewhat.

Show nested quote +
Dustin Browder: There's currently a concern with the Zerg Infestor's power fungal growth. I still hear a lot of complaints about the Zerg still not being strong enough, as well as Terrans still being too flexible. The latter's the most persistent one for the longest time. That's almost a design flaw not a balance flaw. We just have too many good units in that race. It's hard to cut units in that race and say, "I know you have a lot of good units, but we're killing two because [your race] is too good." (laughs) That's not going to work. And it's not fun to go, "Hey, you know that unit that was fun and useful? Well, we ruined it, so now your race is balanced." That feels terrible too. Those are some of the hot areas I've heard.


It's definitely the majority opinion on reddit mejogid [440 votes]

If by broken, you mean underpowered then, maybe... but has been the most dominant race in WOL by such a large margin, maybe it's not so bad we relinquish some domination at the end of WOL's lifetime

i think that terran is still missing a good lategame gas sink. Maybe the new battlecruiser will fill this role, or possibly the raven if it gets adjusted.
kmillz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1548 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-01 20:41:08
October 01 2012 20:40 GMT
#466
On October 02 2012 05:35 xNSwarm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:25 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:53 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:36 TheLunatic wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

I think terrans will be getting screwed this expansion


You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .

Then the problem is with claiming that everyone agrees on it.
The only thing about terran completeness I'll agree on is that it's the closest race to being completely broken.


It's obviously just an opinion but a very common one in the community. Even Browder aknowledges it somewhat.

Dustin Browder: There's currently a concern with the Zerg Infestor's power fungal growth. I still hear a lot of complaints about the Zerg still not being strong enough, as well as Terrans still being too flexible. The latter's the most persistent one for the longest time. That's almost a design flaw not a balance flaw. We just have too many good units in that race. It's hard to cut units in that race and say, "I know you have a lot of good units, but we're killing two because [your race] is too good." (laughs) That's not going to work. And it's not fun to go, "Hey, you know that unit that was fun and useful? Well, we ruined it, so now your race is balanced." That feels terrible too. Those are some of the hot areas I've heard.


It's definitely the majority opinion on reddit mejogid [440 votes]

If by broken, you mean underpowered then, maybe... but has been the most dominant race in WOL by such a large margin, maybe it's not so bad we relinquish some domination at the end of WOL's lifetime

i think that terran is still missing a good lategame gas sink. Maybe the new battlecruiser will fill this role, or possibly the raven if it gets adjusted.


I don't really think having excess gas should necessarily be considered a problem, basically that means Terran spends more minerals than gas which is good, because they have mules and minerals are easier to get.
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-01 20:45:39
October 01 2012 20:44 GMT
#467
On October 02 2012 05:40 kmillz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:35 xNSwarm wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:25 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:53 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:36 TheLunatic wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

I think terrans will be getting screwed this expansion


You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .

Then the problem is with claiming that everyone agrees on it.
The only thing about terran completeness I'll agree on is that it's the closest race to being completely broken.


It's obviously just an opinion but a very common one in the community. Even Browder aknowledges it somewhat.

Dustin Browder: There's currently a concern with the Zerg Infestor's power fungal growth. I still hear a lot of complaints about the Zerg still not being strong enough, as well as Terrans still being too flexible. The latter's the most persistent one for the longest time. That's almost a design flaw not a balance flaw. We just have too many good units in that race. It's hard to cut units in that race and say, "I know you have a lot of good units, but we're killing two because [your race] is too good." (laughs) That's not going to work. And it's not fun to go, "Hey, you know that unit that was fun and useful? Well, we ruined it, so now your race is balanced." That feels terrible too. Those are some of the hot areas I've heard.


It's definitely the majority opinion on reddit mejogid [440 votes]

If by broken, you mean underpowered then, maybe... but has been the most dominant race in WOL by such a large margin, maybe it's not so bad we relinquish some domination at the end of WOL's lifetime

i think that terran is still missing a good lategame gas sink. Maybe the new battlecruiser will fill this role, or possibly the raven if it gets adjusted.


I don't really think having excess gas should necessarily be considered a problem, basically that means Terran spends more minerals than gas which is good, because they have mules and minerals are easier to get.


Then mapmakers should stop implementing extra Gas geysirs / rich gas geysirs if one races can't benefit from them for example. Or they should start making maps with extra minerals / fewer gas as well.

Looks , it's just not good game design if one race can't spend one of only two resources effectively because the units requiring high amount of that resource are just not very useful .
link0
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-01 20:49:13
October 01 2012 20:49 GMT
#468
Mothership core still keeps blink all-ins extremely powerful in P v T by removing the need to build a robo and observers to blink up.
http://www.justin.tv/link0 - Gosu.Linko - http://www.facebook.com/link0
kmillz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1548 Posts
October 01 2012 21:01 GMT
#469
On October 02 2012 05:49 link0 wrote:
Mothership core still keeps blink all-ins extremely powerful in P v T by removing the need to build a robo and observers to blink up.


Makes it powerful in all matchups I think
kmillz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1548 Posts
October 01 2012 21:02 GMT
#470
On October 02 2012 05:44 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:40 kmillz wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:35 xNSwarm wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:25 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:53 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:36 TheLunatic wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

I think terrans will be getting screwed this expansion


You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .

Then the problem is with claiming that everyone agrees on it.
The only thing about terran completeness I'll agree on is that it's the closest race to being completely broken.


It's obviously just an opinion but a very common one in the community. Even Browder aknowledges it somewhat.

Dustin Browder: There's currently a concern with the Zerg Infestor's power fungal growth. I still hear a lot of complaints about the Zerg still not being strong enough, as well as Terrans still being too flexible. The latter's the most persistent one for the longest time. That's almost a design flaw not a balance flaw. We just have too many good units in that race. It's hard to cut units in that race and say, "I know you have a lot of good units, but we're killing two because [your race] is too good." (laughs) That's not going to work. And it's not fun to go, "Hey, you know that unit that was fun and useful? Well, we ruined it, so now your race is balanced." That feels terrible too. Those are some of the hot areas I've heard.


It's definitely the majority opinion on reddit mejogid [440 votes]

If by broken, you mean underpowered then, maybe... but has been the most dominant race in WOL by such a large margin, maybe it's not so bad we relinquish some domination at the end of WOL's lifetime

i think that terran is still missing a good lategame gas sink. Maybe the new battlecruiser will fill this role, or possibly the raven if it gets adjusted.


I don't really think having excess gas should necessarily be considered a problem, basically that means Terran spends more minerals than gas which is good, because they have mules and minerals are easier to get.


Then mapmakers should stop implementing extra Gas geysirs / rich gas geysirs if one races can't benefit from them for example. Or they should start making maps with extra minerals / fewer gas as well.

Looks , it's just not good game design if one race can't spend one of only two resources effectively because the units requiring high amount of that resource are just not very useful .


I would think mech play would be very expensive on gas?
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
October 01 2012 21:05 GMT
#471
On October 02 2012 06:02 kmillz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:44 s3rp wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:40 kmillz wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:35 xNSwarm wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:25 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:53 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:36 TheLunatic wrote:
[quote]
I think terrans will be getting screwed this expansion


You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .

Then the problem is with claiming that everyone agrees on it.
The only thing about terran completeness I'll agree on is that it's the closest race to being completely broken.


It's obviously just an opinion but a very common one in the community. Even Browder aknowledges it somewhat.

Dustin Browder: There's currently a concern with the Zerg Infestor's power fungal growth. I still hear a lot of complaints about the Zerg still not being strong enough, as well as Terrans still being too flexible. The latter's the most persistent one for the longest time. That's almost a design flaw not a balance flaw. We just have too many good units in that race. It's hard to cut units in that race and say, "I know you have a lot of good units, but we're killing two because [your race] is too good." (laughs) That's not going to work. And it's not fun to go, "Hey, you know that unit that was fun and useful? Well, we ruined it, so now your race is balanced." That feels terrible too. Those are some of the hot areas I've heard.


It's definitely the majority opinion on reddit mejogid [440 votes]

If by broken, you mean underpowered then, maybe... but has been the most dominant race in WOL by such a large margin, maybe it's not so bad we relinquish some domination at the end of WOL's lifetime

i think that terran is still missing a good lategame gas sink. Maybe the new battlecruiser will fill this role, or possibly the raven if it gets adjusted.


I don't really think having excess gas should necessarily be considered a problem, basically that means Terran spends more minerals than gas which is good, because they have mules and minerals are easier to get.


Then mapmakers should stop implementing extra Gas geysirs / rich gas geysirs if one races can't benefit from them for example. Or they should start making maps with extra minerals / fewer gas as well.

Looks , it's just not good game design if one race can't spend one of only two resources effectively because the units requiring high amount of that resource are just not very useful .


I would think mech play would be very expensive on gas?


And how effective is Mech-play in TvP ? HotS didn't change much if anything for TvP , yet.
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
October 01 2012 21:08 GMT
#472
On October 02 2012 06:05 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 06:02 kmillz wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:44 s3rp wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:40 kmillz wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:35 xNSwarm wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:25 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:53 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
[quote]

You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .

Then the problem is with claiming that everyone agrees on it.
The only thing about terran completeness I'll agree on is that it's the closest race to being completely broken.


It's obviously just an opinion but a very common one in the community. Even Browder aknowledges it somewhat.

Dustin Browder: There's currently a concern with the Zerg Infestor's power fungal growth. I still hear a lot of complaints about the Zerg still not being strong enough, as well as Terrans still being too flexible. The latter's the most persistent one for the longest time. That's almost a design flaw not a balance flaw. We just have too many good units in that race. It's hard to cut units in that race and say, "I know you have a lot of good units, but we're killing two because [your race] is too good." (laughs) That's not going to work. And it's not fun to go, "Hey, you know that unit that was fun and useful? Well, we ruined it, so now your race is balanced." That feels terrible too. Those are some of the hot areas I've heard.


It's definitely the majority opinion on reddit mejogid [440 votes]

If by broken, you mean underpowered then, maybe... but has been the most dominant race in WOL by such a large margin, maybe it's not so bad we relinquish some domination at the end of WOL's lifetime

i think that terran is still missing a good lategame gas sink. Maybe the new battlecruiser will fill this role, or possibly the raven if it gets adjusted.


I don't really think having excess gas should necessarily be considered a problem, basically that means Terran spends more minerals than gas which is good, because they have mules and minerals are easier to get.


Then mapmakers should stop implementing extra Gas geysirs / rich gas geysirs if one races can't benefit from them for example. Or they should start making maps with extra minerals / fewer gas as well.

Looks , it's just not good game design if one race can't spend one of only two resources effectively because the units requiring high amount of that resource are just not very useful .


I would think mech play would be very expensive on gas?


And how effective is Mech-play in TvP ? HotS didn't change much if anything for TvP , yet.

What about TvZ?
Stop looking at all the negatives, Banshee Mech is slowly becoming a nice alternative to Marine Tank in TvZ so saying having too much gas in lategame is a moronic statement. You frequently see Zergs in late-game having 3k minerals and 0 gas because of Brood/Infestor composition, does that mean it would be fair for them to petition Blizzard for more triple gas bases?
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-01 21:26:00
October 01 2012 21:25 GMT
#473
On October 02 2012 06:08 Condor Hero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 06:05 s3rp wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:02 kmillz wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:44 s3rp wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:40 kmillz wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:35 xNSwarm wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:25 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:53 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
[quote]
Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

[quote]
Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .

Then the problem is with claiming that everyone agrees on it.
The only thing about terran completeness I'll agree on is that it's the closest race to being completely broken.


It's obviously just an opinion but a very common one in the community. Even Browder aknowledges it somewhat.

Dustin Browder: There's currently a concern with the Zerg Infestor's power fungal growth. I still hear a lot of complaints about the Zerg still not being strong enough, as well as Terrans still being too flexible. The latter's the most persistent one for the longest time. That's almost a design flaw not a balance flaw. We just have too many good units in that race. It's hard to cut units in that race and say, "I know you have a lot of good units, but we're killing two because [your race] is too good." (laughs) That's not going to work. And it's not fun to go, "Hey, you know that unit that was fun and useful? Well, we ruined it, so now your race is balanced." That feels terrible too. Those are some of the hot areas I've heard.


It's definitely the majority opinion on reddit mejogid [440 votes]

If by broken, you mean underpowered then, maybe... but has been the most dominant race in WOL by such a large margin, maybe it's not so bad we relinquish some domination at the end of WOL's lifetime

i think that terran is still missing a good lategame gas sink. Maybe the new battlecruiser will fill this role, or possibly the raven if it gets adjusted.


I don't really think having excess gas should necessarily be considered a problem, basically that means Terran spends more minerals than gas which is good, because they have mules and minerals are easier to get.


Then mapmakers should stop implementing extra Gas geysirs / rich gas geysirs if one races can't benefit from them for example. Or they should start making maps with extra minerals / fewer gas as well.

Looks , it's just not good game design if one race can't spend one of only two resources effectively because the units requiring high amount of that resource are just not very useful .


I would think mech play would be very expensive on gas?


And how effective is Mech-play in TvP ? HotS didn't change much if anything for TvP , yet.

What about TvZ?
Stop looking at all the negatives, Banshee Mech is slowly becoming a nice alternative to Marine Tank in TvZ so saying having too much gas in lategame is a moronic statement. You frequently see Zergs in late-game having 3k minerals and 0 gas because of Brood/Infestor composition, does that mean it would be fair for them to petition Blizzard for more triple gas bases?


It would still be nice if every Unit in the game had a purpose/use in every MU without beeing overpowered. I hope Blizzard implements changes father down in the Beta to underused old units to at least show some effort
kmillz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1548 Posts
October 01 2012 21:25 GMT
#474
On October 02 2012 06:05 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 06:02 kmillz wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:44 s3rp wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:40 kmillz wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:35 xNSwarm wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:25 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:53 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
[quote]

You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .

Then the problem is with claiming that everyone agrees on it.
The only thing about terran completeness I'll agree on is that it's the closest race to being completely broken.


It's obviously just an opinion but a very common one in the community. Even Browder aknowledges it somewhat.

Dustin Browder: There's currently a concern with the Zerg Infestor's power fungal growth. I still hear a lot of complaints about the Zerg still not being strong enough, as well as Terrans still being too flexible. The latter's the most persistent one for the longest time. That's almost a design flaw not a balance flaw. We just have too many good units in that race. It's hard to cut units in that race and say, "I know you have a lot of good units, but we're killing two because [your race] is too good." (laughs) That's not going to work. And it's not fun to go, "Hey, you know that unit that was fun and useful? Well, we ruined it, so now your race is balanced." That feels terrible too. Those are some of the hot areas I've heard.


It's definitely the majority opinion on reddit mejogid [440 votes]

If by broken, you mean underpowered then, maybe... but has been the most dominant race in WOL by such a large margin, maybe it's not so bad we relinquish some domination at the end of WOL's lifetime

i think that terran is still missing a good lategame gas sink. Maybe the new battlecruiser will fill this role, or possibly the raven if it gets adjusted.


I don't really think having excess gas should necessarily be considered a problem, basically that means Terran spends more minerals than gas which is good, because they have mules and minerals are easier to get.


Then mapmakers should stop implementing extra Gas geysirs / rich gas geysirs if one races can't benefit from them for example. Or they should start making maps with extra minerals / fewer gas as well.

Looks , it's just not good game design if one race can't spend one of only two resources effectively because the units requiring high amount of that resource are just not very useful .


I would think mech play would be very expensive on gas?


And how effective is Mech-play in TvP ? HotS didn't change much if anything for TvP , yet.


There are actually some very good threads about how to mech a protoss, but that is besides the point. It is still viable and effective in other matchups, so you can't really blame map imbalance just because one match-up a Terran may be floating gas. That extra gas could be useful for supreme late game anyway where the Terran may want to switch to BC's
JSRazor
Profile Joined December 2011
United States17 Posts
October 02 2012 14:46 GMT
#475
On September 30 2012 19:05 Millet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2012 18:39 Big J wrote:
On September 30 2012 18:27 Hattori_Hanzo wrote:
Well given its stats, it's a hard sell to me that there are NO COUNTERS to MsC stalker rush, between queen's Transfuse and AA dps and early access to widow mines, I feel it's more a matter of inexperience with the new tactics than imba.

I feel like the most problematic thing is going to be blink+MSC in PvP. No obs needed anymore.
Well and of course it sucks that you cannot go 3hatch against 1base P anymore (I think). As long as Swarm Hosts are strong enough to use 2base gas income offensively it feels OK.

It sure feels like blink all-ins will become really strong wihout needing to invest in a robotics facility like you are saying, both in PvP and in PvT (vs 1 rax expand).

On a side note: You have never been able to go 3 base zerg vs 1 base protoss. If so, the protoss is doing something wrong.


Blink all ins are way stronger, if you can deal the dmg early. If your opponent is prepared just enough, it's way to easy to lose your mcore, or force a recall. Because it isn't cloaked, you can't get it as close without it taking a little bit of dmg. As a priority, losing a couple units to kill it off puts you pretty far ahead since your opponent lost vision withit and has to either, wait for a new one to fly across map, build a robo/observer, or do something else. I haven't found enough zergs on hots yet to try stuff like 4gate allin's with the MCore as part of the comp. I've done the 2base 7gate all in with+1 at 7:30, however, because of the MCore, you need to either skip gateway 7 or sacrifice some enconomy and intial warp ins. It's a bit stronger, however it has 3 independent yet big week points now:
1: if you sacrifice a little economy, you can't sustain the 7gate very well, so if you can't break the zerg early, you fall further behind than normal.
2. If you sacrifice the strength of your initial warp in, you run the risk of being deflected more easily at the start. Eitherway, you end up behind in tech if it fails.
3. Sacrificing the upgrade weakens your army significantly.
SC2 Diamond Player, Twitch.tv/JSRazor
JSRazor
Profile Joined December 2011
United States17 Posts
October 02 2012 14:58 GMT
#476
On October 02 2012 06:05 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 06:02 kmillz wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:44 s3rp wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:40 kmillz wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:35 xNSwarm wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:25 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:53 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
[quote]

You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .

Then the problem is with claiming that everyone agrees on it.
The only thing about terran completeness I'll agree on is that it's the closest race to being completely broken.


It's obviously just an opinion but a very common one in the community. Even Browder aknowledges it somewhat.

Dustin Browder: There's currently a concern with the Zerg Infestor's power fungal growth. I still hear a lot of complaints about the Zerg still not being strong enough, as well as Terrans still being too flexible. The latter's the most persistent one for the longest time. That's almost a design flaw not a balance flaw. We just have too many good units in that race. It's hard to cut units in that race and say, "I know you have a lot of good units, but we're killing two because [your race] is too good." (laughs) That's not going to work. And it's not fun to go, "Hey, you know that unit that was fun and useful? Well, we ruined it, so now your race is balanced." That feels terrible too. Those are some of the hot areas I've heard.


It's definitely the majority opinion on reddit mejogid [440 votes]

If by broken, you mean underpowered then, maybe... but has been the most dominant race in WOL by such a large margin, maybe it's not so bad we relinquish some domination at the end of WOL's lifetime

i think that terran is still missing a good lategame gas sink. Maybe the new battlecruiser will fill this role, or possibly the raven if it gets adjusted.


I don't really think having excess gas should necessarily be considered a problem, basically that means Terran spends more minerals than gas which is good, because they have mules and minerals are easier to get.


Then mapmakers should stop implementing extra Gas geysirs / rich gas geysirs if one races can't benefit from them for example. Or they should start making maps with extra minerals / fewer gas as well.

Looks , it's just not good game design if one race can't spend one of only two resources effectively because the units requiring high amount of that resource are just not very useful .


I would think mech play would be very expensive on gas?


And how effective is Mech-play in TvP ? HotS didn't change much if anything for TvP , yet.


Tvp is favoring terran a little bit right now. Protoss can use the stargate more safely now, however, it needs to transition before the midgame gets kicking. You need to do a decent amount of harassment as well. Terrans have been working the battle hellion into the bio ball, which really hurts zealots. It seriously weakens the ability to use zealots effectively. Since the battle hellion deals so well with them, tanks can work their way back into the matchup. Mech in Tvp doesn't usually happen(in my experience so far) till the 10-12 minute mark. Been seeing a lot of bio openings that transition into mech. Other than that, mech still has a couple of mobility weak points that protoss can exploit to win. A Big problem I've encountered in PvT, is when terran get ghost while having battle hellions on their composition. It really hurts. Zealots are no longer useful at all. 50dmg to them before they get to hellions, only to be wiped out in a split second. It also makes the Archon a little weaker. So far, protoss hasn't gotten much to deal with Terran in HotS. If the Tempest had splash dmg, even if only a little bit, maybe it could be useful in all matchups. Right now, it's only been a liability to me in all 3. It's only been a unit with low versatiliy. In engaments, it's good for taking out the massive unts however, you wont kill more than a couple during the battle with your tempest. For they're cost, it's just not worth it.
SC2 Diamond Player, Twitch.tv/JSRazor
summerloud
Profile Joined March 2010
Austria1201 Posts
October 02 2012 16:45 GMT
#477
On October 02 2012 05:33 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:36 TheLunatic wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

I think terrans will be getting screwed this expansion


You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .


At least a third of Terran options in WoL is total crap. They have most options but since so many of them are just useless this doesn't really matter . Terran in WoL was the most complete race then they made several units and upgrades totally useless now it def. isn't anymore. Zerg probably is right now.



zerg isnt a complete race. its just that the infestor fills every single role
kmillz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1548 Posts
October 02 2012 17:59 GMT
#478
On October 03 2012 01:45 summerloud wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:33 s3rp wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:41 pmp10 wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

Last time DB wrote about the warhound he said there was no replacement planned.
That would at least explain why blizzard is trying to turn widow mine from a strategic weapon into a full-blown unit.
But then again DB dose seem to be very flexible with his beta plans so given enough feedback something may change.
It will probably depend on how blizzard betas operate - were there any unit additions in WoL beta?
IIRC units were removed but I have no idea if anything was ever added.

On October 02 2012 04:27 Apolo wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:36 TheLunatic wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:30 Lylat wrote:
I didn't have the chance to get a betakey yet but I watch streams (ForGG and Morrow) and it seems Terrans have no new units except for the mines and the battle helions ? I'm really disappointed as a Terran player since Zergs and Protoss have some cool new units/mechanics...
Or do they plan to add a new one ?

I think terrans will be getting screwed this expansion


You're getting it the wrong way. Terran got too much compared to Zerg and Protoss in WoL. It has been the most complete race. Everyone agrees on that. It's only normal this time Terran doesn't get as many new things to balance it out.

Is it wrong that by now I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not?


He's right. is the most complete race in WOL. I know my username doesn't help, but and need more to fill in the gap than .


At least a third of Terran options in WoL is total crap. They have most options but since so many of them are just useless this doesn't really matter . Terran in WoL was the most complete race then they made several units and upgrades totally useless now it def. isn't anymore. Zerg probably is right now.



zerg isnt a complete race. its just that the infestor fills every single role


What defines a "complete" race? O_o
summerloud
Profile Joined March 2010
Austria1201 Posts
October 02 2012 18:46 GMT
#479
i wish they would drop the pretense and just rename the battle hellion into firebat and make it buildable from the barracks and give it the firebat model from WoL

if they want to use battle hellion they have to think of something more clever
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
October 02 2012 18:46 GMT
#480
Late to the party here but how does the speedier MSC contribute to non-deathball play? It seem to me that it will be another "must-have" unit in a deathball.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason140
BRAT_OK 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1041
ZZZero.O 107
Hyun 45
Bale 22
League of Legends
Doublelift3615
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
Fnx 885
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5892
Other Games
summit1g8599
FrodaN3241
B2W.Neo637
ToD287
KnowMe244
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1499
BasetradeTV270
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• musti20045 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1369
• Shiphtur215
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 47m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 47m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 47m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.