• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:50
CEST 03:50
KST 10:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7567 users

Yuna Kim Bandwagon - Page 18

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 All
AxelTVx
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada916 Posts
February 22 2014 05:23 GMT
#341
OKAY RUSSIA. NO CHEATING OKAY.
[image loading]
Axel 145 Masters Protoss
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
February 22 2014 09:30 GMT
#342
http://www.thewire.com/culture/2014/02/why-people-think-adelina-sotnikovas-figure-skating-gold-medal-was-rigged/358344/

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
peanuts
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States1225 Posts
February 22 2014 23:35 GMT
#343
I'm on board with the rigged voting. Way too shady for my liking. Would like to see a rescoring with a new panel, or maybe even a second go. Yuna wasn't the only skater robbed. Everyone else suffers from a falsely judged competition.
Writer"My greatest skill is my enjoyment of the game" - Grubby | @TL_Peanuts
YourHarry
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-23 06:30:23
February 23 2014 06:22 GMT
#344
On February 22 2014 10:52 scissorhands wrote:
Yuna's exit interview (in Korean) after the medal ceremony. I don't trust myself to do an accurate translation, so perhaps someone else can do it? Going to miss seeing her on the ice



Translation from beginning of Yuna's interview, 59 seconds into the video:

Reporter 1 (right): This was your second Olympics. Vancouver and Sochi. How do you feel?
Yuna: My bearing these tears... because of the scoring controversy... people may be misunderstanding... just ... I am relieved that this is over. I think that's the reason for the tears

Reporter 1: Thank you. After your free skate [and learning the results], I was wondering how you would respond. You weren't smiling brightly. But you weren't crying either. How did you feel?
Yuna: Well, I am also kind of curious. I don't think I had a specific thought... just that it's over. Just relieved. I think that's all.

Reporter 2 (left): So far, you have received unfair scoring. It must make you angry, right?
Yuna: (Smiles) Fans around me show anger for me. I am just satisfied it's over. (Sniffles)
...
Never!
scissorhands
Profile Joined July 2011
United States68 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-25 00:41:23
February 25 2014 00:28 GMT
#345
A letter to Yuna from her father, written on Feb 21, 2014. Translated (by joursdepleu at YNKF) from http://sports.news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=sochi2014&ctg=news&mod=read&office_id=016&article_id=0000479026

---------------------------------

My dear Yuna, my lovely daughter,

Today when I was watching your programs on TV, I thought my heart was going to burst. I know that the music to your free skate program, “Adios Nonino”, is originally a tribute for a father and because of this people asked me how I felt as they felt like this program could’ve been a tribute to me during your last program ever.

But I did not hear anything. I could not feel anything. The only thing that came to my vision were the detailed moments of the rise and falls in your movements. My feelings when watching your competitions over the past seventeen years were the same as when I was watching your last competition; it was difficult to watch.

10 days before, when you left for Sochi I did not tell you “Bring home a gold medal”. Instead I only told you to do your very best. Because it was your last competition, I told you to show everything that you wished to do, to pour every fiber of your being into this endeavor, and to not let your supporters down. I told you that the Olympic Gold Medal is something that only the heavens gift you with and that if you did your very best wouldn’t the proper results follow?

Even as I said those words to you, in my heart I had a wish for a gold medal. That is because more than anyone in this world I know of your incredible skill and work ethic. A couple days before, I dreamt that I had won a game and collected all of the money from my friends. After I awoke, I thought to myself that the money in the dream could signify another gold medal and my wish for your 2nd gold medal grew bigger.

However, during the competition I saw an earlier competitor’s, Adelina Sotnikova’s, score and thought that it would be very difficult to overcome this mark. After Vancouver four years ago, because of the scoring system changes I knew that unless you received extra points it would be very difficult for you to get the winning score.

Our Yuna was last to skate in the competition and how nervous you must have been! What would happen if our Yuna makes mistakes? As I awaited for your turn my lips turned dry and my heart felt like it was going to rip apart.

At that moment, the 17 years and 7 months that I have spent with figure skating flashed before my very eyes. Do you remember? The times of countless tears and hardships…I then fervently prayed that in this very situation you would unfold and perform everything that you wanted to perform and leave this stage happy regardless of the result. I sincerely wished for my dear daughter , just as always, to humbly accept reality, to not make excuses, to not complain, to not argue, and to not blame others.

In your last competitive stage you didn’t falter even once. Even with that score, you accepted it, kept the tears back, and smiled. The moment I saw your smile was the happiest moment of our entire journey with figure skating from when you were only six years old to now. I thought that even in adverse conditions you did your best. You didn’t cling onto the results and gave a self satisfying performance. You confidently faced reality and moved forward. I am so thankful that you were able to smile for me like that.

Our loving Yuna, standing here now and looking back at these 17 years and 7 months the countless moments of triumphs and disappointments are coming to mind. The joys were but only fleeting moments while adversity was continuous. When we first started figure skating, our family could not even imagine that you would eventually win an Olympic gold medal. We could not forsee the incredible hardships of figure skating but sacrificed everything while slowly taking things one step at a time, ending here at this point in our lives.

When you competed at international events and received scores that did not reflect great judgment, as your father I was very sorry. I once told you, long ago, that I was sorry that I was not able to give birth to you in a more powerful country known for its figure skating might. Even here, in Korea, without a proper skating rink you trained hard while getting injured over and over again. And every time I sent you off to international competitions while knowing that you were so injured, my heart was deeply troubled.

Despite all of this, you never lost a medal even once in any of the events in your competitive career. Without adversity there are no results, injuries are the evidence of hard work. Once you set a goal, don’t even bat an eyelash and solely focus on the road ahead to run towards your goal. With all this, I am so proud of everything that you have done.

Dear Yuna, you can rest now to your heart’s content. You won an Olympic Gold Medal, you’ve received so much love from so many people, and you’ve even blazed a trail for future Korean skaters. Now, let us return back to being normal people from being celebrities. As your father, I wish that like normal people you will be able to enjoy common, everyday happiness while living a normal life.

Now since we have so much time, let’s ignore the public eye and go out to eat delicious things. Let’s go out to cafes and drink coffee while chatting endlessly. Let us allow for you new dreams to blossom. As your father, I will do everything in my power and will to help you in your new journey.

As soon as your program finished early this morning, I texted to you “Yuna~ You are the real champion” to which you replied “Thanks, I’m fine”.

No my sweet Yuna, thank YOU for boldly overcoming everything in the face of adversity. A job well done. For all these years you have gone through so much. I am incredibly proud of our great Yuna.

I love you.
scissorhands
Profile Joined July 2011
United States68 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-25 02:00:29
February 25 2014 01:57 GMT
#346
Sorry for the continuous bumping Just getting it out of my system....

Apparently, Yuna has been skating with a 1.5cm fracture in her right foot. Since her left leg has had to compensate, she's been experiencing periodic paralysis (?) in her left leg. On a lot of painkillers to get through her skating.

http://sports.news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=sports_general&ctg=news&mod=read&office_id=214&article_id=0000347277

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=yeona&no=470836&page=1&exception_mode=recommend


I can't read this so perhaps someone can verify?

Tazza
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Korea (South)1678 Posts
February 26 2014 12:53 GMT
#347
On February 25 2014 10:57 scissorhands wrote:
Sorry for the continuous bumping Just getting it out of my system....

Apparently, Yuna has been skating with a 1.5cm fracture in her right foot. Since her left leg has had to compensate, she's been experiencing periodic paralysis (?) in her left leg. On a lot of painkillers to get through her skating.

http://sports.news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=sports_general&ctg=news&mod=read&office_id=214&article_id=0000347277

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=yeona&no=470836&page=1&exception_mode=recommend


I can't read this so perhaps someone can verify?


Doesn't say paralysis but a lot of swelling. The other stuff you're saying is right though. It's fairly common knowledge in korea that kim yuna has a lot of health issues now because of her skating career and she's even more revered for it. I forget what other problems/diseases she has but it's safe to say that it wasn't just a fracture she has been dealing with. There were reportedly other health issues that will continually affect her throughout her life
Prev 1 16 17 18 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft484
CranKy Ducklings60
EnkiAlexander 26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft484
CosmosSc2 60
RuFF_SC2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2249
Artosis 559
Dota 2
monkeys_forever596
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1017
taco 344
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox451
Other Games
summit1g8478
JimRising 655
Day[9].tv402
C9.Mang0362
Maynarde156
ViBE143
Livibee74
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1079
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
• OhrlRock 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv402
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 10m
Stellar Fest
11h 10m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.