• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:45
CEST 14:45
KST 21:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6692 users

2012 - 2013 Football Thread! - Page 464

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 462 463 464 465 466 498 Next
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
June 03 2013 17:21 GMT
#9261
that's your anti-real madrid glasses speaking. many teams have attained sudden vast riches over the past decade. and barcelona real madrid united and bayern are wealthy and prestigeous enough to compete for the same players anyway. yet mourinho's chelsea is the single "CM-cheat" team that has performed the best. they were legitimately the best team in the world over a two year period. he went like 86 games without losing on home field.

I mean compare what he did with how mancini has handled manchester city. or compare how mourinho did with every coach that succeeded him.

and not just that. mourinho during his chelsea years, where you could see that he was really happy and enjoying himself, was the most entertaining coach ever. during RM years he went too far on a couple occasions, but during chelsea years he was just.. confident, hilarious and awesome. I've never liked chelsea much but I became a massiv mourinho fanboy during his chelsea reign.
Moderator
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
June 03 2013 17:22 GMT
#9262
Watching Chelsea TV now, they are showing montages of his previous reign... Petr Ceh on the pitch without his cap on is so weird
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
June 03 2013 17:40 GMT
#9263
On June 04 2013 01:52 Pandemona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 01:43 RvB wrote:
Why do Chelsea fans love Mourinho so much? I know he won your first league in a loooong time but it seems so excessive.


He made us the threat we are now, the way we can win games now is mainly due to him.
He installed all the players we had with this "swag" of they are the best, they will win games and you will be successful. The trophies were proof of this, and still even after he went the players had this attitude.
You could argue as well Mourinho's way with the players were the reason other managers have failed, AVB Grant Scolari etc, but Ancelotti was the closet we had to a 2nd Mourinho, a guy who made getting the players on side priority number 1.

With what Mourinho gave us in terms of Trophies and success, is the reason we love him so much. He put us on the global map!

Hmm Mourinho always gives me the impression that he's a short term success trainer who leaves destruction behind him. Look at Inter and at Real Madrid he made a lot of enemies too. Admittedly I don't know much about Chelsea so you're probably right.
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-03 18:02:34
June 03 2013 17:56 GMT
#9264
On June 04 2013 02:15 malcram wrote:
Disagree. Teams need to know the feeling of winning. That creates a legacy. And Mourinho has certainly done that. RDM won us the Champion's League because he rallied the troops with a sense of patriotism, him being an old boy. That's why we showed the character we had. But that fizzled out soon enough. At least that's my opinion.

Sure, without Abramovich's money, we wouldn't be anywhere. But it takes a good coach to make it a winning team.



Then can you explain why Inter and RM (to some degree) are in the shitter ? What happened to their swag ?

Hes an energy drink manager. Chelseas short term sucess after he left may be due to what he brought sure, but none of their recent progress or success has anything to do with him in particular.

You think Ancelotti cant get teams to get a winning feeling ? Hes won plenty..

That having been said, Chelsea was the only club he never wanted to leave so maybe if he actually hangs around somewhere for more than a couple or so years we might get to see something interesting.

On June 04 2013 02:21 Liquid`Drone wrote:
I mean compare what he did with how mancini has handled manchester city. or compare how mourinho did with every coach that succeeded him.

.



Wellll he did kinda win stuff. Hes a terrible manager sure but he wasnt painfully unsuccessful or anything. They underperformed but they were still the second best team in England this year by a margin.
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
June 03 2013 18:20 GMT
#9265
im just saying it's like.. mourinho isn't necessarily a godly manager cuz of what he did with chelsea. I think he's a godly manager cuz of what he did with porto and inter more so than chelsea to be honest, and chelsea more so than madrid. but it's not like you can just put any random coach in a super wealthy club and immediately get good results. in fact having 20 star players can be exceptionally challenging - and imo this aspect of the job is where he actually failed in real madrid compared to say, chelsea. chelsea was a team of stars, but you didn't see players revolting against his rule - in fact they all seemed to love him, and they all worked together to make his gameplan work out. in real madrid, I have the impression that many players are happy to see him leave, and that this isn't just the fault of mourinho.

I think mourinho is the kind of manager whom is very good at making himself be the uncontested boss of his club. but he's also a manager who needs to have this position. kinda like ferguson in this regard. he's the only one who can be bigger than the club he's managing.
Moderator
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
June 03 2013 18:38 GMT
#9266
Like Mourinho said in his interview with Chelsea TV;

He wanted to win the "grand slam" Italy Spain English domestic titles, he has done that now. He obviously wanted to win the champs league with Real but failed to do so.

He was offered the chance to come back to Chelsea and took him a few seconds to agree to do so.

He wants to stay at Chelsea and settle, he is done with moving around he has done what he wanted to do.

In his eyes he is now a complete manager having experienced the Italian League English league and Spanish

He will use the whole of Chelsea, and give the "boys" (youth team/academy) the mentality he gives all his players of "winners"

He is so happy to be back, said it was hard to keep the emotions under wraps in the last few days. He can't stop smiling, but is also feeling very emotional at the same time.

Says he is ready to settle etcetc
I will watch the rest later as the recording i made cut off half way through due to it saying it was 15minutes but it is actually 30 xD
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
GunSec
Profile Joined February 2010
1095 Posts
June 03 2013 18:57 GMT
#9267
wow neymar is going to be huge in barca, looking forward to the next season already. At least he was a beast in FM XD
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
June 03 2013 19:06 GMT
#9268
^
I watched the whole thing, all in all he said he has finished his evolution as a manager (as in growing up) and that he has come to Chelsea at the best time in his career and that he sees Chelsea as a long term project
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
Micro_Jackson
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany2002 Posts
June 03 2013 19:30 GMT
#9269
On June 04 2013 03:20 Liquid`Drone wrote:
im just saying it's like.. mourinho isn't necessarily a godly manager cuz of what he did with chelsea. I think he's a godly manager cuz of what he did with porto and inter more so than chelsea to be honest, and chelsea more so than madrid. but it's not like you can just put any random coach in a super wealthy club and immediately get good results. in fact having 20 star players can be exceptionally challenging - and imo this aspect of the job is where he actually failed in real madrid compared to say, chelsea. chelsea was a team of stars, but you didn't see players revolting against his rule - in fact they all seemed to love him, and they all worked together to make his gameplan work out. in real madrid, I have the impression that many players are happy to see him leave, and that this isn't just the fault of mourinho.

I think mourinho is the kind of manager whom is very good at making himself be the uncontested boss of his club. but he's also a manager who needs to have this position. kinda like ferguson in this regard. he's the only one who can be bigger than the club he's managing.


The thing with mourinho is that he will always walk on a very thin line. He can be brilliant with concentrating all the attention on him and take pressure away from the team but with this kind of attitude he tends to "tilt" sometimes. Like the thing with Cassilias which was just plain stupid.

I find it very funny that on the week Guardiola was announced to coach Bayern some newspapers form spain and england had headlines like "he is running away from mou..." "goes to a kind of worse club..." or "goes to a weak league..." and now Guardiola will coach the CL winner and play one of hist first games against Mourinhos chelsea.
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-03 19:56:34
June 03 2013 19:45 GMT
#9270
On June 04 2013 02:40 RvB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 01:52 Pandemona wrote:
On June 04 2013 01:43 RvB wrote:
Why do Chelsea fans love Mourinho so much? I know he won your first league in a loooong time but it seems so excessive.


He made us the threat we are now, the way we can win games now is mainly due to him.
He installed all the players we had with this "swag" of they are the best, they will win games and you will be successful. The trophies were proof of this, and still even after he went the players had this attitude.
You could argue as well Mourinho's way with the players were the reason other managers have failed, AVB Grant Scolari etc, but Ancelotti was the closet we had to a 2nd Mourinho, a guy who made getting the players on side priority number 1.

With what Mourinho gave us in terms of Trophies and success, is the reason we love him so much. He put us on the global map!

Hmm Mourinho always gives me the impression that he's a short term success trainer who leaves destruction behind him.


That's just a common and incorrect assumption. He left Porto and Chelsea extremely strong, left Inter barely any different and they just crashed and burned without him, and leaves RM still in pretty much better shape than when he joined.

I'm over the Mou-n that he has come back to his home :D. Now is the perfect time to push on in the next phase of his career and move into the 'greatest ever' debate within the next 10 years!!!!

On June 04 2013 02:21 Liquid`Drone wrote:
yet mourinho's chelsea is the single "CM-cheat" team that has performed the best. they were legitimately the best team in the world over a two year period. he went like 86 games without losing on home field.


Yeah, every 'get rich quick' team since Chelsea has kind of been lame by comparison. Difference with Chelsea and the others is that there was a HUGE customer base with some serious money just waiting to be unlocked, but during the 80's Chelsea was one of the most working-class, family-unfriendly, football hooligan-y clubs in London. It was turned around by Ken Bates slowly and eventually, when Abramovich came, it was in the perfect place to be taken up a notch. I personally was upset by the fact that Chelsea got all the money, knowing that people would start disrespecting me for supporting them (even though I supported them since 1994)...and stopped following football in general for a few years. But now you look back at it and it's hard not to respect what Mourinho did, the choices he made and the team he created.

The thing is that Mou gave everyone the impression that being handed a shit load of cash makes it easy to make a world class, top quality team, and future experiments have shown that it was more him than the money that made it so great.

On June 04 2013 04:30 USvBleakill wrote:
I find it very funny that on the week Guardiola was announced to coach Bayern some newspapers form spain and england had headlines like "he is running away from mou..." "goes to a kind of worse club..." or "goes to a weak league..." and now Guardiola will coach the CL winner and play one of hist first games against Mourinhos chelsea.


I'm still not entirely convinced that the Bundesliga is actually now on a par level with la liga and the prem, or if it's mainly because the current crop of German youngsters is incredibly talented. Time will tell I guess. I think a big thing is whether or not the Bundesliga can start draining talent from France, Holland and even Africa more dominantly than the premier league can right now...it's all about talent pools.
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
June 03 2013 19:48 GMT
#9271
I'm going to laugh and cry if he's gone by Christmas

But seriously long term my ass it'll be a miricle if roman doesn't interfere
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Micro_Jackson
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany2002 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-03 20:57:27
June 03 2013 20:31 GMT
#9272
On June 04 2013 04:45 sc4k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 02:40 RvB wrote:
On June 04 2013 01:52 Pandemona wrote:
On June 04 2013 01:43 RvB wrote:
Why do Chelsea fans love Mourinho so much? I know he won your first league in a loooong time but it seems so excessive.


He made us the threat we are now, the way we can win games now is mainly due to him.
He installed all the players we had with this "swag" of they are the best, they will win games and you will be successful. The trophies were proof of this, and still even after he went the players had this attitude.
You could argue as well Mourinho's way with the players were the reason other managers have failed, AVB Grant Scolari etc, but Ancelotti was the closet we had to a 2nd Mourinho, a guy who made getting the players on side priority number 1.

With what Mourinho gave us in terms of Trophies and success, is the reason we love him so much. He put us on the global map!

Hmm Mourinho always gives me the impression that he's a short term success trainer who leaves destruction behind him.


That's just a common and incorrect assumption. He left Porto and Chelsea extremely strong, left Inter barely any different and they just crashed and burned without him, and leaves RM still in pretty much better shape than when he joined.

I'm over the Mou-n that he has come back to his home :D. Now is the perfect time to push on in the next phase of his career and move into the 'greatest ever' debate within the next 10 years!!!!

Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 02:21 Liquid`Drone wrote:
yet mourinho's chelsea is the single "CM-cheat" team that has performed the best. they were legitimately the best team in the world over a two year period. he went like 86 games without losing on home field.


Yeah, every 'get rich quick' team since Chelsea has kind of been lame by comparison. Difference with Chelsea and the others is that there was a HUGE customer base with some serious money just waiting to be unlocked, but during the 80's Chelsea was one of the most working-class, family-unfriendly, football hooligan-y clubs in London. It was turned around by Ken Bates slowly and eventually, when Abramovich came, it was in the perfect place to be taken up a notch. I personally was upset by the fact that Chelsea got all the money, knowing that people would start disrespecting me for supporting them (even though I supported them since 1994)...and stopped following football in general for a few years. But now you look back at it and it's hard not to respect what Mourinho did, the choices he made and the team he created.

The thing is that Mou gave everyone the impression that being handed a shit load of cash makes it easy to make a world class, top quality team, and future experiments have shown that it was more him than the money that made it so great.

Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 04:30 USvBleakill wrote:
I find it very funny that on the week Guardiola was announced to coach Bayern some newspapers form spain and england had headlines like "he is running away from mou..." "goes to a kind of worse club..." or "goes to a weak league..." and now Guardiola will coach the CL winner and play one of hist first games against Mourinhos chelsea.


I'm still not entirely convinced that the Bundesliga is actually now on a par level with la liga and the prem, or if it's mainly because the current crop of German youngsters is incredibly talented. Time will tell I guess. I think a big thing is whether or not the Bundesliga can start draining talent from France, Holland and even Africa more dominantly than the premier league can right now...it's all about talent pools.


Í´m not sure too. I think prem is a bit deeper but i also think that there are a lot of players that are overpayed. But i haven´t watched enough of it to really judge.
On la liga i don´t know. The thing i noticed in comparison of la liga and Bundesliga is that the mid/low tier Bundesliga clubs are strategical better suited against higher teams. Teams like Freiburg, Mainz or Frankfurt did really cool things against teams that have "better" personal.

Also they are more willing to defend a 0-0 over 90 minutes against Bayern or Dortmund. In la liga i saw pretty often that even teams like Valencia or Athletico make really critical errors like trying to defend Messi and Ronaldo 1v1 a couple of times in a game. So i would say LaLiga has better players but the Bundesliga has better strategic education on the players and a better coaching staff.

Another thing that helps in my opinion is the fact that Bundesliga has 2 teams less and "1 game each round"-Pokal. It may seem not that big of a deal to have 6 or 7 games more or less but it allows the poorer teams to have smaller rosters because you have less injuries and more regenerationtime. So they can spend their money on player number 13 and 14 and not on players 21. 22. 23. 24. and 25. just to have enough guys for 50+ games every season.
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
June 03 2013 20:32 GMT
#9273
I have to say I am a little butthurt that Moruinho calls his grand slam complete while completely ignoring the Bundesliga.
This is our town, scrub
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
June 03 2013 21:04 GMT
#9274
On June 04 2013 05:32 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
I have to say I am a little butthurt that Moruinho calls his grand slam complete while completely ignoring the Bundesliga.

His ego won't permit him to accept he didn't win a title in one of the top 3 leagues. And really I can't take Mourinho seriously when he's saying Chelsea is a long term project when he never stays for more than 3 years at a club, add to that that Chelsea has a new coach every year I doubt he'll stay there for long.
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-03 21:18:37
June 03 2013 21:08 GMT
#9275
On June 04 2013 06:04 RvB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 05:32 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
I have to say I am a little butthurt that Moruinho calls his grand slam complete while completely ignoring the Bundesliga.

His ego won't permit him to accept he didn't win a title in one of the top 3 leagues. And really I can't take Mourinho seriously when he's saying Chelsea is a long term project when he never stays for more than 3 years at a club, add to that that Chelsea has a new coach every year I doubt he'll stay there for long.

What's the plan now?
The plan is always the same, evolution and to establish the club at the highest possible level. I left Chelsea in 2007, since then I've spoken about the club many times, especially in my privacy. I remember the day we went to the United States in 2004 pre-season. We had open training sessions with only a couple of kids watching the sessions, nobody was following the team. It was the beginning of Roman and his second season I suppose was the beginning of Chelsea. After that Chelsea started winning the Premier League, for the first time and then the second time, and after that when we went back to the United States we found a completely different situation around the club.

I can imagine now especially after the Champions League, that was the highest point of the club's history, that this is now a bigger club. The social mass around the club is much bigger.

I am the same, physically the same, but every day you have to think about yourself, especially the manager, and about the evolution. I have the same nature but I'm much more mature with a different approach to things, I'm more ready to be in a club and stay for a long time.

Normally you haven't spent a lot more than about three years with a club so you are saying this is longer-term building?
I hope so. When you look at the profile of the Chelsea squad I think it's what they need at this time. If you look from my time, there are around four or five boys and these are the older ones - very important for this football club and very important for the balance of the squad, but it's a young squad with a lot of talent and I think they need stability to reach a high point of their evolution and for their careers. They need stability, stability I hope I can give them and between me, the owner and of course the club, we have no doubts about what we want to do and the approach we want to have. I'm very confident I can help the team and help the boys to develop.

I feel myself not just as the Chelsea manager, because this is the first time in my career that I've arrived at a club that I already love. Normally I love the club a couple of years after I am there. Of course I go to a club, I wear the shirt and I feel the shirt with the crest and I give everything I have to do it, but this is the first time where I love it already. To be at the same time a Chelsea fan and a Chelsea manager is a new feeling for me and it's a fantastic feeling.

As for the top 3 leagues its all a matter of personal preference though one thing is certain, the most prestigious leagues in Europe are: England, Italy and Spain.
Yes there are times when clubs from Germany, Portugal, Holland, France ect. are winning European trophies but the top 3 will always be the top 3
EDIT: now that I think about it a grand slam should be 4 titles, right?
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18761 Posts
June 03 2013 21:09 GMT
#9276
On June 04 2013 06:04 RvB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 05:32 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
I have to say I am a little butthurt that Moruinho calls his grand slam complete while completely ignoring the Bundesliga.

His ego won't permit him to accept he didn't win a title in one of the top 3 leagues. And really I can't take Mourinho seriously when he's saying Chelsea is a long term project when he never stays for more than 3 years at a club, add to that that Chelsea has a new coach every year I doubt he'll stay there for long.


Why do you think so badly of Mourinho? Also whats with this he leaves his club in shambles myth? lol

Porto, Chelsea were all left in very good condition, Inter only have themselves to blame.
Real Madrid was in very bad condition before Mourinho even joined.
Savage88
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany132 Posts
June 03 2013 21:14 GMT
#9277
On June 04 2013 05:32 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
I have to say I am a little butthurt that Moruinho calls his grand slam complete while completely ignoring the Bundesliga.


No club in germany would take him, even for free.
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-03 21:55:57
June 03 2013 21:53 GMT
#9278
On June 04 2013 06:09 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 06:04 RvB wrote:
On June 04 2013 05:32 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
I have to say I am a little butthurt that Moruinho calls his grand slam complete while completely ignoring the Bundesliga.

His ego won't permit him to accept he didn't win a title in one of the top 3 leagues. And really I can't take Mourinho seriously when he's saying Chelsea is a long term project when he never stays for more than 3 years at a club, add to that that Chelsea has a new coach every year I doubt he'll stay there for long.


Why do you think so badly of Mourinho? Also whats with this he leaves his club in shambles myth? lol

Porto, Chelsea were all left in very good condition, Inter only have themselves to blame.
Real Madrid was in very bad condition before Mourinho even joined.

I don't think that bad of him really since he did exceptional at Porto but if you name yourself the special one it's hard to deny you have a massive ego. And why should I take Mourinho's word for it when he says he will be a long term coach when he has never been at clubs for that long especially when you look at the rest of the football world there are very few trainers/players that stay st a club for an extended period of time.

Edit: how is the Serie A more prestigious now than the bundesliga? Italian top clubs can't compete with the top of Europe at the moment while the Bundesliga has been steadily improving for years climaxing in this CL.
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
June 03 2013 21:55 GMT
#9279
On June 04 2013 06:14 Savage88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 05:32 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
I have to say I am a little butthurt that Moruinho calls his grand slam complete while completely ignoring the Bundesliga.


No club in germany would take him, even for free.


If Mourinho offered his services free of charge, I strongly doubt there would be a league in the world where he couldn't find a job.
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-03 22:28:56
June 03 2013 22:19 GMT
#9280
On June 04 2013 06:09 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 06:04 RvB wrote:
On June 04 2013 05:32 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
I have to say I am a little butthurt that Moruinho calls his grand slam complete while completely ignoring the Bundesliga.

His ego won't permit him to accept he didn't win a title in one of the top 3 leagues. And really I can't take Mourinho seriously when he's saying Chelsea is a long term project when he never stays for more than 3 years at a club, add to that that Chelsea has a new coach every year I doubt he'll stay there for long.


Why do you think so badly of Mourinho? Also whats with this he leaves his club in shambles myth? lol

Real Madrid was in very bad condition before Mourinho even joined.


Real Madrid was in a very bad condition ? They only became the highest point gaining second place finisher in la liga history under Pellegrini.. yeahh... not really. He got shafted just like Heynckes is getting shafted + Show Spoiler +
(ok maybe not "just like" but big picture k?)
.

Dont think theres a leaves clubs in shambles myth at all. Its just that he leaves clubs, there is no myth to that.

The only club where hes actually burning bridges is Real, and frankly compared to Real; Inter, Porto and even Chelsea at the beginning were relatively free reign jobs.

At RM where you have alot of shit to manage off the pitch if your personality is combative (which is nice and entertaining) it will get you into trouble. Besides Clubs with sugar daddy action have always been revolving doors. I'd be pleasantly surprised if that does not happen to be the case.

Chelsea is the only club he didnt actually "leave" so you never know.
Prev 1 462 463 464 465 466 498 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings215
SHIN 133
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 600
SHIN 133
Railgan 57
MindelVK 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 70463
Calm 11058
Rain 2444
Bisu 1660
FanTaSy 848
Stork 559
soO 533
Shuttle 520
Rush 273
Soma 246
[ Show more ]
firebathero 215
Snow 214
Last 194
Light 122
Mind 105
Pusan 73
Sharp 59
Sea.KH 58
hero 47
ToSsGirL 46
Bale 38
Free 36
Trap 34
Aegong 27
Hm[arnc] 26
Mong 24
zelot 18
Sexy 15
yabsab 15
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
Noble 11
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8723
Dendi807
Counter-Strike
fl0m1717
byalli972
x6flipin502
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns38746
singsing2216
B2W.Neo654
Pyrionflax257
Trikslyr40
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 87
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 5
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV490
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis2458
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1294
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 15m
OSC
10h 15m
Replay Cast
10h 15m
OSC
23h 15m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.