• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:23
CEST 20:23
KST 03:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8420 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 637

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 635 636 637 638 639 730 Next
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
October 12 2011 03:08 GMT
#12721
Weighed in at 96.9kg this morning .

It looks like I'll have to up my calories even more. Apologies to my toilet.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 12 2011 03:40 GMT
#12722
Jealous of you and sjarl. both of you at ~97kg and i'm down to like 92 or something T_T
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 12 2011 06:16 GMT
#12723
Yay got 155lbx3x5 bench today. Had to go to class so couldn't do sets 4 and 5 but I will count this as a success. Struggled real hard on set 2 rep 5. Struggled extra hard cause I didn't have a spotter lol

Squat form is still suspect but I will increase the weight anyways and try to get proper depth next time. My lower back usually starts to become the weakest link in reps 3-5 and fatigue really messes up my form.

Did BW+25x5x5 chin-ups today too. Hopefully I can keep making linear gains on everything
Official Entusman #21
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
October 12 2011 06:35 GMT
#12724
Does anyone know how much it cost to just "drop-in" at 24 hour fitness for like an hour?

I have some project for school and figured that i would do it at the gym, but it requires my friend to film me.
☺
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 06:44:33
October 12 2011 06:43 GMT
#12725
On October 12 2011 12:40 decafchicken wrote:
Jealous of you and sjarl. both of you at ~97kg and i'm down to like 92 or something T_T


Haha, but I'm willing to bet we have just about the same LBM. I just have more height and fat than you two .

I have some project for school and figured that i would do it at the gym, but it requires my friend to film me.


Gyms are generally not open to you filming inside of them... usually they have signs on the walls saying no filming or photographing without permission. You'd have to call and ask to arrange something.
ZpuX
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Sweden1230 Posts
October 12 2011 06:59 GMT
#12726
Bench: 65kg||143lb 8-5-4
60kg||135lb 8-6
Deadlift: 80kg||173lb 10-10-10-10-10

I just recently started doing deadlifts/squats, didn't take me long to figure out I'm too stiff for squats, trying to working on that. Usually had the goal, when I'm able to do 10-10-10 on the same weight, that's when I move up.
Really, play for fun!
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
October 12 2011 11:42 GMT
#12727
On October 12 2011 15:35 Release wrote:
Does anyone know how much it cost to just "drop-in" at 24 hour fitness for like an hour?

I have some project for school and figured that i would do it at the gym, but it requires my friend to film me.

You can always say that you're considering joining and if you can train there to see if you like it. Most gyms will allow you to go in for free the first time.
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
October 12 2011 12:52 GMT
#12728
On October 12 2011 20:42 Logros wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 15:35 Release wrote:
Does anyone know how much it cost to just "drop-in" at 24 hour fitness for like an hour?

I have some project for school and figured that i would do it at the gym, but it requires my friend to film me.

You can always say that you're considering joining and if you can train there to see if you like it. Most gyms will allow you to go in for free the first time.

QFT

Back in the day me and my mate used to just drive to a different gym every week and say that we were thinking of joining and just wanted to see what the equipment was like. Occasionally they'd try and ambush you on the way out to talk about membership fees and whatnot. Never ended up having to pay anything though.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 13:03:01
October 12 2011 12:58 GMT
#12729
On October 12 2011 15:59 ZpuX wrote:
Bench: 65kg||143lb 8-5-4
60kg||135lb 8-6
Deadlift: 80kg||173lb 10-10-10-10-10

I just recently started doing deadlifts/squats, didn't take me long to figure out I'm too stiff for squats, trying to working on that. Usually had the goal, when I'm able to do 10-10-10 on the same weight, that's when I move up.


what exactly are your goals? you said you want to gain weight but at the same time stay at 6.5% bodyfat?
that might be kinda hard. but if you are serious about it, I highly recommend you check out www.leangains.com

also, doing high rep sets is inferior to low rep (3-5) for gaining strength and mass I believe. high rep is for endurance mostly.

from what i've read from you so far it sounds like starting strength + leangains approach would be best for you.

On October 12 2011 10:53 Bigtony wrote:
Jace/Bigtony
Age: 24 || Height: 5'4" (162 cm) || Weight: 161 pounds/73kg
Starting Date: 1 September 2011 || Goal Date: 1 January 2012

Weight goals -- I'd like to be down to at least 150 pounds by 1 January 2012. My ultimate goal is to lose around 30 pounds (goal weight of 130 pounds) within the next year.

Training goals -- Exercise 3-4 times per week, at least 1 hour. I have been doing Bikram yoga but not maintaining a regular schedule due to work. My membership is running out (and it's $$$) so I have bought a combination of groupons/living social deals to get gym memberships on the cheap. I'd like to start lifting on a regular basis as recommended in this forum.

Nutrition goals -- Increased consumption of fish, fruit, and vegetables. Decreased consumption of simple carbs and grains. Eat a healthy breakfast every day.

Misc goals -- Consistent sleep pattern, at least 7.5 hours per night, preferably 8.5 or 9.


absolutely start lifting asap it will make your life more awesome!
btw, i'm assuming you are a woman? because if you are a man, I would not recommend losing that much weight!

On October 12 2011 10:59 RemedySC wrote:
So I got married on Saturday and it was amazing!

Yesterday's workout was really tough, although I completed everything. Partying hard left me feeling really weak.

Squat 200lbs: 5-5-5
Bench 130lbs: 5-5-8
Pull-up +10lbs: 5-5-4
BO Row 75lbs: 5-5-5

Eating a lot, was only getting about 2700 calories a day before Monday, now i'm aiming for 3200 a day.

Also catching up on sleep... Need to get passed this plateau!


big congrats dude!!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Meat
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands3751 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 14:07:17
October 12 2011 14:06 GMT
#12730
Just came back from the gym, but I'm wondering.. I'm doing starting strength and need to add weight every training but the minimum weight in my gym is 1,25kg so that comes down to adding 2,5 kg each training. I'm most likely on a small calorie deficit so I'm not gaining that much muscle. Adding 7,5kg per week to the squat just seems brutal then. Also last time I did SS it just seemed impossible to keep adding 2,5kg to the military press every workout.
Googled to buy my own 0,5 or 0,625kg weights but can't really find anything, so how do you guys solve this?
Administrator
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 12 2011 14:31 GMT
#12731
On October 12 2011 23:06 Liquid`Meat wrote:
Just came back from the gym, but I'm wondering.. I'm doing starting strength and need to add weight every training but the minimum weight in my gym is 1,25kg so that comes down to adding 2,5 kg each training. I'm most likely on a small calorie deficit so I'm not gaining that much muscle. Adding 7,5kg per week to the squat just seems brutal then. Also last time I did SS it just seemed impossible to keep adding 2,5kg to the military press every workout.
Googled to buy my own 0,5 or 0,625kg weights but can't really find anything, so how do you guys solve this?


I think someone suggested buying length of chain at specific weights as well. Maybe craigslist or the equivalent would work as well for buying weights?
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Meat
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands3751 Posts
October 12 2011 14:38 GMT
#12732
On October 12 2011 23:31 emperorchampion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 23:06 Liquid`Meat wrote:
Just came back from the gym, but I'm wondering.. I'm doing starting strength and need to add weight every training but the minimum weight in my gym is 1,25kg so that comes down to adding 2,5 kg each training. I'm most likely on a small calorie deficit so I'm not gaining that much muscle. Adding 7,5kg per week to the squat just seems brutal then. Also last time I did SS it just seemed impossible to keep adding 2,5kg to the military press every workout.
Googled to buy my own 0,5 or 0,625kg weights but can't really find anything, so how do you guys solve this?


I think someone suggested buying length of chain at specific weights as well. Maybe craigslist or the equivalent would work as well for buying weights?

Can't find anything on the Dutch craigslist, but wrapping around a chain could work.
Administrator
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
October 12 2011 14:54 GMT
#12733
On October 12 2011 23:38 Liquid`Meat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 23:31 emperorchampion wrote:
On October 12 2011 23:06 Liquid`Meat wrote:
Just came back from the gym, but I'm wondering.. I'm doing starting strength and need to add weight every training but the minimum weight in my gym is 1,25kg so that comes down to adding 2,5 kg each training. I'm most likely on a small calorie deficit so I'm not gaining that much muscle. Adding 7,5kg per week to the squat just seems brutal then. Also last time I did SS it just seemed impossible to keep adding 2,5kg to the military press every workout.
Googled to buy my own 0,5 or 0,625kg weights but can't really find anything, so how do you guys solve this?


I think someone suggested buying length of chain at specific weights as well. Maybe craigslist or the equivalent would work as well for buying weights?

Can't find anything on the Dutch craigslist, but wrapping around a chain could work.

I have two 0.5kg plates. Even then it's hard to improve. Just try your goddamn best to squeeze out each rep and even 2.5kg plates should be okayish. You'd just go from 5-5-5 to 4-3-2 probably, but just slam 'em out untill you get 5-5-5 I guess. Can't be too hard to get your hands on a plate though, ebay.nl? fitness-seller.nl sells them 100%
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
Meat
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands3751 Posts
October 12 2011 15:44 GMT
#12734
Thanks, found them on that site.
Administrator
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
October 12 2011 16:06 GMT
#12735
On October 12 2011 23:06 Liquid`Meat wrote:
Just came back from the gym, but I'm wondering.. I'm doing starting strength and need to add weight every training but the minimum weight in my gym is 1,25kg so that comes down to adding 2,5 kg each training. I'm most likely on a small calorie deficit so I'm not gaining that much muscle. Adding 7,5kg per week to the squat just seems brutal then. Also last time I did SS it just seemed impossible to keep adding 2,5kg to the military press every workout.
Googled to buy my own 0,5 or 0,625kg weights but can't really find anything, so how do you guys solve this?

As far as I know, on SS and SL you're supposed to go up by 2.5kgs per session.If you keep going up, you're making progress, if you fail, it allows you to stay on the same weight for another session.

Our gym only has 2.5kg weights, so I've been going up with 5kgs per session. The squat is the most brutal, but it tends to be doable. The overhead press is the one I fail with the most, but even on 5kgs a session I feel like I can still make progress, I just fail once every two sessions. I dunno, personally I'm not going to make smaller incremental changes until I start getting stuck on the same weight for extended periods of time.
Moderator
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
October 12 2011 16:24 GMT
#12736
fmllllll sprained my ankle so badly at soccer last night, under house arrest for the next 4 days at least and probably wont' be doing any squats and deadlifts any time soon ]:
SooYoung-Noona!
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 12 2011 17:18 GMT
#12737
On October 13 2011 01:24 ffadicted wrote:
fmllllll sprained my ankle so badly at soccer last night, under house arrest for the next 4 days at least and probably wont' be doing any squats and deadlifts any time soon ]:


RICE it
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 12 2011 17:56 GMT
#12738
THIS IS SITE IS REALLY NEAT:
http://www.liftbigeatbig.com/

[image loading]
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 12 2011 18:10 GMT
#12739
On October 13 2011 02:56 decafchicken wrote:
THIS IS SITE IS REALLY NEAT:
http://www.liftbigeatbig.com/

[image loading]


Hahaha, I like his general attitude :p
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
October 12 2011 18:57 GMT
#12740
Is this a reasonable price for a foam roller & looks like a decent product? I have no idea what to look for in these things.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Prev 1 635 636 637 638 639 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 262
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 262
BRAT_OK 65
JuggernautJason33
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc8258
febbydoto6
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1396
crisheroes1109
Liquid`Hasu781
Other Games
Grubby3089
FrodaN2527
fl0m1042
Beastyqt859
mouzStarbuck214
KnowMe189
Livibee181
ArmadaUGS128
Mew2King55
Trikslyr44
ToD31
Chillindude29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 74
• StrangeGG 52
• Adnapsc2 16
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 14
• 80smullet 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8833
• WagamamaTV325
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur313
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 37m
INu's Battles
17h 37m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 37m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.