• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:41
CEST 21:41
KST 04:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8503 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 173

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 730 Next
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-17 00:39:59
April 17 2011 00:37 GMT
#3441
Today:
Squat - 265lbs (+10) 5-5-5
M.Press - 100lbs - 5-5-5
DL - 295lbs (+20) - 4-1



edit: forgot camera
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
April 17 2011 00:40 GMT
#3442
On April 17 2011 07:10 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2011 05:56 Drowsy wrote:
Dimsum and Decaf:

What kind of straps do you guys use while snatching, if you use any at all? How do I know which ones are safe to fail snatches behind with? I was told never to use them on cleans because if you fall backwards and don't release in time, you may break your wrists like Zach Krych and lose 2 years of progress.


Don't use straps with any Oly,.... too dangerous and you need to build your grip strength anyway

The only time you would use them would be with something like high pulls but even still


Pretty much impossible for me to do anything but singles if I want to work from the hang then... The bars at my school gym don't have knurling at the ends. There's no chalk allowed so moisture induced slippage is really difficult to deal with.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Michaelj
Profile Joined February 2008
United States186 Posts
April 17 2011 01:46 GMT
#3443
On April 17 2011 09:40 Drowsy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2011 07:10 eshlow wrote:
On April 17 2011 05:56 Drowsy wrote:
Dimsum and Decaf:

What kind of straps do you guys use while snatching, if you use any at all? How do I know which ones are safe to fail snatches behind with? I was told never to use them on cleans because if you fall backwards and don't release in time, you may break your wrists like Zach Krych and lose 2 years of progress.


Don't use straps with any Oly,.... too dangerous and you need to build your grip strength anyway

The only time you would use them would be with something like high pulls but even still


Pretty much impossible for me to do anything but singles if I want to work from the hang then... The bars at my school gym don't have knurling at the ends. There's no chalk allowed so moisture induced slippage is really difficult to deal with.


I use this chalk for my deadlifts:

http://www.amazon.com/Metolius-Eco-Ball/dp/B000212TGA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303004766&sr=8-1

There's not too much mess, and you can probably sneak it in a bag or something
---
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 17 2011 02:33 GMT
#3444
On April 17 2011 05:56 Drowsy wrote:
Dimsum and Decaf:

What kind of straps do you guys use while snatching, if you use any at all? How do I know which ones are safe to fail snatches behind with? I was told never to use them on cleans because if you fall backwards and don't release in time, you may break your wrists like Zach Krych and lose 2 years of progress.

I use chalk and hook grip. Can't wait to get in the gym grrrr
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 17 2011 02:37 GMT
#3445
Are "good" numbers for lifts something like 1.5xBW for squat, 2xBW for DL, 1xBW for B.Press?
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 17 2011 02:48 GMT
#3446
Haji, check this guide

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-journal/WLSTANDARDS.pdf
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 17 2011 02:48 GMT
#3447
and you need to stop progressing with your beastly squats, wtf. I just reset mine because I took a week off and I was struggling with where I left off.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-17 03:11:39
April 17 2011 03:09 GMT
#3448
On April 17 2011 11:48 Cambium wrote:
Haji, check this guide

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-journal/WLSTANDARDS.pdf


<3 <3 thanks!!

Power Clean - between Untrained and Novice (LOL)
Press - Novice
Bench Press - between novice and intermediate
Deadlift - intermediate
Squat - between intermediate and advanced


LOL this is pretty hilarious how I'm ONLY good at squats!


On April 17 2011 11:48 Cambium wrote:
and you need to stop progressing with your beastly squats, wtf. I just reset mine because I took a week off and I was struggling with where I left off.


butbutbut!!! I only squat once a week!
AndyJay
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia833 Posts
April 17 2011 03:22 GMT
#3449
Here's the same numbers but in metric for those bad at maths like me. http://macgyver.daug.net/sports/strength_standards_metric/strength_standards_metric.pdf
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
April 17 2011 03:22 GMT
#3450
On April 17 2011 11:33 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2011 05:56 Drowsy wrote:
Dimsum and Decaf:

What kind of straps do you guys use while snatching, if you use any at all? How do I know which ones are safe to fail snatches behind with? I was told never to use them on cleans because if you fall backwards and don't release in time, you may break your wrists like Zach Krych and lose 2 years of progress.

I use chalk and hook grip. Can't wait to get in the gym grrrr


I use straps on snatches.
[image loading]
I fucked up my hand during the summer when I missed a clean while wearing straps. The pain from my hand is coming back when I hook grip so I just wear straps on snatch now. I need to get it checked out, I probably broke a bone and I trained on it.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 17 2011 03:40 GMT
#3451
oh wow lol, I looked up some power clean form videos on youtube and it turns out I'm doing it COMPLETELY wrong.

Might be able to make some progress now.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 17 2011 03:47 GMT
#3452
On April 17 2011 12:40 thedeadhaji wrote:
oh wow lol, I looked up some power clean form videos on youtube and it turns out I'm doing it COMPLETELY wrong.

Might be able to make some progress now.

post videos! I was doing power cleans wrong for like 6 years rofl.
I hope I can hit some of the "elite" levels in the next year or so. 500 pound squat sounds like fun
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 17 2011 04:06 GMT
#3453
I forgot my camera today!!

Too embarassed to show power clean form till I get it at least somewhat ok LOL
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
April 17 2011 04:55 GMT
#3454
After having my sorry ass handed to me earlier in this thread for not making enough progress, I decided to take it down with a big protein shake and restart my weightlifting program all over again.

I decided to go with PP. The gym that I work out at doesn't allow Power Cleans due to the owner having poor management and layout, putting the only power rack and free weights we have next to a glass window. :/

Reading that post about me failing in progress (either by eshlow or decafchicken, not sure), I was motivated to do something about it. Since restarting PP, all of my lifts have been improving for the one month that I've been on it. I'm starting to see some progress!

With the progress I found that I'm eating a lot more, now about 4-5 times a day not including shakes. I tried doing GOMAD for a few days, but my stomach couldn't handle it at all. Is there any techniques that'll help me out with that, or do I just have to suffer through it?

Lastly, just looking for some feedback as to whether or not I'm doing okay for my size and weight. These were my numbers from the past week following the PP program listed in the first post. Definitely much better showing than the first workout I posted a couple of months ago.

Thanks in advance!

Ht/Wt: 5'6"/128lbs
Squat: 3x5@185lbs
Bench: 3x5@140lbs
Deadlift: 1x5@185lbs
Press: 3x5@85lbs
Chinups: 3x15@BW
Pullups: 2x15@BW, 1x12@BW
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 17 2011 05:02 GMT
#3455
On April 17 2011 13:55 sawedust wrote:

With the progress I found that I'm eating a lot more, now about 4-5 times a day not including shakes. I tried doing GOMAD for a few days, but my stomach couldn't handle it at all. Is there any techniques that'll help me out with that, or do I just have to suffer through it?


Do you try to drink massive amounts all at once, or small amounts often?

I drink 1/2 a gallon a day @ the office, it's really easy for me when I just have the carton of milk by my side for 5 hours. Take a few mouthfuls from time to time and it's done by the time I leave the office.
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
April 17 2011 05:06 GMT
#3456
On April 17 2011 14:02 thedeadhaji wrote:
Do you try to drink massive amounts all at once, or small amounts often?

I drink 1/2 a gallon a day @ the office, it's really easy for me when I just have the carton of milk by my side for 5 hours. Take a few mouthfuls from time to time and it's done by the time I leave the office.


I did a quart when I woke up in the morning, another quart after lunch, another after dinner, and the last before bed. I could barely finish off the dinner one, and let alone the one before bed. Both of them had me going to the bathroom shortly thereafter. :/

I was thinking maybe I should try starting out with 1/2 gallon a day before going to a full gallon? I don't know. My body's never really been appreciative of milk, but ice cream, eggs, and yogurt are okay.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 17 2011 05:07 GMT
#3457
I personally think you should try 1/2 quart at 2x the frequency, or even 1/4 quart at 4x the frequency
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
April 17 2011 05:37 GMT
#3458
On April 17 2011 14:07 thedeadhaji wrote:
I personally think you should try 1/2 quart at 2x the frequency, or even 1/4 quart at 4x the frequency


It could be that he's lactose intolerant and needs lactaid pills... just take the seal recommended dose of those and say goodbye to stomach problems from milk.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-17 05:57:14
April 17 2011 05:52 GMT
#3459
On April 17 2011 14:37 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2011 14:07 thedeadhaji wrote:
I personally think you should try 1/2 quart at 2x the frequency, or even 1/4 quart at 4x the frequency


It could be that he's lactose intolerant and needs lactaid pills... just take the seal recommended dose of those and say goodbye to stomach problems from milk.


I'm lactose intolerant myself. So I buy Lactaid and/or the 100% lactose free milk available at most supermarkets. If you suspect you might be lactose intolerant (become gassy, have to frequent the bathroom allllllllllllll the time after downing a quart), then definitely try it out.

The other day, I downed a bottle of raw milk after lifting, and suffered 6 hours of gastrointestinal problems afterwards hahaha.

[image loading]

[image loading]


edit: actually, lactase pills are probably cheaper!
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-17 06:10:12
April 17 2011 06:03 GMT
#3460
Yep! Lactase pills are much cheaper than Lactaid milk and work just as well.

Also, I made some big steps at the gym today in my clean. As Dimsum and others told me, I wasn't extending my hip on the pull, which caused poor timing in my jump and overall crappy arm movement. Now I'm practicing dragging the bar up my thighs using my back and then jumping when the bar gets to the right position. It has seemingly improved my form in a lot of respects.

Luckily I have a guy at my gym who can coach me on Sundays, and he seems to be pretty damn good at what he does.
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 561
ProTech156
UpATreeSC 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16973
Calm 3387
Mini 429
Mind 82
910 62
soO 46
Dota 2
Gorgc5466
canceldota60
Counter-Strike
fl0m2874
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4236
Other Games
FrodaN990
Beastyqt522
Liquid`Hasu313
Khaldor249
olofmeister187
Livibee184
C9.Mang0170
IndyStarCraft 131
ZombieGrub57
QueenE50
BRAT_OK 31
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 24
• 80smullet 22
• FirePhoenix12
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2924
• WagamamaTV352
League of Legends
• Nemesis1648
Other Games
• imaqtpie922
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra480
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 19m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 19m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 19m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.