• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:46
CEST 13:46
KST 20:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10614 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 174

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 172 173 174 175 176 730 Next
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 17 2011 06:38 GMT
#3461
Nice! your gym wasn't completely worthless after all
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
April 17 2011 06:50 GMT
#3462
On April 17 2011 15:03 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Yep! Lactase pills are much cheaper than Lactaid milk and work just as well.

Apparently I remember someone on tl who tried the pills and still had problems. I tried lactaid milk and personally had no problems with it at all when before even 2 cups of whole milk would give me problems a few hours later. Just the problem that its so much more expensive. Like 3-4$ for half a gallon.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
April 17 2011 06:57 GMT
#3463
post more videos! we can help!

I had the weirdest feeling during training today. It was this calm feeling and I didn't lift with any intensity that I usually had. I think I adjusted to my heavy volume recently since my pull felt very good. My technique was off which caused me to miss 80 three times. I then went for 84 which I nailed and then hit 90 on my second try. Then proceeded to swing 92 over my head three times.
Clean and jerk was fucking terrible. I managed to miss 100 jerk twice so I dropped to 95 and hit it cleanly. Afterwards, I stopped jerks since I had a little pain in my elbow and just did cleans. YAY 90/95 split!! My cleans went 104 110miss 110 115miss. I will try to get video of my clean next time. Currently working on getting under the bar quicker after reading more about technique. Dont worry about shrug/triple extension and just drop.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
April 17 2011 07:12 GMT
#3464
on friday we had one of those "health clinic" type things visit our company to check the overall health of the employees. they had this software that measured a person's biological age. they had this thing that reads electric pulses (i'm assuming) attached to the index finger and had the person inhale and exhale for a certain period of time.

as it turns out, i had the highest deficit (biological age was lower by 9 yrs compared to calendar age) in the company. i was pretty shocked myself since i hadn't worked out in like almost a month and my diet had become pretty crappy since.

i'm sure the software/machine that came up with the figures have inaccuracies and what not, but either way i'm going to credit my uber young biological age to the fact that i had been lifting weights for over a year.

hell yeah lifting weights is the shit!
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
April 17 2011 08:17 GMT
#3465
I have a few questions, first about exercise then about diet.
I've made pretty good progress so far (about 210 lbs now, down from 240) and my goal is to still lose about another 30 lbs (I'm not dead set on achieving a certain weight but I think 180 is a healthy weight at 5'10???) and am not sure what exercises to do. At the moment I don't have a real strict routine, I work out every other day and just do whatever lifts I can manage to do at home (just have a real shitty bench press bench) and a low level of HIIT on the bike (30 seconds full, 90 rest, 6 times). Im halfway through reading starting strength and I guess I just want reassurance that doing the program is an efficient one for my goals. From what everyone has said before it sounds like it would but it doesnt seem intuitive to me (it seems like less barbell training with some cardio thrown in would be better, but I confess i dont know much at all about fitness and this is probably due to the fact that ive been around so many cardio bunnies). So if someone could maybe explain how strength training is good in losing weight but while still building muscle/ strength while dropping the fat I would appreciate it.

Well I was probably a bit wordy with that first question so I will try and keep this one short. I like to cook a lot but am trying to stay away from the use of flour (this is correct according to paleo yes?), but Im wanting to know what some of you guys who like to cook use as a thickener (you know, you mix equal parts of flour and butter together and you can make an y damn sort of sauce you want from that). Is cornstarch ok? how about some gums? Any ideas would be good.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
April 17 2011 09:02 GMT
#3466
Does anyone believe in the concept of a sleep debt?

For the last week and a half I have had very little sleep, it's not that I couldn't sleep I just didn't have the time this has been compounded by a ton of alcohol consumed.

The missus came over on Sunday and we spent like 7 hours laying on the couch just watching tv, I then went to sleep and slept for 16 hours!!I Woke up naturally and refreshed in a way I haven't felt in months, yet after an hour at the gym I was fatigued again.

I essentially had 23 hours of sedation and all I want to do right now is go to sleep.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Geisterkarle
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Germany3257 Posts
April 17 2011 09:38 GMT
#3467
Ok, after weeks of working in another country, I'm now a few days back home and try to go to the gym again!
So I did yesterday! I already thought "after that time, do a nice short workout" but you really see when you are not doing anything... have to step up a little bit!
Damn this good food in France
There can only be one Geisterkarle
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-17 10:41:35
April 17 2011 10:35 GMT
#3468
On April 17 2011 17:17 Kickstart wrote:
I have a few questions, first about exercise then about diet.
I've made pretty good progress so far (about 210 lbs now, down from 240) and my goal is to still lose about another 30 lbs (I'm not dead set on achieving a certain weight but I think 180 is a healthy weight at 5'10???) and am not sure what exercises to do. At the moment I don't have a real strict routine, I work out every other day and just do whatever lifts I can manage to do at home (just have a real shitty bench press bench) and a low level of HIIT on the bike (30 seconds full, 90 rest, 6 times). Im halfway through reading starting strength and I guess I just want reassurance that doing the program is an efficient one for my goals. From what everyone has said before it sounds like it would but it doesnt seem intuitive to me (it seems like less barbell training with some cardio thrown in would be better, but I confess i dont know much at all about fitness and this is probably due to the fact that ive been around so many cardio bunnies). So if someone could maybe explain how strength training is good in losing weight but while still building muscle/ strength while dropping the fat I would appreciate it.


cardio is very much overrated (and basically a waste of time if you are on a good lifting program like starting strength).

it should be obvious that strength training will help you build muscle and lose fat more so than any cardio program does, shouldnt it? I mean, if you do tons of cardio, you might lose the fat, but you will be a skinny kid with no strength whatsoever.

you can add some cardio (like 10-15 minutes at the end) to your lifting program, just be aware that you might not progress as fast because you are "taking away" strength from your lifts, if you know what I mean.

On April 17 2011 17:17 Kickstart wrote:
Well I was probably a bit wordy with that first question so I will try and keep this one short. I like to cook a lot but am trying to stay away from the use of flour (this is correct according to paleo yes?), but Im wanting to know what some of you guys who like to cook use as a thickener (you know, you mix equal parts of flour and butter together and you can make an y damn sort of sauce you want from that). Is cornstarch ok? how about some gums? Any ideas would be good.


yes, stay away from flour for super strict paleo. personally, I still use it on occasion to make sauces

On April 17 2011 18:38 Geisterkarle wrote:
Ok, after weeks of working in another country, I'm now a few days back home and try to go to the gym again!
So I did yesterday! I already thought "after that time, do a nice short workout" but you really see when you are not doing anything... have to step up a little bit!
Damn this good food in France


are you working for blizzard by any chance? or why are you in france ^^
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Levistus
Profile Joined December 2009
1134 Posts
April 17 2011 10:57 GMT
#3469
On April 17 2011 11:48 Cambium wrote:
Haji, check this guide

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-journal/WLSTANDARDS.pdf


wow are those in lbs? what's weaker than untrained lol?
hey man just curious
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 17 2011 11:12 GMT
#3470
weaker than untrained means you will be able to make INSANE gains over the next weeks/months! be glad and eat your milk
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Levistus
Profile Joined December 2009
1134 Posts
April 17 2011 11:22 GMT
#3471
On April 17 2011 20:12 Zafrumi wrote:
weaker than untrained means you will be able to make INSANE gains over the next weeks/months! be glad and eat your milk


omg seriously?! will i look muscular? lol
hey man just curious
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 17 2011 11:27 GMT
#3472
cant tell if you are serious lol
if you are, then yes, you will look sexeh assuming you eat right and stick with the program
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Geisterkarle
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Germany3257 Posts
April 17 2011 12:05 GMT
#3473
On April 17 2011 19:35 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2011 18:38 Geisterkarle wrote:
Ok, after weeks of working in another country, I'm now a few days back home and try to go to the gym again!
So I did yesterday! I already thought "after that time, do a nice short workout" but you really see when you are not doing anything... have to step up a little bit!
Damn this good food in France


are you working for blizzard by any chance? or why are you in france ^^

Sorry, no, I'm programming an automation line, that produces solar modules! (maybe I should carry more of those glasses, so I have a little workout *backtotopic*)
Not even Blizzard is caught dead in this little town at the Atlantic coast
There can only be one Geisterkarle
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
April 17 2011 12:13 GMT
#3474
On April 17 2011 19:57 Levistus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2011 11:48 Cambium wrote:
Haji, check this guide

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-journal/WLSTANDARDS.pdf


wow are those in lbs? what's weaker than untrained lol?


I would guess "under average."

Of course, by following SS, you can put 50-60 pounds on your squat in two weeks ... it's really not that hard to do. Intermediate levels of strength can be attained in something like 3-6 months by following the program to the letter.
pinkranger15
Profile Joined June 2010
Philippines1597 Posts
April 17 2011 14:31 GMT
#3475
hey guys. so i just recently enrolled in a gym and my instructor gave me this routine and i want to know what your opinion of this. is this routine as good as starting strength or anywhere near as good?

+ Show Spoiler +
Day 1: LEGS AND CALVES
Back Squat 3x15
Lunges 3x15
Leg Press 3x15
Leg Extension 3x15
Leg Curl 3x15
Standing Calf Raise 3x15

Day 2: CHEST AND TRICEPS
Bench Press 3x15
Incline Press 3x15
Decline Press 3x15
Pec-Dec Flyers 3x15
Pullover 3x15
Tricep Extension 3x15
Tricep Kickback 3x15

Day 3: LATS- BACK AND BICEPS
Lat-Pull Down 3x15
Lat-Pull Down Behind the Neck 3x15
T-Bar Rowing 3x15
Barbell Rowing 3x15
One-Arm Dumbbell Row 3x15
Deadlift 3x15
Barbell Curl 3x15

Day 4: SHOULDER
Military Press 3x15
Behind the Neck Press 3x15
Side Lateral Raise 3x15
Dumbell Front Raise 3x15
Upright Row 3x15
Shurgs


yoyo!
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 17 2011 14:35 GMT
#3476
starting strength is better for beginners than pretty much any split routine like this :p
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 17 2011 14:38 GMT
#3477
Way to much volume. This looks like utter crap. Good enough way to spilt if you are going to go on a split but still, utter rubbish.

Just to SS.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
pinkranger15
Profile Joined June 2010
Philippines1597 Posts
April 17 2011 14:42 GMT
#3478
ROFL. ok, will do SS. but first things first, i still have to read the book.
yoyo!
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 17 2011 14:54 GMT
#3479
Read the book and start training by the program today You can find the workout plan somewhere in this thread.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
pinkranger15
Profile Joined June 2010
Philippines1597 Posts
April 17 2011 15:09 GMT
#3480
maybe tomorrow, its already 11pm here and im quite sleepy. do you know any height exercise i can use? im really contented with my height
yoyo!
Prev 1 172 173 174 175 176 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko262
LamboSC2 138
Codebar 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23405
Calm 6035
Rain 2118
Bisu 1282
FanTaSy 924
Jaedong 472
Horang2 458
Rush 397
Soma 358
BeSt 254
[ Show more ]
Stork 233
Zeus 220
Mini 168
Light 115
Larva 100
Mong 90
Barracks 83
Hyun 79
Pusan 77
Mind 76
Snow 74
910 69
ZerO 68
Free 56
ToSsGirL 39
Sea.KH 37
Killer 35
Yoon 32
NaDa 28
Sexy 27
Shinee 26
Noble 17
Terrorterran 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Bale 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6462
Counter-Strike
fl0m1693
olofmeister1049
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Other Games
gofns60279
singsing1824
B2W.Neo586
dupreeh393
crisheroes291
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2266
• Nemesis897
Other Games
• WagamamaTV146
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 14m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 14m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.