• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:41
CEST 21:41
KST 04:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8503 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 172

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 170 171 172 173 174 730 Next
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 13:50:43
April 16 2011 13:50 GMT
#3421
On April 16 2011 18:20 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2011 15:26 Cambium wrote:
On April 16 2011 13:32 AoN.DimSum wrote:
its funny how they never back their arguments with articles. Then blame the lack of evidence on the meat industry for making up data.


they kept on insisting that video was their "source"; given by some dude who started some vegan organization


I went in and looked at the sources some guy provided, concluding that every source was trash.

The bad thing is I did a cross examination of the sources within his sources, and found out that every single one fell under one of the following:

1.) Articles with inaccurate information about the roles of carbohydrates and/or saturated fats in our diets.
2.) "Studies" without actual scientific inquiry but pure correlation = causation reasoning.
3.) Dead links.
4.) Biased sources (eg. vegetariansarehealthy.com/meatismurder.com/PETA.com)
5.) Misunderstandings of the author's point and irrationally interpretations.

Our discussion can be seen here:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211472&currentpage=19

I don't dislike vegans particularly, but I just can't respect them on an intellectual or academic level. They're about as bad at debate as I am at power cleaning.


I doubt they are going to improve as quickly
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 13:53:21
April 16 2011 13:52 GMT
#3422
On April 16 2011 22:20 Levistus wrote:
Hey guys I bought this. Can you suggest me exercises to add to starting strength so I can utilize my homegym fully. Also please put when should i do such exercise if it's together with my bench day or the other day. thanks.
[image loading]

Edit:

ok here is what will my routine be:

Monday
Squat
Bench
Deadlift/Cleans

Wednesday
Squat
Press(not sure what kind?)
Back Extension(need replacement i dont have back ext machine)
can't do chinups cause no bar.

just these repeating every other day. pls add some exercises i can do with my equipment and suggest some good ones.

also some questions
1)which exercise group(mon or wed) should i add planks to? should i do them every workout?
2)can i do pushups with these workout?> if so, when?
3)i can incline my bench so should i do both incline and flat bench presses? if so, same day? or just one or the other?

thanks!!!


Just choose a program and stick with it, don't worry about making modifications. The programs can be found in the first post.

Welcome!
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 14:30:57
April 16 2011 14:28 GMT
#3423
On April 16 2011 17:55 Zafrumi wrote:
lol guys i'd steer clear of that thread if you dont want to get banned/warned just leave them be, you obviously are not going to change anyone's mind in there

and its probably gonna get closed soon anyway if this discussion continues (read the statement at the top of the thread ^^)

edit: haha check this out:

Show nested quote +
The funny thing is the meat and dairy industries have something to gain. MONEY. Vegans are not trying to gain anything for themselves per se. We are trying to save lifes and the earth.


vegans to the rescue!


and I'm sure the farming (crop) industry is all about holding hands and planting trees. No, they're a business too, rofl. decreased meat consumption = increased grain / vegetable consumption, forests and other things are cleared away to make space for fields or livestock, it makes no difference which imo.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 14:30:38
April 16 2011 14:30 GMT
#3424
i swear veganism is a cult; i'm all for vegetarianism, but veganism is just odd, inconvenient and unhealthy -__-
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 16 2011 14:37 GMT
#3425
yeah I definitely wouldnt add too many additional exercises to the program. trust me, when you are reaching your limit, you will be thankful for every rest day you get.

"you don't get big and strong from lifting weights – you get big and strong by recovering from lifting weights."
-Mark Rippetoe
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
April 16 2011 15:05 GMT
#3426
On April 16 2011 23:28 Sinep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2011 17:55 Zafrumi wrote:
lol guys i'd steer clear of that thread if you dont want to get banned/warned just leave them be, you obviously are not going to change anyone's mind in there

and its probably gonna get closed soon anyway if this discussion continues (read the statement at the top of the thread ^^)

edit: haha check this out:

The funny thing is the meat and dairy industries have something to gain. MONEY. Vegans are not trying to gain anything for themselves per se. We are trying to save lifes and the earth.


vegans to the rescue!


and I'm sure the farming (crop) industry is all about holding hands and planting trees. No, they're a business too, rofl. decreased meat consumption = increased grain / vegetable consumption, forests and other things are cleared away to make space for fields or livestock, it makes no difference which imo.

Actually since the meat is predominantly grain-fed these days, the livestock and big agra businesses are very closely linked.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 15:18:27
April 16 2011 15:07 GMT
#3427
first time I did front squats today. I quite like them. might do them on wednesdays instead of back squats. or should I just replace power cleans with full cleans? what do you guys think?

also, yay I can power clean again!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Istvan
Profile Joined March 2011
22 Posts
April 16 2011 15:38 GMT
#3428
50 Pull-ups Challenge (inspired by http://www.50pullups.com/http://www.50pullups.com/ ), because I need a fitness goal to work towards. Realistically I'm looking at a target of 30 though

Currently I'm at 16-18 or so ^^
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 16:17:55
April 16 2011 16:13 GMT
#3429
On April 16 2011 22:20 Levistus wrote:
Hey guys I bought this. Can you suggest me exercises to add to starting strength so I can utilize my homegym fully. Also please put when should i do such exercise if it's together with my bench day or the other day. thanks.
[image loading]

Edit:

ok here is what will my routine be:

Monday
Squat
Bench
Deadlift/Cleans

Wednesday
Squat
Press(not sure what kind?)
Back Extension(need replacement i dont have back ext machine)
can't do chinups cause no bar.

just these repeating every other day. pls add some exercises i can do with my equipment and suggest some good ones.

also some questions
1)which exercise group(mon or wed) should i add planks to? should i do them every workout?
2)can i do pushups with these workout?> if so, when?
3)i can incline my bench so should i do both incline and flat bench presses? if so, same day? or just one or the other?

thanks!!!


Don't add any additional exercises, not even ab exercises or stretches (unless you absolutely have to) to starting strength until you're three to four months into the program. Trust Ripptoe on this.

I don't know exactly what your goals are but if you want to add muscle (on your traps, lats, abs, chest) then stick to the original program. If you overextend yourself you will not make gains, it will be counter productive. For me I even stopped a lot of the other sports I did when I first started out. This is my second time around after recovering from a car injury, and in the first month since I've started I've dropped 1% bodyfat and I've gained 7 pounds of lean muscle doing the original program and sticking to a semi-paleo diet (Without ANY cardio cept for my 10 minute light jog warm ups)--3000 calories a day, 200-250grams of protein, 50% or more of my total intake is from fat; fat from meats, whipping cream, butter. But lots of cheating with Mcdonalds and chocolate lol.

I'd say the most important thing is your diet. If you don't get sufficient protein (200-250g) per day you won't recover as quickly as you can and you won't make gains on your lift aka add muscle.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Serendipicus
Profile Joined August 2010
United States90 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-17 23:07:26
April 16 2011 16:21 GMT
#3430
deleted, not directly related to thread topic.
Can I ask you a question?
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 16:53:18
April 16 2011 16:51 GMT
#3431
GUYS!

I gave a speech on friday and my legs were shaking uncontrollably. I wasn't really nervous, but they still did it. Any clue how to stop this?

I'm doing leangains, so I didn't eat that morning. Could that have had something to do with it?

Ontopic: I deadlifted 220 x 5 friday. Yay. two plates on wednesday
Victory Loves Preparation
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 16:55:38
April 16 2011 16:54 GMT
#3432
On April 17 2011 01:21 Serendipicus wrote:
Hi, Want to mention something that may be of interest.

Understanding the competitive nature of esports people should be aware of this disorder.

Kathrine Zeta Jones recently found to of suffered from Bipolar II for years until she sought help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder

Some quotes:
"Some studies have found a significant association between bipolar disorder and creativity."
"Mis-diagnoses stems from an ignorance among professionals about the social and emotional characteristics of gifted children which are then mistakenly assumed by these professionals to be signs of pathology."
"Their behavior may become aggressive, intolerant, or intrusive. People may feel out of control or unstoppable, or as if they have been "chosen" and are "on a special mission"
"In others, it has also been associated with creativity, goal striving, and positive achievements. There is significant evidence to suggest that many people with creative talents have also suffered from some form of bipolar disorder."



erm.. interesting, but I dont really see how that affects strength training
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
April 16 2011 17:21 GMT
#3433
On April 17 2011 01:51 Catch wrote:
GUYS!

I gave a speech on friday and my legs were shaking uncontrollably. I wasn't really nervous, but they still did it. Any clue how to stop this?

I'm doing leangains, so I didn't eat that morning. Could that have had something to do with it?

Ontopic: I deadlifted 220 x 5 friday. Yay. two plates on wednesday


If you're stressed then you get low blood sugar from not eating then yes this can happen....

Generally, you want to eat something in the morning if you know you're going to be stressed with like an exam or speech or whatnot
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
KizZBG
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
u gotta skate8152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 17:33:41
April 16 2011 17:33 GMT
#3434
argh, so pissed I can't watch the european weightlifting championships. At work all day and don't have Eurosport. Are there any VODs of this? Dimsum?
eSTRO for life | #2 Sea.Really fan! | #1 GosI[Flying] fan! | Clide - best SC2 terran!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 16 2011 18:20 GMT
#3435
Sad face. Lost to the top ranked team in a close game by 8. We were winning for a good 65 minutes. Sucks causetge other 6 teams were a bitch of scrubs. time to drink away the sorrow in the Florida sun. Haven't been this sad since I list in my high school championship
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 20:45:43
April 16 2011 18:47 GMT
#3436


I just got to see someone squat 400kg raw. Made my day.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=148864971846705

Hope you guys can see it.

also: my life is complete. I now own a foam roller.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 20:59:26
April 16 2011 20:49 GMT
#3437
awesome vid, shared it on my humble fb wall!

here is another crazy squatting video:


insaaaane
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
April 16 2011 20:56 GMT
#3438
Dimsum and Decaf:

What kind of straps do you guys use while snatching, if you use any at all? How do I know which ones are safe to fail snatches behind with? I was told never to use them on cleans because if you fall backwards and don't release in time, you may break your wrists like Zach Krych and lose 2 years of progress.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 22:33:29
April 16 2011 22:10 GMT
#3439
On April 17 2011 05:56 Drowsy wrote:
Dimsum and Decaf:

What kind of straps do you guys use while snatching, if you use any at all? How do I know which ones are safe to fail snatches behind with? I was told never to use them on cleans because if you fall backwards and don't release in time, you may break your wrists like Zach Krych and lose 2 years of progress.


Don't use straps with any Oly,.... too dangerous and you need to build your grip strength anyway

The only time you would use them would be with something like high pulls but even still
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
April 16 2011 23:35 GMT
#3440
On April 17 2011 02:21 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2011 01:51 Catch wrote:
GUYS!

I gave a speech on friday and my legs were shaking uncontrollably. I wasn't really nervous, but they still did it. Any clue how to stop this?

I'm doing leangains, so I didn't eat that morning. Could that have had something to do with it?

Ontopic: I deadlifted 220 x 5 friday. Yay. two plates on wednesday


If you're stressed then you get low blood sugar from not eating then yes this can happen....

Generally, you want to eat something in the morning if you know you're going to be stressed with like an exam or speech or whatnot


Hm. I wasn't too stressed. I guess I was worried yeah but... Alright sounds good.

What would be best to eat? I was thinking a banana for say the potassium, but I dunno.
Victory Loves Preparation
Prev 1 170 171 172 173 174 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 561
ProTech156
UpATreeSC 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16973
Calm 3387
Mini 429
Mind 82
910 62
soO 46
Dota 2
Gorgc5466
canceldota60
Counter-Strike
fl0m2874
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4236
Other Games
FrodaN990
Beastyqt522
Liquid`Hasu313
Khaldor249
olofmeister187
Livibee184
C9.Mang0170
IndyStarCraft 131
ZombieGrub57
QueenE50
BRAT_OK 31
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 24
• 80smullet 22
• FirePhoenix12
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2924
• WagamamaTV352
League of Legends
• Nemesis1648
Other Games
• imaqtpie922
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra480
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 19m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 19m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 19m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.