• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:44
CEST 04:44
KST 11:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8064 users

Help Grow Esports - Master Thesis Survey

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
IRONicMAN
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany24 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 01:29:17
September 21 2012 23:50 GMT
#1
Dear e-sport friends,

I know I am not the most active user, but I am a big fan of Starcraft and e-sports in general.

I am finishing my M.A. in International Business and for my thesis topic I thought… If I have to write about something for 4 months… why not choose something awesome that will/might help an entire community: electronic-sports.

It took some convincing, but my professor agreed that this topic is worth exploring. This is where I need your help. I am doing a general market analysis, in order to collect enough significant data that will attract new and large sponsors and help grow e-sports.

http://goo.gl/KzqLH

All the data collected will be 100% anonymous, and I will share my results with anyone who asks
Furthermore, I will publish the results after I handed in my thesis at the end of October.

Please share this with as many friends as possible, even if they don’t watch e-sports.

Thanks so much!

Rob

***UPDATE***

Thanks to everyone that has filled out the survey so far!
We have reached almost 1500 responses. A goal I never dared to imagine.

Next Friday I will publish some final numbers, but complete results will be available once I handed in my thesis

***UPDATE***

WOOOW!
Liquid'Taeja wins Dreamhack! And we just reach 2000 responses!!!!
Thanks everyone!

***UPDATE***

Alright, *drumroll* we have reached way over 2500 results... amazing!
Please don't tell me about bias, xD this is an esports analysis. I think TL is pretty much the best (and most representative) community when it comes down to e-sports, despite the obvious bias towards scII.

Sorry for not posting the results immediately, I will first have to hand in my thesis (25th October). Afterwards I will even make my entire thesis available for anyone that is actually interested in the theoretical background.
A lot of you have sent me an email, and I will definitely keep my promise to send out the results as soon as possible.

But what I can say is that I strongly believe some of the results will open the eyes of future sponsors!
And seeing this kind of energy within the community is fueling my drive to further help and build the community
Now there is only one thing left to say:

THANK YOU!
Your Mama is so fat, she can step on forcefields!
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
September 21 2012 23:54 GMT
#2
As a MA student myself, I'll help you out. Off to survey now ")
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
ELA
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark4608 Posts
September 22 2012 00:05 GMT
#3
Hey Rob

Finished your survey, good luck with degree!
The first link of chain forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 22 2012 00:05 GMT
#4
While I don't see myself as a typical "gamer" (I don't play any videogames at all, and haven't in the last six months; haven't played seriously in over a year) I still watch some sc2, and I still filled out the survey. Good luck with the Thesis!
IRONicMAN
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany24 Posts
September 22 2012 00:11 GMT
#5
Thanks, this is AMAZING! already 30 responses in the first 15min!
Your Mama is so fat, she can step on forcefields!
nyaru267
Profile Joined January 2012
United States117 Posts
September 22 2012 00:17 GMT
#6
All done would love if you got back to us
Yugioh|Grubby|Huk|White Ra|Boxer|Bomber|Vines|DongRaeGu Fighting!
aike
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1629 Posts
September 22 2012 00:24 GMT
#7
Finished it. Definitely some good questions. Interested to see what you do with the data for your thesis.
Wahaha
Zealliot
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3 Posts
September 22 2012 00:24 GMT
#8
Just finished the survey. Hope the project goes well!
IRONicMAN
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany24 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 00:36:37
September 22 2012 00:35 GMT
#9
Thanks everyone! The amazing response rate alone would be worth writing a thesis about

The results will be published in this thread, and I plan to create a website with access to the detail analysis once I hand in my thesis next month.
Your Mama is so fat, she can step on forcefields!
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
September 22 2012 00:36 GMT
#10
finished, good luck!
133 221 333 123 111
yansalles
Profile Joined April 2010
Brazil15 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 00:47:45
September 22 2012 00:45 GMT
#11
i study physics, should i select engineering at 6? plus the income is my parents income?(since i dont work) or just the money i spend over a year or anything else? thx
Roonweld
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States144 Posts
September 22 2012 00:46 GMT
#12
I did the survey thanks and congrats!
Twitter @RoonSC
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
September 22 2012 00:48 GMT
#13
Done, good luck with the thesis!
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
Engdrew
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States890 Posts
September 22 2012 00:52 GMT
#14
Done! Yay for skewed TL.net results
.
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 01:26:20
September 22 2012 01:10 GMT
#15
Is Question 7 the household or the responder?

EDIT: Also why is the fighting game scene completely uh... absent from the survey? There are more competitive fighting game fans than competitive FIFA game fans I'm pretty sure.

EDIT2: Finished it though. Hope it goes well :3
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
September 22 2012 01:22 GMT
#16
finished mine. Good luck.
#TheOneTrueDong
Olex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States135 Posts
September 22 2012 01:25 GMT
#17
Done! Good luck!
Bugs in amber
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 01:27:20
September 22 2012 01:26 GMT
#18
Done. I know the answers won't make sense (make less than 20K a year, buys a ton of Esports stuff in excess of 501$ a year) but it's true.

Edit: 222
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
jaxjaguars
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States113 Posts
September 22 2012 01:28 GMT
#19
took the survey, good luck with the results!
GoOdy | Life | EG | Team 8 | ESC
YouthSC
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom355 Posts
September 22 2012 01:34 GMT
#20
Cheers, took the survey. Good luck!
The more I practice, the luckier I get!
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft423
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft423
RuFF_SC2 133
Nina 84
-ZergGirl 70
CosmosSc2 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2346
Bale 12
yabsab 9
Terrorterran 4
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto12
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1175
taco 366
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox630
Other Games
summit1g8258
JimRising 732
Day[9].tv494
C9.Mang0411
WinterStarcraft197
ViBE169
Maynarde138
Sick136
Livibee134
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1052
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 16
• OhrlRock 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv494
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 16m
Stellar Fest
10h 16m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.