• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:54
CEST 01:54
KST 08:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7276 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1755

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1885 Next
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
September 27 2017 11:13 GMT
#35081
On September 27 2017 19:03 Holyflare wrote:
Cinema tickets in london are like $20 D: D:

Stop going to curzon or leicester square :p

Most odeons are £7-8 a ticket aren't they?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 27 2017 12:22 GMT
#35082
Baked bread for the first time in a long time, notice me senpai!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
My wife made a sourdough starter after reading the book Sourdough. Gave it a whirl and it turned out all right. Crust was good but the crumb was dense and underdone, still yummy though and had a sourdough flavor so that was cool. Got another batch of dough going for later.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
September 27 2017 12:40 GMT
#35083
Part of the reason I let myself get away with drafting so much is that I figure it's barely over the price of a cinema ticket for twice the duration, and I see other people and am allowed to talk.

Is that crust on the surface or is the interior a bit hard, mordek?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-27 12:49:42
September 27 2017 12:48 GMT
#35084
Not at all, it was actually a little less crisp than I would aim for but that was probably because I didn't let it finish cooling before trying it I may have been a little too liberal with the flour on top, don't care for the powdered look lol
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 27 2017 13:30 GMT
#35085
On September 27 2017 20:13 killerdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2017 19:03 Holyflare wrote:
Cinema tickets in london are like $20 D: D:

Stop going to curzon or leicester square :p

Most odeons are £7-8 a ticket aren't they?


No?? Vue shepherd's bush is 13 for an adult minimum and odeon uxbridge which is donkey's years away from actual London is the same.

Tickets aren't even where they make their money

If there was actually an odeon really near I would definitely by the unlimited card. Or a cineworld for that matter.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 27 2017 13:30 GMT
#35086
On September 27 2017 21:22 mordek wrote:
Baked bread for the first time in a long time, notice me senpai!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
My wife made a sourdough starter after reading the book Sourdough. Gave it a whirl and it turned out all right. Crust was good but the crumb was dense and underdone, still yummy though and had a sourdough flavor so that was cool. Got another batch of dough going for later.


Leave it to rise longer and bake it longer.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
September 27 2017 13:55 GMT
#35087
I was thinking I could start streaming a little bit, in sort of a "Scip is God at videogames" way where I would play various videogames, brag about how good I am, and if I win I get to validate my self image and if I lose I get to make excuses and everyone else gets to laugh at me. Recently bought Endless Dungeon and I think various roguelike games could be perfect for this. Does this sound at all interesting?
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-27 14:14:17
September 27 2017 14:13 GMT
#35088
On September 27 2017 21:22 mordek wrote:
Baked bread for the first time in a long time, notice me senpai!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
My wife made a sourdough starter after reading the book Sourdough. Gave it a whirl and it turned out all right. Crust was good but the crumb was dense and underdone, still yummy though and had a sourdough flavor so that was cool. Got another batch of dough going for later.

Nice! Sourdough can be a little tricky to bake because of the moisture, and it looks like it needed bit more time.

Also important to know is that sourdough along with heavy grain doughs (100% whole wheat, Rye, barley) need to sit for at least an hour (30-45 for Sourdough) before cutting them open.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
September 27 2017 14:29 GMT
#35089
On September 27 2017 22:55 Scip wrote:
I was thinking I could start streaming a little bit, in sort of a "Scip is God at videogames" way where I would play various videogames, brag about how good I am, and if I win I get to validate my self image and if I lose I get to make excuses and everyone else gets to laugh at me. Recently bought Endless Dungeon and I think various roguelike games could be perfect for this. Does this sound at all interesting?


I want a stream of scips first date. That sounds like quality entertainment.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 27 2017 14:31 GMT
#35090
On September 27 2017 22:55 Scip wrote:
I was thinking I could start streaming a little bit, in sort of a "Scip is God at videogames" way where I would play various videogames, brag about how good I am, and if I win I get to validate my self image and if I lose I get to make excuses and everyone else gets to laugh at me. Recently bought Endless Dungeon and I think various roguelike games could be perfect for this. Does this sound at all interesting?

I mean, it's basically half the reason I watch The Killian Experience.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 27 2017 14:43 GMT
#35091
I would love to start streaming again honestly now that my son sleeps a whole lot better, but I have no motivation to game lately.

I still have darkest dungeon to finish as well as DS2 (and hopefully at some point DS3), a couple megaman fan games, probably a whole bunch of other stuff I could mooch off of my brother thanks to family sharing,card games (mtg, eternal), Overwatch, Path of Exile, etc

Anyone have any particular suggestions for me?
+ Show Spoiler +
And maybe somewhat importantly, would anyone watch? This isn't a few years ago when the forums actually had people on it

Maybe if it was something I could be truly hyped about playing I'd be really into it? I heard hollow knight was good but mehhhhhh
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 27 2017 15:01 GMT
#35092
On September 27 2017 23:13 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2017 21:22 mordek wrote:
Baked bread for the first time in a long time, notice me senpai!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
My wife made a sourdough starter after reading the book Sourdough. Gave it a whirl and it turned out all right. Crust was good but the crumb was dense and underdone, still yummy though and had a sourdough flavor so that was cool. Got another batch of dough going for later.

Nice! Sourdough can be a little tricky to bake because of the moisture, and it looks like it needed bit more time.

Also important to know is that sourdough along with heavy grain doughs (100% whole wheat, Rye, barley) need to sit for at least an hour (30-45 for Sourdough) before cutting them open.

Senpai!
Thank you both for feedback. I was going off the standard times I'd used before (40 minute rising period after shaping, 30 in the oven) and it looks like I should have increased those times.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-27 15:11:02
September 27 2017 15:06 GMT
#35093
On September 28 2017 00:01 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2017 23:13 PrinceXizor wrote:
On September 27 2017 21:22 mordek wrote:
Baked bread for the first time in a long time, notice me senpai!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
My wife made a sourdough starter after reading the book Sourdough. Gave it a whirl and it turned out all right. Crust was good but the crumb was dense and underdone, still yummy though and had a sourdough flavor so that was cool. Got another batch of dough going for later.

Nice! Sourdough can be a little tricky to bake because of the moisture, and it looks like it needed bit more time.

Also important to know is that sourdough along with heavy grain doughs (100% whole wheat, Rye, barley) need to sit for at least an hour (30-45 for Sourdough) before cutting them open.

Senpai!
Thank you both for feedback. I was going off the standard times I'd used before (40 minute rising period after shaping, 30 in the oven) and it looks like I should have increased those times.

This picture is off the internet and not my own bread, but sour dough should be darker than yours. somewhere just lighter than this

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The best thing to keep in mind is if you arent baking in a wood fire, or at temperatures north of 400 its very hard to burn bread by leaving it in another 5 minutes. if you arent sure, a few minutes shouldnt ruin the bread.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
September 27 2017 15:17 GMT
#35094
Did you just use a normal oven? I've always wanted to try making bread but don't have any fancy equipment.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
September 27 2017 16:01 GMT
#35095
I'm not playing any games right now that are particularly streamable (WoW, Stellaris). I mean, I know people stream those games but too much of what's happening is opaque to the viewers for either of them to be compelling. Pretty sure if I tried you'd all be more interested in trying to see what was going on in Phyvo's Divinity 2 game behind me.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
September 27 2017 16:07 GMT
#35096
On September 28 2017 00:17 Numy wrote:
Did you just use a normal oven? I've always wanted to try making bread but don't have any fancy equipment.

I use a normal oven, or very rarely a campfire with a flat iron. Bread is very easy to make if all you have is a counter top, ingredients and an oven. a Bowl and wooden spoon help, but arent necessary if you dont mind clean up.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 27 2017 16:09 GMT
#35097
Normal oven at 450 for me. It was very good with my pot roast for lunch. I think 5-10 more minutes would have done it, the crumb seemed less dense than this morning. It is interesting to have not store-bought sourdough. I may do another tomorrow :D
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
September 27 2017 16:57 GMT
#35098
PX and I have very different definitions of very easy, apparently.

Putting water in Ramen noodles is very easy. Cooking fancy bread with pedestrian equipment lies somewhere much more difficult than very easy.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-27 17:12:46
September 27 2017 17:04 GMT
#35099
On September 28 2017 01:57 iCanada wrote:
PX and I have very different definitions of very easy, apparently.

Putting water in Ramen noodles is very easy. Cooking fancy bread with pedestrian equipment lies somewhere much more difficult than very easy.


making bread is akin to ordering a pizza. you do a little bit of work up front and then wait and then you have food.

Mix ingredients. oil a pan or put cornmeal down on a baking sheet, either knead or do foldovers on the loaf. plop it on the sheet.or pan, wait an hour an a half and throw it in the oven at 375-450 for 25-35 minutes and then take it out, wait 15-60 minutes and you have bread.

if you have to perfect the bread, it takes more time and effort.

but to go from ingredients to fresh bread is maaaybe 10 minutes of work if you arent being lazy and doing foldovers, probably longer the first times. due to inexperience, but once everything is memorized its actually no time at all.

All the extras, like steaming, braiding, shaping, add ins, non wheat flours, extra proofing, etc. arent necessary for "Bread" they are extra details to fine tune how the bread ends up. but it's all bread.

IF you have a bread machine it's easier than ordering a pizza, because you just dump stuff in a machine, press a button, and then transfer when it beeps to the oven. But by hand its not too much harder.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 27 2017 17:05 GMT
#35100
It's much easier than you'd expect! The fanciest I get in the method I follow is the steam from a broiler pan when I put the loaf in the oven. It really is quite simple.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 210
SpeCial 124
ViBE88
Nathanias 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11809
Rain 873
Artosis 644
GuemChi 561
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever363
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox767
Mew2King115
Other Games
summit1g6352
Liquid`RaSZi2393
shahzam650
WinterStarcraft471
JimRising 359
C9.Mang0320
Trikslyr58
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick464
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 96
• musti20045 22
• davetesta7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur30
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 7m
INu's Battles
11h 7m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
13h 7m
OSC
22h 22m
Replay Cast
23h 7m
OSC
1d 23h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.