• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:17
CEST 04:17
KST 11:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7771 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1754

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1885 Next
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 25 2017 15:12 GMT
#35061
Music Monday:





All these Hearthstone people being sponsored to play Hand of the Gods, it actually looks pretty fun. And the Smite assets are cool, sorta miss that game.
It's your boy Guzma!
Ansibled
Profile Joined November 2014
United Kingdom9872 Posts
September 25 2017 15:30 GMT
#35062
I'm enjoying reading people getting mad that a new Star Trek tv show has special effects that don't look 50 years old.
'StarCraft is just a fairy tale told to scare children actually.'
TL+ Member
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 25 2017 15:38 GMT
#35063
On September 26 2017 00:30 Ansibled wrote:
I'm enjoying reading people getting mad that a new Star Trek tv show has special effects that don't look 50 years old.

The whinging about the streaming service is getting annoying.

Would I rather it be free, or put on a service I already pay for? Yes. But people have been begging for years to have the option to pick and choose what channels they pay for instead of having to buy Cable bundles, and now that they have it suddenly it's the worst thing that could happen. I grant that it's not ideal and that most of the services should be lower cost, but the entitlement of people who just want all their entertainment to be completely free is freaking staggering to me.
It's your boy Guzma!
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
September 25 2017 15:42 GMT
#35064
On September 25 2017 23:48 Eppa! wrote:
Made a wild warrior deck which has show pretty good success


Seems almost identical to a Standard list that's been in tournaments. http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/terrencems-nzoth-control-warrior-dreamhack-montreal-2017/
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 25 2017 17:05 GMT
#35065
I'm trying out Naga Priest, which is nothing new but I find it novel. Will report back.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
September 25 2017 18:16 GMT
#35066
For music monday I've been enjoying this electro swing mix, have some new artists I never listened to before.

"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-25 20:09:44
September 25 2017 20:00 GMT
#35067
Watched the first two eps of that new Star Trek. Did not feel like the federation I knew at all.
+ Show Spoiler +
Shadowy councils giving life sentences? What the fuck was that. Then why the fuck was the captain and first officer of a vessal the ones doing a boarding mission? Why did the Vulcan wannabe change phaser to kill after explicitly telling the captain they can't kill the guy in order to prevent a war. Idk man the federation crew was pretty freaking shit


Overall it was interesting but not quite up to par after watching the Expanse. Then again the expanse did take some time to get into its groove. It was also trying a little too hard with the lens flares stuff. Tension doesn't need the camera going wildly 24/7.

If it gets more into the exploration side of Star Trek then it may be decent but if it keeps this same pace don't see it being worth the watch. Pilots are normally quite different though.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 25 2017 20:12 GMT
#35068
Honestly I've found The Orville to be a pretty good way to scratch the Star Trek itch. I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but it plays more like a comedic love letter to Star Trek than anything else. The last episode in particular was really good.
It's your boy Guzma!
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
September 25 2017 21:28 GMT
#35069
hrrrm maybe I should try watching the Star Trek
although I don't really like star trek
really the ones I liked the most were the JJ Abrams movies ones xD
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
September 25 2017 21:57 GMT
#35070
You may enjoy this one since it was filmed in the same style and felt inspired by the movies. Again may just be the pilot though
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
September 25 2017 22:30 GMT
#35071
On September 26 2017 00:38 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2017 00:30 Ansibled wrote:
I'm enjoying reading people getting mad that a new Star Trek tv show has special effects that don't look 50 years old.

The whinging about the streaming service is getting annoying.

Would I rather it be free, or put on a service I already pay for? Yes. But people have been begging for years to have the option to pick and choose what channels they pay for instead of having to buy Cable bundles, and now that they have it suddenly it's the worst thing that could happen. I grant that it's not ideal and that most of the services should be lower cost, but the entitlement of people who just want all their entertainment to be completely free is freaking staggering to me.


I feel like the discussion I see most is about how with all this service fracturing the cost will be more than it was to have a premium cable subscription before, so obviously cord cutters are going to be a bit miffed. I don't get a sense of entitlement from most when I'm reading about this all, more that they want their money's worth, which they weren't before, were getting for some time in the last few years, and are on the cusp of not getting again, especially when you factor in that some of these services still have advertisements.

I had been paying for Netflix and amazon prime(although not really for the video service at all but their movie library ended up surprising me greatly) and hbo go but with the further fracture about to happen with Disney and whatnot I am considering throwing my hands in the air and buying a firestick and installing Kodi because sure while that is a very non-zero level of entitlement, I won't continue to pay the same amount(maybe even more if prices have to raise to accommodate lost subs or however else it's rationalized) for less service, it's one of the reasons I cord cut to begin with.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
September 26 2017 01:56 GMT
#35072
well while the ones I've liked the most were the JJ abrams ones, I still didn't like those ones all that much soo
errm not sure
I guess it's not a huge time investment
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 26 2017 15:15 GMT
#35073
On September 26 2017 07:30 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2017 00:38 Requizen wrote:
On September 26 2017 00:30 Ansibled wrote:
I'm enjoying reading people getting mad that a new Star Trek tv show has special effects that don't look 50 years old.

The whinging about the streaming service is getting annoying.

Would I rather it be free, or put on a service I already pay for? Yes. But people have been begging for years to have the option to pick and choose what channels they pay for instead of having to buy Cable bundles, and now that they have it suddenly it's the worst thing that could happen. I grant that it's not ideal and that most of the services should be lower cost, but the entitlement of people who just want all their entertainment to be completely free is freaking staggering to me.


I feel like the discussion I see most is about how with all this service fracturing the cost will be more than it was to have a premium cable subscription before, so obviously cord cutters are going to be a bit miffed. I don't get a sense of entitlement from most when I'm reading about this all, more that they want their money's worth, which they weren't before, were getting for some time in the last few years, and are on the cusp of not getting again, especially when you factor in that some of these services still have advertisements.

I had been paying for Netflix and amazon prime(although not really for the video service at all but their movie library ended up surprising me greatly) and hbo go but with the further fracture about to happen with Disney and whatnot I am considering throwing my hands in the air and buying a firestick and installing Kodi because sure while that is a very non-zero level of entitlement, I won't continue to pay the same amount(maybe even more if prices have to raise to accommodate lost subs or however else it's rationalized) for less service, it's one of the reasons I cord cut to begin with.

Yeah, the pricing is I think the only true downside of this whole thing. It's sort of mitigated by two things though:

1) You can drop things you're not using. Unlike cable, you don't need to get a year of HBO to get Game of Thrones, you just sub for a couple months for the season and then drop it (or only one month and just binge it at the end). Basically the only one I keep up at all times in Netflix, anything else I can add/remove at will.

2) Account sharing. I have Netflix and the random stuff like HBO, my parents have Amazon Prime and Hulu. We share accounts and get the benefits of everything while paying a portion of the cost. It's a great system and is accepted by most of the streaming services, which is a big change from Cable. It's less of a plus if you don't have friends/family to share with, of course.
It's your boy Guzma!
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-26 23:30:39
September 26 2017 18:56 GMT
#35074
Which one of you goofs wants to split my challenge a friend quest in HS. aaaand its gone.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
September 26 2017 21:14 GMT
#35075
On September 27 2017 00:15 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2017 07:30 red_ wrote:
On September 26 2017 00:38 Requizen wrote:
On September 26 2017 00:30 Ansibled wrote:
I'm enjoying reading people getting mad that a new Star Trek tv show has special effects that don't look 50 years old.

The whinging about the streaming service is getting annoying.

Would I rather it be free, or put on a service I already pay for? Yes. But people have been begging for years to have the option to pick and choose what channels they pay for instead of having to buy Cable bundles, and now that they have it suddenly it's the worst thing that could happen. I grant that it's not ideal and that most of the services should be lower cost, but the entitlement of people who just want all their entertainment to be completely free is freaking staggering to me.


I feel like the discussion I see most is about how with all this service fracturing the cost will be more than it was to have a premium cable subscription before, so obviously cord cutters are going to be a bit miffed. I don't get a sense of entitlement from most when I'm reading about this all, more that they want their money's worth, which they weren't before, were getting for some time in the last few years, and are on the cusp of not getting again, especially when you factor in that some of these services still have advertisements.

I had been paying for Netflix and amazon prime(although not really for the video service at all but their movie library ended up surprising me greatly) and hbo go but with the further fracture about to happen with Disney and whatnot I am considering throwing my hands in the air and buying a firestick and installing Kodi because sure while that is a very non-zero level of entitlement, I won't continue to pay the same amount(maybe even more if prices have to raise to accommodate lost subs or however else it's rationalized) for less service, it's one of the reasons I cord cut to begin with.

Yeah, the pricing is I think the only true downside of this whole thing. It's sort of mitigated by two things though:

1) You can drop things you're not using. Unlike cable, you don't need to get a year of HBO to get Game of Thrones, you just sub for a couple months for the season and then drop it (or only one month and just binge it at the end). Basically the only one I keep up at all times in Netflix, anything else I can add/remove at will.

2) Account sharing. I have Netflix and the random stuff like HBO, my parents have Amazon Prime and Hulu. We share accounts and get the benefits of everything while paying a portion of the cost. It's a great system and is accepted by most of the streaming services, which is a big change from Cable. It's less of a plus if you don't have friends/family to share with, of course.


Is it reasonable to buy a streaming service for just a couple months for one show though?

I'm all for paying for streaming services. I think they're great and I haven't owned a television since like 2001.

But the prices really need to be reasonable.

Netflix pricing is reasonable for what you get, but most of the others are not, from what I've seen. I don't see one viewing of a game of thrones season as being worth more than maximum 10$. In Malaysia I wouldn't even pay that much since a movie ticket here is only 2-3$.

Crunchyroll is also reasonable I guess.


I pirate a lot, but I also spend a pretty good bit of my money on entertainment. I just look at everything through the lens of do I believe this price is reasonable and do I think the company making the product is being fair to me. If I don't think it's fair, I have no reservations pirating because I know it doesn't actually cost them money when I had already decided not to buy the product in the first place.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-26 23:03:26
September 26 2017 22:56 GMT
#35076
On September 27 2017 06:14 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2017 00:15 Requizen wrote:
On September 26 2017 07:30 red_ wrote:
On September 26 2017 00:38 Requizen wrote:
On September 26 2017 00:30 Ansibled wrote:
I'm enjoying reading people getting mad that a new Star Trek tv show has special effects that don't look 50 years old.

The whinging about the streaming service is getting annoying.

Would I rather it be free, or put on a service I already pay for? Yes. But people have been begging for years to have the option to pick and choose what channels they pay for instead of having to buy Cable bundles, and now that they have it suddenly it's the worst thing that could happen. I grant that it's not ideal and that most of the services should be lower cost, but the entitlement of people who just want all their entertainment to be completely free is freaking staggering to me.


I feel like the discussion I see most is about how with all this service fracturing the cost will be more than it was to have a premium cable subscription before, so obviously cord cutters are going to be a bit miffed. I don't get a sense of entitlement from most when I'm reading about this all, more that they want their money's worth, which they weren't before, were getting for some time in the last few years, and are on the cusp of not getting again, especially when you factor in that some of these services still have advertisements.

I had been paying for Netflix and amazon prime(although not really for the video service at all but their movie library ended up surprising me greatly) and hbo go but with the further fracture about to happen with Disney and whatnot I am considering throwing my hands in the air and buying a firestick and installing Kodi because sure while that is a very non-zero level of entitlement, I won't continue to pay the same amount(maybe even more if prices have to raise to accommodate lost subs or however else it's rationalized) for less service, it's one of the reasons I cord cut to begin with.

Yeah, the pricing is I think the only true downside of this whole thing. It's sort of mitigated by two things though:

1) You can drop things you're not using. Unlike cable, you don't need to get a year of HBO to get Game of Thrones, you just sub for a couple months for the season and then drop it (or only one month and just binge it at the end). Basically the only one I keep up at all times in Netflix, anything else I can add/remove at will.

2) Account sharing. I have Netflix and the random stuff like HBO, my parents have Amazon Prime and Hulu. We share accounts and get the benefits of everything while paying a portion of the cost. It's a great system and is accepted by most of the streaming services, which is a big change from Cable. It's less of a plus if you don't have friends/family to share with, of course.


Is it reasonable to buy a streaming service for just a couple months for one show though?


That's a pretty common thing to do.
For GoT most people have HBO nordic subscriptions around here.

It's more a matter of whether your show is a big enough draw for people to pay for it alone, especially if it's somewhat unknown they have to pay before even seeing one episode. I think people are mainly mad because it's a completely untested series which they just want to check out. Not scheduled viewing for most people.

Comparing prices to malaysia is pretty irrelevant though, a cinema ticket in us/europe probably costs ~$10, which is what's relevant for comparing pricing of us/european targetted online subscriptions.

Of the several subscriptions my house has, the one I probably would be most willing to give up would actually be netflix tbh. They really don't have very much anymore. It's just their own stuff, then maybe 20 tv shows + movies from a few years ago, then the rest is random filler garbage. Their catalogue has seriously gone to shit the last few years as other producers have started running their own services.

I think it might be a bit better in the US? but european netflix is trash tier now
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 26 2017 23:09 GMT
#35077
On September 27 2017 06:14 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2017 00:15 Requizen wrote:
On September 26 2017 07:30 red_ wrote:
On September 26 2017 00:38 Requizen wrote:
On September 26 2017 00:30 Ansibled wrote:
I'm enjoying reading people getting mad that a new Star Trek tv show has special effects that don't look 50 years old.

The whinging about the streaming service is getting annoying.

Would I rather it be free, or put on a service I already pay for? Yes. But people have been begging for years to have the option to pick and choose what channels they pay for instead of having to buy Cable bundles, and now that they have it suddenly it's the worst thing that could happen. I grant that it's not ideal and that most of the services should be lower cost, but the entitlement of people who just want all their entertainment to be completely free is freaking staggering to me.


I feel like the discussion I see most is about how with all this service fracturing the cost will be more than it was to have a premium cable subscription before, so obviously cord cutters are going to be a bit miffed. I don't get a sense of entitlement from most when I'm reading about this all, more that they want their money's worth, which they weren't before, were getting for some time in the last few years, and are on the cusp of not getting again, especially when you factor in that some of these services still have advertisements.

I had been paying for Netflix and amazon prime(although not really for the video service at all but their movie library ended up surprising me greatly) and hbo go but with the further fracture about to happen with Disney and whatnot I am considering throwing my hands in the air and buying a firestick and installing Kodi because sure while that is a very non-zero level of entitlement, I won't continue to pay the same amount(maybe even more if prices have to raise to accommodate lost subs or however else it's rationalized) for less service, it's one of the reasons I cord cut to begin with.

Yeah, the pricing is I think the only true downside of this whole thing. It's sort of mitigated by two things though:

1) You can drop things you're not using. Unlike cable, you don't need to get a year of HBO to get Game of Thrones, you just sub for a couple months for the season and then drop it (or only one month and just binge it at the end). Basically the only one I keep up at all times in Netflix, anything else I can add/remove at will.

2) Account sharing. I have Netflix and the random stuff like HBO, my parents have Amazon Prime and Hulu. We share accounts and get the benefits of everything while paying a portion of the cost. It's a great system and is accepted by most of the streaming services, which is a big change from Cable. It's less of a plus if you don't have friends/family to share with, of course.


Is it reasonable to buy a streaming service for just a couple months for one show though?

I'm all for paying for streaming services. I think they're great and I haven't owned a television since like 2001.

But the prices really need to be reasonable.

Netflix pricing is reasonable for what you get, but most of the others are not, from what I've seen. I don't see one viewing of a game of thrones season as being worth more than maximum 10$. In Malaysia I wouldn't even pay that much since a movie ticket here is only 2-3$.

Crunchyroll is also reasonable I guess.


I pirate a lot, but I also spend a pretty good bit of my money on entertainment. I just look at everything through the lens of do I believe this price is reasonable and do I think the company making the product is being fair to me. If I don't think it's fair, I have no reservations pirating because I know it doesn't actually cost them money when I had already decided not to buy the product in the first place.

Might want to look into VRV. It's a combo sub to Cartoon Hangover, Crunchyrolle, Funimation, Geek & Sundry, Mondo, Nerdist, Rooster Teeth, Shudder, Tested, and whatever "VRV select" is for pretty cheap.
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
September 27 2017 00:25 GMT
#35078
On September 27 2017 07:56 killerdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2017 06:14 Ketara wrote:
On September 27 2017 00:15 Requizen wrote:
On September 26 2017 07:30 red_ wrote:
On September 26 2017 00:38 Requizen wrote:
On September 26 2017 00:30 Ansibled wrote:
I'm enjoying reading people getting mad that a new Star Trek tv show has special effects that don't look 50 years old.

The whinging about the streaming service is getting annoying.

Would I rather it be free, or put on a service I already pay for? Yes. But people have been begging for years to have the option to pick and choose what channels they pay for instead of having to buy Cable bundles, and now that they have it suddenly it's the worst thing that could happen. I grant that it's not ideal and that most of the services should be lower cost, but the entitlement of people who just want all their entertainment to be completely free is freaking staggering to me.


I feel like the discussion I see most is about how with all this service fracturing the cost will be more than it was to have a premium cable subscription before, so obviously cord cutters are going to be a bit miffed. I don't get a sense of entitlement from most when I'm reading about this all, more that they want their money's worth, which they weren't before, were getting for some time in the last few years, and are on the cusp of not getting again, especially when you factor in that some of these services still have advertisements.

I had been paying for Netflix and amazon prime(although not really for the video service at all but their movie library ended up surprising me greatly) and hbo go but with the further fracture about to happen with Disney and whatnot I am considering throwing my hands in the air and buying a firestick and installing Kodi because sure while that is a very non-zero level of entitlement, I won't continue to pay the same amount(maybe even more if prices have to raise to accommodate lost subs or however else it's rationalized) for less service, it's one of the reasons I cord cut to begin with.

Yeah, the pricing is I think the only true downside of this whole thing. It's sort of mitigated by two things though:

1) You can drop things you're not using. Unlike cable, you don't need to get a year of HBO to get Game of Thrones, you just sub for a couple months for the season and then drop it (or only one month and just binge it at the end). Basically the only one I keep up at all times in Netflix, anything else I can add/remove at will.

2) Account sharing. I have Netflix and the random stuff like HBO, my parents have Amazon Prime and Hulu. We share accounts and get the benefits of everything while paying a portion of the cost. It's a great system and is accepted by most of the streaming services, which is a big change from Cable. It's less of a plus if you don't have friends/family to share with, of course.


Is it reasonable to buy a streaming service for just a couple months for one show though?


That's a pretty common thing to do.
For GoT most people have HBO nordic subscriptions around here.

It's more a matter of whether your show is a big enough draw for people to pay for it alone, especially if it's somewhat unknown they have to pay before even seeing one episode. I think people are mainly mad because it's a completely untested series which they just want to check out. Not scheduled viewing for most people.

Comparing prices to malaysia is pretty irrelevant though, a cinema ticket in us/europe probably costs ~$10, which is what's relevant for comparing pricing of us/european targetted online subscriptions.

Of the several subscriptions my house has, the one I probably would be most willing to give up would actually be netflix tbh. They really don't have very much anymore. It's just their own stuff, then maybe 20 tv shows + movies from a few years ago, then the rest is random filler garbage. Their catalogue has seriously gone to shit the last few years as other producers have started running their own services.

I think it might be a bit better in the US? but european netflix is trash tier now


US Netflix is still very strong but Disney and Fox and CBS are all moving away which is going to be a serious hit depending on what they salvage out of it for the people who sub to it as a distributer of television/movies on the whole.

That said I think Netflix production arm has become the single strongest force in the game. Their TV shows are among the best and they have serious volume, and their movie production has started to follow suit. I would in theory like to see a subscription price reduction to match up to them losing what they have, but if they continue to dump major movie studio budgets(and quality to match) on their own stuff I may continue to value it as 'worth.'
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 27 2017 05:30 GMT
#35079
Prerelease blog up

http://www.liquidlegends.net/blogs/527182-ixalan-prerelease
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 27 2017 10:03 GMT
#35080
Cinema tickets in london are like $20 D: D:
Prev 1 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 151
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18598
Rain 1559
GuemChi 898
sorry 50
NaDa 18
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever444
NeuroSwarm198
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 448
minikerr38
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1052
Mew2King117
Other Games
summit1g6821
JimRising 558
WinterStarcraft505
C9.Mang0170
ViBE134
ZombieGrub16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick832
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 189
• davetesta41
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt240
Other Games
• Scarra945
• Shiphtur496
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 43m
INu's Battles
8h 43m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 43m
OSC
19h 58m
Replay Cast
20h 43m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.