• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:30
CEST 00:30
KST 07:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7088 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 5139

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5162 Next
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
June 04 2015 16:50 GMT
#102761
I don't even remember the mission, it has been so long. I just have vague recollections of being swarmed and retrying it like 100 times with different party compositions and always getting crushed.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 04 2015 16:52 GMT
#102762
On June 05 2015 01:18 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 01:02 ComaDose wrote:
soniv that sounds like something I would totally use JSON strings for.


all logic is done within BusinessObjects, which is very much a pseudo-code language

hard times.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
June 04 2015 16:54 GMT
#102763
I don't know why, but I just didn't want to get up today...going to see if I can make it an 8 hour day for once....
Steam: rook492
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
June 04 2015 17:04 GMT
#102764
On June 05 2015 01:42 onlywonderboy wrote:
The NBA finals are is one of the biggest heart/head disconnects of my entire life. I should just bet $50 on the Warriors that way even if the Cavs lose I'll make some money. I'll call it happiness insurance.


Literally same right here lol, but I don't think I can hand out free money like now lol. If Cav's win, damn would that be a miracle.

And lol, Kagami in the Zone vs. Yosen was I think, even better than the first time. THOR'S HAMMER. METEOR JAM.
Forever Young
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 04 2015 17:13 GMT
#102765
On June 05 2015 01:47 Requizen wrote:
Hearthstone getting that Skin money. Can't let the MOBAs have all the cash fun!

Oh the 'new heroes' are just skins? lol I thought it as new content. F dat s

And when I asked if people wanted to play I didn't mean just YOU soniv. Plenty of people own SG now
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 04 2015 17:15 GMT
#102766
On June 05 2015 02:13 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 01:47 Requizen wrote:
Hearthstone getting that Skin money. Can't let the MOBAs have all the cash fun!

Oh the 'new heroes' are just skins? lol I thought it as new content. F dat s

And when I asked if people wanted to play I didn't mean just YOU soniv. Plenty of people own SG now


You're right, you need someone a little closer to your skill level to train against. I don't want to dishearten you anymore.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 04 2015 17:19 GMT
#102767
On June 05 2015 02:15 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 02:13 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 05 2015 01:47 Requizen wrote:
Hearthstone getting that Skin money. Can't let the MOBAs have all the cash fun!

Oh the 'new heroes' are just skins? lol I thought it as new content. F dat s

And when I asked if people wanted to play I didn't mean just YOU soniv. Plenty of people own SG now


You're right, you need someone a little closer to your skill level to train against. I don't want to dishearten you anymore.


I think that burn just melted half of Canada.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
June 04 2015 17:20 GMT
#102768
The new hero being a skin is kind of a bummer, but makes sense. Balancing all new hero powers would be a nightmare. I won't spend $10 because that's money I'd rather just spend on packs. but it's not like it really affects the game.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 04 2015 17:23 GMT
#102769
On June 05 2015 02:15 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 02:13 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 05 2015 01:47 Requizen wrote:
Hearthstone getting that Skin money. Can't let the MOBAs have all the cash fun!

Oh the 'new heroes' are just skins? lol I thought it as new content. F dat s

And when I asked if people wanted to play I didn't mean just YOU soniv. Plenty of people own SG now


You're right, you need someone a little closer to your skill level to train against. I don't want to dishearten you anymore.

That was pretty good actually.

Two of the top SG players scrimming/sparring atm.
http://www.twitch.tv/acfan

If anyone is around right now and wants to play btw I'm up for it
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
June 04 2015 17:24 GMT
#102770
I'm only worried that the first cosmetics will open the door for cosmetics being the primary form of new content with an expansion twice a year while ignoring features the game should have.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-04 17:27:42
June 04 2015 17:27 GMT
#102771
Blizzard had stated back in Jan 2014 that alternative heroes were in the works, but wouldn't affect gameplay. It's not really a surprise.

But I think players are clamoring for new gameplay elements because Blackrock Mountain was pretty bad in terms of shaking things up. It added Patron Warrior, Lightbomb Priest, and Demonlock to the mix, but outside of those first frenetic weeks there hasn't been a whole lot of movement in the meta. It doesn't help that Blizzard has simultaneously stopped nerfing/buffing anything.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
June 04 2015 17:33 GMT
#102772
It's also the fact that people getting tired of the ladder mode feeling rather unrewarding as well as the "casual" mode being just a place people go to grind quest wins using the fastest decks possible. BRM being a flop just made this unrest so much worse. That and the complete disregard for players opinions when it comes to features like deck slots.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 04 2015 17:34 GMT
#102773
I like the idea of Hero skins, but $10 is a lot. It makes sense in mobas, where it might be an entirely new sculpt and animations/effects, but a Hero portrait is just an image with ~30 seconds of vocal content.

I know it takes a lot of time to make the art asset and record the voice, but that's overstepping a bit. If it was like, $3-5 then I would probably jump on it.
It's your boy Guzma!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 04 2015 17:36 GMT
#102774
On June 05 2015 02:27 Seuss wrote:
Blizzard had stated back in Jan 2014 that alternative heroes were in the works, but wouldn't affect gameplay. It's not really a surprise.

But I think players are clamoring for new gameplay elements because Blackrock Mountain was pretty bad in terms of shaking things up. It added Patron Warrior, Lightbomb Priest, and Demonlock to the mix, but outside of those first frenetic weeks there hasn't been a whole lot of movement in the meta. It doesn't help that Blizzard has simultaneously stopped nerfing/buffing anything.


The biggest issue with BRM was that the mechanic it was centralized around (dragons) ended up being a complete flop. As much as I love my dragodin deck, it's really just not very good.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 04 2015 17:36 GMT
#102775
Steam Machiines available for preorder.

Let's see how Valve's console "experiment' pans out.
Moderator
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
June 04 2015 17:44 GMT
#102776
On June 05 2015 02:36 TheYango wrote:
Steam Machiines available for preorder.

Let's see how Valve's console "experiment' pans out.


I'm not holding out any high hopes.
TranslatorBaa!
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
June 04 2015 17:46 GMT
#102777
As a concept I think it's better than how consoles operate but I doubt it'll take off.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 04 2015 18:00 GMT
#102778
On June 05 2015 01:50 zer0das wrote:
I don't even remember the mission, it has been so long. I just have vague recollections of being swarmed and retrying it like 100 times with different party compositions and always getting crushed.

I remember some human campaign where I leveled a handful of units, with a bunch of mid-tier ones (and I think some kind of battle fae that ended up level 7 'cause I liked the unit a lot?), and then the last battle arrive, and there's about three times my amount of top tier units, all top tier too. So even fielding the mid-tier one would destroy them, and there are no chokepoints for me to abuse mages or something (plus iirc there isn't really a big ass tank unit for humans like ghosts or dwarves on mountains). No chance to recruit and level units during that mission either.

TL;DR game told me on the last mission of the campaign "you dun goofed 'cause you didn't train 20+ high level units even if you realistically only deploy 6-7 per mission so you're good to start the whole campaign over". I was a bit disappointed, I wanted to see the end.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 04 2015 18:00 GMT
#102779
Also, given the number of bad F2P mobas that are on Steam right now, I think it'd be hilarious if Riot put LoL on Steam and edged them all out.
Moderator
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 04 2015 18:00 GMT
#102780
On June 05 2015 02:36 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 02:27 Seuss wrote:
Blizzard had stated back in Jan 2014 that alternative heroes were in the works, but wouldn't affect gameplay. It's not really a surprise.

But I think players are clamoring for new gameplay elements because Blackrock Mountain was pretty bad in terms of shaking things up. It added Patron Warrior, Lightbomb Priest, and Demonlock to the mix, but outside of those first frenetic weeks there hasn't been a whole lot of movement in the meta. It doesn't help that Blizzard has simultaneously stopped nerfing/buffing anything.


The biggest issue with BRM was that the mechanic it was centralized around (dragons) ended up being a complete flop. As much as I love my dragodin deck, it's really just not very good.

Yeah but it gave us Emperor Thaurissan, which became basically an autoinclude in any combo or hand type deck.

Nefarian isn't too bad either.
It's your boy Guzma!
Prev 1 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 135
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 274
White-Ra 167
firebathero 86
910 47
NaDa 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever152
NeuroSwarm125
Super Smash Bros
PPMD72
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9116
Liquid`Hasu1557
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8005
Liquid`RaSZi3438
shahzam574
JimRising 286
B2W.Neo179
Pyrionflax171
ArmadaUGS97
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream311
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade906
Other Games
• imaqtpie1104
• Shiphtur170
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 30m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.