• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:42
CEST 06:42
KST 13:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11242 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 5141

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5162 Next
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 04 2015 21:16 GMT
#102801
On June 05 2015 06:08 Cixah wrote:
I had 3 i7s melt today. Rip.

How?
liftlift > tsm
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23421 Posts
June 04 2015 21:17 GMT
#102802
heat?
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
June 04 2015 21:19 GMT
#102803
On June 05 2015 06:17 Slayer91 wrote:
heat?


Yep. Systems are road side with 95 degree weather plus direct sunlight. The ac's iced over and weren't blowing = a lot of money trashed.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 04 2015 21:22 GMT
#102804
On June 05 2015 06:08 Cixah wrote:
I had 3 i7s melt today. Rip.

Just be glad you didn't have to pay for it.
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
June 04 2015 21:43 GMT
#102805
OK I am so ready to sleep and its only 6pm. I literally am the crotchety old man in a young body, this sucks.

Plus is I'm hopefully at 2 strikes on one job site since another contractor complained about me exploding on them for ripping my shit out of the ground without saying anything to anyone.
Steam: rook492
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
June 04 2015 22:02 GMT
#102806
On June 05 2015 06:43 Crusnik wrote:
OK I am so ready to sleep and its only 6pm. I literally am the crotchety old man in a young body, this sucks.

Plus is I'm hopefully at 2 strikes on one job site since another contractor complained about me exploding on them for ripping my shit out of the ground without saying anything to anyone.

try taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon or so?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 04 2015 22:04 GMT
#102807
I love napping.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
June 04 2015 22:34 GMT
#102808
On June 05 2015 07:02 Frolossus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 06:43 Crusnik wrote:
OK I am so ready to sleep and its only 6pm. I literally am the crotchety old man in a young body, this sucks.

Plus is I'm hopefully at 2 strikes on one job site since another contractor complained about me exploding on them for ripping my shit out of the ground without saying anything to anyone.

try taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon or so?


I work from 7-5ish doing construction/irrigation, I can't.

I'm overworked, underpaid, and burnt out, but leaving would entail putting my dad in a bad spot since his "foremen" are both incompetent/can't be trusted to not fuck up without someone watching them.
Steam: rook492
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
June 04 2015 22:35 GMT
#102809
On June 05 2015 07:34 Crusnik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 07:02 Frolossus wrote:
On June 05 2015 06:43 Crusnik wrote:
OK I am so ready to sleep and its only 6pm. I literally am the crotchety old man in a young body, this sucks.

Plus is I'm hopefully at 2 strikes on one job site since another contractor complained about me exploding on them for ripping my shit out of the ground without saying anything to anyone.

try taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon or so?


I work from 7-5ish doing construction/irrigation, I can't.

I'm overworked, underpaid, and burnt out, but leaving would entail putting my dad in a bad spot since his "foremen" are both incompetent/can't be trusted to not fuck up without someone watching them.


Sounds like you should talk to your dad to put you in more of a managerial position. Especially if he finds you note competent than they are.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-04 22:54:15
June 04 2015 22:53 GMT
#102810
That would work, if he was actually able to do his job without also being a manager on weekends. We have basically 3 crews, my dad and brother, myself and one of the foremen, and another team of 2. And this covers an area from Binghamton NY, to State College/Altoona, PA and Harrisburg, PA.

We're streached thin and can't do much about it without expanding and hiring more people/getting more vehicles.

E: what I mean is he is the manager for our division, but doesn't have the time to actually do office work since he also needs to do installs/service calls.
Steam: rook492
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 04 2015 23:02 GMT
#102811
On June 05 2015 06:43 Crusnik wrote:
OK I am so ready to sleep and its only 6pm. I literally am the crotchety old man in a young body, this sucks.

Plus is I'm hopefully at 2 strikes on one job site since another contractor complained about me exploding on them for ripping my shit out of the ground without saying anything to anyone.


This is how I felt working for my dad (he owns a small manufacturing shop). I just felt so sluggish, exhausted, and unmotivated after a while.

I felt bad telling him I hated the job, but that was when I realized I needed to start thinking about what career I want lest I end up operating machines all my life.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
June 04 2015 23:25 GMT
#102812
On June 05 2015 04:04 WaveofShadow wrote:
Sorry more SG talk

Apparently playerbase is up over 150% right now with a LOT of people learning the game online.
Now would be an EXCELLENT time to start learning as you'd be on the same page with a lot of randoms for practice, which isn't usually the case.

How much were you paid to sponsor Skull Girls?

Also you guys were slow with the posts today. I'd be interested to see where this thread is in a year.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 04 2015 23:38 GMT
#102813
On June 05 2015 08:25 Frudgey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 04:04 WaveofShadow wrote:
Sorry more SG talk

Apparently playerbase is up over 150% right now with a LOT of people learning the game online.
Now would be an EXCELLENT time to start learning as you'd be on the same page with a lot of randoms for practice, which isn't usually the case.

How much were you paid to sponsor Skull Girls?

Also you guys were slow with the posts today. I'd be interested to see where this thread is in a year.

It'll be on the OT off shoot when esports OT posting becomes an esport(so meta, wow!). The young phenom Jerf will be our page header, Wave our topic changer, Alaric our attention stopper, and after a storied history but poor recent performance I'll retire to a coaching position.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 04 2015 23:47 GMT
#102814
On June 05 2015 08:25 Frudgey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 04:04 WaveofShadow wrote:
Sorry more SG talk

Apparently playerbase is up over 150% right now with a LOT of people learning the game online.
Now would be an EXCELLENT time to start learning as you'd be on the same page with a lot of randoms for practice, which isn't usually the case.

How much were you paid to sponsor Skull Girls?

Also you guys were slow with the posts today. I'd be interested to see where this thread is in a year.


I jus wanna play wif people

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 04 2015 23:48 GMT
#102815
On June 05 2015 06:17 Slayer91 wrote:
heat?

it would take a lot of heat to do that. like a lot.

plus shouldn't there be thermal sensors so the cpu's get throttled in situations like that?
liftlift > tsm
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-04 23:51:53
June 04 2015 23:51 GMT
#102816
On June 05 2015 08:47 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 08:25 Frudgey wrote:
On June 05 2015 04:04 WaveofShadow wrote:
Sorry more SG talk

Apparently playerbase is up over 150% right now with a LOT of people learning the game online.
Now would be an EXCELLENT time to start learning as you'd be on the same page with a lot of randoms for practice, which isn't usually the case.

How much were you paid to sponsor Skull Girls?

Also you guys were slow with the posts today. I'd be interested to see where this thread is in a year.


I jus wanna play wif people


I just wish my fightstick would work >: (
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-04 23:53:38
June 04 2015 23:53 GMT
#102817
Is there a way to see who voted for what on polls here on LL?
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
June 04 2015 23:56 GMT
#102818
On June 05 2015 08:48 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 06:17 Slayer91 wrote:
heat?

it would take a lot of heat to do that. like a lot.

plus shouldn't there be thermal sensors so the cpu's get throttled in situations like that?


That would imply that those were turned on because software from dev didn't turn them off we swear. Updates break more things than fix them around here.

What's .net frame work? Not our software, We can probably turn it off. /s
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 04 2015 23:57 GMT
#102819
On June 05 2015 08:51 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 08:47 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 05 2015 08:25 Frudgey wrote:
On June 05 2015 04:04 WaveofShadow wrote:
Sorry more SG talk

Apparently playerbase is up over 150% right now with a LOT of people learning the game online.
Now would be an EXCELLENT time to start learning as you'd be on the same page with a lot of randoms for practice, which isn't usually the case.

How much were you paid to sponsor Skull Girls?

Also you guys were slow with the posts today. I'd be interested to see where this thread is in a year.


I jus wanna play wif people


I just wish my fightstick would work >: (

The 360 controller won't kill you. I promise.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 04 2015 23:59 GMT
#102820
On June 05 2015 08:56 Cixah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 08:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On June 05 2015 06:17 Slayer91 wrote:
heat?

it would take a lot of heat to do that. like a lot.

plus shouldn't there be thermal sensors so the cpu's get throttled in situations like that?


That would imply that those were turned on
because software from dev didn't turn them off we swear. Updates break more things than fix them around here.

What's .net frame work? Not our software, We can probably turn it off. /s

w0t m8?

jesus, wtf.
liftlift > tsm
Prev 1 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings134
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 173
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 195
hero 103
sorry 36
Mind 29
Terrorterran 20
Bale 19
ZergMaN 13
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1007
League of Legends
JimRising 709
Counter-Strike
taco 442
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King183
Other Games
summit1g9655
Maynarde201
RuFF_SC2177
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick504
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH261
• Hupsaiya 126
• practicex 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota297
League of Legends
• Rush1268
• Stunt279
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 18m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.