• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:20
CEST 08:20
KST 15:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7658 users

[NA IHs] Running at Dusk - Page 52

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 171 Next
New inhouse logistics TBD. In the meantime, feel free to hang out in the league general discord https://discord.gg/0lCEKA3jUEFxERzd ("add lol" in #welcome) and get some ad-hoc games going!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 28 2013 22:56 GMT
#1021
It is partially the champion you choose and the type of communication you have with your team. If you ping stuff and keep telling your teammates what to do. That's the easiest way to have an impact at lower levels. Other stuff include pushing your lane so hard you force 2 or 3 people to kill you. But if you're warding correctly you should just be wasting their time, letting your teammates get mismatched advantages.
liftlift > tsm
Seltsam
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States343 Posts
August 28 2013 23:06 GMT
#1022
Registration
- Ingame name: Seltsam

- Rank and division: Silver V

- If you are a lowbie (Gold or below), include what position you would be interested in working on. (List two):
ADC and top would be my two first choices.
Want to work on everything, though.

- For each role, identify two champions you wish to improve on
ADC- I think MF and Vayne, (but again, want to work on anyone I can in this role)
Top- I'm enjoying Shen a lot. As a second, I think Lee Sin, but I'm still experimenting.
Team Limited ftw! www.teamltd.net
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 23:11:09
August 28 2013 23:09 GMT
#1023
On August 29 2013 07:51 GrandInquisitor wrote:
I'm in a weird situation where I feel like the fate of the game is out of my control. Sometimes I win lane, and other times I lose lane. But it doesn't seem like it matters, because whether I win or lose the overall game seems to depend on whether someone else on my team is snowballing or if an opponent is snowballing. I'm never the one carrying.

I typically play support, so this isn't wholly unexpected, but I feel like I should be making a bigger impact, and even when I top lane it seems like I'm not deciding the game.

Is it that I don't roam well enough? Is it my champ selection (typically Sona/Singed)? Is it that I'm not pressing my advantage enough when I'm ahead in lane?

Was in Silver I for a while, just got demoted to Silver II after four consecutive 4v5 games.

Different champions and different roles influence the game in their own way. What matters the most is that you try to play your part the best and play around for what influences the game the most. There's no "one rule fits all" approach here and so it's somewhat playing until you reach your natural peak, and then figuring out how to improve your play and learn game sense and moving upwards once you learn more and get better.

For the support role, your impact is not as blunt and forward the same way as the AP Caster who explodes an enemy Carry in 2 second with your spell burst. But there are still things you can do other than just doing well to control the lane for your AD Carry to farm. For instance, let's say you're playing Sona and the enemy Zed is snowballing out of control You come to a crucial fight around Dragon. Charge up a W-Power Chord. Wait for the enemy Zed to go in on your AD Carry then Exhaust and W-Power Chord him. That's an instant 20% + 30% reduction in damage which means you just neutered almost half of his entire damage output instantly. It's not the flashiest of plays but it's going to be massively influential in keeping that Vayne alive long enough to just survive Zed's absurd bust and then clean up the fight.

In top lane, you can try to control the lane really hard, zone the opponent, make them cry, force the jungler to camp your lane and draw pressure away from the rest of the team to win their lane. Or maybe just crush lane, get super fed, perma-push top and smash down towers and split push all game. Or maybe feed off your opponent, get super fed, take tower, crush other lanes while your lane is push and snowball into taking all the towers. Or maybe it's a hard lane so you just patiently farm it out and then in the teamfight you go ballistic and kill everything in sight. There are a lot of ways to play solo lanes so you learn what the best approach for you is and you learn to abuse it. Then once your comfortable with it and you feel like your skill is starting to plateau, you learn how to do another one of these strategies because it makes more sense for certain team comps or is the better response to how some games go. And so on and so forth.

Learn what you can and cannot do at different power levels and then focus on how to make plays around that. A lot of this is really playing and feeling what kind of plays you can make to advance your game state. The next is then convincing your team to take objectives and actually win. Every time you do something, aim to advance the game state. Win a fight? Go take an objective. Just clear a large brawl of tower and at low health? Go heal up in preparation for the next objective and kill them again (waiting for important CDs of course). Really fed and great at 1v1'ing? Go split-push with good ward coverage (buy them yourself if you have to) or wait in a brush for the AD Carry to get greedy and cs that massive juicy minion wave and then suddenly blow them up and the take a tower or force a 4v5.

Also one other thing is watch your item builds. Don't try to get too cute. Sometimes what seems like a cute idea is just really bad or inefficient.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 28 2013 23:32 GMT
#1024
From the support role, it's pretty integral that you keep up wards in good locations and make sure that the timing is correct. A lot of map movement is unconscious and reactionary. A mid game ward near wraiths that reveals someone heading top to clear a wave could force a bottom lane push, regardless if there's a call or not. Map movement/vision is one of the most subtle yet most impactful way to improve your game.

Also, you could try to win/dominate your lane. Simply surviving your lane isn't good enough, you need to be able to recognize mistakes and win lanes. I tend to play passive supports (Sona/Janna), yet I play aggressively in lane. And I'm not necessarily aiming for a kill, but perhaps force them off balance to get free damage and wear them down through attrition.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
August 29 2013 00:00 GMT
#1025
I'm going to be streaming and doing commentary on the next game.

http://www.twitch.tv/montegomerylol
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 01:05:47
August 29 2013 00:50 GMT
#1026
On August 29 2013 09:00 Seuss wrote:
I'm going to be streaming and doing commentary on the next game.

http://www.twitch.tv/montegomerylol

you're much better at this than I am.

also, if ihs are still going on when I get back. around 10pm pst. I'll either join in or cast.
liftlift > tsm
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
August 29 2013 01:06 GMT
#1027
Looking for +1 for a second game in TL22/22
R11
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Canada213 Posts
August 29 2013 01:07 GMT
#1028
I feel a support influences a game by how much little things they do to make the team's life easier. Some things I try to do:

1. Usage of exhaust. I've seen tons of supports waste their exhaust to finish off or chase a champion that would probably die after. The potential to reduce a AP or assassins burst is too important to waste, especially if they are fed.

2. Think about where the next objective or threat is and ward for it accordingly. Whenever someone is asking you to ward a place (and you feel the same), you probably should have warded it earlier unless something is preventing you to do so.

3. Ward when it's safe, there are times you won't be sure and you have to rely on looking at the map to guess based on previous movements.

4. Determine when you can roam to assist other lanes. If you feel your AD can farm safely, it's probably better to roam and make plays elsewhere than to stand beside him.

5. Track wards for the team, if you see an enemy ward placed on the minimap, try your best to remember that it's placed. I hate when people ping wards and hide on it a minute later.

6. There are lanes where you will be at a disadvantage based on the match up, figure when you can take some harass for your AD to make his life easier. (Most supports start with some sustain anyway)

7. I feel that in bottom lane hitting level 2 first puts you in a huge advantage (4 skills against 2). Coordinate with your AD to see if he want's to shove early and do so.

Hope it helps!
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
August 29 2013 04:09 GMT
#1029
anyone casting the games? i wouldn't mind joining in on the cast or listening in on it
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 04:17:56
August 29 2013 04:17 GMT
#1030
monte is casting, pretty damn entertainingly
http://www.twitch.tv/montegomerylol
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
DOMINOSC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada345 Posts
August 29 2013 04:23 GMT
#1031
Registration
- DominoSc

- Gold division 4

- mid lane/

- kass, zed, fizz

Sen Fighting!!! / JulyZerg Fighting!!! / Ret Fighting!!! / Reach Fighting!!! / well intentioned people of average intelligence
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
August 29 2013 04:24 GMT
#1032
On August 29 2013 13:17 gtrsrs wrote:
monte is casting, pretty damn entertainingly
http://www.twitch.tv/montegomerylol


I think he's done for the day.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 06:02:23
August 29 2013 04:40 GMT
#1033
Gimme 20min. And I'll be casting. Not as well as monte tho.

K, will begin casting!!! twitch.tv/wei2coolforu

Stream off since i'm playing, it'll lag too much for me. will stream when casting though.

EDIT: K stream on! casting!
liftlift > tsm
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 29 2013 06:12 GMT
#1034
Apologize to everyone for my shitty attitude today
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Cr4zyH0r5e
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Peru1308 Posts
August 29 2013 06:14 GMT
#1035
Report update:

Apparently my first day of sucking was just failure to adapt to more coordinated teams.
After 4 days of inhouses I finally managed to adapt and play a similar jungle style to the one I like. I've become less reliant on heavy counter jungling and more aware of the other jungler's position in the map at any point. I am able to coordinate ganks a lot better and not fall behind wondering what I should be doing when I'm not counter jungling. I'm also better at controling objectives in general.

I think my understanding of the game has increased a lot in just a few days and I encourage everyone who can make it to try and join in. the groups we have these days are big enough to get two simultaneous inhouses at times.
Stats don't mean much but I think this should show some of my improvement.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/22509603#history
Diamond 4 Jungle/Support - http://www.twitch.tv/cr4zyh0r5e/c/3051057 Zyra support 101
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
August 29 2013 06:23 GMT
#1036
I had a lot of fun tonight. I'm still having a little trouble picking up exactly what I need to learn from a lot of these games. The one exception was the top lane game I played, where I had the lane in my control and then wasting 800 gold on useless items against Shen instead of something that would have helped me actually win the lane. In hindsight it wasn't as surprising that I was losing trades against an armor stack, even with a gold and level advantage.
nyxnyxnyx
Profile Joined April 2010
Indonesia2978 Posts
August 29 2013 06:39 GMT
#1037
Any inhouses still running right now? I'm ready and willing
cool beans
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
August 29 2013 06:41 GMT
#1038
There is one running but a bunch of people said it might be their last. Stay tuned to see if there's another, and join channel machete5pots
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
August 29 2013 06:44 GMT
#1039
For those wanting to review the VoD from my casting, here's a table of contents:

Game 1: http://www.twitch.tv/montegomerylol/b/453008230
NeoIllusions (Zed) vs BFTSChaos (Cho'gath)
UpperB (Lee Sin) vs Auswahlaxiom (Rammus)
MagnusWolf (Ahri) vs Ethelis (Lux)
Hiicantpk (Ashe) vs Bevan (Ezreal)
KissBlade (Nami) vs Zdrastochye (Sona)

KissBlade Bubble Whiff.
When good initiations go bad, with slow motion analysis.


Game 2: http://www.twitch.tv/montegomerylol/b/453008230?t=34m30s
NeoIllusions (Wukong) vs MCMilo (Jayce)
KissBlade (Hecarim) vs OMnomnomnomn (Lee Sin)
TLBlueBird (Orianna) vs MagnusWolf (Zed)
FallenLoL (Graves) vs Bevan (Ezreal)
Ethelis (Alistar) vs Hiicantpk (Lulu)

Dragon fight.
How To Whiff a Wombo Combo.
How To Whiff a Wombo Combo, again.


Game 3: http://www.twitch.tv/montegomerylol/b/453008230?t=101m40s
NeoIllusions (Renekton) vs BFTSChaos (Aatrox)
KissBlade (Hecarim) vs OMnomnomnomn (Lee Sin)
i am guitar (Kassadin) vs methstolemyteeth (Fizz)
FallenLoL (Graves) vs Helspeth (Ezreal)
Ethelis (Alistar) vs Seltsam (Sona)

gtrsrs learns to fear Fizz.
Kissblade brilliants saves Jarvan by blocking a Caitlyn ult.


Game 4: http://www.twitch.tv/montegomerylol/b/453008230?t=142m45s
sylverfyre (Kennen) vs BFTSChaos (Ryze)
OMnomnomnomn (Lee Sin) vs Mathies (Nasus)
i am guitar (Kassadin) vs Hiicantpk (Galio)
Kitkatzy (Caitlyn) vs methstolemyteeth (Vayne)
Seltsam (Janna) vs Zdrastochye (Lulu)

Corvette, my hero.
Big Plays with i am guitar
Monte's advice for Mathies.


Game 5: http://www.twitch.tv/montegomerylol/b/453008230?t=200m24s
sylverfyre (Renekton) vs aurawashere (Vladimir)
OMnomnomnomn (Lee Sin) vs MagnusWolf (Vi)
Umasi (Lissandra) vs Kitkatzy (Zed)
BFTSChaos (Caitlyn) vs UpperB (Twitch)
Hiicantpk (Kayle) vs KissBlade (Nami)

Monte's post-game advice and key moments.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
August 29 2013 06:52 GMT
#1040
i needed to back and i needed exactly 18 gold and i had no need for my blue buff
SO THERE
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 152
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1860
ggaemo 377
Yoon 377
910 306
Shuttle 84
Dewaltoss 77
Mong 64
Hm[arnc] 42
Bale 25
soO 25
[ Show more ]
Noble 21
yabsab 17
ZergMaN 16
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
JimRising 612
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1205
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor762
Other Games
summit1g8721
C9.Mang0305
PiGStarcraft290
Happy141
Mew2King131
ArmadaUGS46
trigger15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 43
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2336
League of Legends
• Lourlo1163
• Rush1097
• Stunt433
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h 40m
OSC
15h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.