• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:58
CEST 21:58
KST 04:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8583 users

[NA IHs] Running at Dusk - Page 51

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 171 Next
New inhouse logistics TBD. In the meantime, feel free to hang out in the league general discord https://discord.gg/0lCEKA3jUEFxERzd ("add lol" in #welcome) and get some ad-hoc games going!
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
August 28 2013 19:07 GMT
#1001
Also the champions I mentioned I want to work on (Ori/TF, Ez/Vayne) are champions I have very little experience with. My mains are Lux/Morgana/Ahri ft. special guest Galio in mid, and Ashe/Varus/MF/Cait for AD.

I play support as well and main Sona/Janna
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
August 28 2013 19:11 GMT
#1002
Also in a way of paying back the high level players who put time in to help all of us nublets, if any of you are getting into Street Fighter, I can help you on your way
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
August 28 2013 19:21 GMT
#1003
TF can assist in ganks extremely well, so losing matchups can suck but you still should be able to be relevant because early jungle ganks are so strong given he has an on-demand stun. That and once an opponent runs, the range on wild cards is long enough to pick low hp champs off.

Generally speaking, I'd feel safe picking TF blind into an opponent. A runepage w/ movespeed quints can help a fair amount to avoid slight misplays in positioning. Some early magic resistance in the form of chalice can go a long way in keeping you safe and the added mana regen allows for heavier spamming w/ aoe to clear waves. Granted, if you die early to LB a couple of times she's pretty much going to poop on you for the next 10 minutes without serious misplays and jungle help, so even a chalice wont save you there.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 19:37:23
August 28 2013 19:37 GMT
#1004
So game 1 i went avarice blade because i bought brawlers glove as a first item on accident lol

which was another reason we needed to shove a lot because i couldn't cs under turret with that
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 28 2013 19:40 GMT
#1005
On August 29 2013 04:37 StorrZerg wrote:
So game 1 i went avarice blade because i bought brawlers glove as a first item on accident lol

which was another reason we needed to shove a lot because i couldn't cs under turret with that

Yeah, I was highly confused with the Avarice blade first pick up
liftlift > tsm
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 19:52:10
August 28 2013 19:51 GMT
#1006
On August 29 2013 04:37 StorrZerg wrote:
So game 1 i went avarice blade because i bought brawlers glove as a first item on accident lol

which was another reason we needed to shove a lot because i couldn't cs under turret with that



There are ... worse things you could've bought by accident as a first item on ADC's ...

Speaking of which. I can make a channel if no one else does at 7pm EST: Machete5pots
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
August 28 2013 19:54 GMT
#1007
On August 29 2013 04:51 KissBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 04:37 StorrZerg wrote:
So game 1 i went avarice blade because i bought brawlers glove as a first item on accident lol

which was another reason we needed to shove a lot because i couldn't cs under turret with that



There are ... worse things you could've bought by accident as a first item on ADC's ...



Speaking of worst first items, there was a leona that went blue pot first and won the lane lol.
im deaf
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 28 2013 20:08 GMT
#1008
CDR op obviously.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Inschato
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada1349 Posts
August 28 2013 20:11 GMT
#1009
Nah, it's just normally Leona would be going all wards first anyway, so going blue pot is strictly speaking a combat advantage over that, as long as you don't get ganked via your lack of vision. I know you were being facetious though.
3.
yawn
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada200 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 20:15:28
August 28 2013 20:11 GMT
#1010
An important part of playing any passive AP mid is knowing what runes/items you need before you can clear your wave with just spells. I wish i could go into specifics but I've neglected learning mid in depth. Being able to clear a whole wave with TF's Wild Cards and Red Card forces the opponent to ward your wraiths or lane in order to predict your roams. If your opponent doesnt ward, you can safely farm wraiths after pushing or bait him into facechecking a bush with you and your jungler waiting. Your opponent who should be killing you in lane will end up just pushing his lane while you are safe to roam or farm.

edit: this prolly applies to all mid matchups with a roamer now that i think about it. buy wards mid lane i guess.
aka xusic
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
August 28 2013 20:43 GMT
#1011
I just got demoted, 95 points in silver I down to silver II again for like the 12th time this season.

I think I can actually play a few games tonight. If anyone has any criticism for me, I'll take the harshest most nitpicky stuff you notice. I honestly don't know what to do anymore to do well in solo queue. It's getting to the point where it's not enjoyable at all because it's been a year since I've seen any real improvement in results, and I'm not sure where to even start. I watch every replay, and I can't identify consistent flaws in my play, so I don't even really know what to work on.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 20:48:14
August 28 2013 20:47 GMT
#1012
Work on your love of the game. Just messing upperb. Don't get too down on yourself. Sounds like you're approaching it with a good attitude as long as you don't let the plateau get you down.

You were super helpful in the inhouses we played together. Hopefully someone better can give you pointers.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Pooshlmer
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1001 Posts
August 28 2013 21:14 GMT
#1013
Don't worry about losing or anything, I lose lane almost every game. Sometimes really hard. No one gives me a hard time about it and we still win sometimes. Just try to learn from your mistakes.

What's important is to respond quickly to your shotcaller. A coordinated weaker team has a good chance against a stronger team that's less cohesive.
methstolemyteeth
Profile Joined August 2013
United States2 Posts
August 28 2013 21:18 GMT
#1014
Registration
- Ingame name
Methstolemyteeth
- Rank and division
Plat 5
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
August 28 2013 21:30 GMT
#1015
I honestly think that to rank up from silver, its all about how well you understand positioning. If you can mentally picture every champ's zone and position yourself accordingly, your overall laning skill and survivalbility in teamfights will improve dramatically.
im deaf
Soloside
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1238 Posts
August 28 2013 22:25 GMT
#1016
Registration
- Ingame name
Taylor Šwift
- Rank and division
Plat 1
LoL: Taylor Swift | King Kayle
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 28 2013 22:42 GMT
#1017
Glad to see a lot of plat members joining these inhouses.
liftlift > tsm
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
August 28 2013 22:44 GMT
#1018
We're the middle class of tl
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
August 28 2013 22:45 GMT
#1019
We're almost all in plat, some are just disguised as silvers, golds, and diamonds.
Hey! How you doin'?
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 22:51:15
August 28 2013 22:51 GMT
#1020
I'm in a weird situation where I feel like the fate of the game is out of my control. Sometimes I win lane, and other times I lose lane. But it doesn't seem like it matters, because whether I win or lose the overall game seems to depend on whether someone else on my team is snowballing or if an opponent is snowballing. I'm never the one carrying.

I typically play support, so this isn't wholly unexpected, but I feel like I should be making a bigger impact, and even when I top lane it seems like I'm not deciding the game.

Is it that I don't roam well enough? Is it my champ selection (typically Sona/Singed)? Is it that I'm not pressing my advantage enough when I'm ahead in lane?

Was in Silver I for a while, just got demoted to Silver II after four consecutive 4v5 games.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 649
JuggernautJason81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15640
Dewaltoss 118
Bale 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever309
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3498
Khaldor1936
crisheroes1191
Liquid`Hasu846
Other Games
summit1g3811
fl0m1106
Beastyqt682
FrodaN456
shahzam432
byalli246
KnowMe172
ArmadaUGS165
C9.Mang0164
UpATreeSC96
Mew2King70
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 28
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie909
• WagamamaTV278
• Shiphtur234
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 2m
Stellar Fest
17h 2m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.