• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:14
CEST 17:14
KST 00:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9790 users

TSL 7 - Losers Round 2 & 3 - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
June 21 2021 00:19 GMT
#121
On June 21 2021 08:55 JJH777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2021 08:24 Xain0n wrote:
On June 21 2021 07:51 JJH777 wrote:
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.


It's not just that it affects Terran the most. It's also that the ping for Korea to NA is worse than most of EU to NA. That's especially true for western EU.

For Western EU countries it would actually be far more fair to play all games on NA West.

A lot of people have called Serral GOAT. Especially on Reddit. That is overhype. For current skill rather than overall achievement I'll agree that he's generally been rated fairly though maybe slightly overhyped at times.


Where are you getting this idea from(rhetorical question)? The datas I remember and that were posted seemed to indicate the opposite. Ping from Korea to NA west was always better than ping from EUW to NA west and the majority of games are already being played on that server.

The overhype people in this thread were speaking of was evidently related to the skill level(which, also, it is more or less objective); it would be wise to avoid the evaluation of certain achievements, which are instead subjective unlike the achievements itself.




Data posted here of which there has been very little has always indicated that Koreans are getting the short end with ping.

You can also use a website like this one: https://wondernetwork.com/

Plugging in some locations on that site shows EU is dramatically favored. EU countries have less than 100 ping to the east coast. Korea is almost 200. France literally has 70 ping to the eastern half of the US. Korea vs France on NA west would be 140ping for France vs 136 ping for Korea. Korea vs France on NA East would be nearly 200 ping vs 70 ping.

And yes I know this site and others like it aren't going to translate perfectly to SC2 but ultimately nothing is because one of the most important things is the individual players connections which we have no info on.

Edit: I was incorrect on the distances. Not sure how as I was putting it into Google as I was typing the post but just did it again and got different numbers.


There is no way France is enjoying a ping this low to NA, if not in exceptional cases I would say.
Someone posted here on TL.net the actual ping for some series played in the last DH Masters (Maybe?I don't remember exactly, it could have also been some international tournament from last year) for some of the series and it was around 180-230 iirc with, not surprisingly, KR having better ping to NA west.
JJH777
Profile Joined January 2011
United States4420 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-06-21 00:56:45
June 21 2021 00:48 GMT
#122
On June 21 2021 09:19 Xain0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2021 08:55 JJH777 wrote:
On June 21 2021 08:24 Xain0n wrote:
On June 21 2021 07:51 JJH777 wrote:
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.


It's not just that it affects Terran the most. It's also that the ping for Korea to NA is worse than most of EU to NA. That's especially true for western EU.

For Western EU countries it would actually be far more fair to play all games on NA West.

A lot of people have called Serral GOAT. Especially on Reddit. That is overhype. For current skill rather than overall achievement I'll agree that he's generally been rated fairly though maybe slightly overhyped at times.


Where are you getting this idea from(rhetorical question)? The datas I remember and that were posted seemed to indicate the opposite. Ping from Korea to NA west was always better than ping from EUW to NA west and the majority of games are already being played on that server.

The overhype people in this thread were speaking of was evidently related to the skill level(which, also, it is more or less objective); it would be wise to avoid the evaluation of certain achievements, which are instead subjective unlike the achievements itself.




Data posted here of which there has been very little has always indicated that Koreans are getting the short end with ping.

You can also use a website like this one: https://wondernetwork.com/

Plugging in some locations on that site shows EU is dramatically favored. EU countries have less than 100 ping to the east coast. Korea is almost 200. France literally has 70 ping to the eastern half of the US. Korea vs France on NA west would be 140ping for France vs 136 ping for Korea. Korea vs France on NA East would be nearly 200 ping vs 70 ping.

And yes I know this site and others like it aren't going to translate perfectly to SC2 but ultimately nothing is because one of the most important things is the individual players connections which we have no info on.

Edit: I was incorrect on the distances. Not sure how as I was putting it into Google as I was typing the post but just did it again and got different numbers.


There is no way France is enjoying a ping this low to NA, if not in exceptional cases I would say.
Someone posted here on TL.net the actual ping for some series played in the last DH Masters (Maybe?I don't remember exactly, it could have also been some international tournament from last year) for some of the series and it was around 180-230 iirc with, not surprisingly, KR having better ping to NA west.


I live in California and using a wifi connection I get 170 ping to France. My ping to Seoul is 162. Using a lan connection would lower that a bit. That's very close together and roughly matches the percent difference from that website. That's still lower than Korea to NA East according to that site and I live as far from France as possible in the US besides Alaska. I also live in a rural area of California which will get worse pings on average than a city due in part to limited providers. For Paris to New York 70 ping seems reasonable depending on the quality of your ISP.

There is no way that playing on NA East is ever fair for Korea unless the country is in Eastern Europe.

Your flair says you live in Italy. Why don't you use speed test to see what your ping is to New York? Shouldn't be dramatically different from France. Maybe 10-20 ping.
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-06-21 00:55:52
June 21 2021 00:54 GMT
#123
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.


For the record, I never blamed ping once for why Maru lost to Reynor. I blamed his completely stupid build order in game 4 when he gave the game away. I also blamed the map pool a little because Romanticide and Pillars of Gold are VERY Zerg favored in my opinion.

Funny how you were absent from this thread until your golden boy lost to a Zerg who you continue to never give the proper respect to because you're still mad about him winning Blizzcon that one year.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
tigera6
Profile Joined March 2021
3516 Posts
June 21 2021 01:11 GMT
#124
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.

And which one do YOU pick? I am sure you dont want to say that EU Zerg got "lucky" because of Ping, but you dont want to say that Clem "hit the wall" with Dark who looked like outplaying him. Perosnally, I think Maru turtling style has less to do with Ping advantage/disavantage, or maybe he chose that style because of the ping problem and never got out of it. Clem style, who often prefer to send 85-90% of his army into the other side, seems to get read by Dark perfectly and his counter was spot-on in most of the series. To me, it wasnt about "the lag" but rather a strategic win for Dark.

Clem is a great Terran player already, but his "overhype" coming from people ALREADY calling him "the best Terran/player in the world" by literally beating the hell out of Reynor & Serral in the last couple months. I understand that EU crowd love to hype up "their own product", but to say a guy who hasnt yet won a global premiere tournament as THE top player seems to be a bit much. For the record, I still think Reynor is the reigning World Champ, obviously, until we get another interim-champ after the next DH Global or so.

Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-06-21 02:00:56
June 21 2021 01:55 GMT
#125
On June 21 2021 09:48 JJH777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2021 09:19 Xain0n wrote:
On June 21 2021 08:55 JJH777 wrote:
On June 21 2021 08:24 Xain0n wrote:
On June 21 2021 07:51 JJH777 wrote:
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.


It's not just that it affects Terran the most. It's also that the ping for Korea to NA is worse than most of EU to NA. That's especially true for western EU.

For Western EU countries it would actually be far more fair to play all games on NA West.

A lot of people have called Serral GOAT. Especially on Reddit. That is overhype. For current skill rather than overall achievement I'll agree that he's generally been rated fairly though maybe slightly overhyped at times.


Where are you getting this idea from(rhetorical question)? The datas I remember and that were posted seemed to indicate the opposite. Ping from Korea to NA west was always better than ping from EUW to NA west and the majority of games are already being played on that server.

The overhype people in this thread were speaking of was evidently related to the skill level(which, also, it is more or less objective); it would be wise to avoid the evaluation of certain achievements, which are instead subjective unlike the achievements itself.




Data posted here of which there has been very little has always indicated that Koreans are getting the short end with ping.

You can also use a website like this one: https://wondernetwork.com/

Plugging in some locations on that site shows EU is dramatically favored. EU countries have less than 100 ping to the east coast. Korea is almost 200. France literally has 70 ping to the eastern half of the US. Korea vs France on NA west would be 140ping for France vs 136 ping for Korea. Korea vs France on NA East would be nearly 200 ping vs 70 ping.

And yes I know this site and others like it aren't going to translate perfectly to SC2 but ultimately nothing is because one of the most important things is the individual players connections which we have no info on.

Edit: I was incorrect on the distances. Not sure how as I was putting it into Google as I was typing the post but just did it again and got different numbers.


There is no way France is enjoying a ping this low to NA, if not in exceptional cases I would say.
Someone posted here on TL.net the actual ping for some series played in the last DH Masters (Maybe?I don't remember exactly, it could have also been some international tournament from last year) for some of the series and it was around 180-230 iirc with, not surprisingly, KR having better ping to NA west.


I live in California and using a wifi connection I get 170 ping to France. My ping to Seoul is 162. Using a lan connection would lower that a bit. That's very close together and roughly matches the percent difference from that website. That's still lower than Korea to NA East according to that site and I live as far from France as possible in the US besides Alaska. I also live in a rural area of California which will get worse pings on average than a city due in part to limited providers. For Paris to New York 70 ping seems reasonable depending on the quality of your ISP.

There is no way that playing on NA East is ever fair for Korea unless the country is in Eastern Europe.

Your flair says you live in Italy. Why don't you use speed test to see what your ping is to New York? Shouldn't be dramatically different from France. Maybe 10-20 ping.


I don't think they are playing on NA East tho but on NA Central. Also, my connection sadly sucks...

On June 21 2021 09:54 Vindicare605 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.


For the record, I never blamed ping once for why Maru lost to Reynor. I blamed his completely stupid build order in game 4 when he gave the game away. I also blamed the map pool a little because Romanticide and Pillars of Gold are VERY Zerg favored in my opinion.

Funny how you were absent from this thread until your golden boy lost to a Zerg who you continue to never give the proper respect to because you're still mad about him winning Blizzcon that one year.


If you were really paying attention you would notice I almost never post on Tl.net on Sunday afternoons, I'm often away and I prefer just watching games when I can.

If anything, I grew annoyed of Dark because of the hype he got coming into Katowice;he was seen as the clear favorite by many on this forum after winning one tournament over the span of more than one year and I was already vocal about it. Certainly not because Dark won a BlizzCon title after his run in 2016.
I also generally don't like Dark's approach to the game but this doesn't mean I don't respect him as a top player.

On June 21 2021 10:11 tigera6 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.

And which one do YOU pick? I am sure you dont want to say that EU Zerg got "lucky" because of Ping, but you dont want to say that Clem "hit the wall" with Dark who looked like outplaying him. Perosnally, I think Maru turtling style has less to do with Ping advantage/disavantage, or maybe he chose that style because of the ping problem and never got out of it. Clem style, who often prefer to send 85-90% of his army into the other side, seems to get read by Dark perfectly and his counter was spot-on in most of the series. To me, it wasnt about "the lag" but rather a strategic win for Dark.

Clem is a great Terran player already, but his "overhype" coming from people ALREADY calling him "the best Terran/player in the world" by literally beating the hell out of Reynor & Serral in the last couple months. I understand that EU crowd love to hype up "their own product", but to say a guy who hasnt yet won a global premiere tournament as THE top player seems to be a bit much. For the record, I still think Reynor is the reigning World Champ, obviously, until we get another interim-champ after the next DH Global or so.



Terran being the most affected by ping as a whole has always looked like little more than whining to me so it goes without saying that said argument looked hilarious to me after Reynor's victory.
However, the effectiveness of certain playstyles might be hindered more than others when facing a delay in reaction time due to ping.

Claiming Clem to be the best player in the world was definitely a bit too much, praising his TvZ as the best in the world is much more reasonable and I wouldn't change opinion after a single loss, for which Dark gets all the due credit, after such a huge streak.
I don't really pick, as I said I would be curious to watch Clem play Dark again under the same conditions he experiments while playing against Serral and Reynor.

swarminfestor
Profile Joined September 2017
Malaysia2467 Posts
June 21 2021 03:26 GMT
#126
On June 21 2021 09:54 Vindicare605 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.


For the record, I never blamed ping once for why Maru lost to Reynor. I blamed his completely stupid build order in game 4 when he gave the game away. I also blamed the map pool a little because Romanticide and Pillars of Gold are VERY Zerg favored in my opinion.

Funny how you were absent from this thread until your golden boy lost to a Zerg who you continue to never give the proper respect to because you're still mad about him winning Blizzcon that one year.


I thought he targeting all the Korean players who demolished his favorite foreign players and the hatred goes to the players like Rogue, Maru and Dark as far as I remembered trying to disqualify their obvious dominant performances by whatever he thought the reason.
Rogue & Maru fan boy. ^^
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
June 21 2021 03:28 GMT
#127
On June 21 2021 12:26 swarminfestor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2021 09:54 Vindicare605 wrote:
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.


For the record, I never blamed ping once for why Maru lost to Reynor. I blamed his completely stupid build order in game 4 when he gave the game away. I also blamed the map pool a little because Romanticide and Pillars of Gold are VERY Zerg favored in my opinion.

Funny how you were absent from this thread until your golden boy lost to a Zerg who you continue to never give the proper respect to because you're still mad about him winning Blizzcon that one year.


I thought he targeting all the Korean players who demolished his favorite foreign players and the hatred goes to the players like Rogue, Maru and Dark as far as I remembered trying to disqualify their obvious dominant performances by whatever he thought the reason.


That's pretty much what is going on. As far as I've noticed anyway.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
SamirDuran
Profile Joined May 2012
Philippines895 Posts
June 21 2021 03:46 GMT
#128
I love how this thread goes from respecting and celebrating a win for Dark to a thread full of arguments just because his wonderboy lost
Don't practice until you can get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong.
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
June 21 2021 03:47 GMT
#129
On June 21 2021 12:46 SamirDuran wrote:
I love how this thread goes from respecting and celebrating a win for Dark to a thread full of arguments just because his wonderboy lost


I wonder how that happened. /s
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Morbidius
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil3449 Posts
June 21 2021 03:53 GMT
#130
A high profile foreigner loss would not be complete without Xainon blaming it on something else and going on a stupid rant insulting every poster.
Has foreign StarCraft hit rock bottom?
parksonsc
Profile Joined May 2019
175 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-06-21 04:11:55
June 21 2021 04:10 GMT
#131
On June 21 2021 00:12 Rob-Zero wrote:
Heromarine clearly affected by the ping, as it is always the worst for the terrans and easy for the zerg. That´s sad, offline he would have stomped Dark, who really doesn´t look very strong


Hello? Are you still there? If you just started to watch SC2 from this year, this statement would make sense though.
starkiller123
Profile Joined January 2016
United States4030 Posts
June 21 2021 04:36 GMT
#132
On June 21 2021 12:53 Morbidius wrote:
A high profile foreigner loss would not be complete without Xainon blaming it on something else and going on a stupid rant insulting every poster.

its honestly a staple of TL these days lol
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
June 21 2021 06:58 GMT
#133
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.

Yes, Clem is a bit more at a disadvantage playing TvZ cross server than a zerg opponent (but he has time zone advantage), hard to quantify by how much though.
But in TvT you are as disadvantaged as the opponent given equal ping, so we would have to see their respective pings.
It’s merely a code A Terran though...
WriterMaru
tennisl
Profile Joined March 2018
United Kingdom44 Posts
June 21 2021 07:29 GMT
#134
On June 21 2021 03:58 buzz_bender wrote:
Dark played out of his mind! That was freaking amazing series by Dark, absolutely mind-blowing performance by Dark.

I also do agree that Clem has also got into the heads of Serral/Reynor. They keep playing the same way against him, which is clearly not working. Dark brought the chaos against Clem, and he couldn't deal with it.


This is very underrated post. I agree.

Dark himself during the interview said that he watched replays Clem vs Reynor/Serral and decided to play different style to put Clem into coma. Clem was totally outplayed.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7424 Posts
June 21 2021 09:01 GMT
#135
I think Reynor and Serral should send Dark a gift basket for kicking out Clem :D
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
buzz_bender
Profile Joined August 2019
446 Posts
June 21 2021 09:27 GMT
#136
On June 21 2021 16:29 tennisl wrote:
Dark himself during the interview said that he watched replays Clem vs Reynor/Serral and decided to play different style to put Clem into coma. Clem was totally outplayed.


I would absolutely love to have a discussion about the individual games instead of arguing about players again.

For example, on Romanticide, it seems that Clem was expecting Dark to go heavy lurker gameplay, like what Serral/Reynor usually does, but Dark does not. He morphs a few of them and uses them aggressively (and even sacrifices them at times), while staying mainly on Ling/Bane. If I'm not mistaken, he also gets all the upgrades for his lings way earlier than most, for example adrenal gland, which was crucial in killing so many SCVs in the run-bys.

In 2000 Atmosphere, Dark played a style which I personally have never seen before executed to that perfection, staying mainly on Roach/Ravager with Infestors mixed in early. It seems like Clem didn't as well, and got caught fungaled a few times. He then got Vipers, and transitioned to Ultras, using Ultras to run-by, while micro-ing Vipers/Infestors against Clem's bio army, while using Roach/Ravager. That is a style which I have not seen any Zerg player use against Clem. It is certainly completely different from Serral/Reynor's playstyle against Clem, in which I only see one style that they have used against him.
stilt
Profile Joined October 2012
France2755 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-06-21 11:14:33
June 21 2021 11:11 GMT
#137
On June 21 2021 08:55 JJH777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2021 08:24 Xain0n wrote:
On June 21 2021 07:51 JJH777 wrote:
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.


It's not just that it affects Terran the most. It's also that the ping for Korea to NA is worse than most of EU to NA. That's especially true for western EU.

For Western EU countries it would actually be far more fair to play all games on NA West.

A lot of people have called Serral GOAT. Especially on Reddit. That is overhype. For current skill rather than overall achievement I'll agree that he's generally been rated fairly though maybe slightly overhyped at times.


Where are you getting this idea from(rhetorical question)? The datas I remember and that were posted seemed to indicate the opposite. Ping from Korea to NA west was always better than ping from EUW to NA west and the majority of games are already being played on that server.

The overhype people in this thread were speaking of was evidently related to the skill level(which, also, it is more or less objective); it would be wise to avoid the evaluation of certain achievements, which are instead subjective unlike the achievements itself.




Data posted here of which there has been very little has always indicated that Koreans are getting the short end with ping.

You can also use a website like this one: https://wondernetwork.com/

Plugging in some locations on that site shows EU is dramatically favored. EU countries have less than 100 ping to the east coast. Korea is almost 200. France literally has 70 ping to the eastern half of the US. Korea vs France on NA west would be 140ping for France vs 136 ping for Korea. Korea vs France on NA East would be nearly 200 ping vs 70 ping.

And yes I know this site and others like it aren't going to translate perfectly to SC2 but ultimately nothing is because one of the most important things is the individual players connections which we have no info on.

Edit: I was incorrect on the distances. Not sure how as I was putting it into Google as I was typing the post but just did it again and got different numbers.


Good luck in finding a french connexion at 140 ping on na west.
Never got 70 pings on east either, more like 90-100.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-06-21 11:28:05
June 21 2021 11:25 GMT
#138
On June 21 2021 18:01 Harris1st wrote:
I think Reynor and Serral should send Dark a gift basket for kicking out Clem :D


Well, Serral has a very real chance of getting knocked out soon too, if he plays vs. Dark or Reynor in the losers' semifinals!

It's unfortunate that Clem's run wasn't that great, especially against the Koreans in the winners'/losers' brackets, but the competition is tough at that level. Let's see if Serral can run through the losers' bracket and if Reynor can stay in the winners', for some foreigner representation.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
June 21 2021 11:27 GMT
#139
I did nothing but point out some inconsistencies in the evaluation of certain issues.

On June 21 2021 15:58 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.

Yes, Clem is a bit more at a disadvantage playing TvZ cross server than a zerg opponent (but he has time zone advantage), hard to quantify by how much though.
But in TvT you are as disadvantaged as the opponent given equal ping, so we would have to see their respective pings.
It’s merely a code A Terran though...


Calling Cure a "code A Terran" is a Twitch chat level bait.

On June 21 2021 13:36 starkiller123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2021 12:53 Morbidius wrote:
A high profile foreigner loss would not be complete without Xainon blaming it on something else and going on a stupid rant insulting every poster.

its honestly a staple of TL these days lol


You act like you have no idea what ranting and insulting really is which is very surprising since I know you do.
darklycid
Profile Joined May 2014
3562 Posts
June 21 2021 11:29 GMT
#140
On June 21 2021 20:27 Xain0n wrote:
I did nothing but point out some inconsistencies in the evaluation of certain issues.

Show nested quote +
On June 21 2021 15:58 Poopi wrote:
On June 21 2021 07:30 Xain0n wrote:
Isn't it fun that the same people who were sure lag was the main reason for which Reynor beat Maru now aren't saying anything about ping affecting Terran the most?
Just pick one, guys.

I, for one, will be really interested to watch Clem play against the style Dark displayed on LAN or the same server; thus said, this series was truly good from Dark.

Speaking of overhype, everyone seem to genuinely love Clem and the idea of a foreign Terran eventually being a top player.
Once Serral started winning, he was never overhyped.

Yes, Clem is a bit more at a disadvantage playing TvZ cross server than a zerg opponent (but he has time zone advantage), hard to quantify by how much though.
But in TvT you are as disadvantaged as the opponent given equal ping, so we would have to see their respective pings.
It’s merely a code A Terran though...


Calling Cure a "code A Terran" is a Twitch chat level bait.

Show nested quote +
On June 21 2021 13:36 starkiller123 wrote:
On June 21 2021 12:53 Morbidius wrote:
A high profile foreigner loss would not be complete without Xainon blaming it on something else and going on a stupid rant insulting every poster.

its honestly a staple of TL these days lol


You act like you have no idea what ranting and insulting really is which is very surprising since I know you do.

Btw serral lost to a mere code A protoss gotta feel bad for him
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 362
OGKoka 254
Codebar 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46798
Calm 4266
Shuttle 2139
Bisu 1631
FanTaSy 1500
Mini 935
EffOrt 644
Soma 640
Rush 501
Stork 329
[ Show more ]
Light 264
Hyuk 247
Snow 234
firebathero 227
actioN 188
ZerO 181
Dewaltoss 92
Zeus 81
Barracks 80
hero 70
Killer 51
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 38
Hyun 38
Pusan 34
Sharp 33
Bale 26
Free 24
Shine 21
PianO 19
HiyA 17
Aegong 16
sorry 16
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7229
Dendi1188
League of Legends
KnowMe33
Counter-Strike
x6flipin260
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes568
Lowko429
Other Games
singsing2248
hiko1854
B2W.Neo370
byalli270
Livibee218
Liquid`VortiX196
Hui .180
mouzStarbuck117
Mew2King67
Trikslyr48
Rex29
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV73
League of Legends
• Nemesis2500
Other Games
• Shiphtur337
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 1m
Replay Cast
7h 46m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.